PDA

View Full Version : Dev Blog 5? You 'round here?

RandomMrBrick
03-06-2015, 01:34 PM
Anyone wondering if we'll get the dev blog today?

ExtraCheese
03-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Chances are 50/50 I think. If Atari is wise they will post a blog to react upon the trailer...

coaster6
03-06-2015, 01:37 PM
If they wish to keep RCT alive, a blog post is required.

DMB1985
03-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Atari need to repair the damage the trailer has done immediately so they need to release a blog ASAP. I'm going to guess that they don't but if they do, it could be an entertaining read.

imiha
03-06-2015, 02:13 PM
They need to think about what they did and how they are going to manage that. If this is the case, the blog will probably be up in the next week. If they are going to say just "The response was wonderful and we can't wait to show you more" then they wil post it today.

RCTW1
03-06-2015, 02:21 PM
They're all doing the finger to lip up & down motion, and scratching their heads.

GoobyPls
03-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Mattlab stated that there will be a blogpost this week, which of course could mean saturday or sunday, too, but as hes not even working on weekdays i'm pretty sure that it will be posted either today or next friday.

The Stig
03-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Nah, the team probably grabbed what money they could and abandoned ship.

redyar
03-06-2015, 03:03 PM
I guess it will be next week. RCT is in a huge trouble now, maybe some will lose their job, maybe it is the end for Atari or maybe it was the biggest fail of history and they uploaded the wrong trailer (with this trailer, everything is possible). However, they should be smart now and over think what happend. We cannot understand their actions but on the other side we do not know the background story behind it.

Indiglow
03-06-2015, 07:55 PM
Next dev blog you see will be them announcing the canceling of this game.

After that trailer and the 90% outrage of people refusing to purchase this game they would be stupid to release this crap.

RCTW is like the Windows Millennium Edition of Windows.....we just don't talk about it and we act like it never happened.

JaydenIrwin
03-06-2015, 08:11 PM
I feel like they are going to promise to do better, but not actually follow through... :(

Z0MBI3KILL3R1234
03-06-2015, 10:07 PM
The week is not over till Midnight on Sunday so we still have 2 days to wait till we go up-in-arms about there being no blog.

BigDaddy
03-06-2015, 10:30 PM
look at a calendar, the week is actually over sat at midnight

Z0MBI3KILL3R1234
03-06-2015, 10:43 PM
That is not the point. The point is don't need to go Clementine crazy until Monday then go at it

TheCoasterGOd3
03-07-2015, 12:42 AM
Guys, I think we may finally get our answers. Mattlab is in the house as it is.

Mattlab
03-07-2015, 12:45 AM
We will be posting a blog early next week about the status of the game and our plans. Until then you should know that we will not release a game that is not ready and are taking the time to do it right. I would also like to add that the teaser trailer was designed to show progress of the game but is not fully representative of the final game. For example, visually there is a lot of work left to do. It is as many have suspected from an early build, which we will provide more details on next week.

michael7310
03-07-2015, 12:46 AM
We will be posting a blog early next week about the status of the game and our plans. Until then you should know that we will not release a game that is not ready and are taking the time to do it right.

Would we be able to get a statement from you regarding the negativity surrounding the game at this current point in time?

gannondork14
03-07-2015, 12:49 AM
Okay so why would you make a trailer from an early build? Why not use up to date gameplay its like your trying to stab yourself in the foot.

TheCoasterGOd3
03-07-2015, 12:50 AM
We will be posting a blog early next week about the status of the game and our plans. Until then you should know that we will not release a game that is not ready and are taking the time to do it right. I would also like to add that the teaser trailer was designed to show progress of the game but is not representative of the final game. It is as many have suspected from an early build, which we will provide more details on next week.

I think the question we all want to know is, was the trailer an pre-alpha build?

tycoon
03-07-2015, 12:51 AM
We will be posting a blog early next week about the status of the game and our plans. Until then you should know that we will not release a game that is not ready and are taking the time to do it right. I would also like to add that the teaser trailer was designed to show progress of the game but is not fully representative of the final game. For example, visually there is a lot of work left to do. It is as many have suspected from an early build, which we will provide more details on next week.

well, thank you for at least making that statement, and we are all looking forward to the next blog post. silver lining: the forums are more active than ever! :)

Mattlab
03-07-2015, 12:54 AM
I think the question we all want to know is, was the trailer an pre-alpha build?

We will be answering that in our blog where we have the ability to give more details. That said as many have noticed the release date is now set to Mid-2015 (as seen on Steam) and as I mentioned we won't release something that is not ready. The game needs the proper time to be done right. We have a quality and visual goal to meet and we aren't there yet but we have exciting news on our next blog that we can finally share that will help us get there.

coaster6
03-07-2015, 12:54 AM
We will be posting a blog early next week about the status of the game and our plans. Until then you should know that we will not release a game that is not ready and are taking the time to do it right. I would also like to add that the teaser trailer was designed to show progress of the game but is not fully representative of the final game. For example, visually there is a lot of work left to do. It is as many have suspected from an early build, which we will provide more details on next week. Thanks for calming the storm.

bigblong
03-07-2015, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the update, considering how hateful and attacking this community has been acting, I'm sure positive comments are much too rare to come by.

TheCoasterGOd3
03-07-2015, 12:59 AM
Ok man. I believe you. Just one piece of advice...
Don't give up. Cause I know you can prove the naysayers wrong, I know that RCTW will be the game that we all wanted. And you've given me the hope I needed.

Good luck Mattlab.

Mattlab
03-07-2015, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the update, considering how hateful and attacking this community has been acting, I'm sure positive comments are much too rare to come by.

We love our community and their passion is the reason this game is going to be great when it finally comes out. The bar is high and we need to meet it.

We thank everyone for the feedback, the debates, and hope they continue but also know that early next week we will have a full post about the game, the status of it, and more info on where the teaser came from.

coaster6
03-07-2015, 01:10 AM
We love our community and their passion is the reason this game is going to be great when it finally comes out. The bar is high and we need to meet it.

We thank everyone for the feedback, the debates, and hope they continue but also know that early next week we will have a full post about the game, the status of it, and more info on where the teaser came from. That's awesome. I know it's probably tough right now with all the negative feedbck, but we're starting to get rays of sunlight.

