PDA

View Full Version : Just Wish It Wasn't So Cartoonish

jjmccrae
03-02-2015, 12:47 PM
The title says it all.

Had a closer look at the screenshots, somethings look great and other things look too cartoonish.

Even wish the people were more realistic and not like those in RCT3.

vilmer
03-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Theres an game called Coaster Park Tycoon, it will probably not be as cartoonish, you can buy that if you dont like the cartoonish style RCT has.

LooseKid187
03-02-2015, 01:25 PM
RCT just seems way more fun than the realistic graphics in theme park studios.

Sam223
03-02-2015, 01:28 PM
If you want realism,Nolimits will always be the best option. As its a program that can be suitably used by roller coaster manufacturers (and is),rather than a game.

k1ng r4t
03-02-2015, 01:56 PM
I'd say if you really want realism TPS is the best choice. Thrillville seems like a more...simplified realistic building program, whereas you literally design everything from the ground up in TPS, so how realistic you want it to be is really up to how much time you're willing to put in...

jjmccrae
03-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Theres an game called Coaster Park Tycoon, it will probably not be as cartoonish, you can buy that if you dont like the cartoonish style RCT has.

Yeah I'll look into that :roll eyes:

Just after 10 years you'd expect something like people to have progressed.
2010205 2015 204

VACkillers
03-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Rollercoaster Tycoon will always be catered to everyone which includes young children, and for the younger audience the cartoonish look will definitely appeal more to them and adds more to the fun factor as well. To get a realistic simulator though most likely going to have to wish for a new game to come out, I would actually love to see a more realistic RCT game myself as well but I never expected it to be that way with a new game.

This was done in 2011.... It was something I had wished RCTW would look sorta like, the next evolution if you will but I'm still not disappointed with what I've seen so far with RCTW though.

Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgyU22bU_xw)

k1ng r4t
03-02-2015, 02:22 PM
Well said VAC. Though that video looks like it could be done with Theme Park Studio. The coasters might not be quite as polished, but pretty close.

vilmer
03-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Yeah I'll look into that :roll eyes:

Just after 10 years you'd expect something like people to have progressed.
2010205 2015 204

People isnt the important thing in the game.

jjmccrae
03-02-2015, 02:51 PM
VAC that video is was pretty cool. Like you I love to see a more realistic version but dont have high hopes of that ever happening.

Vilmer, very true! Other half has been playing RCT3 for years, all his parks aren't open, mainly there for building and theming the park and not actually "playing".

RCM88x
03-02-2015, 02:51 PM
Game now a days are build to appeal to the biggest audience in order to get the biggest sales. Back in 1999 and even 2002, games had to be good in order to sell copies because advertising was so difficult. Now, with the internet, you dont need content or a good reputation to drive sales, on a title. Hence why every game is a sequel, they rake in the cash with minimal effort because fanboys drool over a stupid title.

vilmer
03-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Rollercoaster Tycoon will always be catered to everyone which includes young children, and for the younger audience the cartoonish look will definitely appeal more to them and adds more to the fun factor as well. To get a realistic simulator though most likely going to have to wish for a new game to come out, I would actually love to see a more realistic RCT game myself as well but I never expected it to be that way with a new game.

This was done in 2011.... It was something I had wished RCTW would look sorta like, the next evolution if you will but I'm still not disappointed with what I've seen so far with RCTW though.

Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgyU22bU_xw)

We havent got so much in game pictures of the coasters so they might looks something like that.

VACkillers
03-02-2015, 03:16 PM
That is very true vilmer. Just ready for a little more sharper graphics, just a tad more realistic, don't need to go overboard on the realism, just a little bit more would be nice but yes maybe they will look like that. Only time will tell!

RCTW1
03-02-2015, 07:52 PM
While it would be nice to have more realistic graphics, other factors such as great game play, lots of options, good AI, etc... are key components too. If you have great graphics but lack of other stuff, the game will still be a dud.

ddrplaya4638
03-02-2015, 08:58 PM
I like the look of RCT3 and RCTW personally. While yes I would like more realism in the mix it is most certainly better then anything I could create. I have a feeling that frontiers game is going to dwell into realism more then this game and that's okay with me. The cartoony look has its own character.

king_austin95
03-02-2015, 08:59 PM
i like the cartoony look but i respect y'alls opinions

Epic Wink
03-03-2015, 07:20 AM
Game now a days are build to appeal to the biggest audience in order to get the biggest sales. Back in 1999 and even 2002, games had to be good in order to sell copies because advertising was so difficult. Now, with the internet, you dont need content or a good reputation to drive sales, on a title. Hence why every game is a sequel, they rake in the cash with minimal effort because fanboys drool over a stupid title.

RollerCoaster Tycoon: World doesn't exactly incite appealing feelings in the current climate of online-based games. Yet here we are