PDA

View Full Version : positive note for mattlab and developers

zanemathias
03-05-2015, 11:40 PM
First of all I would like to say thank you for finally showing us a trailer for RCTW. I know you guys do work hard and game development is not easy. I will say I am still excited for rctw and the trailer was decent but I wish it was all game and not a mix of realistic and real game, it was throwing me off, but after a few views what I took away was lots of improvements over rct3 little smoother and better lighting an graphic upgrade not alot but still good (minus shadows where missing). As much as I would love a realistic rct I respect that Atari and developers want to keep there own unique style of there game. I do hope that the final game is better with smoothness like the screenshots that we received. I know you can not update us on every break though you make on the game but there is so much hate going on, on these threads that if a few concerns were address it would calm down. Again I thank you for what you were able to give us at this time. I know I have gotten pissy on here due to the lack of communication but I am somewhat Satisfied with what we have received today. But I would not complain if you gave us more!! :) While I don't think this is final, but rather older footage I can't say that its a deal breaker. As long as the main fundamentals of RCT still exists in this game and the coaster designer is fully upgraded I will be satisfied. Keep up the good work guy.

ParadeOfHorror
03-05-2015, 11:43 PM
The more positive you put into your life the more you get back :)

ddrplaya4638
03-05-2015, 11:43 PM
You are one in a million here my friend.

wesleypacman
03-05-2015, 11:50 PM
unless the gameplay teaser was alpha footage or some sick joke we have no reason to be nice. seriously, if this turns out to be final gameplay then the RCT series is destroyed. I'm not looking for realism here but the graphics have to look at least decent. the roller coaster track doesn't even look good.

Indiglow
03-05-2015, 11:50 PM
After watching that, I feel so bad for the developers. However, you do reap what you sow. When you keep acting this game is way beyond RCT3 and you post very few screenshots but make the screenshots look like they've been photoshopped after watching the trailer and your fan base gets upset - you gotta blame your marketing team (or lack thereof?)

If you communicated better to your fans and posted serious screen shots and videos or animated gifs or SOMETHING so we could give feedback to, it wouldn't be like this.

This entire backlash from this trailer comes from the lack of marketing. The poor developers are not to blame. I feel bad for them.

zanemathias
03-05-2015, 11:51 PM
i know but i see it as i am not developing this game and creative licence should not be looked down on. as long as the fundamentals of rct are implemented into this game and customized scenery is added as an option I don't see the issue. I am excited about the online play and upgraded coaster creator, from the trailer I see upgraded stations. while lines were missing I feel they will be added.

zanemathias
03-05-2015, 11:54 PM
from my experience with gaming and due to most of the stuff from the screenshots where missing from the trailer I truly believe this is alpha.

zanemathias
03-05-2015, 11:58 PM
I feel bad for them too and I see how better communication could have avoided this. all they had to say is this is a trailer from early development more to come. but I also don't think its as bad as some described. although there is a difference between screenshots and trailer.

Indiglow
03-06-2015, 12:02 AM
I feel bad for them too and I see how better communication could have avoided this. all they had to say is this is a trailer from early development more to come. but I also don't think its as bad as some described. although there is a difference between screenshots and trailer.

But it really is as bad as everyone is saying for multiple reasons.

1) Graphics looked terrible
2) They decided to use video of a park they made as a trailer.....but it looks like a park they slapped together in 5 minutes with zero creativity
3) The pathing looks atrocious.
4) The physics don't even make sense (monorail stops on a dime after going super fast)
5) The premade buildings look terrible
6) The queue lines look like they didn't even try
7) Some of the tiling/pathing is an EXACT copy of RCT3 (it looks like they literally just copied the files over)

I mean I could go on and on....because it really is that bad. This can't be alpha because it's set to release mid 2015 now on Steam.

zanemathias
03-06-2015, 12:10 AM
I respect your opinion i disagree to a degree but we may be looking/interested indifferent aspects of the game.. I did notice and tell me if you did too that it did felt like the pov was sped up and not normal speed.

Indiglow
03-06-2015, 12:17 AM
I respect your opinion i disagree to a degree but we may be looking/interested indifferent aspects of the game.. I did notice and tell me if you did too that it did felt like the pov was sped up and not normal speed.

That could just be the game speed it's set at to feel more "action like". Trailers do that a lot.

k1ng r4t
03-06-2015, 12:52 AM
i know but i see it as i am not developing this game and creative licence should not be looked down on. as long as the fundamentals of rct are implemented into this game and customized scenery is added as an option I don't see the issue. I am excited about the online play and upgraded coaster creator, from the trailer I see upgraded stations. while lines were missing I feel they will be added.

Well said and I'm with you 300%

MR.sugar
03-06-2015, 01:21 AM
from my experience with gaming and due to most of the stuff from the screenshots where missing from the trailer I truly believe this is alpha.

Then, if you are so experienced with gaming, you should know that if it's an alpha and they plan to release in MID 2015, then the final game won't be much better...

ExtraCheese
03-06-2015, 04:36 AM
Custom scenery can not fix this. Look at the RCT3 - RCTW comparisons, the base graphics of RCT3 are actually a lot better, especially in terms of lighting. Custom scenery can not fix lighting, it's a game engine thing.
Lighting is very important, as it will determine how shadows look on ingame assets. The simple shadows displayed in the trailer is unacceptable for 2015 PC games being sold for €55.

Nagta
03-06-2015, 04:47 AM
To all the people saying "Graphics don't matter, it's the core gameplay."

Look - I know, as a fan myself, gameplay is what's important especially for the RCT franchise. This was however a "gameplay trailer". We're complaining about graphics, but we can't complain about gameplay. Do you know why? There was ABSOLUTELY No new gameplay shown in the trailer (not saying there is no new gameplay E.g. multiplayer, but the lack of gameplay in a 'gameplay trailer' is quite shocking').

If the graphics weren't the important part of the game, what's the difference with RCT3 and RCTW? Forget the graphics. The only new feature that will change gameplay from rct3 is the Coaster design/building and multiplayer, afaik (With the information we're given).

Seriously, if you guys want to purchase this game, sure. Heck, I might even buy it too, but instead of shielding Atari and Area52, I think they should learn a big lesson to listen to the dedicated fans which could revive the series. This just looks like RCT trying to make quick money. Disappointed. Really disappointed.

zanemathias
03-06-2015, 04:47 AM
actually we don't know how old this footage is and yes I am experienced with gaming . 1 teaser trailer (that not only is a very very very small part of this game but also sped up in game play) does not determine a games credibility. Ex:Many devolopers at e3 show the first trailers (which is usually alpha) for a game coming out by september/October and a month to two months later show a trailer that's 10 times better. The team could very well following and be showing off the alpha stage (to start since we have seen so little) and give us another trailer that completely blows us away. I have also shown my concerns here from this trailer. But based off of the steam page custom scenery creator will be coming as free download after launch
And a list of features that I'm personally happy to see. I know it's personal preference but I will take a game with decent graphics and good gameplay over a game that's all graphics any day. But with the limited info that we have for this game I chose to stay positive.

down86
03-06-2015, 04:50 AM
I can still be positive for this game too. But the thing is that RTC 3 is from 2005 that 10 years ago when we had a RTC game. When the graphics still look the same why would we still want to play that game? Graphics are off course no important. But you need to look how to present a game. If you look at many other games you can see the difference. When you look at sim city 4 en the sim city of 2 years ago. You van see the difference in presentation. You can see that there is more work into it. In graphics sounds gameplay and all of that. Now i dont wanna embrace sim city because of the DRM all ways online and the small landscape. But when you look at the game itself it is decent and it feels that you are in that time period. RTCW does not have that. At least not for now. And a teaser is mostly meant to show what your game, movie or music will be.

