PDA

View Full Version : Updates on RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Admin
12-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Discussion Thread for This Announcement (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/?p=866)

RollerCoaster Tycoon World fans, we are excited to share two exciting progress updates focused on new community channels and game development.

First, today we are launching the official RollerCoaster Tycoon World website (www.RollerCoasterTycoon.com (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/)) with built-in forums for you – our dedicated fans – to talk with the Atari team and developers to help us shape the game. The new forums strengthen the Atari RCTW community so gamers can play an active role, hear updates, and have an open forum for engagement.

Second, we are thrilled to announce we are partnering with Area 52 Games studio, a AAA production house on the next phase of development for RollerCoaster Tycoon World. Specializing in online PC gaming experiences, the Area 52 Games studio has brought together a team of veterans who have worked on major IPs across simulation and strategy genres, including Tropico, the Sims series, the Railroad Tycoon series, the original Pirates, Age of Empires, Forza and other well-known games. ​ Many thanks to Pipeworks for all their efforts in getting us to this point in the development of the game.

We are so excited to continue working on RCTW, and are 100 percent focused on creating the next great RCT game! Stay connected to the RollerCoaster Tycoon website (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/RollerCoasterTycoon) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/officialrct) page as we’ll soon be releasing new assets including screens, art, dev blogs, videos and much more!

-RCTW Team

Jonas
12-12-2014, 07:03 PM
Well I'm quite excited for the next one, that's for sure. Hopefully the collaboration with A52 will deliver a true masterpiece, just like it did with the other titles. :)

snowyday
12-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Cool I can't wait for this game

[DqSt]sniperman
12-12-2014, 07:38 PM
This is amazing! I can't wait!!

sam_93
12-12-2014, 07:40 PM
VERY exciting! :)

Paft Dunk
12-12-2014, 07:44 PM
I have waited for so long!

Brian
12-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Awesome to hear! Hope you guys can really make a great experience.

jensj12
12-12-2014, 07:48 PM
I've been waiting for so long too, but I still have no confirmation that this game truly deserves the 'tycoon' title. I love strategy, and RCT1 was really statisfying, so I hope RCTW can improve that experience (2, 3 and 4 didn't).

Cigfu
12-12-2014, 07:51 PM
I'm pretty excited to see what online can bring to the series but I guess it brings some anxiety when you consider other games that have adopted an online feature haven't gone so well (Simcity). Hopefully steam's user system will fix the same server overload problems that Simcity and diablo 3 had.

Seandroid
12-12-2014, 08:52 PM
I think it's a little strange that the development team is changing. I thought it was just a result of development phases, but Pipeworks appears to have removed every mention of RCTW from their Facebook page.

Either way, Area 52 is a studio with an awful lot of excellent games behind them.

Rabid_Mupp3t
12-12-2014, 11:58 PM
I'm excited but still skeptical until I see more videos or pictures to tease the actual features. If Area 52 has people that used to work on the SIM's it would be great to see customizable peeps to create your own family to stroll around the parks you create.

Jakersrampage
12-13-2014, 12:55 AM
I trust you enough to make this game the best it can be. Area 52, well, I can't say I've heard of them; but I'm sure they're qualified.

dwwilkin
12-13-2014, 02:12 AM
Does this mean that Pipeworks is finished and Area 52 is solely the developing programmers now? Or there more to the story?

mb1.0.2
12-13-2014, 12:36 PM
I don't trust this at all. Pipeworks was involved in the RCT community over the last several months and now...suddenly...they've removed any trace of RCTW from their website and social media. Something off here. I don't like how there continues to be a huge focus on online gaming. I'd certainly hope that Area 52 and Atari have learned from others (i.e. SimCity) that you can't force people to play a certain way. I know, I know...there's a single player component. But when you tout that Area 52 specializes in online gaming, I don't get warm and fuzzies. I get big ol' concerns. I was excited for this title up until this most recent change. I have great reservations and will wait until you (Atari/Area 52) can prove to me that this game is worth my money.

