PDA

View Full Version : A concern with spline based coaster construction system

Underdisc
02-28-2015, 07:22 AM
From what I understand. there will be a new coaster construction system that will be spline based. I am very happy with this addition to the game, because it is something I have wanted for quite a while, yet I do have rather important concern.

In the spline based construction system, I think there should be a way to set parts of your track to be completely straight at an angle or horizontal. This feature would come into major use for chain lifts and break sections on the track. I am certain that you guys at Area 52 have already thought this out, but I am still wondering if you have taken the steps to make this possible.

Can't wait to see you guys at GDC.
Best of luck on the crunch :P.

vilmer
02-28-2015, 08:08 AM
I think they said in a blogpost that you will be avalible to use the RCT3 way of building coasters too, so i think you can build straight tracks

Underdisc
02-28-2015, 08:51 AM
I think they said in a blogpost that you will be avalible to use the RCT3 way of building coasters too, so i think you can build straight tracks

Yes, I am aware that we will be able to use the original system, but I am wondering if we will be able to build a straight track using the spline system.

vilmer
02-28-2015, 09:19 AM
Yes, I am aware that we will be able to use the original system, but I am wondering if we will be able to build a straight track using the spline system.

I think we only can make really straight tracks with the other editor but then you can probably change between both editors in one coaster.

LooseKid187
02-28-2015, 09:31 AM
Well in MS paint, if i select the line marking tool. And want a straight line, i hold the shift button. Could this technique be used in rctw??

Sorry for the childish reply but its really the only way i knew how to describe the what im saying lol

Sam223
02-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Looking forward to seeing the free node coaster system. Although i am sceptical having played NoLimits 1 and 2. Its going to be hard for them to find the right balance between basic with no tools (practically useless and impossible to achieve desired results) or overly complex with lots of tools (to difficult for average idiot to understand).

Underdisc
02-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Looking forward to seeing the free node coaster system. Although i am sceptical having played NoLimits 1 and 2. Its going to be hard for them to find the right balance between basic with no tools (practically useless and impossible to achieve desired results) or overly complex with lots of tools (to difficult for average idiot to understand).

Yeah, It will be, but I think whatever they currently have working should be simple to use. If it isn't, they wouldn't be following up on the franchise. The question is if they are going to have all of the required functionality behind that easy to use system.

Epic Wink
02-28-2015, 06:34 PM
Well in MS paint, if i select the line marking tool. And want a straight line, i hold the shift button. Could this technique be used in rctw??

Sorry for the childish reply but its really the only way i knew how to describe the what im saying lol

Not a childish reply. A great example. Also a good idea. Good enough to be in this (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/forumdisplay.php?3-Ideas-and-Feature-Requests) subforum.