ExtraCheese
03-06-2015, 04:52 AM
I have seen alpha's from five years ago who looked 10 times better than this piece of feces they call a teaser trailer.

Nagta
03-06-2015, 04:55 AM
zanemathias,

100% Agreed. However, with 1~2 months till release, it's probably time for them to release a proper game trailer. And trailers should show the best parts of the game, and if they used an alpha footage with 1~2months left till release, they have a problem. Unless they're indie developers, there is no reason for them to use Alpha/Beta footage.

If they released bad-graphic teasers for emphasis later on, proper procedure would have been:
1.) Show mild/moderate pictures of RCTW
2.) Show great RCTW gameplay footage to get people excited

Instead, they went the opposite way, and it's hard for US to not be disappointed.

I know what you mean, and I completely agree. I'd like to stay positive. But even ignoring the graphics, idk if this game has enough gameplay and appeal to let me purchase. I'd prefer good gameplay and good graphics over mild gameplay and bad graphics. With the limited information we have, it's not going in a good direction. If they were to give some clarification, I'd at least feel relieved.

I have seen alpha's from five years ago who looked 10 times better than this piece of feces they call a teaser trailer.

Graphics [X] Gameplay [X] and effort put into it, [X]. Atleast build a park with proper landscape, design and rollercoaster rides. What was that... Idk what to say

crionics
03-06-2015, 06:02 AM
actually we don't know how old this footage is

Of course we know: it's the latest footage available. This is how it's done in the game industry. No Company would release a trailer with footage that is some weeks old.

sam_93
03-06-2015, 06:42 AM
I agree with you, and I was one of the people who initially tried to keep everyone positive and applaud the developers work. I was so excited for the game after looking at the screenshots - it looked amazing.

However, I'm not going to lie. To say there's anything particularity good about the trailer is just kidding yourself. RCT3, a game released in 2004 looks a million times better than this! The game play looked absolutely nothing like the screenshots - it's been heavily misrepresented. One of my favorite parts of the RCT series is the pre-made parks. They were so original and well built - the one in the trailer looks like it's been slapped together. The theming doesn't even make sense, it's just all chucked together.

Deuce
03-06-2015, 07:10 AM
It's all very well being nice and being polite about the game - but Atari need to be reasonable with their community too. Frankly, they need people to buy their games if they want to continue to exist! Whereas the community will continue to exist with or without this new effort from Atari. Especially when Frontier are off making their own game.

So with that in mind, I think it's appalling Atari use so much pre-rendered footage in the first trailer, and in this trailer. It's basically an attempt to deceive. It reminds me of the 90's when all 3D games were blocky and nasty but they had smoothly rendered cut-scenes. We accepted it then because we knew the technology didn't exist to make the game itself look good. But that's not the case now at all.

And even if the in game footage is from an early alpha of the engine, the fact remains that the coasters are jerky and unrealistic looking. That should never have been the case from the very first build of the game. It's 2015, smooth coaster tracks have been around in other games for years now. There is no way Atari could possibly have imagined anything else would be acceptable - unless they simply don't know what they're doing. Or simply don't care.

Either way the fact that the coasters are jerky looking shows that a fair amount of effort has not been made. Which in itself is pretty pissy if you want to charge for the game and choose to fob off your own community with pre-rendered content that in no way resembles the game.

Wabigbear
03-06-2015, 08:10 AM
What is most troubling is the fact that over half a year ago a playable alpha was shown to a large number of publications, and it got generally glowing reviews on how it looked and how the game play was. That was back when Pipeworks was designing. Most of the screenshots we saw and concept art released are from that very same time period.

Then for whatever reason Atari dumped Pipeworks and gave it to Studio 52. We've seen no screens since, only box art. Mattlab said the trailer was put together recently. That trailer looks NOTHING like the screens we saw before. So I can't believe that the game play will be the same either. The trailer was full of bloppers and incomplete stuff...basic things that should have been finished at this point.

I agree that CSO will replace bad graphics to a certain extent, but there's a whole lot on in-game content that we are still forced to use, and some of that was just plain bad. The water textures were appalling. Even the track and cars were horrible...anyone see a single banked curve anywhere?

That's stuff we can't 'fix' easily with custom content.

ExtraCheese
03-06-2015, 08:16 AM
Big question is: who wants to create custom content for a game this bad?! You need to have something to construct on, right?

Deuce
03-06-2015, 08:26 AM
What is most troubling is the fact that over half a year ago a playable alpha was shown to a large number of publications, and it got generally glowing reviews on how it looked and how the game play was. That was back when Pipeworks was designing. Most of the screenshots we saw and concept art released are from that very same time period.

Then for whatever reason Atari dumped Pipeworks and gave it to Studio 52. We've seen no screens since, only box art. Mattlab said the trailer was put together recently. That trailer looks NOTHING like the screens we saw before. So I can't believe that the game play will be the same either. The trailer was full of bloppers and incomplete stuff...basic things that should have been finished at this point.

I agree that CSO will replace bad graphics to a certain extent, but there's a whole lot on in-game content that we are still forced to use, and some of that was just plain bad. The water textures were appalling. Even the track and cars were horrible...anyone see a single banked curve anywhere?

That's stuff we can't 'fix' easily with custom content.

Press will always be kind to very early alpha demos as otherwise they won't get future early access. And you can forgive a game just about anything in it's early stages.

But releasing a gameplay trailer just a couple of months ahead of release is normally the time when what you see is what you get, the final months need to be spent play testing, bug fixing and expanding content. Not redesigning the game engine and improving core things like coaster building.

Deuce
03-06-2015, 08:27 AM
Big question is: who wants to create custom content for a game this bad?! You need to have something to construct on, right?

Historically only one coaster game at a time gets a really big CS creation community effort. It was RCT3 (and still is to be fair). But by the end of this year will it be RCTW? Maybe, but at best only for a short time as there are other games in the pipeline that are already showing signs of being way better than this.

zanemathias
03-06-2015, 11:40 AM
haha hahaha!!! Everyone is so pissed off that a person trying to be positive and it actually pissed them off more. lm*o!!!!! Regardless of what anyone says I hold the right to my opinion and for the over negative people (not all of you) disperse like the wind. I love talking about possiblity and until a full in game trailer is made and not a teaser I will stay the course.

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/templates/286316.jpg

HipsterJesus
03-06-2015, 11:48 AM
First of all I would like to say thank you for finally showing us a trailer for RCTW. I know you guys do work hard and game development is not easy. I will say I am still excited for rctw and the trailer was decent but I wish it was all game and not a mix of realistic and real game, it was throwing me off, but after a few views what I took away was lots of improvements over rct3 little smoother and better lighting an graphic upgrade not alot but still good (minus shadows where missing). As much as I would love a realistic rct I respect that Atari and developers want to keep there own unique style of there game. I do hope that the final game is better with smoothness like the screenshots that we received. I know you can not update us on every break though you make on the game but there is so much hate going on, on these threads that if a few concerns were address it would calm down. Again I thank you for what you were able to give us at this time. I know I have gotten pissy on here due to the lack of communication but I am somewhat Satisfied with what we have received today. But I would not complain if you gave us more!! :) While I don't think this is final, but rather older footage I can't say that its a deal breaker. As long as the main fundamentals of RCT still exists in this game and the coaster designer is fully upgraded I will be satisfied. Keep up the good work guy.