ImagineerTom
12-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Agree with you on that, Masked. It's sort of odd that they parted ways like that. Hope some good comes out of it, though.

davadude
12-13-2014, 01:48 PM
I think it's a little strange that the development team is changing. I thought it was just a result of development phases, but Pipeworks appears to have removed every mention of RCTW from their Facebook page.

Either way, Area 52 is a studio with an awful lot of excellent games behind them.

It could be that Pipeworks finished its part, and that its not being given to Area52 perhaps for the multiplayer?

XolovA
12-13-2014, 01:51 PM
I don't trust this at all. Pipeworks was involved in the RCT community over the last several months and now...suddenly...they've removed any trace of RCTW from their website and social media. Something off here. I don't like how there continues to be a huge focus on online gaming. I'd certainly hope that Area 52 and Atari have learned from others (i.e. SimCity) that you can't force people to play a certain way. I know, I know...there's a single player component. But when you tout that Area 52 specializes in online gaming, I don't get warm and fuzzies. I get big ol' concerns. I was excited for this title up until this most recent change. I have great reservations and will wait until you (Atari/Area 52) can prove to me that this game is worth my money.

The dropping of companies seems all to terribly familiar (ie. When EA dropped Quicklime[NFS creators]). At least with EA, they gave some sort of a reason behind it. All we've received from the transfer is that Area52 is great at making online games, which doesn't really seem to make any reason why a primarily-non online game like RCT would profit from it.

Just to re-touch on the whole company switching business:
As a developer myself [for games / mods for other games] who has created multi-million download content, team switching is one of the fastest ways to run everything into the ground. I'm speaking from experience on that one with one of my very popular projects. When a team switches, the new team doesn't necessarily have the same mindset, end goals and design concepts that the original had. They also may not understand the inner workings nearly as much as the recent team, causing it to turn into a completely different product. The problem with RCTW is, people were starting to be very happy with the product that Pipeworks was showing to the community and how they were involved. With that likely being thrown away, it doesn't look entirely promising for the future of this game.

NickNem
12-13-2014, 02:05 PM
I think that there is something more behind the developer-changes, because Pipeworks deleted everything rct-related from their sites.

MR.sugar
12-13-2014, 02:20 PM
It could be that Pipeworks finished its part, and that its not being given to Area52 perhaps for the multiplayer?

If that was the case, they wouldn't delete all mentions in regards of the RCT and Pipeworks would have been listed on the official site as well.

dwwilkin
12-13-2014, 03:14 PM
There was a point in RCT3 on the forums were a multiplayer work around was utilized. One person would start in a massive park, a section theme it out, then pass the file to the next person, who would work on the 2nd section, and when done pass it to a third. These were few, though, and many seemed to die from lack of continued enthusiasm. (You might do your section in a week and wait for the next person to take 2 months to do theirs. It could be a long time before a park was finished.)

RCT is really IMO not as collaborative as some are thinking. As designers or parks we tend to like to develop our visions alone, then share. And we do take delight in visiting other parks, and want to ride coasters that seem fantastic.

Mobile play, on our tablets and phones could be interesting. Sharing could be interesting, and 10 years after the last release, better implemented then before. But group play I would think should not be he focus of development, nor the issue over which studio's credentials are paramount. Many people site the Sim City release of last year, and there, with trading of resources, that had a little more validity for group game play.

Pipeworks released some very impressive game art, I hope that we shall see Area 52 release as impressive or more so, soon.

Danny
12-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Regardless of experience Area 52 may have, I still find it somewhat concerning regarding a studio shift halfway through development. Despite this issue not being a regular crop up in the gaming industry, I can't name an example where this has bode well for the finished product.

I really do hope the majority of substantial material Pipeworks contributed has been finished and has no need to be picked up on and continued, otherwise I really do feel there will be need for concern.

MR.sugar
12-13-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm more wondering about the actual reason. Shifting development teams is not an easy task imo. Something bad must have happened here with Pipeworks and Atari. If it was nothing bad, I would say they would just announce it and keep Pipeworks listed as developers...

Atari should clear this out as soon as possible.

