PDA

View Full Version : Who's Disappointed?

jjmccrae
03-05-2015, 03:36 PM
*raises hand and bangs head on table*

Was so looking forward to this after watching the video disappointed.

vilmer
03-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Same, im not gonna pre order this, ill watch some youtube lets play and see if ill buy it later.

Lorenzo
03-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Yea me too, how it looks atm it will not break any records

Wabigbear
03-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Yeah, there needs to be a whole lot of work done on this before I'd even consider buying it. I can put up with poor graphics as long as we can add our own custom scenery, but things like the coaster supports, horrible paths and butt-ugly water are all things that will carry over even if we can add our own CSO.

ExtraCheese
03-05-2015, 03:41 PM
I hope it's alpha footage, otherwise i'm not buying this crap, ever.

VACkillers
03-05-2015, 03:43 PM
I hope it's alpha footage, otherwise i'm not buying this crap, ever.

lol... yep same here.... think everyone is pretty much shocked and disapointed at this stage cept for a few dum dums over on the steam forums...

a-can-o-beans
03-05-2015, 03:48 PM
"I want to go on something more thrilling than Roller Coaster Tycoon World"
"Just looking at Roller Coaster Tycoon World makes me feel sick"

iSatnav
03-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Well then... That was disapointing. The game looks to have worse graphics that RCT2 and they were pretty bad. Congratulations dev team, you have lost a follower.

ExtraCheese
03-05-2015, 03:58 PM
I am so very disappointed... I have no words for it. The screenshots do make me feel a little positive, hoping that the trailer was pre alpha footage or something...

koekeritis
03-05-2015, 04:12 PM
When I saw this trailer I tought it was released 28 days to soon (april fools in 28 days)... But my hoper are all GONE! F*CK you atari! F*CK you area52! THIS A PURE PILE OF F*CKING SMELLY ****TY DAMN CRAP!!!!!! Sorry for the swearing but... :mad: ARGGGGGH!!!!!

coaster6
03-05-2015, 04:18 PM
There are a lot of people currently throwing out RCT forever. I have no words.

JMR
03-05-2015, 04:30 PM
There are a lot of people currently throwing out RCT forever. I have no words.

Perhaps a song would suffice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEfqj9pDAI

coaster6
03-05-2015, 04:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEfqj9pDAIif there was a high-five
Smiley I would reply to you with that lol

timtimmy
03-05-2015, 05:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEfqj9pDAI

Watch the trailer muted with the music playing instead. I almost cried. Almost.

Thompso
03-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Everybody keep in mind we still have hope with Frontier Coaster Park Tycoon 2016,

FRONTIER WE ARE DEPENDING ON YOU!!!!

ddrplaya4638
03-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Hello coaster park tycoon. It's nice to meet you

imiha
03-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Frontier is probably reading this forum right now and laughing hysterically.

Scapton
03-05-2015, 06:12 PM
WAHHHHHHHHHH :( http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/54f8d46b4c60b-how-i-feel-about-rctw.php

justinm_
03-05-2015, 07:08 PM
I really hope the look of the paths and the scenery improves a lot because they look awful the brown paths are a single colour with hardly any 'terrain' look to them, they flicker as you move and it looked like there was grass growing half way across the path although im sure these glitches will be ironed out. Fair play the motion blur when on the coaster looks good but I hope this is the real thing and not just for the teaser, i'm concerned that the scenery doesn't come with the game and has to be downloaded as an update because it just looks really un-customisable. i was never a fan of rct 3 when compared to 2 but recently iv'e been on there quite a bit and this just looks ridiculous compared, the graphics look slow and laggy and that's in a teaser video??? seriously? this is supposed to be promoting it? i think the teaser should be taken down and changed to include a smoother looking gameplay as this sends the wrong message. Saying all this i'm liking the bit at the end which looks like a coaster flying through thin air because this is hopefully the return of the dying peeps! The water looks awful as does the blocky monorail at the beginning but to end on a positive, riding that coaster at the beginning looks amazing. Lets just hope that the whole game will be more like the coaster at the beginning.

justinm_
03-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Everybody keep in mind we still have hope with Frontier Coaster Park Tycoon 2016,

FRONTIER WE ARE DEPENDING ON YOU!!!!

OMG Thank you so much for posting that I didn't know about this. I need to keep an eye out o_0

FRONTIER ALL THE WAY!!!

SparkyUK
03-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Why does it remind me of this?

mariogarza
03-05-2015, 07:40 PM
I'm beyond disappointed... Really really sad, being a fan of the series since 1999 it's almost painful to see this. To me Roller Coaster Tycoon is dead now... and it's ridiculous to see the people defending it... Atari doesn't have any clue on what it is that made the first 3 games so good. They're completely lost.

Coasterman345
03-05-2015, 07:42 PM
If the trailer is accurate, RCT2 will be the last good game in the franchise. RCT3 had too many rides that were themed. This basically looks like RCT3 with slight changes. I wish they'd either bring back the isometric style of RCT1 & RCT2, or at least hire someone with a brain who knows what they are doing.

RCTW1
03-05-2015, 07:45 PM
If the trailer is accurate, RCT2 will be the last good game in the franchise. RCT3 had too many rides that were themed. This basically looks like RCT3 with slight changes. I wish they'd either bring back the isometric style of RCT1 & RCT2, or at least hire someone with a brain who knows what they are doing.
RCT3 was my favorite, but this looks way worse than RCT3.

SPRidley
03-05-2015, 07:54 PM
This a ****ing mess, complete garabage. I knew something bad was happening behind cameras. All that bull**** fed in the dev diaries, no building structures...

Waiting that Frontier releases the true RCT3 successor with Coaster Park Tycoon. See you in 2016, people. This guys are going to make a great game like Colossal Order is doing with Cities Skylines after the SimCity 5 fiasco (BTW SimCity Maxis was closed just yesterday, what a surprise!), and it will be glorious. Maybe is this is the final nail for Atari and someone can buy the franchise from their zombie corpse.
Feel a little bad for Area 51, but they knew what was going to happen when they signed this **** after what happened with the old dev. They are probably going to close after this but I hope they can land on their feet and find a new job soon.

justinm_
03-05-2015, 07:59 PM
as much as the whole rct community is split between 2 and 3 i think we can all agree that if world releases in this state then the franchise is dead and frontier will be our last hope

Dogish
03-05-2015, 08:16 PM
well there goes the little bit of hype I had for this, not too surprising seeing the other drowl being spat out by atari over the past year.

imiha
03-05-2015, 08:22 PM
as much as the whole rct community is split between 2 and 3 i think we can all agree that if world releases in this state then the franchise is dead and frontier will be our last hope
There is a lot of people on facebook that are saying they don't care about graphics, just gameplay and that we, who do are "supperficial gamers" or something like that, so I guess there is a potential base of costumers for RCTW, but I am affraid this is not enaugh to keep the francise and even RCTW alive.

roberto.ortis
03-05-2015, 08:24 PM
if the final graphics turn out to be that piece of crap we just saw on that trailer. I will not but this game.

BigDaddy
03-05-2015, 08:25 PM
I dont get how you go from the great looking screenshots of the last dev to what we just saw in that trailer? Did the last dev take all the assets?