Mattlab
03-07-2015, 01:14 AM
I will add that the teaser is indeed from an early build and the reason for it will be explained in our post. There has been a lot of work done on other aspects of the game before visuals, details in the post...

Our goal is to have amazing gameplay (which a key aspect that sets the foundation for a fun game) and has been our current focus over the last number of months but yes of course hi-res amazing visuals are critical as well and we will have those too once we are ready.

PixelPlayer
03-07-2015, 01:19 AM
We will be answering that in our blog where we have the ability to give more details. That said as many have noticed the release date is now set to Mid-2015 (as seen on Steam) and as I mentioned we won't release something that is not ready. The game needs the proper time to be done right. We have a quality and visual goal to meet and we aren't there yet but we have exciting news on our next blog that we can finally share that will help us get there.

Can you also in the blog explain the misleading differences of your images to the quality in the video? Its so confusing how there so far apart =/

And also, please add images and video to your blogs... walls of text is not inspiring any one.

Mattlab
03-07-2015, 01:22 AM
Can you also in the blog explain the misleading differences of your images to the quality in the video? Its so confusing how there so far apart =/

And also, please add images and video to your blogs... walls of text is not inspiring any one.

Yes, I will try and address that as well.

coaster6
03-07-2015, 01:27 AM
Mattlab,

I'm very impressed by you're bravery to try and tackle the forums today, but can I ask you one very important question.

Why can't we get the blog post this weekend?

The posts are very random and I'd be lying to you if I said I haven't been on the forums less than 6 hours the past two days. We're very on edge. I'd just love to see an early Saturday blog post; where you interact with the fans for a little.

Honestly, it means so much to me you're bringing this game back but I'm starting to lose hope..

tycoon
03-07-2015, 01:29 AM
Yes, I will try and address that as well.

thank the coaster gods for this communication. so long as you try i think you'll find most will be understanding - it's the silence and failing to deliver on promises like 'in a dev blog next week...', or posting a trailer with no explanation (and you allude to there being one, which i'll grant the benefit of the doubt regarding), that gets people riled up around here...

you might also consider addressing the switch from pipeworks to area 52, and whether or not they are even still involved in development (as there was no attribution in the trailer), and its potential affect (or non-affect) on game development to date, as that has also become a topic ripe for conversation around here. i also take it you'll explain the 'mid 2015' release as you alluded to. we all wish you the best, and are just hoping for a great new RCT - let's just work on the communication a bit can we? ;)

TheCoasterGOd3
Mattlab, You're lucky to know that we're more forgiving here and respect your bravery here today. If you were on Theme Park Review, they would have torn you to shreds.

Mattlab
Mattlab,

I'm very impressed by you're bravery to try and tackle the forums today, but can I ask you one very important question.

Why can't we get the blog post this weekend?

The posts are very random and I'd be lying to you if I said I haven't been on the forums less than 6 hours the past two days. We're very on edge. I'd just love to see an early Saturday blog post; where you interact with the fans for a little.

Honestly, it means so much to me you're bringing this game back but I'm starting to lose hope..

The blog is full of news and information and we want to make sure everything is confirmed 100% before its posted. Due to GDC we simply were not able to do that in time for today. I can assure you that it touches on all the major points, talks about the game, and sets up the plan for the future to assuage the comments we are seeing the community post.

coaster6
03-07-2015, 01:32 AM
The blog is full of news and information and we want to make sure everything is confirmed 100% before its posted. Due to GDC we simply were not able to do that in time for today. I can assure you that it touches on all the major points, talks about the game, and sets up the plan for the future to assuage the comments we are seeing the community post.
See, that's great communication! You answered my question to start. Then you TOLD ME why. That's huge. And then you embellished the fact. That's all you need to for this tight-knitted community!

TheCoasterGOd3
03-07-2015, 01:35 AM

I don't blame you. It must have been one busy event.

darkhorizon
03-07-2015, 01:41 AM
I'm keeping my expectations low and reserved tbh. And I think a great portion of the RCT fanbase are as well, until it is actually proved that this game is worth our time. Because watching that teaser...I personally felt like these past 6 months have been a complete waste of my time. But I'm sure you guys have heard this over and over already.

I hope you guys (Atari/Area52) TRULY realize how passionate the community is about this game, what we are expecting from it...because that teaser didn't really show anything that the community had been asking for.

The response from you, Mattlab, is definitely respected, though. I personally wasn't expecting a response so soon.

Underdog104
03-07-2015, 01:47 AM
So we will see a devblog "early next week"? Kinda like how the game was going to be released "early 2015"? So we should see the next blog by September?? Can't wait!!!!

Cabelle1863
03-07-2015, 01:54 AM
Thank you for stopping by to answer what you can, Mattlab. I'm looking forward to reading the blog when it comes out.

TheCoasterGOd3
03-07-2015, 02:07 AM
Godspeed Mattlab. And I wish best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Nagta
03-07-2015, 02:16 AM
Thank you. I'm still disappointed with the trailer, but thank you for the clarification. Whether it's early, mid or late 2015, I hope the game isn't a moneygrabber for the franchise. We love this game, and I was just disappointed by seeing that after waiting for 10 years for a new game in the series.

Thank you. I really appreciate the clarification, especially in this sh*t storm. Must have been tough to read through all the hate. But please, adress and clarify the issues that your fans are mad about, and at the moment we are justified to be skeptical about the game.

Good luck with the dev post.

Stream
03-07-2015, 03:58 AM
I had to register to say this. Mattlab, you guys are completely delusional. Look at all the backlash this trailer has created. Just a quick estimate I would say there's about a 95:5 negative to positive reaction to it. You guys need to release something truly drastic and amazing, like yesterday, in order to fix this debacle. The trailer was a total joke, and you won't have any customers left unless you make up for it with another trailer showing the game in the state it is in right now. You should also address the developer change, the decline in quality (is it because it's going to be free2play with microtransactions?), and the incredible lack of quality overall shown in this trailer. You're killing yourselves, and this corporate BS will never fly if you can't deliver solid information and respond to this backlash. Look at all the articles about the trailer, look at every forum discussing it, the comments and ratings on the youtube and facebook page. Open your eyes and fix it or you won't have a community left.