NickNem
12-13-2014, 07:54 PM
"Atari should clear this out as soon as possible.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that they will make the reason for changing official. I think there've been intern problems or differences but I also think that it's a bit sad, 'cause I liked pipeworks engagement for the series and their art-style. We will see... I hope atari will show us some ingame videos, -screens (whatever) from the game in the VERY NEAR future (December would be great ;)

MR.sugar
12-14-2014, 05:48 AM
One of the reasons I was thinking about is that Pipeworks were unable to deliver the game on time (aka they would have to delay it) and Atari need to release it as soon as possible and they were pushing them. Then they decided to give it to Area52 is they might be able to finish it sooner. Or something like that. That would be very worrying though....

Taizen
12-14-2014, 08:16 AM
Developers, please focus your efforts on the single player component.

CreamyBeef
12-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Looking forward to this game! I will be preordering it.

The Skipper
12-15-2014, 04:29 PM

That would make it RCT 3, not RCT 3 World

Mattlab
12-15-2014, 05:56 PM
I would like to announce that our second dev blog will be coming very soon (read - this week)! For the blog we will be introducing the super awesome community lead from Area 52 Games! They will also be talking a bit about the studio and perhaps even showing off a new piece of content!

JMR
12-15-2014, 06:00 PM
I would like to announce that our second dev blog will be coming very soon (read - this week)! For the blog we will be introducing the super awesome community lead from Area 52 Games! They will also be talking a bit about the studio and perhaps even showing off a new piece of content!

I look forward to this! I haven't heard of Area 52 games before. I am very interested in what they have to say, as well as see what this new piece of content is. Care to give us a slight clue? :cool:

CreamyBeef
12-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Please show a B&M coaster type track! I'm getting anxious :confused: In all seriousness, looking forward to it!

darkhorizon
12-15-2014, 06:30 PM
That would make it RCT 3, not RCT 3 World

It's not "RCT 3 World" to begin with, it's RCT World. :)

I certainly wouldn't mind a multiplayer component, if it was implemented logically and creatively. Their current explanation of it, ie. the four plots managed by four separate players connected via monorail sounds rather appealing to me personally... would be fun to create a "resort" of sorts akin to Disney World with a few of my friends.

I'm not sure if the "World" refers to the multiplayer aspect or just the idea of being immersed in the theme park experience in-game. Either way, I also hope that they give just as much attention to single player mode, because that will undoubtedly be what I play the most assuming I purchase the game.

Anyway, very excited for whatever updates are in store for us!

ncutt010
12-15-2014, 07:56 PM

Yep, I agree too. The multiplayer they've mentioned doesnt really seem like real multiplayer.

dwwilkin
12-15-2014, 08:47 PM
If you and Area 52 are going to include user made custom scenery, i would suggest just 1 sentence worth of mentioning that, or showing that content and a great many threads and posts will have had their answers, and we can get on with other things.

Many of the Peeps who have been out in the wind, the wilderness, these last years, will finally sleep at night :cool:

Taizen
12-16-2014, 12:50 PM
"perhaps even showing off a new piece of content!" I would sure hope so!

RCTLOVER
12-17-2014, 04:15 PM
The dropping of companies seems all to terribly familiar (ie. When EA dropped Quicklime[NFS creators]). At least with EA, they gave some sort of a reason behind it. All we've received from the transfer is that Area52 is great at making online games, which doesn't really seem to make any reason why a primarily-non online game like RCT would profit from it.

Just to re-touch on the whole company switching business:
As a developer myself [for games / mods for other games] who has created multi-million download content, team switching is one of the fastest ways to run everything into the ground. I'm speaking from experience on that one with one of my very popular projects. When a team switches, the new team doesn't necessarily have the same mindset, end goals and design concepts that the original had. They also may not understand the inner workings nearly as much as the recent team, causing it to turn into a completely different product. The problem with RCTW is, people were starting to be very happy with the product that Pipeworks was showing to the community and how they were involved. With that likely being thrown away, it doesn't look entirely promising for the future of this game.

Pipeworks could have just worked on the graphics and actual game, while Area 52 could just be working on the online part.

