PDA

View Full Version : This game simply cannot be published

Sesac
03-06-2015, 02:27 PM

I can't believe this.

DMB1985
03-06-2015, 02:29 PM
I don't think I've ever seen such sophisticated water effects. It looks more realistic then real water!

RandomMrBrick
03-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Now introducing in the all new Rollercoaster Tycoon World, fountains that don't obey physics! We hope this brings a whole new level of gameplay to the game and that you enjoy this!

Bye guys, see you in another 10,000 weeks.

coaster6
03-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Blog Pist #5- Fountain And Waterfalls!

Deuce
03-06-2015, 02:40 PM
I design water displays - and that almost looks like a vortex to me. IE tha cylinder is clear acrylic and the vortex is inside it.

That would explain the steps around it.

It's still rubbish though. I'm just saying it might be a rubbish vortex instead of a fountain :)

darkhorizon
03-06-2015, 02:43 PM
It's like they didn't even try.

The Stig
03-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Looks like a tube of Jell-O with some steps around it.

Deuce
03-06-2015, 03:07 PM
Joking aside and whatever it's meant to be, the thing that's annoying me is the curved bits are so jagged. It's 2015, I can't remember the last game that had a series of lines instead of a curve. And the coaster track looks the same. It really is like going back 10 years.

Maybe they think us pc gamers like jagged edges?

imiha
03-06-2015, 03:18 PM

This fountain is the exact representation of the entire game!

Brad210
03-06-2015, 04:02 PM
I honestly believe they will cancel the game; the damage is done. I can't see how this is commercially viable. It's been slated. I think the few who will buy it based on nostalgia are few and far between.

They really have two choices; scrap and back to the drawing board, or release the final cash grab of the franchise.

Deuce
03-06-2015, 04:10 PM
I said same on another thread. Whatever illusion they were under is now smashed. There will be some sort of dramatic change of plan now.

When this happened with command and conquer it was canned.

The way I see it, it doesn't matter anymore to me. Frontier have already shown they can make a beautiful park sim in the form of zoo tycoon. And they have the coaster designer sorted. So effectively they will make the game we want.

Thompso
03-06-2015, 04:15 PM

I can't believe this.

It Literally looks like a water fountain from The Sims 1

Deuce
03-06-2015, 04:16 PM
I also think that what I said above is probably the reason they set low budget for this game and used an unknown developer.

They must have realised frontier could make a superior product without even breaking a sweat.

This is a last stab at the RCT cash cow.

Thompso
03-06-2015, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=Brad210;10573]I honestly believe they will cancel the game

No they won't because some nut out there will actually pay $49.00 for this game sadly.

:(

Deuce
03-06-2015, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=Brad210;10573]I honestly believe they will cancel the game

No they won't because some nut out there will actually pay $49.00 for this game sadly.

:(

It's true. RCT3 sold 10m copies. This game will sell enough to be worthwhile no matter what.

It will also kill RCT franchise but it will make a bit of money no matter what

DMB1985
03-06-2015, 04:25 PM
I said same on another thread. Whatever illusion they were under is now smashed. There will be some sort of dramatic change of plan now.

When this happened with command and conquer it was canned.

The way I see it, it doesn't matter anymore to me. Frontier have already shown they can make a beautiful park sim in the form of zoo tycoon. And they have the coaster designer sorted. So effectively they will make the game we want.

Yep. There's not really a lot of reason to be upset about this. Sure, it's disappointing that this game looks like it could well be a pile of trash but with the knowledge that Frontier are developing Coasterpark Tycoon, we can at least rest safe in the knowledge that there we do at least have another theme park sim in the pipeline, even if we have to wait another year for it.

Kranky
03-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Is that a teleporter

Deuce
03-06-2015, 05:00 PM
Is that a teleporter

If it is, then it's game over.

HipsterJesus
03-06-2015, 05:10 PM
It Literally looks like a water fountain from The Sims 1

Even Sims 1 had more realistic water fountains...

Asgaurd
03-06-2015, 05:12 PM
im not sure whats going on, this happened a few months ago with elite dangerous, (what a failure in game content and public relations that was)and this seems to be going the same way. Its like these publishers want to go bankrupt, frontiers stocks have plummeted ) and if this is released in this form then so will atari,s what is going on is it lack of dedication , lack of talent, or just cant be bothered to fulfill there promises. I used to pre order lots of games BUT no more. lost way to much money. very sad.

0BobTheJanitor
03-06-2015, 05:40 PM

That's not Sims 1

timtimmy
03-06-2015, 06:46 PM

That's The Sims 2. I recognize the guy sitting on the bench.

But still, I get the point.

HipsterJesus
03-06-2015, 06:57 PM
That's not Sims 1

That's The Sims 2. I recognize the guy sitting on the bench.

But still, I get the point.

My fault... well, atleast we can say that Sims 2, which was published in 2004 just as RCT3, has better fountains, lol.

Nagta
03-06-2015, 07:07 PM
Maybe it's gonna be a flash game :)

Heck, idk. Just waiting for a dev post to see their explanation.

Deuce
03-06-2015, 07:16 PM
im not sure whats going on, this happened a few months ago with elite dangerous, (what a failure in game content and public relations that was)and this seems to be going the same way. Its like these publishers want to go bankrupt, frontiers stocks have plummeted ) and if this is released in this form then so will atari,s what is going on is it lack of dedication , lack of talent, or just cant be bothered to fulfill there promises. I used to pre order lots of games BUT no more. lost way to much money. very sad.

What's going on is pretty simple.

A game company finds itself unable to fund the development of a really good game, which would momally mean they may as well give up and call the liquidators in.

But sometimes they own a franchise that has a good history. They can't afford to make a game that lives up to the former standards of the franchise but that doesn't matter. They can always release one last game, any game, knowing they can cash in on the franchise one last time.

This final last ditch game will always be poor. If you know making a great game is impossible, you may as well save as much cash as you can and release the bare minimum.

Why else would one of the oldest names in gaming hand one of the biggest franchises to a developer that employs 11 people and no one has even heard of? Because it's irrelavant. The game will sell no matter what, and it will suck no matter what.

Elite dangerous is actually a little different. It is actually a very good, very clever game. It just lacks content. Which isn't surprising when you consider the finances behind it. But in time, I think it will become a lot better and will probably be as fondly remembered as the original.

RCTW will be remembered in the same way I remember theme park world...