Sorry for being harsh, but it's reality. A reality you guys created.

Ps. I'm not putting blame on you personally, but towards the company as a whole.

paulbriffett
03-07-2015, 04:28 AM
I'm so glad that Mattlab has responded with an explanation for the bad graphics in the trailer :)

Jamppa158
03-07-2015, 04:50 AM
Thanks for clearing everything up, Mattlab. But in future please explain what the videos are about when you share them.

ExtraCheese
03-07-2015, 04:57 AM
Wow this is great. Matt actually confirming the teaser is an early build really gives me hope.
The room I was in was light, then it suddenly turned as black as the night when the teaser trailer came out. The comments of Mattlab did put on a light, small as it may be at this point, but it is a light.

Can't wait to read the next blog post, explaining why we were hit in the back with a dagger.

rdrunr
03-07-2015, 05:13 AM
I was getting a bit concerned when there had been no word from the Atari team after the "passionate" responses to the video. Thanks very much for your words Mattlab. I'm looking forward to the next blog post.

DMB1985
03-07-2015, 05:36 AM
It's good that we do at least have confirmation that the trailer is from an earlier build but why was this not made clear at the time of release? The trailer has been ridiculed around the web and could have caused irreversible damage to the reputation of the game. A simple banner across the bottom of the trailer stating that the footage was taken from an early build could have saved a whole lot of aggro from us fans and caused far less embarrassment for Atari and Area 52. Also, when you have shown screenshots that we hope are representative of the final game then why use a trailer from an earlier build?

I want to try and be positive about RCTW because I've been a fan of RCT since the very beginning and still play the older games from time to time but at the moment I'm just struggling to see a reason to expect anything much at all.

Kambor
03-07-2015, 05:37 AM
Ok Mattlab that sounds much better. Maybe we (the community) should start to tell everyone to calm down.

Nagta
03-07-2015, 06:21 AM
Okay, guys, I'm not trying to bring back the negativity. But let's not be a herd of sheep. Bad trailer, everyone goes apesh*t, and without proper confirmation, everyone becomes a monk of serenity and peace.

The game was scheduled for early 2015, than appeared as mid 2015 on the steam page. Now, they've pushed it futher again. I appreciate this, putting more time into this (I've waited 10 years, another half a year isn't much). However, it gives me a feeling they have pushed the dates back given from the reactions.

It was still a disappointing trailer, and Atari had no reason to post an earlier footage for a gameplay trailer. We'll have to see. The spark of hope is there, but let's not turn it into a beacon.

Kombiice
03-07-2015, 06:22 AM
Yes, I will try and address that as well. Okay !! Will there be a newer trailer , too ??

justinm_
03-07-2015, 07:24 AM
Im happy that we got a response so thank you mattlab but my hopes are high and expectations are low. if everything he says is true then we will get the game we wanted but it will take longer which i couldn't care less about. I'd rather get a good game than one that was rushed, however long it takes.

justinm_
03-07-2015, 07:24 AM
Okay !! Will there be a newer trailer , too ??

I hope so but I doubt it

Wabigbear
03-07-2015, 07:57 AM
I will add that the teaser is indeed from an early build and the reason for it will be explained in our post. There has been a lot of work done on other aspects of the game before visuals, details in the post...

Our goal is to have amazing gameplay (which a key aspect that sets the foundation for a fun game) and has been our current focus over the last number of months but yes of course hi-res amazing visuals are critical as well and we will have those too once we are ready.

Confused. You say that current focus is on gameplay and the visuals will come later, but before you were bragging about how good everything looks in-game? So which is it?

So the rides, objects, and coasters in the game are more detailed than ever before. Of course, everything is hi-res and we’ve packed objects and rides with tons of animations to give your creations a real authentic feel. We have taken full advantage of today’s next-gen technology to make sure that the game is more detailed than ever before. I don’t want to spoil the surprise but its amazing to see how things come to life from the moment you place down your first ride to the time a peep gets on and rides it. Additionally, the new scenery animatronics we have in the game add an immersive and beautiful element that your peeps will enjoy as they plan their next park adventure. The attention to and level of detail in RCTW’s art and animations is unprecedented in the history of the franchise.

Please, enough with all that canned public relations press-release-style BS. I'd much rather hear the unvarnished truth for a change. This "work on other aspects before visuals" sounds like just more double-talk.

Either the game currently does or does not have visuals like the trailer, straight up I'd like to know which. Are the screenshots shown to date from a current working version of the game?

I'm happy that you responded and I look forward to the explanations being offered, but not everyone is going suddenly going to do an 180 pretending all is now perfect while little nekkid cherub babies burst out into a heavenly chorus om the background. It's not just the people at this site you need to convince.

GoobyPls
03-07-2015, 08:07 AM
Confused. You say that current focus is on gameplay and the visuals will come later, but before you were bragging about how good everything looks in-game? So which is it?

Please, enough with all that canned public relations press-release-style BS. I'd much rather hear the unvarnished truth for a change. This "work on other aspects before visuals" sounds like just more double-talk.

Either the game currently does or does not have visuals like the trailer, straight up I'd like to know which. Are the screenshots shown to date from a current working version of the game?

it's harsh to say this, but at this point we basically can't really believe anything Mattlab says, until we get confirmation in form of pictures/videos.

Retinad
03-07-2015, 08:08 AM

So everything you said in your last few blog posts was a lie? Because you told us that everything looked visually amazing. And also it doesn't make sense at all to publish a trailer with "an early build"-graphic. Sorry but your PR-work is horrible.

Paul_Boland
03-07-2015, 08:18 AM
Mattlab, thanks for chipping in on the discussion at hand. Looking forward to your new blog post.

Tyrola
03-07-2015, 08:58 AM
Hello Mattlab, hey Community,

I really hope it's true what you are saying. I've found also this blogpost http://powerleveled.com/contrary-to-reports-the-new-rollercoaster-tycoon-doesnt-look-like-sht/ which supports your statement and makes me feel better.
I love Atari. Really. I really thought if this graphics from the trailer are in the game now, this can be the real end of Atari which had financial problems in the last years.