The Skipper
12-17-2014, 04:26 PM
It's not "RCT 3 World" to begin with, it's RCT World. :)

I certainly wouldn't mind a multiplayer component, if it was implemented logically and creatively. Their current explanation of it, ie. the four plots managed by four separate players connected via monorail sounds rather appealing to me personally... would be fun to create a "resort" of sorts akin to Disney World with a few of my friends.

I'm not sure if the "World" refers to the multiplayer aspect or just the idea of being immersed in the theme park experience in-game. Either way, I also hope that they give just as much attention to single player mode, because that will undoubtedly be what I play the most assuming I purchase the game.

Anyway, very excited for whatever updates are in store for us!

My bad, too used to typing RCT 3 I guess. The World, does refer to the multiplayer aspect as I understand it.

darkhorizon
12-17-2014, 05:31 PM
My bad, too used to typing RCT 3 I guess. The World, does refer to the multiplayer aspect as I understand it.

Okay, that's what I thought. Hmmm.

Even though I previously stated that I wouldn't mind the multiplayer component of the game if it was implemented logically, I still can't help but be annoyed at the fact that these days so many game developers/publishers are trying to "force" a multiplayer mode onto games which were originally intended to be single player. Some games are just meant to be single player, and there's nothing wrong with that... When you try too hard at implementing a multiplayer mode it's very likely you'll end up creating a disaster (not even gonna mention names here as we all know what game I'm referring to). But hey, if in the end it all works, fan-freaking-tastic!

I hope whatever updates they bring this week somewhat addresses this.

Liam.
12-17-2014, 07:36 PM
I'm staring at that giant heap lying just over there. Look, you can make out a charred SimCity just barely.

Don't add fire to the pyre. Online should be a feature, not a function.

Mattlab
12-17-2014, 10:20 PM
Our RCTW Area 52 Games Community Manager just posted a new Dev Blog! Check it out by clicking the following link http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/?p=898

Discussion Thread can be found HERE (http://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?384-Introduction-to-the-Community-Manager-at-Area-52-Games)

kjkj91
12-18-2014, 03:38 AM
Does anyone know where, or if it has been posted, where I can find SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS for the new RCTW ?

The Skipper
12-18-2014, 07:40 AM
Okay, that's what I thought. Hmmm.

Even though I previously stated that I wouldn't mind the multiplayer component of the game if it was implemented logically, I still can't help but be annoyed at the fact that these days so many game developers/publishers are trying to "force" a multiplayer mode onto games which were originally intended to be single player. Some games are just meant to be single player, and there's nothing wrong with that... When you try too hard at implementing a multiplayer mode it's very likely you'll end up creating a disaster (not even gonna mention names here as we all know what game I'm referring to). But hey, if in the end it all works, fan-freaking-tastic!

I hope whatever updates they bring this week somewhat addresses this.

From what I already know so far, it's a feature where four people can share a park in sections and bring them together. It;s not something you have to do to play if you tend toward the anti social :D Like someone in my messages has been doing, I thinksit's better to not over think or speculate on things yet to be seen.

MysteriousScaRe
12-18-2014, 10:38 AM
I can't wait anymore for the game.

BigDaddy
12-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Im really looking forward to the game, but as others have mentioned, something is not passing the smell test here. You dont simply change developers down the stretch if things are going well. You may bring in a partner or sister dev. studio to perhaps help specialize in one or two facets of the game, but even so, the original studio would still have much to do as crunch time is here.

The fact the Pipeworks also has removed all mention of this game from their website and social media is also very troubling, you simply dont do that if things are going well. Even if by chance their part of the design was/is done, you dont remove anything about the game from your sites, if anything you continue to brag and push and market the game. Its your baby.

Im just guessing, but being in the software industry for decades, what is happening here is not a good omen. Switching devs mid stream is risky, is often made due to desperation, and often leads to disaster and seeing that Pipeworks pulled ( or worse was made to pull) all mention of the RCTW is very troubling to me.

