PDA

View Full Version : Were they at GDC

ColossusInferno
03-05-2015, 07:53 PM
So guys is that what we got from GDC? I'm confused if they even went?

redyar
03-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Nobody really knows. They are not listed there, GDC confirmed that. However Atari/Area52 doesnt like to chat with us very much. Mattlab usually post a dev blog on fridays (not every..), lets hope.

tycoon
03-05-2015, 08:06 PM
according to this article:
http://gamesided.com/2015/03/05/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-gameplay-trailer-something/

Today I eat my words, as Atari revealed their first gameplay teaser of RollerCoaster Tycoon World at GDC 2015.

apparently they were and that's where they released that trashy trailer. this is the only positive confirmation i've seen (including among the several other articles out today).

ColossusInferno
03-05-2015, 08:09 PM
I have never heard of GDC but at most games conventions they do interviews etc, so we aren't getting anything like that? Disappointing :/

tycoon
03-05-2015, 08:17 PM
I have never heard of GDC but at most games conventions they do interviews etc, so we aren't getting anything like that? Disappointing :/

we don't even get a post from the developers / atari in their own forums :rolleyes:

Wabigbear
03-05-2015, 08:21 PM
Wow, just Googled some of the sites carrying this trailer and if the site itself isn't negative, many of the people posting comments sure are.

Atari has a deep PR problem on their hands, and it's not just here on their own forums. This is sad.

tycoon
03-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Wow, just Googled some of the sites carrying this trailer and if the site itself isn't negative, many of the people posting comments sure are.

Atari has a deep PR problem on their hands, and it's not just here on their own forums. This is sad.

yeah, check out the news page sticky on this forum, i added 8 of the articles from today:
https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?1678-RCTWorld-in-the-Media-on-the-streams-in-the-news!-Post-your-stream-in-here/page2

not a good day in atari-land from the looks of it. only one of those articles was positive.