It's also sad for Area 52 Games, they got a unfinished game from Pipeworks and now all the "****storm". Since I've seen this trailer I can image why Atari kicked Pipeworks out of the development. But that's another story.

I look really forward to the next blog post. I played all Roller Coaster Tycoons for years and I am a huge fan of the series. I was been waiting for the new RCT since years now. I asked Atari in the last years every 6 months on their Facebook page to get new informations :D.

If the graphics looks a lot of better in real, there's only one question: Why do you have released this sh**ty gameplay trailer? I mean this is not hate, this was only a big marketing mistake I think.

There are so many ways to show more from the game if you haven't enough time to produce a new gameplay trailer.
Share more "unrendered" screenshots, maybe invite a few let's players to your office and give them a chance to record a few minutes gameplay material. Everything is better I think then this released "****storm trailer".

I will preorder this game in any case. If its great, I have a great game. If it's bad I've supported Atari. But I trust Mattlab and his team and so I think it will be great ;-)

Please don't disappoint us.

Best regards from Germany,
Alexander

TataNiqqa
03-07-2015, 09:39 AM
I actually think it will be fine with RCTW. Im following the game since the first trailer and I must say, the game looks good on the trailer. If you watch the trailer you are beginning in a rollercoaster going in a tunnel. Before the drop the game looks good (From 0:00 to 0:15). You see in this part it's buetifull! After that, you see the game is changed. You see the terrible graphics and gameplay. But at the end you are AGAIN in a rollercoaster. From 0:50 to the end of the trailer you see again the buetifull graphics and buetifull track. I actually believe in this game, because the trailer was not the actual gameplay. I think that the actual gameplay is in the beginning and at the end of the trailer. The part between it is old footage :).

Let me know what you think!

EDIT: By the way, if you look good at the trailer they show things that aren't matching the actual screenshots and even not parts of the trailer! In the beginning you see a buetifull track with nice graphics changing in one second to terrible. If you guys are watching this trailer good you need to be excited! I was shocked when i saw the terrible part but I think Atari isn't done with all the attractions, paths and such. That's why they don't show it to us. They are so excited to show it but it isnt done. That's why they show us a old footage dont you think? Again im really excited for this game because this is my childhood. Good job Atari, you showed us some actual footage from the game, and some old footage. At least, that is what i believe :).

DMB1985
03-07-2015, 09:41 AM
The beginning and end of the trailer are NOT from the game. It is POV footage from Goliath with a bit of touching up.

Wabigbear
03-07-2015, 09:41 AM
If I want to spend money just to 'support' something, it will be for things like feeding the homeless or supporting animal shelters - NOT for propping up a game company that makes bad decisions.

If everyone decides to pre-book no matter how bad it might be, what is the motivation for them to provide something good? And I'd say that about any company, not just Atari, nor just about RCT. No disrespect, but I just don't get that. I understand being supportive - I think that's great, but without expectations?

IF what we are shown in the future looks FAR better than what we were just shown, IF early reviews are positive, IF there is a beta for removing as many bugs as possible, THEN I will consider pre-booking. But not before.

tycoon
03-07-2015, 09:44 AM
I actually think it will be fine with RCTW. Im following the game since the first trailer and I must say, the game looks good on the trailer. If you watch the trailer you are beginning in a rollercoaster going in a tunnel. Before the drop the game looks good (From 0:00 to 0:15). You see in this part it's buetifull! After that, you see the game is changed. You see the terrible graphics and gameplay. But at the end you are AGAIN in a rollercoaster. From 0:50 to the end of the trailer you see again the buetifull graphics and buetifull track. I actually believe in this game, because the trailer was not the actual gameplay. I think that the actual gameplay is in the beginning and at the end of the trailer. The part between it is old footage :).

Let me know what you think!

i hope you're kidding but i don't think you are... the roller coaster footage is a POV video of a real coaster, dude...

http://i60.tinypic.com/9jesr9.jpg

look familiar? it's the coaster from the trailer... also known as goliath, from six flags magic mountain... there's just some filters applied to the trailer footage...

the 'part between' is the ONLY footage. now, what do you think? :)

TataNiqqa
03-07-2015, 09:49 AM
i hope you're kidding but i don't think you are... the roller coaster footage is a POV video of a real coaster, dude...

http://i60.tinypic.com/9jesr9.jpg

look familiar? it's the coaster from the trailer... also known as goliath, from six flags magic mountain... there's just some filters applied to the trailer footage...

the 'part between' is the ONLY footage. now, what do you think? :)

Uhhh, i still think that it look to cartoonish to let it look like a real footage from the real rollercoaster in six flags. I am a from the netherlands so i didnt know this. But i still think that the footage between wasnt the actual game. Maybe they remaked the Goliath?

EDIT: Well i think i changed my mind. If you watch this HD footage from the Goliath:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCMeq6EzmlU and the one from the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzgAhPffWsM you see almost no difference. Im dissapointed although a voice in my mind says ecerytime that the footage in the trailer isnt real. I just dont know lol.

Yay EDIT 2: I am sure the footage is fake. Im sorry guys i was unknown. I made a print screen to let you show:

http://s2.postimg.org/k9ldgc8gp/RCTW.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/me5qhfa39/full/)

Im sorry i was stupid :P

ddrplaya4638
03-07-2015, 09:59 AM
If they released a new trailer to counteract the last one I think they will gain positive feedback. We all can agree that the screen shots look like a game we would want to play whereas the trailer did not. Thank you Mattlab for braving the forums and getting us some information. We are truly loyal fans that want to be playing this game 10 years down the road like the previous entries.

tycoon
03-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Uhhh, i still think that it look to cartoonish to let it look like a real footage from the real rollercoaster in six flags. I am a from the netherlands so i didnt know this. But i still think that the footage between wasnt the actual game. Maybe they remaked the Goliath?