Holy ....

You're one of the reasons why producers destroy old franchises that were awesome, because you think "ohhhh it's sooo nice", while it looks like it's a game not even worthy RCT 3. The footage that was shown in the trailer was in NO WAY positive, it was horrible and most of us know that. Atari did it once again, they destroyed a franchise that had soooo much potential.

Jamppa158
03-06-2015, 11:59 AM
The OP is just a huge troll.

Deuce
03-06-2015, 12:06 PM
haha hahaha!!! Everyone is so pissed off that a person trying to be positive actually pissed them off more. lm*o!!!!! Regardless of what anyone says I hold the right to my opinion and for the over negative people (not all of you) disperse like the wind.

To be fair, everyone is only here because of love for RCT and excitement and optimism for the new game. So everyones in a pretty positive starting place.

But showing us that trailer, that's hard to be positive about lol. It's like looking at an axe murderer, standing in front of you, blood dripping down the axe handle... And saying 'well, lets give him another couple of months - I'm sure he can be a better person'.

No! No! No! I've had time to think this through and it's so tempting to be hopeful and put a positive spin on it but I just can't. Maybe the game looks so bad because it's from old footage from early development, but even with all the fancy shadows and lighting and better textures you can tell it only has the potential to look so good.

They have hyped this. They have shown us cut scenes of a CGI coaster, knowing it is exactly what we expected from a modern RCT game and then they reveal a trailer which clearly shows that they are in fact working on a ten year old game which at best, even with extra work, is just RCT3 with mildly better graphics.

Even the coaster design is laughable in the face of other programs from the last several years.

Think about it - how could the first look at gameplay possibly have been any worse? What could be worse than basically showing us a 10 year old game with deceitful CGI overlays?

I mean come on, if this doesn't disappoint you then what would Atari have to do to get your back up?

zanemathias
03-06-2015, 12:18 PM
I agree nagta, a simple explanation would calm the horde of orc's sent out from mordor To take over the gaming world.

Second nagta not directed at you. But I like be called the problem with gaming when I'm just staying positive in something we barely know. So instead of trolling my thread make your own and or go on the numerous other negetive nancy post. Now those who I have posted with before I'm happy to debate but don't attack me because you upset with the game.

zanemathias
03-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Deuce

First of all thank you for being more polite then most post on here. I'm not trying to say I'm not upset with atari. I have a love hate relationship with this company. Lol I stay positive because of the love I have for the franchise. Part of me think this trailer is really old because of the mockery they put into it. I chose to be live this I old and yes I have issues with the trailer but I feel this is not difinitive. Everyone saying area 52 messed up pipworks work but atari got rid of them for a reason. We don't know why. And if my concerns are not addressed I will be upset but until a full in depth game trailer is launched this trailer means little to me. When this is marked as difinitive game then and only then will I give up hope.

Deuce
03-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Deuce

First of all thank you for being more polite then most post on here. I'm not trying to say I'm not upset with atari. I have a love hate relationship with this company. Lol I stay positive because of the love I have for the franchise. Part of me think this trailer is really old because of the mockery they put into it. I chose to be live this I old and yes I have issues with the trailer but I feel this is not difinitive. Everyone saying area 52 messed up pipworks work but atari got rid of them for a reason. We don't know why. And if my concerns are not addressed I will be upset but until a full in depth game trailer is launched this trailer means little to me. When this is marked as difinitive game then and only then will I give up hope.

Fair points.

Actually it appears the trailer was the game as pipework left it.. Not confirmed just yet but the dates tie in.

I'm also sure the release game will be a lot better than shown.

I guess my two biggest issues that are revealed in this trailer are:

1) It shows from the word go that Atari considers it acceptable to build a game in the same way you would have built it ten years ago. Hence the grid system, low detail models and crappy coaster supports. I'm aware these things could change, in theory, but the problem is they were only there in the first place because Atari is living in cloud cuckoo land. Games in 2004 had blocks and right angles. Games in 2015 don't. It's as simple as that.

2) The fact they released it at all shows that they saw something in it that they thought the community would get excited about. Which clearly hasn't happened so it's very true to say they are out of step with what people want/expect.

They must had looked at games like TPS and thought 'hmmmm... I think we can get away without trying that hard...'

That's what upsets me.

Nagta
03-06-2015, 04:51 PM
I agree nagta, a simple explanation would calm the horde of orc's sent out from mordor To take over the gaming world.

Second nagta not directed at you. But I like be called the problem with gaming when I'm just staying positive in something we barely know. So instead of trolling my thread make your own and or go on the numerous other negetive nancy post. Now those who I have posted with before I'm happy to debate but don't attack me because you upset with the game.
Idk about the orcs, but trolling does not identify as criticism. Why do you think we're debating here? If we didn't like the series, we wouldn't give a little sh*t about it. But we liked the series. We expected a good trailer, and even if they can't calm the horde of orcs, it's their fault for letting that happen, and it's their responsibility to do something about it.

I've never personally attacked you in any way, but idk what you're trying to tell me when you say it's not directed at me.

I was here to have a meaningful discussion, childish sarcasm would just degrade yourself.

The Stig
03-06-2015, 05:03 PM
It's very simple, Mattlab.
All you have to do is tell us who is responsible.

justinm_
03-06-2015, 06:42 PM
i agree, if mattlab just made a small post saying "we'll discuss your feedback shortly" or just some sort of message to prove that they even care about anyone's opinion on this forum

zanemathias
03-06-2015, 07:16 PM
I'm not refering to you as a orc. It's a metaphor describing the real stuggle. they are in a way (through there silence) acting like we are the bad guys and they are the good guys. and I have enjoyed our discussions. But when someone breaks a conversation Into two paragraphs and says not directed at you It means other people on this thread that have pretty much come on to bash me directly for having a differect opinion as them. Maybe I should have broken it into two separate post to cut the Confusion.
lastly I agreed with you that they need to come out and address this situation, if anything to answer the concerns.

Deuce
03-06-2015, 07:27 PM
I'm not refering to you as a orc. It's a metaphor describing the real stuggle. they are in a way (through there silence) acting like we are the bad guys and they are the good guys. and I have enjoyed our discussions. But when someone breaks a conversation Into two paragraphs and says not directed at you It means other people on this thread that have pretty much come on to bash me directly for having a differect opinion as them. Maybe I should have broken it into two separate post to cut the Confusion.
lastly I agreed with you that they need to come out and address this situation, if anything to answer the concerns.

An Orc? This is the geekiest battle ever!

Come on guys. Today Atari proudly showed the world that they have ruined one of the most important 'pc only' series still left to ruin.

I say put aside the misunderstanding or wrap it up via pm. Either way, let's keep the angst directed at the guys that broke the future of RCT.

Nagta
03-06-2015, 07:32 PM
My bad. Well, I'm currently just waiting for the new dev blog, and I hope they will address this issue asap.

I guess we will have to see if this is the end of our beloved franchise or not :p

zanemathias
03-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Nagta :) me too! from articles I have read it seems it could be old footage, best case senerio lol I have a feeling in the development blog question will eaither be answered completely or they will walk around it. And if it's the second possiblity then we have our answer. Haha I really hope it's the we get answers blog!