I'll continue to hope for the best, but Im planning to likely see the worst. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. The formula for making this game is so well spelled out at this point I hate to see this franchised ruined and lost for ever.

crick
12-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Shut up and take my money. Can't wait for RCTW! :)

iChase
12-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Im really looking forward to the game, but as others have mentioned, something is not passing the smell test here. You dont simply change developers down the stretch if things are going well. You may bring in a partner or sister dev. studio to perhaps help specialize in one or two facets of the game, but even so, the original studio would still have much to do as crunch time is here.

The fact the Pipeworks also has removed all mention of this game from their website and social media is also very troubling, you simply dont do that if things are going well. Even if by chance their part of the design was/is done, you dont remove anything about the game from your sites, if anything you continue to brag and push and market the game. Its your baby.

Im just guessing, but being in the software industry for decades, what is happening here is not a good omen. Switching devs mid stream is risky, is often made due to desperation, and often leads to disaster and seeing that Pipeworks pulled ( or worse was made to pull) all mention of the RCTW is very troubling to me.

I'll continue to hope for the best, but Im planning to likely see the worst. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. The formula for making this game is so well spelled out at this point I hate to see this franchised ruined and lost for ever.

I almost think the exact opposite. It seems possible Pipeworks wasn't the right fit for the game and rather than release a less than ideal product, Atari opted to a more suitable developer.

Granted, if this switch happened recently, which is kind of how it seems, I have to wonder how far along they are in development. Surely if it's slated for release in early 2015 there must be a substantial amount of progress. Then again, "Early 2015" is a conveniently loose term...

Park Inspector
12-18-2014, 11:34 PM
This. Is. Awesome. I cannot wait to start playing the new game.

RCTW1
12-20-2014, 06:55 PM
I almost think the exact opposite. It seems possible Pipeworks wasn't the right fit for the game and rather than release a less than ideal product, Atari opted to a more suitable developer.

Granted, if this switch happened recently, which is kind of how it seems, I have to wonder how far along they are in development. Surely if it's slated for release in early 2015 there must be a substantial amount of progress. Then again, "Early 2015" is a conveniently loose term...

I agree iChase. I believe it was a good move for Atari. As long as RCT World turns out pretty darn good, the timing of release doesn't bother me too much.

magicart87
12-21-2014, 01:42 PM
If this game succeeds, than Sony might push ahead with the planned RollerCoaster Tycoon movie!

Simfc2
12-28-2014, 08:31 AM
So excited....

alecover
12-30-2014, 07:04 AM
I'm soo excited! :-) Can't wait for RCTW

Hanazakari86
01-01-2015, 04:52 AM
What is Area 52?? And will it make the game heavy or just will improve the graphics???

LooseKid187
01-01-2015, 06:29 AM
" Area 52 Games is an interactive game studio focusing on free-to-play games for mobile and PC platforms in the Pacific Northwest."
was founded in 2013

http://www.area52games.com/

Fullmetal Maniac
01-07-2015, 05:27 PM
I am very exited for this! I hope its good :)

ErnieG014
01-07-2015, 11:52 PM
I for one am feeling a bit different, don't take this post as the wrong way - I'm still excited for this game. Though it all just looks.. sketchy.

I've definitely had my fair share of the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise - I've never played the first two games but did play RCT3 for a good 9 years. I've been apart of 3 RCT communities and am currently head of a growing community that features RCT as one of it's main simulations (www.thecreatorslounge.com) I've also created many pyro shows in RCT3, if you are interested you can check them out here: https://www.youtube.com/user/erniegonzalez1/videos

The interest for RCT3 was dying out and with that the communities were starting to lose it's numbers, vPyro.com one of the first RCT communities had to close it's doors back in September due to such low interest in the pyrotechnics side of RCT3. And along came RCTW, we were all excited!

I've created a new community which I have already mentioned to you and it's gaining popularity. ShyGuysWorld is another still active RCT community as-well. However, these seem to be the last two big communities for this wonderful franchise sadly. Why am I saying this? Because there's two groups that play the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise. There's Group A that plays it to manage their parks and just to have fun, then there's Group B.. they play it to make realistic and unbelievable concepts, rides, parks, and shows out of a 10 year old game. We know Atari can't please both groups, but it just seems a little sketchy with the announcement of RCTW and yet no gameplay videos or even an actual trailer yet.