EDIT: Well i think i changed my mind. If you watch this HD footage from the Goliath:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCMeq6EzmlU and the one from the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzgAhPffWsM you see almost no difference. Im dissapointed although a voice in my mind says ecerytime that the footage in the trailer isnt real. I just dont know lol.

it looks cartoonish because the real video footage has some sort of a filter in the trailer.

they definitely didn't remake goliath, as you have noted in your edit... things like the parking lot, catwalk / stairs next to the coaster, and actual station give away it's a real coaster, and when compared to actual video footage - the fact that landscaping, vista / skyline, buildings, etc. are exactly the same - they wouldn't invest in custom re-creating an actual coaster like that, down to every last tree.

ExtraCheese
03-07-2015, 10:10 AM

Yay EDIT 2: I am sure the footage is fake. Im sorry guys i was unknown. I made a print screen to let you show:

http://s2.postimg.org/k9ldgc8gp/RCTW.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/me5qhfa39/full/)

Excellent comparison, thanks! We are being faked >_<!

0BobTheJanitor
03-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Everyone makes mistakes; no big deal.

Tyrola
03-07-2015, 12:17 PM
It was clear that the scenes from the beginning and the end of the trailer were pre-rendered scenes and not recorded in-game footage. This was also already in the teaser the case. Other publishers does the same thing. Best example is Watch Dogs, E3 trailer had really good graphics and after the release it was completely different and frustrating for everyone. So they used rendered scenes for the E3 trailer. I don't think this is the problem here.

Btw: I'm pretty sure it was the intention from Atari to use the Goliath Coaster as template for this trailer. No big surprise that somebody found it out now and "leaked" it.

I only hope the in-game footage was really old footage from Pipeworks and now it look's a lot of better. Maybe there are some interesting things in the next blog post. But we should stop with presumptions and rumors and just wait for more informations.

Regards,
Alex

Spencinator
03-07-2015, 09:23 PM
we won't release something that is not ready.

Well, at least that is better than what ubisoft does.

Nagta
03-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Well, at least that is better than what ubisoft does.

You rang?

Thompso
03-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Well it's confirmed the game will release "Mid" 2015, Which means they will obviously work on it and the graphics will be better than the trailor.

Nagta
03-08-2015, 02:01 AM
Well it's confirmed the game will release "Mid" 2015, Which means they will obviously work on it and the graphics will be better than the trailor.
MattLab stated that it will be later than Mid 2015. I'd appreciate them to take time on their beloved franchise, but I'm starting to wonder what the hell they were doing for the previous years.

VACkillers
03-08-2015, 02:10 AM

WOW.... I dunno if I should be impressed or pee'd off about that... great find!!! lol

Nagta
03-08-2015, 02:57 AM
WOW.... I dunno if I should be impressed or pee'd off about that... great find!!! lol

After looking at that, I compared the first RCTW trailer with the Goliath footage.

Some of you may already know this, but this was what made me hype up. Including the fact that they used ingame footage when the coaster reached it's end of the slope. Maybe again it could also be a rendered picture instead of ingame. A little disappointed :|

tycoon
03-08-2015, 03:02 AM

welcome to the party... we've been talking about that for quite some time...

there have been a few in the 'no it's a re-creation', 'no, it's definitely cgi' camp... but no, it clearly never has been... it's just as much POV in august 2014 as it is in the latest release this week.

tycoon
03-08-2015, 03:10 AM
After looking at that, I compared the first RCTW trailer with the Goliath footage.

Some of you may already know this, but this was what made me hype up. Including the fact that they used ingame footage when the coaster reached it's end of the slope. Maybe again it could also be a rendered picture instead of ingame. A little disappointed :|

NO, it is not 'maybe again it could be also a rendered picture instead of ingame' - does this look familiar (the same image that i repsonded to tattaniqa above, which sent him on his fact finding mission to respond with POV comparisons:

it is goliath at six flags magic mountain in california.

they interspersed real footage, granted with filters, to make the in game footage presented (a screen shot in the first trailer, and the crap ingame footage in the most recent 'teaser trailer') seem more passable.

that footage simply cannot be disputed at this point. it's a real GD coaster lol :)

Nagta
03-08-2015, 03:14 AM
NO, it is not 'maybe again it could be also a rendered picture instead of ingame' - does this look familiar (the same image that i repsonded to tattaniqa above, which sent him on his fact finding mission to respond with POV comparisons:

it is goliath at six flags magic mountain in california.

they interspersed real footage, granted with filters, to make the in game footage presented (a screen shot in the first trailer, and the crap ingame footage in the most recent 'teaser trailer') seem more passable.

that footage simply cannot be disputed at this point. it's a real GD coaster lol :)
Read again. Rendered means the picture was filtered through a 3rd party program. I'm saying Atari edited a real footage to look like ingame.

Why do you think I compared a real footage with an ingame one looking identical?

tycoon
03-08-2015, 03:28 AM
Read again. Rendered means the picture was filtered through a 3rd party program. I'm saying Atari edited a real footage to look like ingame.

Why do you think I compared a real footage with an ingame one looking identical?

honestly i think there may be a language barrier or difference in how we're interpreting technical terms. i believe, however, that we obviously agree that it is 'real footage with an ingame one looking identical' as you said. that is all i was re-affirming (and as i stated and discussed earlier with others).

many others have not agreed with that, the truth of which is obvious. so i agree with you. enough said :)

Nagta
03-08-2015, 03:30 AM
NO,
Maybe we have a language barrier, but 'No' isn't such a technical term that language barrier would matter.

yes, I agree with you, Atari isn't doing great with their teasers/pictures. But thanks for the clarification.

tycoon
03-08-2015, 03:38 AM
Maybe we have a language barrier, but No sounds like a disagreement

i am saying that without a doubt it is real POV footage from goliath, at six flags magic mountain.

as i have said previously, and as evidenced by photos in this thread, including those by tataniqqa, who i conversed with earlier, they have employed filters to manipulate the images.

you said: "Rendered means the picture was filtered through a 3rd party program. I'm saying Atari edited a real footage to look like ingame."...

which by all means, i have agreed with and maintained in this thread in others...

any mode of disagreement which may have been noted was in my first response to you, when you said 'rendered', which i inferred to mean '3d rendered' - as in re-created. many have maintained and may still that that footage was 'rendered', IN GAME, to be a re-creation of the existing coaster (if they even concede that fact). all that i am saying is it sure as heck is NOT an in game or 3d rendered version of that existing coaster, goliath at six flags magic mountain.

