PDA

View Full Version : Mattlab?

ddrplaya4638
03-05-2015, 08:29 AM
It's day four of GDC and we have heard nothing. Can you fill us in so we are not in the dark?

ExtraCheese
03-05-2015, 08:48 AM
Patiënce is a virtue. Let's wait until an announcement during GDC will come. If not, we can ask for information.
I really hope for a blog / announcement post tomorrow, when GDC is over :)

larrsie
03-05-2015, 09:27 AM
It's day four of GDC and we have heard nothing. Can you fill us in so we are not in the dark?

I really cannot stand how impatient some people are over here. Did you read the last dev blog? Mattlab specifically stated that we have to wait until next week for a GDC special. Dev blogs come out on Fridays, so that will be the moment for the GDC update.

Tl;Dr: stop complaining and actually read the dev blogs everybody demands but eventually don't bother reading apparently.

ddrplaya4638
03-05-2015, 09:49 AM
The problem with these forms is that people make assumptions. I have been a follower of the blog and the Facebook page since day one I have read every single blog and know what they said however I like most other people on here are very disappointed at the lack of communication. I have been involved with showcase events like GDC and never have I kept my future clients in the dark like this .I respect your opinion and I'm not trying to cause drama but I know I speak for a lot of us when we are so clueless about if they're even at GDC.all I'm saying is that if they have a community manager the least They could do is confirm their presence at GDC.

larrsie
03-05-2015, 09:55 AM
The problem with these forms is that people make assumptions. I have been a follower of the blog and the Facebook page since day one I have read every single blog and know what they said however I like most other people on here are very disappointed at the lack of communication. I have been involved with showcase events like GDC and never have I kept my future clients in the dark like this .I respect your opinion and I'm not trying to cause drama but I know I speak for a lot of us when we are so clueless about if they're even at GDC.all I'm saying is that if they have a community manager the least They could do is confirm their presence at GDC.

That's fair.

However you don't need to be exhibiting at GDC to make an announcement. I guess Atari will most likely just put out a statement now that the media is focused on the gaming industry. Atari can still be preparing for GDC week and not be present, just take advantage of free attention and promotion. Exhibiting is expensive, and I think Atari does not have the cash atm to do so. GDC is not over yet, and Atari probably waits until all the main keynotes and those ridiculous VR presentations are over in order to seize the moment..

LooseKid187
03-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave :)

GoobyPls
03-05-2015, 10:58 AM
Also, by the way communication is handled on this forum and with the release of blogposts, i would have been VERY surprised if any form of news came before friday. We all know by now that atari is not quite communicative towards us. But as Mattlab actually confirmed a blogpost for this week, i am happily anticipating what comes down the road.