The changing of the developers at the last minute is a bit nerve-wrecking as-well.. but I'm here to tell Atari to listen to their fans while this game is still in development. Pipeworks was reaching out to these communities and asking them what they would like to see in RCTW - it seems the ones that kept this RCT3 game alive were Group B. Don't you think Group B should get the simulation they've been trying to create with RCT3?

This isn't a rant, just sharing my feelings on how this new RCTW is shaping up to me. I noticed pre-orders are coming soon, but will you guys show gameplay first? I'd really like to see these new features that will really make this game the best RCT the series has to offer. Personally, I'm looking for a better RCT3 style type game, fitting to the Group B's choices rather than Group A's. But then again, that's just me.

Since I'm at it, I did have a couple of questions about RCTW. Will this game be fitting more to Group A or B? This is kind of the big question everyone is asking - before I pre-order or purchase the game, I'd like to know what audience it's suited for at-least. Also, will this new game feature a mixmaster type tool or Advanced Fireworks Editor like RCT3 did? I was really into the pyrotechnics side of RCT3 and noticed that not many people are discussing or asking about this for the new game.

Again, this isn't some rant - just sharing my thoughts. Either way I'm still excited to see how this turns out. It's been 11 years since we've had an actual sequel to RCT3, I'm hoping this can deliver.

JeremyCuddles
01-09-2015, 06:12 AM
I will poop my pants for some release date info. I want this game bad, haven't played Rollercoaster Tycoon since RCT2. I need it in my regular video game diet asap.

Indiglow
01-12-2015, 09:19 PM
Seriously? nothing today?

Wow

ExtraCheese
01-13-2015, 09:56 AM
This forum will bleed to death if area 52 isn't doing anything about it soon...

BigDaddy
01-13-2015, 12:55 PM
These guys are doing a bang up job of how not to do marketing and social media in the 21st century. You dont start a forum, invite everyone in, and only do a one time drive by give and take. Leaving the forum to then sit and die as you dont even bother to engage the customer and fans you invited in for almost a month. The same with facebook and twitter. I suspect they dont even have a community manager, and its just a task tacked on to someone elses overburdened job and thus it gets done when it gets done, which is basically how you DONT market a video game in the 21st century.

It amazes me, it really does. Do it right or don't do it at all.

Wabigbear
01-13-2015, 02:51 PM
Way back on November 17th, Pipeworks posted at SGW
"I've got about 15 screenshots that include ride spotlights (renders of rides that will be in the game), more concepts, renders of the characters that will appear in the game. Waiting on approval from Atari's marketing before I can release all those goodies. To answer the gameplay question, we're working on a trailer right now. "

That's almost TWO MONTHS ago. Surely Atari's marketing isn't THAT slow...is it?

If there was a problem with the game and you need more time, then say so. NO ONE wants a rushed game full of bugs. And I think everyone would be very understanding if it's to get a better product.

But communication is key, you can't just ignore everyone until it suits your agenda. One of Atari's biggest mistakes at their old forums with this community was to just ignore them. After the disaster their old forums turned into they are lucky to be getting a second chance with a lot of people, let's hope they don't blow it yet again.

CreamyBeef
01-13-2015, 05:10 PM
Agreed. Surely we should've had somekind of screenshots.

ErnieG014
01-13-2015, 07:17 PM
No, not screenshots - they need to release a GAMEPLAY trailer. If they are asking for pre-orders already, they should have released footage of their actual game before people start handing over their money.

This is common sense.

Danny
01-13-2015, 09:04 PM
And that's exactly why I am yet to commit to this product.

I made the mistake of backing TPS and that already had a variety of gameplay videos and screenshots out, so I certainly won't be venturing down this path completely blindfolded.

Indiglow
01-13-2015, 10:47 PM
Why is the marketing team so bad?

....or is there no marketing team?