i believe where this went 'off the tracks' is you say 'rendered', while i say 'real footage with filters'... i don't consider putting a few filters on real footage 'rendered', although you may (and that's fine!). i really don't want to argue with you, and i think we agree... i just came to that conclusion months ago, while many others have argued otherwise, and i think you just recently (maybe tonight) realized this. if that's the case, i get it... but perhaps that's why i responded as i did, despite a possible language barrier / difference in technical terms stated. that is it. i am done. that's what i've got. i still think we agree.

tycoon
03-08-2015, 03:42 AM
Some of you may already know this

yes, i did, as stated in my posts. again. i believe we agree! :)

Nagta
03-08-2015, 03:43 AM
i am saying that without a doubt it is real POV footage from goliath, at six flags magic mountain.

as i have said previously, and as evidenced by photos in this thread, including those by tataniqqa, who i conversed with earlier, they have employed filters to manipulate the images.

you said: "Rendered means the picture was filtered through a 3rd party program. I'm saying Atari edited a real footage to look like ingame."...

which by all means, i have agreed with and maintained in this thread in others...

any mode of disagreement which may have been noted was in my first response to you, when you said 'rendered', which i inferred to mean '3d rendered' - as in re-created. many have maintained and may still that that footage was 'rendered', IN GAME, to be a re-creation of the existing coaster (if they even concede that fact). all that i am saying is it sure as heck is NOT an in game or 3d rendered version of that existing coaster, goliath at six flags magic mountain.

i believe where this went 'off the tracks' is you say 'rendered', while i say 'real footage with filters'... i don't consider putting a few filters on real footage 'rendered', although you may (and that's fine!). i really don't want to argue with you, and i think we agree... i just came to that conclusion months ago, while many others have argued otherwise, and i think you just recently (maybe tonight) realized this. if that's the case, i get it... but perhaps that's why i responded as i did, despite a possible language barrier / difference in technical terms stated. that is it. i am done. that's what i've got. i still think we agree.

Thanks for the clarifcation. We're just debating something we agree on. My bad lol

Rick2889
03-08-2015, 03:47 AM
I wasn't expecting next generation graphics with this game, but it doesn't even look last generation, it looks like it belongs on Playstation 2. Why no lighting, shadows? Why would you show this in a trailer? I have been looking forward to a new RCT for many years, I am very disappointed.

Sawyer
03-08-2015, 06:41 AM
I think we all need to calm down. I was upset when I first saw the trailer but after reading this I have faith restored. It's early. Did anyone play the Battlefield Alpha? I thought it was terrible but the recent beta was fantastic (apparently).

There is a fine line between constructive criticism and being nasty. Many people on here are just being nasty. I think we are in our right to be upset if we choose to be but we should also act like adults. Honestly, if you don't like the (final) game, then just don't buy it. All this negativity won't help the dev team. Yes, let them know what we think but do it in a constructive way. Like for example, myself I don't like how the coasters don't flow around the track using gravity, it all seems far to quick, I also noticed the 'peeps' walked around quickly and not realisticly. Now this might be part of the build of the game, or it might be early in the build. I don't know yet. Also, people are saying about Pipeworks and how it looked better before Area 52 took over, but honestly, to you think Area 52 took a shop and decided to go, no... let's change it, then take the visuals backwards. No, there is no way they would do that, it is crazy.

So let's wait for the next blog. Hear what they have to say and hopefully start being exited again. Game developers don't have to give blogs and post on forums, they do this because they want us to have input. Most would not care.

Faith, confidence and hope.

ExtraCheese
03-08-2015, 06:47 AM
I think we all need to calm down. I was upset when I first saw the trailer but after reading this I have faith restored. It's early. Did anyone play the Battlefield Alpha? I thought it was terrible but the recent beta was fantastic (apparently).

There is a fine line between constructive criticism and being nasty. Many people on here are just being nasty. I think we are in our right to be upset if we choose to be but we should also act like adults. Honestly, if you don't like the (final) game, then just don't buy it. All this negativity won't help the dev team. Yes, let them know what we think but do it in a constructive way. Like for example, myself I don't like how the coasters don't flow around the track using gravity, it all seems far to quick, I also noticed the 'peeps' walked around quickly and not realisticly. Now this might be part of the build of the game, or it might be early in the build. I don't know yet. Also, people are saying about Pipeworks and how it looked better before Area 52 took over, but honestly, to you think Area 52 took a shop and decided to go, no... let's change it, then take the visuals backwards. No, there is no way they would do that, it is crazy.

So let's wait for the next blog. Hear what they have to say and hopefully start being exited again. Game developers don't have to give blogs and post on forums, they do this because they want us to have input. Most would not care.

I agree with you partially. Yes constructive feedback is better than "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!", but you have to understand we did not create any buzz around the game. It was Atari who created this forums, promised us stuff, introduced us community managers (who were probably fired that same day, as we haven't seen them around since they were introduced). We also haven't heard anything from Area52. Their social media is dead and their website also isn't very lively. This all adds up to our concerns whether we have a proper RCT successor or not. We all want a good game here which we can play for a long time.

Nagta
03-08-2015, 03:03 PM

I have hope, but no faith nor confidence.

You make some fair points, but remember, like ExtraCheese said, some of us are ought to be "nasty" and "mad". Without the fans, this franchise wouldn't have had any reputation to begin with. The trailer was basically a massive f*** you to the dedicated Atari fans, that trailer was just straight forward disrespectful and embarrassing.

I'll surely wait for the next blog. However I expect Atari to give some insightful info on the faulty of the trailer and mis-hype more than any new features.

