PDA

View Full Version : Not buying!

Chazzagm93
03-05-2015, 01:45 PM
From what I've seen in the trailer the game looks a lot like RCT3 we are in 2015 , and the graphics haven't changed that much .

I know it's meant to be a cartoon game but come on the graphics don't meet what I was expecting at all.

Wouldn't wanna waste my money on this unless they improve graphics and detail.

Wabigbear
03-05-2015, 01:47 PM
I want confirmation that custom scenery will be supported, and that the game engine at least has been improved before I spend any money.

vilmer
03-05-2015, 01:48 PM
My computer isnt good enough to play the game so me either...

Chazzagm93
03-05-2015, 01:49 PM
My computer isnt good enough to play the game so me either...

With them graphics system requirements should be for windows xp! Not windows 7 lol

Chazzagm93
03-05-2015, 01:50 PM
I want confirmation that custom scenery will be supported, and that the game engine at least has been improved before I spend any money.

100% agree

a-can-o-beans
03-05-2015, 01:50 PM
agreed. right now i am buying. and all the "fanboys" on here should do themselves a favor and not buy it either. this is a cash grab.

RCM88x
03-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Looks like a mobile game, graphics worse than 2005. I was right all along, its ****

Chazzagm93
03-05-2015, 01:53 PM
agreed. right now i am buying. and all the "fanboys" on here should do themselves a favor and not buy it either. this is a cash grab.

I've followed the game since the first one and am TOTALY disappointed , won't be buying this one.

Hopefully frontier makes a decent one.

a-can-o-beans
03-05-2015, 01:56 PM
I've followed the game since the first one and am TOTALY disappointed , won't be buying this one.

Hopefully frontier makes a decent one.

same here... been playing since i was six years old (im 21)... i guess all i can do is see if frontier can make the game we all REALLY want.

darkhorizon
03-05-2015, 01:58 PM
The graphics are WORSE than RCT3! They obviously really doctored up the screenshots they released previously.

I get that the game isn't finished, but it shouldn't look that bad.

As of now I am definitely not buying. Looks like a repackaged RCT4M for desktop.

And really? i5 and 8gb of ram minimum? I meet those requirements, but just barely! And to run something that looks like it was developed on the Indie version of Unity...

a-can-o-beans
03-05-2015, 02:00 PM
The graphics are WORSE than RCT3! They obviously really doctored up the screenshots they released previously.

I get that the game isn't finished, but it shouldn't look that bad.

As of now I am definitely not buying. Looks like a repackaged RCT4M for desktop.

And really? i5 and 8gb of ram minimum? I meet those requirements, but just barely! And to run something that looks like it was developed on the Indie version of Unity...

Definitely looks like RCT4m for PC

keeper262
03-05-2015, 02:13 PM
I understand your graphics issue, but you also have to consider who will be playing the game. This game appeals to a very wide crowd of people, some will want to play it with only Intel graphics chips. My friend, she has a 3 year old laptop that cost $500 at that time, this is her favorite game. I am personally more concerned with features.

TOM SERVO
03-05-2015, 02:26 PM
They would not put out a gameplay reveal on 'low' settings. Unless they're marketing team is incredibly inept, which I doubt, then this looks like it's going to be a cash-grab using the RCT name and theme and that's about it. The only other explanation is that it runs awful at high settings and they're scrambling to fix before release. So this was the highest they could get with a decent framerate (which still looks janky in parts of the trailer).

really unfortunate, the game will come out and probably won't sell that well, then executives will say "well, looks like nobody wanted RCT after all!" without realizing they just didn't make a good game. Hopefully one of the other theme park offerings from other developers turns out great!

Of course, maybe the actual mechanics and gameplay could be amazing, but as of right now I see no reason to buy this over RCT3 if you want a 3-d tycoon experience.

Jamppa158
03-05-2015, 02:28 PM
If you look at the requirements from steam, this game seems to be made for laptops and tablets. If this is true, it's really sad. Either go back to RCT2 or then bypass RCT3. The middleground is a fail. After seeing the trailer I'm not buying either.

The Stig
03-05-2015, 02:36 PM
Nobody around the forums seems to want to give us a clear explanation of what the hell is going on. If the devs can't take their target audience seriously, I find it extremely difficult to take this project seriously too. I will not be buying.

Looks like it's back to NoLimits 2 for me.

mb1.0.2
03-05-2015, 03:03 PM
Yeah, they can have my money when they pry it from my cold, dead hands. There are far better titles out there that I'll spend money on...and RCT3 blows this steaming pile clear out of the water. I'm still baffled by how BAD it looks. It's 20-effing-15! COME ON!

king_austin95
03-05-2015, 05:02 PM
i really hope the graphics in the trailer are early graphics and will be improved in the final version. i'm buying it either way because its a new RCT game. DO NOT tell me what to do

RandomMrBrick
03-05-2015, 05:04 PM
i really hope the graphics in the trailer are early graphics and will be improved in the final version. i'm buying it either way because its a new RCT game. DO NOT tell me what to do

Good on ya bud. Though I'm all the way for your decision. I would like to ask if you are going to see how it turns out before buying? I want to buy but my minds are split.

king_austin95
03-05-2015, 05:06 PM
this is just a TEASER trailer though. maybe they don't want to show off the GOOD graphics yet.... hopefully

Wabigbear
03-05-2015, 05:06 PM
i'm buying it either way because its a new RCT game. DO NOT tell me what to do

So you've told us...repeatedly.

You are more than welcome to do so, no one is even trying to stop you.

Personally I won't spend money on something that's crap just because of it's name, but then that's just me, I don't like to throw money away.

king_austin95
03-05-2015, 05:07 PM
Good on ya bud. Though I'm all the way for your decision. I would like to ask if you are going to see how it turns out before buying? I want to buy but my minds are split.

i don't need to see how anything turns out. its a new RCT game, so I'M GOING TO GET IT

Thompso
I will buy it IF the price is 15.00 or below.

We are in 2015 this sort of looks like a 2007 game

RCTW1
While I don't require NoLimits 2 graphics, I do want the graphics to be better than RCT3.

king_austin95
03-05-2015, 05:08 PM
So you've told us...repeatedly.

You are more than welcome to do so, no one is even trying to stop you.

Personally I won't spend money on something that's crap just because of it's name, but then that's just me, I don't like to throw money away.
almost everyone throws money away on SOMETHING because of its name.

Menno
03-05-2015, 05:50 PM
I will base the decision of buying on the gameplay. But what I noticed in the trailer (especially in the stills someone posted somewhere else on the forum) is that the quality of the rides vary quite a lot. Some assets seem more crisp than others. I'm guessing a lot of game assets aren't finished yet and what you see now is not what the final game will look like.

Wayne
03-05-2015, 05:55 PM
I agree with most people its 2015, not 2007. I can understand why having a cartoon ish feel but still. It's 2015 it could be a little more real looking, not like no limits 2 or anything but this is sad. I was expecting to see something a lot better looking than how this works, very undecided on buying this game, and honestly I have no hopes to see it improve. Do I need to focus my attention to Frontier and see what they come up with? Or will Atari turn around before the release date? Only time will tell.