PDA

View Full Version : The part that really frustrated me isn't the graphics.

Seandroid
03-06-2015, 01:52 AM
What I found most frustrating about that gameplay video isn't how low poly the textures are, or how bad the scenery objects look. What's frustrating to me is that it just doesn't look like they put any effort whatsoever into making that park.

It looks like they just threw every shop down at random with zero rhyme or reason to it. There's no scale to the park, there's no sense of style or attention to detail with scenery...

The roller coaster's layout is totally nonsensical and ridiculous... I'm honestly not even sure that the coaster creation system has anything to do with this as much as just how lazily the game play trailer was put together. There aren't even banked corners on the track?

I just don't understand. Even if the models ARE that low poly, even if the textures are that bad, even if the scenery objects ARE that poorly designed, you could ABSOLUTELY make the park look a billion times better than it does in this video.

As it stands, even with hypothetically vastly improved graphics, the park would still look terrible...

It's just. Why didn't they even try?

You can make Sim City look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/CT0hHbh.jpg

But you can also make it look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/j7wd3Zd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/r1mQ46L.jpg

It's about presentation...

AUS_Twisted
03-06-2015, 02:06 AM
It really is that bad isn't it, I have test parks in RCT3 where my layout and coaster design is far far better then the rubbish they showed.

Indiglow
03-06-2015, 02:11 AM
I agree 100%. It was like they threw a random park down real quick and decided to use that as a trailer.....I mean, what the hell!?!??!

It shows you that they don't have the want or need to even design a decent park to show off.

Either that or the marketing guy who made this was his first time ever playing a RCT game and he just thought his park was awesome.

It's sad. It shows ZERO respect to the fan base in my opinion.

LilyValley
03-06-2015, 02:45 AM
It bothers me too, but they may just be showing off the objects they have in the game so far. If they are able to add more objects and attractions, you can have themed parks, but with the small bunch of things in there just clashes with it all. Just because someone can design an object for the game, they might not even think of clever plans others can have for layout. Someone might have been in a rush and thought what they made was good enough, after all beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Seandroid
03-06-2015, 06:31 PM
It bothers me too, but they may just be showing off the objects they have in the game so far. If they are able to add more objects and attractions, you can have themed parks, but with the small bunch of things in there just clashes with it all. Just because someone can design an object for the game, they might not even think of clever plans others can have for layout. Someone might have been in a rush and thought what they made was good enough, after all beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Showing off the objects isn't nearly as important as making the game look desirable right now. I don't want to see their half finished models. I want to see why I should buy this game. That's the entire point of the trailer.

Joe Android
03-06-2015, 08:13 PM
We are in 2015, the graphics need to be more better that the trailer show. We want realism.

Sesac
03-07-2015, 07:45 AM
agree with you

redyar
03-07-2015, 03:39 PM
SimCity has good graphics, but only very small maps. Think about it!

darkhorizon
03-07-2015, 03:50 PM
SimCity has good graphics, but only very small maps. Think about it!

I get what you're trying to say, but the small maps aren't due to the graphics...it's because of Maxis' crappy GlassBox engine. That's the reason the maps had to be so small...their simulation engine couldn't handle anything bigger.

Marvin
03-07-2015, 05:01 PM
Completely agree. There was no effort put into it; it looked like they made that park in about 20 minutes.

The grid really bothers me too. It's 2015, there's really no reason to still have the grid. A game similar to this, Cities: Skylines, has no grid and most likely had a smaller team working on the game. Literally no excuse.

RCTW1
03-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Completely agree. There was no effort put into it; it looked like they made that park in about 20 minutes.

The grid really bothers me too. It's 2015, there's really no reason to still have the grid. A game similar to this, Cities: Skylines, has no grid and most likely had a smaller team working on the game. Literally no excuse.

I agree 100%