Hanazakari86
03-09-2015, 01:24 AM
"early next week"
did he meant today?
or the week after
I really hope its today ,I want to feel relieved regarding the graphics!!

tycoon
03-09-2015, 02:41 AM
"early next week"
did he meant today?
or the week after
I really hope its today ,I want to feel relieved regarding the graphics!!

i think 'early next week' means early next 'work week'... so say monday, tuesday... if it's not out on one of those two days i'll consider it another 'failed promise', same as how 'early 2015' went to 'mid 2015', in which case i will expect it on wednesday :)

ExtraCheese
03-09-2015, 03:48 AM
i think 'early next week' means early next 'work week'... so say monday, tuesday... if it's not out on one of those two days i'll consider it another 'failed promise', same as how 'early 2015' went to 'mid 2015', in which case i will expect it on wednesday :)

Early next week would mean Monday or Tuesday in my book. Midweek is Wednesday, end of the week is Thursday or Friday.
If Mattlab doesn't post the blog on Monday or Tuesday it wouldn't be the end of the world, but indeed another promise Atari / Area52 couldn't keep. I just really hope he can answer all our questions about the state of the game and why the graphics in the trailer looked so horrible. I also hope he speaks to us like adults, and not some childish crowd who needs to be marketed. In all his other blogs he used too much 'marketing language'.

down86
03-09-2015, 04:29 AM
Early next week would mean Monday or Tuesday in my book. Midweek is Wednesday, end of the week is Thursday or Friday.
If Mattlab doesn't post the blog on Monday or Tuesday it wouldn't be the end of the world, but indeed another promise Atari / Area52 couldn't keep. I just really hope he can answer all our questions about the state of the game and why the graphics in the trailer looked so horrible. I also hope he speaks to us like adults, and not some childish crowd who needs to be marketed. In all his other blogs he used too much 'marketing language'.

The language we did here more then 1000 times.
"Im so excited to show you this but I can't till next week! And it's so enormous and crazy you won't believe what I saw! We will pronounce it soon! So stay tuned our truthful fans that are looking forward to this game as i am. "

It's like watching a presentation of Microsoft or Playstation.

crionics
03-09-2015, 05:00 AM
I will add that the teaser is indeed from an early build and the reason for it will be explained in our post.

You guys are amazingly funny! I can't stop laughing. Please continue with your hilarious posts about how you think, a game should be developed and presented to the public. There's no need to release a real game, because Frontier will do, but please please - don't stop posting your "development blogs" and try to hype us with nothing. That - in contrast to RCTW - is really awesome! :)

Lapuente
03-09-2015, 05:06 AM
the trailer made me loose all hope for this projectn

what a damn shame

towerslover
03-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Theres only 2 real options for the next dev log.

1) Were putting it back to 2016 and starting a fresh.

0r

2) Here is a new video, sorry the other was shocking because of "XYZ"

Kombiice
03-09-2015, 02:45 PM
the have put it later .... to may. mattlab said

coaster6
03-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Any info if we're getting it soon?

TataNiqqa
03-09-2015, 04:38 PM
I think guys, that we all need to calm our tits. Matt wouldn't post a dev vlog earlier because of all this. I think the best thing to do is just wait :).

k1ng r4t
03-09-2015, 04:39 PM
Nothing more than last Friday(?) with Mattlab saying the blog will be up early next week. I'm hopeful that'll be tomorrow, but I'd be thoroughly disappointed if it wasn't here by Wednesday.

Underdog104
03-09-2015, 04:49 PM
I think guys, that we all need to calm our tits. Matt wouldn't post a dev vlog earlier because of all this. I think the best thing to do is just wait :).

If he didn't post a blog because we were being meanies, maybe he should find a new job then!

Jamppa158
03-09-2015, 04:52 PM
Well ofc no devblog today. Past few days have only been fails and delays in a nutshell. Somehow starting to feel that keeping their community interested in the game is not their top-priority atm. I would have posted the devblog or explanation asap but guess atari has it's own plans. Just hope this is part of some bigger picture.

chester016
03-09-2015, 04:54 PM
Typically Matt hasnt posted the blogs until late evening. Lets just wait and see

k1ng r4t
03-09-2015, 05:38 PM
Well ofc no devblog today. Past few days have only been fails and delays in a nutshell. Somehow starting to feel that keeping their community interested in the game is not their top-priority atm. I would have posted the devblog or explanation asap but guess atari has it's own plans. Just hope this is part of some bigger picture.

Truthfully I'd much rather have the game be a top priority than appeasing the rioting peasants. Machiavelli said the best way to rule is to be feared and not loved...Though to be fair the other half of the book was literally about controlling peasant revolts...

Nagta
03-09-2015, 07:13 PM
Truthfully I'd much rather have the game be a top priority than appeasing the rioting peasants. Machiavelli said the best way to rule is to be feared and not loved...Though to be fair the other half of the book was literally about controlling peasant revolts...

The 'rioting peasants' (you have a habit of generalizing - fix it) aren't angry for the late polished game results, but the horrible trailer they've made to 'impress' the fans.

Rioting peasant wouldn't have been a thing if they respected the franchise and made a 'tripple A' title game like MattLab has stated. MattLab said it's an old footage - what's even the reason behind this? "Progress" requires change of quality, and that change is going downhill at the moment.

Don't make false statements to build false hype - thats one thing what I want Atari to get across

k1ng r4t
03-09-2015, 07:55 PM
The 'rioting peasants' (you have a habit of generalizing - fix it) aren't angry for the late polished game results, but the horrible trailer they've made to 'impress' the fans.

Rioting peasant wouldn't have been a thing if they respected the franchise and made a 'tripple A' title game like MattLab has stated. MattLab said it's an old footage - what's even the reason behind this? "Progress" requires change of quality, and that change is going downhill at the moment.

Don't make false statements to build false hype - thats one thing what I want Atari to get across

:confused:Dude it was a joke, chill. I didn't say anything about or challenge why anyone should or shouldn't be angry. There was no need to call me out.

Rioting peasants = upset community = Machiavelli analogy, which fit perfectly. It's pretty clear the majority, 98%, of the forum is upset right now, so yes, I generalized. Honestly I didn't even really generalize, I was just using that as a metaphor. You are just scrutinizing my words because of the other thread. Sorry if you take things so personally.