Indiglow
03-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Refusing to have anyone from Atari commenting on such a horrible trailer and talk to the people only angers the crowd more.

I said it before and I will say it again - in my 25 years of gaming experience, I have never seen such a horrible marketing team and lack of communication ever this bad. And I said this BEFORE the trailer came out. It's even more true now.

Lack of communication from the company who claimed their marketing team communicating to their fans was of "paramount importance" is a flipping joke.

JaydenIrwin
03-06-2015, 08:18 PM
This perspective was brought to you by: CrazyPersonCorp. Inc.

LevelB
03-06-2015, 08:23 PM
Like the OP, I really want to believe. But after the last Sim City (where I actually had to get a refund, it was so bad), I will be checking things out online BEFORE I invest my time and money.

B.

k1ng r4t
03-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Don't sweat it zane, this forum is full of kids who throw fits when they don't get what they want. Having worked with kids...seriously, that's exactly what this forum reminds me of. Exactly. Mattlab confirmed what I knew all along, that people gave me **** for, and I fully support RCTW, Atari and Area 52 in the hopes they'll make the best game they can. If not, so be it. Welcome to the real world, kiddos.

You're blind if you weren't disappointed by this trailer. However you're ignorant if you think it's representative of the future of Rollercoaster Tycoon and decide to judge the future of a game, its developer and its publisher based off a brand new, minimally tested, still-in-development engine with almost nothing known about it. Just look at history for christs sake, this is nothing new, and the games still turn out awesome. This is not what kills games. Officially releasing a **** hole like Duke Nukem after showing what looked like promising footage is what will. This is basically the exact opposite of that, SimCity and Diablo III's release.

And no we're not trolls or dumb or whatever, I've followed this industry since I was a baby so many years ago. People think the industry is dying or being killed or whatever because of what they hear, not what they know. They blame DLC and pre-orders mostly. It's not...it's actually growing, and PC gaming is making a comeback which is great, and there are more great games out there than ever before. If anything it's the elitist, fan boy gamers (who in one thread say fanboys are killing the industry, then in another justify their hate because of their hardcore fandom) who mock others because they disagree with them. I laugh at the "criticism" these guys think they're offering, when really it's just blind hate based off fear. I agree, to an extent, with many of them, but they go about it the absolute worst way possible. So don't worry, you're not alone, there's nothing at all wrong with staying positive and don't let these whiners convince you otherwise.

I'm just glad to see another reasonable individual on here. Also I've put a lot of those negative Nancy's on my ignore list and this forum has become soooo much better.

Wabigbear
03-07-2015, 08:29 PM
"However you're ignorant if you think it's representative of the future of Rollercoaster Tycoon and decide to judge the future of a game, its developer and its publisher based off a brand new, minimally tested, still-in-development engine with almost nothing known about it. "

Where did you hear it was that? I hadn't come across that anywhere.

TheCoasterGOd3
03-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Don't sweat it zane, this forum is full of kids who throw fits when they don't get what they want. Having worked with kids...seriously, that's exactly what this forum reminds me of. Exactly. Mattlab confirmed what I knew all along, that people gave me **** for, and I fully support RCTW, Atari and Area 52 in the hopes they'll make the best game they can. If not, so be it. Welcome to the real world, kiddos.

You're blind if you weren't disappointed by this trailer. However you're ignorant if you think it's representative of the future of Rollercoaster Tycoon and decide to judge the future of a game, its developer and its publisher based off a brand new, minimally tested, still-in-development engine with almost nothing known about it. Just look at history for christs sake, this is nothing new, and the games still turn out awesome. This is not what kills games. Officially releasing a **** hole like Duke Nukem after showing what looked like promising footage is what will. This is basically the exact opposite of that, SimCity and Diablo III's release.

And no we're not trolls or dumb or whatever, I've followed this industry since I was a baby so many years ago. People think the industry is dying or being killed or whatever because of what they hear, not what they know. They blame DLC and pre-orders mostly. It's not...it's actually growing, and PC gaming is making a comeback which is great, and there are more great games out there than ever before. If anything it's the elitist, fan boy gamers (who in one thread say fanboys are killing the industry, then in another justify their hate because of their hardcore fandom) who mock others because they disagree with them. I laugh at the "criticism" these guys think they're offering, when really it's just blind hate based off fear. I agree, to an extent, with many of them, but they go about it the absolute worst way possible. So don't worry, you're not alone, there's nothing at all wrong with staying positive and don't let these whiners convince you otherwise.

I'm just glad to see another reasonable individual on here. Also I've put a lot of those negative Nancy's on my ignore list and this forum has become soooo much better.

This.

I fully support RCTW, Atari and Area 52 all the way for trying to make this the best game they possible can, And if they can't, very well then. We'll move on.

Obviously lots of people were disapointed with the trailer. That's ok. But going on to say that this is what the future of RCT holds, then that's being pathetic, we've seen this happen many times before with games and still they manage to become good. It's releasing a mess after releasing a trailer for a game that seemed promising at first. Exactly the opposite of SimCity or Diablo III.

And to those who think the gaming industry is dying, think again. It's in the best period it's ever been in a long time, if anything the fanboys are the ones who are screwing everything up. And when they justify their fanboyish-ness for because of their fanbase, that only makes it worse.

You aren't alone on this Zane, K1ng R4t. I'm hoping that whatever comes in our way, we'll take in stride. It's like this idioms you hear in school.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

I'm glad you guys are Positive Petes on this and honestly i'm glad I joined these forums, Theme Park Review ripped apart the teaser trailer like it was no one's business. RCT4M I can understand, but not this.

All the best, Jacob.

Nagta
03-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Game industry dying =/= game industries being corrupted. EA is one of the most hated gaming companies for their micro-transactions and game release issues. However, EA was the MOST successful gaming company of 2014, now, that may not seem surprising to people who keep in track with the gaming industries. But producing mass income does not mean the golden age of gaming is returning. Even if it is, do you really think Atari will be able to contest between the golden age games? The devoted fans will buy it, and that just seems like a low quality quick-money grab.

TheCoasterGod3, well said. I will wear the shoe if it fits, and obviously I am most likely to buy the game nonetheless. But being a devoted fan of the RCT series, they've had a 10 year period to build up to their 'one of the most successful' flagship titles. The trailer was bad, and I know, the game won't be like the trailer. But the game was dated for early 2015, steam page lists as mid 2015, and now, MattLab bravely (which I really respect of him doing that) stood up and told us that the game will be released when it's complete.

But this fraud made me skeptical, and you guys should know that I am justified to feel so. It's like the reactions of the trailer determined the setback of the release date. I do not mind, but if our negative reactions 'may' have changed the setback, instead of the suggestions us as a long term RCT fans been giving, it seems like this may be the end of the RCT series.

With RCT4, it's a small change, but they've basically thrown the flagship's title into a pit. RCTW should be a game played for the next few years, just like the beloved RCT1, 2 and 3. MattLab confirmed that the trailer was an earlier build. But why? A 'teaser' of a 'gameplay' is meant to showcase to the customers how the game is "PLAYED". The only part we see is custom Rollercoaster building (Which the coasters still look rigid, but early build - fair enough). Instead we just see a footage of a poorly done trailer. Forget the graphics, they didn't bother placing any terrain, and didn't mention in the trailer it was early build. It just gives me a sense (Even though it's not,) that they are just altering plans to the consumers demand.