Indiglow
01-13-2015, 10:49 PM
How can we be ready to ask for pre-orders yet have no updated screens or nothing?

You expect me to pre-order but give me almost nothing to base my decision off of? I'm completely in shock.

mb1.0.2
01-13-2015, 11:35 PM
Why are you shocked? This is Atari we're talking about here. The radio silence is deafening.

a-can-o-beans
01-14-2015, 01:11 AM
Atari , please show us some progress soon!!

dwwilkin
01-14-2015, 02:14 AM
Isn't this Atari a new Atari from that we knew of during RCT3?

I had read that Atari went bankrupt and was sold in the ten years since. Do I have that wrong? How many members of senior management remain from those last days when legal issues forced all parties to go silent and our favorite franchise suffered?

ExtraCheese
01-14-2015, 05:05 AM
Isn't this Atari a new Atari from that we knew of during RCT3?

I had read that Atari went bankrupt and was sold in the ten years since. Do I have that wrong? How many members of senior management remain from those last days when legal issues forced all parties to go silent and our favorite franchise suffered?

You're right. This should be a different Atari.
Atari was forced to sell a lot of its licenses and brand names. It was rumored that Rollercoaster Tycoon was for sale for $3.5 million. Nobody made an offer, so it remained with atari which emerged out of bankruptcy after a chapter 11 procedure in the USA.

MattZ
01-14-2015, 09:49 AM
This is not looking good

SparkyUK
01-14-2015, 10:55 AM
This forum will bleed to death if area 52 isn't doing anything about it soon...

It's pretty much dead anyway. I can't say I expected anything better. I've not visited in a while and when I logged on today, to see that nothing had changed, at all, I just thought: Meh. Typical.

I thought there was some new Community person that was supposed to be keeping things ticking along?

Indiglow
01-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Why so tight lipped?

I don't get it at all.

Is there some power struggle going on in the internal offices where they won't let anyone release anything at all?

...or is it because there isn't anything to release?

landmers
01-14-2015, 11:32 PM
There's a list on GameInformer's website that shows all of the upcoming video game release for 2015. RCTW is listed as no date set.

This is really sad. There should be more info than the one video and 5 screenshots. Build some hype! Do something.

Indiglow
01-15-2015, 12:54 AM
There's a list on GameInformer's website that shows all of the upcoming video game release for 2015. RCTW is listed as no date set.

This is really sad. There should be more info than the one video and 5 screenshots. Build some hype! Do something.

but....but....their website says EARLY 2015 (aka jan, feb, mar)

hahaha what a joke it's turning out to be

Cabey6
01-21-2015, 06:07 AM
Can't wait

PixelPlayer
01-21-2015, 09:15 AM
but....but....their website says EARLY 2015 (aka jan, feb, mar)

hahaha what a joke it's turning out to be

Because game informer is the go to place for the gaming community with its up to date and reliable information...said no one ever.

Hanazakari86
01-22-2015, 03:21 PM
I really hope we get many updates in the end of this month like in 28- 31 of Jan
or in the beginning of feb otherwise I will get it on august if it released that time
because I have to make a budget for traveling too
its too depressing,,,money and Time management

Danny
01-22-2015, 07:01 PM
I'm pretty confident we've had our update of the month. Time to ride it out until next month (if we're lucky).

a-can-o-beans
01-22-2015, 10:21 PM
Because game informer is the go to place for the gaming community with its up to date and reliable information...said no one ever.

says it on the rctw trailer as well.. so this is also coming from atari

EuroMaster2008
02-03-2015, 06:47 PM
I´ve pre-ordered my copy for the 30th of April.

CoasterCreator
02-05-2015, 02:35 PM
I´ve pre-ordered my copy for the 30th of April.

If that is correct, it looks like we have a date!

EuroMaster2008
02-07-2015, 01:29 PM
I hope so. This is the link to the German Store. Maybe the UK or US Store has it too.

http://www.amazon.de/Bandai-Namco-Entertainment-RollerCoaster-Tycoon/dp/B00SWEUHG8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423330141&sr=8-1&keywords=rollercoaster+tycoon+world