I mean, do you not want the game to be the top priority? Yeah feedback would be nice, but if I had to choose...

chester016
03-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Another empty promise. Early next week by my definition is Monday. No blog post. Go figure. Im about ready to say ***k this and bank all my hopes on Coaster Park Tycoon

Seven
03-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Another empty promise. Early next week by my definition is Monday. No blog post. Go figure. Im about ready to say ***k this and bank all my hopes on Coaster Park Tycoon

IMO, Tuesday is also "early" in the week. I understand you 100% and I know that our patience has ran out (more than once), but I'll throw up my hands if nothing happens tomorrow.

coaster6
03-09-2015, 09:29 PM
IMO, Tuesday is also "early" in the week. I understand you 100% and I know that our patience has ran out (more than once), but I'll throw up my hands if nothing happens tomorrow. ik I'm being a debby downer but I can't take waiting anymore. Just one blog? He can't do that? One? Parkitect does one every week. One blog post please..

Seven
03-09-2015, 09:32 PM
At least, we have alternatives, and you already mentioned them!

bctrainers
03-09-2015, 09:33 PM
ik I'm being a debby downer but I can't take waiting anymore. Just one blog? He can't do that? One? Parkitect does one every week. One blog post please..
He has to get approval from Public Relations at Atari and co first. He simply cannot just push a simple blog post to the internet without approval from the higher ups. Otherwise, bad things happen if said process is skipped.

I'd like to see the next blog myself soon... however all of that stuff has to be screened, validated, spelling and grammar checked before we get to read such content. :)

mehi321
03-09-2015, 09:33 PM
ik I'm being a debby downer but I can't take waiting anymore. Just one blog? He can't do that? One? Parkitect does one every week. One blog post please..

Ive read all of Parkitect's blogs. They are consistent, detailed, and interesting. Plus, they do weekly twitch/live art creation sessions! Impressive, considering their team consists solely of 2 guys using Unity!

And I have high hopes for Coaster Park Tycoon since Frontier can fix their mistakes from RCT3...

coaster6
03-09-2015, 09:42 PM
He has to get approval from Public Relations at Atari and co first. He simply cannot just push a simple blog post to the internet without approval from the higher ups. Otherwise, bad things happen if said process is skipped.

I'd like to see the next blog myself soon... however all of that stuff has to be screened, validated, spelling and grammar checked before we get to read such content. :) I understand, and I'm coming off as a bad person tn bc I'm so t'd off. I just love this game, and the fact that we keep getting told well get blog posts and we don't is painful. BRW, I'd like to personally thank you. Dre left. RCTM left. I don't think Mattlab is only being controlled by one person anymore. But you, you've been with us the whole ride and given us more information than any one else. My sincere gratitude.

iChase
03-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Ive read all of Parkitect's blogs. They are consistent, detailed, and interesting. Plus, they do weekly twitch/live art creation sessions! Impressive, considering their team consists solely of 2 guys using Unity!

And I have high hopes for Coaster Park Tycoon since Frontier can fix their mistakes from RCT3...

I'm super excited for Parkitecht! It's the kind of project that's driven by passion and regard for their community.

I truly believe Atari was the reason for RCT3 being a rushed mess. Frontier seems to be an amazing studio and I think, given the time, they could turn out something truly incredible. RCT3 was so close, but it had all the hallmarks of a game made for a deadline. I'm excited to see Frontier's take on a coaster builder without having Atari to muddy the waters.

Paul_Boland
03-09-2015, 10:24 PM
I laugh every time I see people raving about Frontier's Coaster Park Tycoon game. Why? Because all we have of that game is a text announcement that they are working on it, nothing more. I know Frontier made RCT 3 but they also made Thrillville which is not a great game. We have a lot more info on RCTW than we do on CPT and while I agree that the trailer wasn't great, the game screenshots look a hell of a lot better and I think RCTW is really going to shine. I'm keeping an eye on CPT too, but until I see something of that game from Frontier, I'm not going to hold it above RCTW.

mrbigshot110
03-09-2015, 10:49 PM
I laugh every time I see people raving about Frontier's Coaster Park Tycoon game. Why? Because all we have of that game is a text announcement that they are working on it, nothing more. I know Frontier made RCT 3 but they also made Thrillville which is not a great game. We have a lot more info on RCTW than we do on CPT and while I agree that the trailer wasn't great, the game screenshots look a hell of a lot better and I think RCTW is really going to shine. I'm keeping an eye on CPT too, but until I see something of that game from Frontier, I'm not going to hold it above RCTW.

Good point.

RandyChimp
03-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Reading through this thread, I'm amazed at how easy it's been to convince some of you that it's all okay. We've seen evidence (the trailer) that it's a shoddy product. We have the word of one guy that it's from an early build, we still don't know why that is and it's his job to tell people this stuff to ensure we stick around and preorder. Until I see some new footage that actually looks good, I'm not interested, and nothing Mattlab says can change my mind, since it's all just empty promises until we see some results.

"Excuse me, I'm told you have some food for my family, but I just saw it on the table and it's all mouldy."

"No, that's old food, yours is in the kitchen still, but you can't see it yet, just know that it exists because I said so. And I can't tell you why I put mouldy food out for you and your family instead of the good food."

"Oh, well I'm convinced."

0BobTheJanitor
03-09-2015, 10:58 PM
I wonder if Mattlab feels guilty about these past events?

Jordumus
03-10-2015, 04:46 AM
I've been a forum lurker for quite a while without posting, but with the trailer and the promise for a good explanation and stuff, I am waiting for blog 5 as well...

So I went to Mattlab's profile, just to discover that yesterday, he didn't even come on the forums:

General Information

Last Activity 03-08-2015 04:32 PM

That saddens me. It really does. Even if he doesn't post, one would expect that he at least reads what the community is talking about...

AUS_Twisted
03-10-2015, 05:17 AM

You obviously haven't seen Frontier's current tech graphics and physics engine, Thrillville was made more towards younger gamers and actually has some features that would of been really good in RCT3.

k1ng r4t
03-10-2015, 03:22 PM
Well they updated their FB page today with a discount offer for RCTM, so maybe they're trying to draw in new interests right before they release it.

Wabigbear
03-10-2015, 03:38 PM

I'd like to see the next blog myself soon... however all of that stuff has to be screened, validated, spelling and grammar checked before we get to read such content. :)

I think bc's post bears repeating. While I'd like an explanation and information on where we go from here as much as anyone, we also have to remember how corporations work. They often have their own timetables and certainly their own restrictions on who can say what, and everything has to be approved up the food chain before anything can be passed on.