It's the marketing team's fault, and the company's fault to ruin the hype of the game. Please don't be dumbfounded and say 'dei relesd old treilr cuz gaem come out = w0w betr grafix'. That would just be horrible marketing, or just a horrible excuse to cover up the mess up. We are 100% justified to speak negatively, and Atari deserves it. They've made progress by hard work, but was the hard work putting up the game together in the trailer enough to respect the dedicated fanbase that built the franchise to this state? I honestly doubt it.

King r4t, calling negativity and comparing them to 'children', that just seems personal and irrelevant to the discussions people are trying to have, doesn't it? Zane is a fan of the game, and of course he shouldn't sweat it from the negativity, it's not his fault for shielding a game company that he supports. But Atari should, and it's none of our faults to be criticizing, and 'having a fit' just seems like you're trying to attack the other side of the discussion without addressing the issue here. You probably banned me on the forums, and if he didn't like what I was posting, fair enough. But just keep in mind, happy happy ban all criticism and negativity doesn't make a single difference, opposed to the community reaction.

With the trailer we're given, we're right to be negative. But I still have hope for the game, just low expectations. We'll see in the dev blog, and I hope most of us, both negativity and happy-goers will be reassured. I support the developers, and respect Atari and Area52. But respect is earned, not given from the fans. And surely, the trailer wasn't 'enough' to get the respect they need.

Have a nice day.

k1ng r4t
03-08-2015, 12:03 AM
Game industry dying =/= game industries being corrupted. EA is one of the most hated gaming companies for their micro-transactions and game release issues. However, EA was the MOST successful gaming company of 2014, now, that may not seem surprising to people who keep in track with the gaming industries. But producing mass income does not mean the golden age of gaming is returning. Even if it is, do you really think Atari will be able to contest between the golden age games? The devoted fans will buy it, and that just seems like a low quality quick-money grab.

King r4t, calling negativity and comparing them to 'children', that just seems personal and irrelevant to the discussions people are trying to have, doesn't it? Zane is a fan of the game, and of course he shouldn't sweat it from the negativity, it's not his fault for shielding a game company that he supports. But Atari should, and it's none of our faults to be criticizing, and 'having a fit' just seems like you're trying to attack the other side of the discussion without addressing the issue here. You probably banned me on the forums, and if he didn't like what I was posting, fair enough. But just keep in mind, happy happy ban all criticism and negativity doesn't make a single difference, opposed to the community reaction.

With the trailer we're given, we're right to be negative. But I still have hope for the game, just low expectations. We'll see in the dev blog, and I hope most of us, both negativity and happy-goers will be reassured. I support the developers, and respect Atari and Area52. But respect is earned, not given from the fans. And surely, the trailer wasn't 'enough' to get the respect they need.

Have a nice day.

Meh, if they don't want to be called children, don't act like children. There is a difference between negativity and hate. A difference between "criticism" that demeans others and criticism that pushes for a better future. How anyone can't tell the difference between the so called "criticism" and real discussion providing quality feedback blows my mind. Did you even read this thread? It's about staying positive and look how many people called the OP a troll!! And sorry, quality feedback does not consist of "wah wah it doesn't look like it's supposed to, Atari should kill themselves wah wah"

There's a million reasons that might be the case, the least of which being a major developer shift mid development. That's HUGE guys!!! That explains everything IMO and it must really suck being the little dev caught in the middle. I'll wait for the facts before condemning someone to hell.

The industry is not dying friend. Nobody said anything about the golden age of games or annual grosses either. The EA argument is a typical one. I'm not going to touch on it though cause that's a whole 'nother ball park. Message me if you want to pick apart semantics in the gaming industry.

And nah I didn't block you. I enjoy people who disagree with me. I just don't want to deal with people who attack others, directly or indirectly, then cry murder when you tell them to stop. As of now there's 4 people on there who seem to be the standard bearers of this "criticism" that's putting everyone on edge. I'm pretty sure most of you know who they are...and after getting rid of those, there's a dynamic shift in this place. Even if you disagree, try it, see what it's like. What does that say?

k1ng r4t
03-08-2015, 12:31 AM
Ah, and thank you oh mighty coaster God3, you and zane really reshaped my opinion of this place and I actually enjoy it again. Point in case, don't let the haters bring you down. Hata's gonna hate.

Z0MBI3KILL3R1234
03-08-2015, 12:35 AM
I still have hope for this game even after seeing the trailer. If the people payed more attention to the designs of the games peeps/stalls/ rides instead of how horrid it was they would have noticed it looks a lot better than RCT3.

To start off, the peeps had more round heads look more realistic than in RCT3. The peeps are more different now too. Instead of having same hair shirt etc. they all looked unique.

Secondly, the stalls looked way better. They didn't have the same designs as RCT3 and looked more colorful than it too. I saw more stall that looked real in that trailer than in RCT3.

Lastly, the rides all had been more carefully shaped out than in RCT 1, 2, or 3 put together. The circles actually looked like CIRCLES. Also the cars at the end look really good even when the camera was far away. So everyone whom is hating on this game without playing(which is everyone) needs to shut their mouths and act like civilized human beings. That is what separates us from monkeys. So like I have said numerous times before STOP BEING HATERS ABOUT THE GAME UNTIL YOU HAVE PLAYED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheCoasterGOd3
03-08-2015, 01:27 AM
Ah, and thank you oh mighty coaster God3, you and zane really reshaped my opinion of this place and I actually enjoy it again. Point in case, don't let the haters bring you down. Hata's gonna hate.

And so I sent my angels from heaven above to bring light on matters that are within, and when seeing the concerned of which who feared of inadequate quality of their new Roller Coaster Tycoon World. They turned to one who knew what not to believe, that angel came to him, closer; and he, not knowing what to expect asked what the trouble was with their soon to be released game. And she said to him with a smile, in her heavenly voice. "Don't worry my child, For it was only a build from many moons ago.

Jacobs 1

Nagta
03-08-2015, 01:48 AM
Hata's gonna hate.
Sick meme bro

Nagta
03-08-2015, 01:57 AM
Meh, if they don't want to be called children, don't act like children. There is a difference between negativity and hate. A difference between "criticism" that demeans others and criticism that pushes for a better future. How anyone can't tell the difference between the so called "criticism" and real discussion providing quality feedback blows my mind. Did you even read this thread? It's about staying positive and look how many people called the OP a troll!! And sorry, quality feedback does not consist of "wah wah it doesn't look like it's supposed to, Atari should kill themselves wah wah"

There's a million reasons that might be the case, the least of which being a major developer shift mid development. That's HUGE guys!!! That explains everything IMO and it must really suck being the little dev caught in the middle. I'll wait for the facts before condemning someone to hell.

The industry is not dying friend. Nobody said anything about the golden age of games or annual grosses either. The EA argument is a typical one. I'm not going to touch on it though cause that's a whole 'nother ball park. Message me if you want to pick apart semantics in the gaming industry.

And nah I didn't block you. I enjoy people who disagree with me. I just don't want to deal with people who attack others, directly or indirectly, then cry murder when you tell them to stop. As of now there's 4 people on there who seem to be the standard bearers of this "criticism" that's putting everyone on edge. I'm pretty sure most of you know who they are...and after getting rid of those, there's a dynamic shift in this place. Even if you disagree, try it, see what it's like. What does that say?

