PDA

View Full Version : RCTW - Mac Version

jjmccrae
03-01-2015, 09:00 AM
So I need to put it out there... do you think there's going to be a Mac version?

Given how popular Apple has become in the last 10 years, and now RCT has build a fan base since releasing RCT3 on Mac.

I for one hope so.

vilmer
03-01-2015, 09:03 AM
They have said on twitter a couple times that they planning to make pc version and might do other platforms later.

jjmccrae
03-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Thats interesting, I hadn't realised they had tweeted this. Pretty awesome if they do.

Epic Wink
03-03-2015, 07:07 AM

Given how popular Apple has become in the last 10 years, ...

Ummm...

Macs were more popular pre-Win95 than they are now?

kdorvil
09-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Ummm...

Macs were more popular pre-Win95 than they are now?
What are you talking about?! The gaming world for Mac has been its best these past few years. Ever since Macs started getting Intel they have been on an incline. More and more games are being released Win/Mac at launch (Telltale Games post Walking Dead, The Sims 3, Borderlands post 2, Portal 2, Civilization V, Cities: Skylines, Divinity Original Sin). And the timing between Win and Mac releases are getting smaller for those that aren't released simultaneously (The Sims 4, Bioshock Infinite, Civilization Beyond Earth, SimCity 2013 [rest its soul] to name a few). So I don't see how its popularity has dropped. This, of course, doesn't mean that they will release a Mac version, but for major simulation games, Mac's tend to get some love eventually. I do know for sure that a Mac version will not be released at launch. This most likely means that they will launch the Windows version with bugs (there's nothing they can do about that), and then work on fixing the launch bugs and THEN ask for a Porting company (probably Aspyr as they have done so in the past with RCT3) to START porting. So It could be anywhere from 3 months to a year later. Since it's not EA, we might get a quicker response though.