You are literally cherrypicking the information I typed where you can respond in a disagreeing manner. Please adress the issue properly about the fault of the trailer being their's and people going 'wahhh' is justified. Even people having a fit. Yes, not criticism, people just crying. They are justified of their actions because of the fault in the marketting. Not everyone has quality feedback, but it's hard to see people telling Atari to kill themselves. And even if there are, it's a small portion, and if you want to generalize negative feedback to childish people, that doesn't work. Don't generalize, negative people =/= people calling OP a troll. I never did call OP a troll, and please, find any of my posts which I tell Atari to kill themselves. Yes, you never said I did, but you generalized my perspective (and others giving constructive criticism) of Atari with other trolls and childish kids.

Good to see you praising someone just because he agrees with you. Coaster God3 made valid points, but just because he's on your side doesn't mean you gotta praise him. It just shows the mentality of "SOME" people protecting Atari in this mess. See, I said some. I don't generalize. Some people shielding atari and Area52 have provided some good reasons, and I appreciate that. You are just going against negativity instead of adressing the issue. Grow up. I mean it.

zanemathias
03-08-2015, 02:15 AM
I left for such a short time and boom I had lost of catching up to do. Lol I am interested in seeing there explanation for our concerns.

zanemathias
03-08-2015, 02:34 AM
Thanks guys!! This Thread has deff change since last night. And I agree king r4t and nagta and others on here discussion and debates even if different are great. Some have even opened my eyes to other aspects of the game itself that were not important to me yet are now building on me. Just no personal attacks. Everyones opinions are valid because everyone expects/likes something different about rct.

So to maybe start a new section of this thread. what else are you guys/gal's wanting to hear from Mattlab that they havent told us about yet, beside the answers we want from the trailer. Lol

Nagta
03-08-2015, 02:43 AM
Thanks guys!! This Thread has deff change since last night. And I agree king r4t and nagta and others on here discussion and debates even if different are great. Some have even opened my eyes to other aspects of the game itself that were not important to me yet are now building on me. Just no personal attacks. Everyones opinions are valid because everyone expects/likes something different about rct.

So to maybe start a new section of this thread. what else are you guys/gal's wanting to hear from Mattlab that they havent told us about yet, beside the answers we want from the trailer. Lol Welp, that's an icebreaker to the endless debates.

Without the trailer in mind, I'd want

1.) Clarification on progress. Dates, progress, deadlines, idm. I've heard that the trailer was from an early build, and I'll trust him for now, even with some skeptical points. I want to know how far they are up to, and with the trailers and pictures of the game, it makes me confused whether they're polishing the work or adding more stuff.

2.) Some pictures and screenshots of the game. I want them to be honest, no pre-rendered or photoshopped pics. Pictures of the game at the current stage, so the fans at least know how they're doing.

3.) Since it's a GDC related post, I want them to show us what they've done during the GDC preparation. It would be interesting, as afaik there wasn't a public booth for Atari. Would be good to see some new stuff they've made excluding the trailer.

New features/designs would be appreciated too, but that can be placed on the next dev blog.

Thanks for staying neutral. I respect both sides of the argument too, but whenever one starts calling the other childish, things get dirty.

MR.sugar
03-08-2015, 03:30 AM
The problem is that I do not believe they are able to actually fix this within such a small timeframe. They would simply have to re-do most of the assets, not saying that engine itself probably needs some more work too... I'm afraid this game is doomed, but I will be happy if they prove me wrong.

Wabigbear
03-08-2015, 07:30 AM
However you're ignorant if you think it's representative of the future of Rollercoaster Tycoon and decide to judge the future of a game, its developer and its publisher based off a brand new, minimally tested, still-in-development engine with almost nothing known about it.

You may have missed my question as to where you heard that this is a "brand new, minimally tested, still-in-development engine"?

I've searched and don't find where they said that, so I'm just wondering.

Wabigbear
03-08-2015, 08:11 AM
So to maybe start a new section of this thread. what else are you guys/gal's wanting to hear from Mattlab that they havent told us about yet, beside the answers we want from the trailer. Lol

Nagta mentioned some I also agree with.

I think the biggest thing for me is for them to follow through on things they tell us. We've had two different community managers announced to great fanfare, both told us how they were going to be here all the time. mattlab originally told us the same thing. There were posts that said there was going to be all this communication going on.

I can understand that things in the background can change. They always do. Deadlines come and need to be met, other things unexpectedly pop up. But when you make promises and assurances you need to either back them up, or at least let people know there's been a change in plans.

Just a quick "we're running late - back soon!" post would help dampen down some of the frustration that upsets a lot of people, not because they are so impatient (admittedly some are...), but because they see someone not following through on their promises, and thus they start to wonder if they are going to follow through on the things they promised about the game itself. Doubt sets in and builds. People start questioning everything.

Somehow we need to get around that. If someone like mattlab is getting overwhelmed in the background working on the game (and I have no doubt but that he is...) they need someone who can keep communication going, and then actually follow through.

And to be honest. I'd much rather hear a couple short posts during the week that things are slowly moving forward than a 'rah-rah' blog post that sounds like a used car salesman's spew.

(What doesn't help, in my opinion, are comments made by some that dismiss all this as just 'acting like children'. Let's remember that 'the children' didn't make the promises that have been made. 'The children' didn't stop communicating after claiming they would. It doesn't help to make posts 'whining' about the children 'whining' about Atari - it just looks a bit hypocritical. The digs at others just aren't needed. The sad thing is that people who have a lot of really good points to make, but their points start getting lost because they are complaining about the complainers! And that's too bad.

If you're that bothered about people complaining and 'hating', then why are you complaining and 'hating' about them?

If you truly want people to more positive - and I believe you all really do - then you've got to be a little more positive yourselves. Think about it...)

DMB1985
03-08-2015, 08:32 AM
At this point I see little reason to be optimistic. The handling of the whole affair has been embarrassing and leaves me with no confidence that the final product will be a substantial improvement over what we have seen.

We were told we were getting a high res gameplay trailer and instead we got one where the graphics look worse than RCT3 and doesn't show any actual gameplay. And then to try and calm down the masses all we get are a few posts from Mattlab stating that the footage is from an older build and that a blog is incoming this week. Now fair play to Mattlab from braving the storm on here but these statements should have been released to the wider gaming press at the time of the trailers release and not just on the forum where the vast majority of people who have seen the trailer will never see it.

Furthermore, Atari's choice of developer baffles me. I have nothing against Area 52 but why, when Atari are looking for a AAA game, have they opted for a development studio that has no experience of meeting such expectations. It all points to the game being rather low budget. I know graphically the game will probably look better than what we saw in the trailer but it's hard to see there being a significant improvement. As a fan of RCT since the very beginning I really hope I'm wrong but at the moment I just see no reason to reamin positive about RCTW.

zanemathias
03-08-2015, 12:27 PM
Lol right I agree nagta with all three. I know they can't get everything into one blog but between the next two I would also like to know what types of water rides are gonna be available.also are you going to be able to add customizable scenery on your restaurant Ect.

k1ng r4t
03-08-2015, 03:02 PM
At this point I see little reason to be optimistic. The handling of the whole affair has been embarrassing and leaves me with no confidence that the final product will be a substantial improvement over what we have seen.

We were told we were getting a high res gameplay trailer and instead we got one where the graphics look worse than RCT3 and doesn't show any actual gameplay. And then to try and calm down the masses all we get are a few posts from Mattlab stating that the footage is from an older build and that a blog is incoming this week. Now fair play to Mattlab from braving the storm on here but these statements should have been released to the wider gaming press at the time of the trailers release and not just on the forum where the vast majority of people who have seen the trailer will never see it.

Furthermore, Atari's choice of developer baffles me. I have nothing against Area 52 but why, when Atari are looking for a AAA game, have they opted for a development studio that has no experience of meeting such expectations. It all points to the game being rather low budget. I know graphically the game will probably look better than what we saw in the trailer but it's hard to see there being a significant improvement. As a fan of RCT since the very beginning I really hope I'm wrong but at the moment I just see no reason to reamin positive about RCTW.

Indie developer with a bankrupt publisher...No doubt in my mind this had a low budget. Another one of Mattlabs comments was along the lines of how the fans can help with production, which suggests there might be a kickstarter on the way, which could mean they've been working with nearly nothing.

I'm still very hopeful though, no release date is set, I've seen bigger comebacks, we were promised the graphics in the trailer would be explained which pretty heavily implies it isn't the final cut, and it's true placeholder graphics are very common. So the more fans demand blood if it's not released in mid-2015, the more they'll rush it and it might suck. Give them time, and it will be every bit as awesome as we want.

Also I'm not saying you're wrong cause I've gotten lost in the ravaging sea that is RCTW forums, but where did they say "high res" gameplay trailer?

Nagta
03-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Indie developer with a bankrupt publisher...No doubt in my mind this had a low budget. Another one of Mattlabs comments was along the lines of how the fans can help with production, which suggests there might be a kickstarter on the way, which could mean they've been working with nearly nothing.

I'm still very hopeful though, no release date is set, I've seen bigger comebacks, we were promised the graphics in the trailer would be explained which pretty heavily implies it isn't the final cut, and it's true placeholder graphics are very common. So the more fans demand blood if it's not released in mid-2015, the more they'll rush it and it might suck. Give them time, and it will be every bit as awesome as we want.

Also I'm not saying you're wrong cause I've gotten lost in the ravaging sea that is RCTW forums, but where did they say "high res" gameplay trailer? I don't see people wanting an early release. With the state of the game like that, this cannot be released. Check the community vote someone made a while back. Only few people like coastergod3 voted an earlier release opposed to majority voting more time for game release.

so, what would you like to see in the next dev blog :) ?

k1ng r4t
03-08-2015, 04:19 PM
That's what I find so fascinating. All these folks voted they want to give more time, but in every single one of these threads, a lot of those same people are going on about how they'll never finish the game in time for the release or how the game could possibly be like this so close to its release date (it's true, many say release date, like there is a date). And this is just recently, don't get me started on when it was listed as Early 2015. People definitely wanted it then. To me this pretty heavily implies they're expecting a specific release. So I do find it ironic that they want to give A52 more time but simultaneously hate them for their actions which were most likely caused by severe lack of time because of the dev switch. Empathy from me. Remove yourself from those expectations, give A52 the time they need, and I just know this game will kick ass. So not you specifically, but others shouldn't angrily exclaim this disgraceful display is not ready and start saying I can't wait to see what it looks like when it is ready! It just seems so...unproductive. I believe that is the message of this thread.

Let's see, next blog, I would also like an explanation as to why the trailer looks so drastically different than the screen shots. Though I'm not expecting one, tbh. I'd also like to see more shots of actual new features, not just the same stuff we've seen in RCT3 with taller peeps. We got a glimpse at the scaffolding around new buildings which A) looks pretty cool and B) PROVES they read the ideas forum and are implementing things from it. I'm curious how this will work though. I really, really doubt they would've done that if a thread, especially one that was so popular, hadn't been made for it. Just seems like such a random feature, ya know? And I'd love to see some shots or details on the potential of the new custom scenery and why it'll be so much better, but I also doubt it's ready enough to show yet. But even if I don't see any of this, as long as we get a post with some snippet of news, I'll be satisfied...though with a mouth left watering.

Wabigbear
03-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Maybe third time asking will be the charm?

Quote Originally Posted by k1ng r4t View Post
However you're ignorant if you think it's representative of the future of Rollercoaster Tycoon and decide to judge the future of a game, its developer and its publisher based off a brand new, minimally tested, still-in-development engine with almost nothing known about it.

WHERE did anyone from Atari say that?

k1ng r4t
03-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Well Wagi you are on my list, but after seeing you repeatedly post shortly after mine, I assumed you were trying to talk to me so I opened it. Once again, you totally misinterpret my words. I blocked those I was tired of clarifying myself to. I've never, not once, dismissed a single comment about anything. I did, however, say they act like children when they comment it (kids can have valid concerns too), but this is a reasonable question. If you don't think the majority of my posts are anything but positive, well, sorry to hear that. Perhaps take RCTW forum tones with a grain of salt. And yes I did block those who seemed to misinterpret my words as hate so I wouldn't have to say anything about it. But considering the actual thread is about positivity and not the trailer or why Atari sucks...normally I won't do this, but...

They didn't. Not specifically, at least. Happy? Though it was very heavily implied by Mattlab. On top of my observations of devs, time constraints, copyright issues, the mid production dev shift, Atari's spontaniety and the trailer, it seems obvious to me; and put simply it would make perfect sense. So just like how you think Atari is completely capable of responding on the forums, I assume they haven't given us one because they're busy building a new engine (especially considering before the switch they were better at it). You have your assumptions, I have mine. Let's leave it at that. :)

Nagta
03-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Heavily implied or not, let's stick to factism when attempting to prove poi t.

Mistakes happen, and sometimes you should let it go and say 'my bad'. Not waigi's fault for misinterpreting, it's all about clearly stating your points.

darkhorizon
03-08-2015, 05:41 PM
Well Wagi you are on my list, but after seeing you repeatedly post shortly after mine, I assumed you were trying to talk to me so I opened it.

Wagi has been nothing short of respectful towards you.

Clearly the true reason why you're putting users on your ignore list is NOT because they are being too negative and "childish", but simply because they share a different opinion from you. You can claim that's not true all you want; actions speak louder than words. Might as well put the entire forum on your ignore list, because a vast majority of users don't like what Atari/Area52 have showcased, nor the way they have been handling this game in general.

A quick review of the General Discussion forum confirms this.

k1ng r4t
03-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Ok so now people are starting to say "stop assuming everything." I've only ever gone off what I know, which like the rest of you is basically nothing, which is why I tell people to calm down when they get all worked up over aforementioned basically nothing, like this was all intentional and Atari is in it for a cash grab, but then I'm told I'm the ass cause they can disagree with me; yet reverse the tables, the one time I didn't... But you're right, **** it. It could've been stated with less confidence, but...

I do think it's a new engine though and am giving Atari the benefit of the doubt.

Nagta
03-08-2015, 05:45 PM
I do think it's a new engine though and am giving Atari the benefit of the doubt.
If atari deserves the benefit of doubt, we as fans deserve the benefit of skepticism.

You're not an ass - you made valid points. But discuss by adressing the issues instead of generalizing us as children. That makes you look like a pride keeping individual never wanting to be corrected.

k1ng r4t
03-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Dark, you're on it too, and a quick review of the general discussion forums will show the 4 people on it were the ones who repeatedly said the same things to me. Along the lines of I'm being hypocritical. After about 10 threads of it, it was clear we see things differently, and I didn't know what else to do. If I'm so bothersome, why don't you do the same? This is a never ending cycle.

Let me sum up my thoughts: People could be nicer about addressing their concerns. That's all it ever was. I never said they weren't valid concerns. I've said I agree with them actually. If I didn't think it was that bad, I wouldn't say anything. These posts didn't start until I hit about 110ish posts and it was an observation I made. Sorry guys, I'm tired of reading Atari bashing threads based off months of hypothetical discussion and those hypothetical expectations not being met.

Again, I'm only talking about this now in this thread, since it's the topic of the thread.

Edit: And Nagta, again, it's not about skepticism...it's about unnecessarily harsh skepticism. Look at some of the people in this thread treated the OP. Yet everyone, but me, turns a blind eye to them. I was only wanting to prevent everyone from getting their hopes too high, as they did, cause I knew it'd be disappointing. It often is.

allen
03-08-2015, 05:52 PM
If you look at the big ferris wheel, the graphics look diffrent than whats in the trailer. If you look at the art work that atari has used in the updates, it looks more crisp than whats in the trailer. I think what has been done, is atari took some of the stuff (ferris wheel) and imoprted it into RCT3 to create a trailer.

darkhorizon
03-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Dark, you're on it too

My feelings are hurt.

...and a quick review of the general discussion forums will show the 4 people on it were the ones who repeatedly said the same things to me. Along the lines of I'm being hypocritical. After about 10 threads of it, it was clear we see things differently, and I didn't know what else to do. If I'm so bothersome, why don't you do the same? This is a never ending cycle.

It's more of the fact that you resort to personal attacks, vulgar language, and general snarky-ness in your responses. We can disagree about everything all we want - that's life, and there's nothing wrong about that. But yes, it is hypocritical of you to say "this forum is full of kids who throw fits when they don't get what they want", but in the same post you lack the ability to put together a valid argument without the name calling and whatnot. What is hypocritical is that you seem to think you're the most mature member here (not even assuming, it's clear in your posts), yet your posts tend to lack the maturity you boast about.

Let me sum up my thoughts: People could be nicer about addressing their concerns. That's all it ever was. I never said they weren't valid concerns. I've said I agree with them actually. If I didn't think it was that bad, I wouldn't say anything. These posts didn't start until I hit about 110ish posts and it was an observation I made. Sorry guys, I'm tired of reading Atari bashing threads based off months of hypothetical discussion and those hypothetical expectations not being met.

Again, I'm only talking about this now in this thread, since it's the topic of the thread.

I don't disagree with you. People certainly can be nicer. Unfortunately, as I've learned over the years, you can't try and "parent" members. Some members are gonna be unfair - that's the internet, just ignore them. Attempting to correct them almost never works.

I (and you've confirmed I am on your ignore list) have been "nice" about addressing my concerns. Have I posted out of frustration? Of course. But I've never been hateful towards Atari or Area 52. I've been frustrated, but not hateful. There's a difference. Nor have I ever extensively sparred with you, and when I did, I was respectful. Therefore I still don't understand what qualifies someone to be put on your ignore list. Not that I care (and I don't think anyone else cares either).

Wabigbear
03-08-2015, 06:22 PM
They didn't. Not specifically, at least. Happy? Though it was very heavily implied by Mattlab. On top of my observations of devs, time constraints, copyright issues, the mid production dev shift, Atari's spontaniety and the trailer, it seems obvious to me; and put simply it would make perfect sense. So just like how you think Atari is completely capable of responding on the forums, I assume they haven't given us one because they're busy building a new engine (especially considering before the switch they were better at it). You have your assumptions, I have mine. Let's leave it at that. :)

Read what YOU said, not me:

I asked you where you heard that because no one from Atari had said it here. I didn't 'misinterpret' anything - I simply asked you where you heard that since you were sound like you are posting it as fact. I don't see any "In my opinion..." or "I think maybe..." in front of the claim.

Ignore me all you want, we don't have to agree on anything anyways, but when you post something that isn't true or is questionable you will, in fact, be questioned on it. Don't like it? Simply clearly post your assumptions as such and there won't be a problem. Let's leave it at that, okay?

ExtraCheese
03-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Yeah R4T has ignored me too. I think we can agree that he is the one most difficult 'discussing' things with.
I just don't think that ignoring someone with a different opinion is the solution (and I don't mean the fact you don't have to leave a comment, I mean the forum option of ignoring). Ignoring someone here on the forum who has valid arguments would be the same like some North Korean guy who silences everyone who doesn't agree with him.

Agree to disagree would be best. Leave people in their value and try to keep a good discussion going.

Nagta
03-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Alright. King r4t, instead of negating and opposing our perspective, share some of your's.

Try making a constructive argument just like us who are providing constirctive criticism (not all, but some of us). You haven't provided any valid statements to strongly back up your points other than your personal opinion.

k1ng r4t
03-09-2015, 02:02 AM
Let's leave it at that, okay?

Ok

Alright. King r4t, instead of negating and opposing our perspective, share some of your's.

Try making a constructive argument just like us who are providing constirctive criticism (not all, but some of us). You haven't provided any valid statements to strongly back up your points other than your personal opinion.

Once again, I'm not negating any constructive criticism since what I refer to wasn't constructive. Take note of my response to each one of you here. You're being constructive, and I'm not negating. Negating is saying "ignore OP he is a troll." But at last, it seems, in a thread about positivity, we can all be constructive. Now isn't that nice?

The trailer was disappointing but I think it was for several reasons, the biggest being the dev switch (I've stated the other reasons previously). My expectations are also very low when it comes to dev feedback and response, because that's generally how it is. If it happens, great, if not, that sucks. But until I know something for sure, I'm not going to excommunicate anyone just yet. I was once a raging fan too, then my heart was broken too many times and I was never the same. Maybe this will be that game for others

It's true, you're all right, it wasn't my place to point out how overly negative you were being. And I truly appreciated Mattlabs comment about your "passion," as he called it, being what drives them more. Passion is, indeed, one word for it.

And while I do still think many of you are being overly negative, you have the right to be. I previously had very good experiences with the RCT forums and Steam RCT3 forums and everyone was so upbeat and lighthearted (not just this year, over the past 7 years or so), I came back with expectations, and was initially very surprised and then disappointed at some of the comments I read. I'm naturally a very honest person, so I pointed it out, it did not go well (which happens a lot with honesty). My b. But do not worry your passionate little hearts, because it won't happen again. It was my New Years Resolution: Don't start fights on the RCTW forums. Mother never could teach me that one...

Lapuente
03-09-2015, 05:11 AM
honestly in 2015 we expect something better, it looks horrible

Indiglow
03-09-2015, 07:24 PM
If you disagree with king rat you are on his ignore list.

Not like I care in the least. The more people the better. That way, he can just have conversations with himself.

He's one of those "I got my feelings hurt because you disagree with me" type of posters and it's best to just let them live in their own fantasy world of unicorns who fart rainbows.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna stick to reality and tell it like it is. The trailer is horrible. The communication is horrible. If we didn't stand up as a community as a whole and say "WE DESERVE BETTER IF YOU WANT OUR MONEY" then they would just release a terrible product.

One thing we can all agree on is we want this to be done right. We want a phenomenal game. We want it to be light years ahead of RCT3. We shouldn't settle for let and we shouldn't let other posters tell us we should.

bctrainers
03-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

While we welcome most discussions on the RCT forums, we do not permit the forums to be used for rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, harassment, name & shame, or purposeless inflammatory posts.

As this thread has devolved into such discussions, I'll now be closing this discussion.

As always, please keep the forum rules in mind while posting to the RCT forums (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?23-Forum-Rules-*Read*). Thanks for understanding.