PDA

View Full Version : RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog Post #4

Pages : [1] 2

Mattlab
02-27-2015, 08:54 PM
Discussion for the fourth production blog post on RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Dear RollerCoaster Tycoons,

This week we will be taking a slight detour in our production blogs to write a short pre-Game Developers Conference marketing update.

First, I would like to thank all of the fans who entered our Valentine’s Day sweepstakes led by our new Community Manager RCTCM (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?1891-Introduction-to-the-RCT-Community-Admin-for-Atari). The sweepstakes entries were true to the RCT spirit – both creative and hilarious. It serves to highlight the importance of being able to build what you want, and the incredible things fans have been able to do with custom scenery. Fan creations are one of the very reasons we have had many serious design discussions on how and when to implement custom scenery features, as discussed in our previous blog posts.

But enough about production! As mentioned in our last blog, Atari has been extremely busy getting ready for GDC, so we apologize for not being able to get a post out sooner. However, I am happy to share that we’re going to reveal our second trailer very soon! We wanted to make sure we continued the story that began in the first trailer, while also featuring gameplay footage in a way that only RCT can. We can’t wait to show you!

The second piece of news is with the launch of our trailer we will also be launching our official Steam and Atari.com product pages; once those go live we will share a note about the release date of the game. We know a lot of you have been asking about our release schedule, and we will be addressing that shortly. Our primary focus is and always has been making sure we release the best possible game. We have exacting standards - RCTW must stay true to the franchise, be of AAA quality, and please our most dedicated fans, along with those who have yet to discover the magic of RCT.

I would like to take this time to ask all fans reading this blog that once the Steam page goes live to make sure to add the game to your Steam Wishlist and Follow the game. This is incredibly important to us as it allows us to not only communicate with you all automatically (most news will be posted there as well) but shows us and our partners the strength of the fan base. It takes two seconds for anyone to do and gives us, as well as you, a ton of value.

Lastly, as many of you have noticed, a few of our partners (particularly in retail) have already launched their product pages and in fact have shown a cool new piece of marketing material that I would like to officially share with you all. Below you will find the official reveal of the box cover for RollerCoaster Tycoon World. What’s special about this box cover is that it was designed almost entirely using models and art assets from the game. That means that a lot of what you see there will be available in the final game!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/RollerCoaster-Tycoon-World-Box-Art1.jpg (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/RollerCoaster-Tycoon-World-Box-Art1.jpg)

Box Cover Art from RollerCoaster Tycoon World!

NEXT TIME:
Tune in next week for a special GDC edition of our Production blog where we will have screenshots, news, and more ;) Remember to also check Steam once we announce the launch of the Steam page and Community Hub. Lastly, as always, join our forums and talk with our developers and producers about the game! Even though we can’t always confirm things when we see them, many of your ideas and feature requests are making it into the game and likely will be featured in a Production blog when the time is right.

Cheers,
Mattlab
Executive Producer
TEAM RCTW

Fuzzfinger
02-27-2015, 08:58 PM
Cool, how come GDC have no idea that Atari are coming though? :-D

unclekrusty
02-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Good news indeed. I'll be sure to put RCTW at the top of my wishlist once the Steam page is up.

jsqualls14
02-27-2015, 09:12 PM
When is the thing on steam gonna be up, do you know?

Angel
02-27-2015, 09:16 PM
Again a blog full of promises. Make it happen, Atari, make good on those promises. Then and only then will I add the game to my Steam wishlist.

jsqualls14
02-27-2015, 09:17 PM
also will the supports be relatively the same?

sanctus
02-27-2015, 09:18 PM
Need to see that trailer as soon as posible :D

sanctus
02-27-2015, 09:23 PM
It's not very important but, it would be more realistic if peoples hair moved in roller coasters and all rides... just saying xd

LooseKid187
02-27-2015, 09:48 PM
Cant wait for the GDC, is there a date we can roughly expect the steam producte page to go live?

AFKELLOGG
02-27-2015, 10:03 PM
Is United States getting a retail version Roller Coaster Tycoon World?

mb1.0.2
02-27-2015, 10:50 PM
Hardly a developer's "blog." Whatever you have planned for GDC must be effing AMAZING...as you've (Atari) have shafted the community you set up SO HARD lately.

king_austin95
02-27-2015, 10:50 PM
Is United States getting a retail version Roller Coaster Tycoon World?

i really want to know this too. i hope so.

king_austin95
02-27-2015, 10:53 PM
if we don't have Steam will we still be able to see the information you put on the page here? i would hope so. It would be terrible if you neglected those of us who don't have Steam. We are all equal

king_austin95
02-27-2015, 10:54 PM
can you say approximately how long the trailer will be?
more than a minute long hopefully.
hopefully its a few minutes long. i can't wait

ddrplaya4638
02-27-2015, 11:20 PM
If only you could have answered are question about the lack of conformation about Atari attending GDC. Or our questions about the coasters themselves...

lohansony
02-27-2015, 11:47 PM
Thanks for sharing so much information on the game in this update after 3 weeks of waiting! :D

Just kidding.... But it bothers me they speak of GDC when they aren't even scheduled as an exhibit there...?

Also, thanks for sharing the picture we've already been looking at for a week or two.

I really hope by "next week" you mean 7 days from now, not 21.

Mattlab
02-27-2015, 11:50 PM
if we don't have Steam will we still be able to see the information you put on the page here? i would hope so. It would be terrible if you neglected those of us who don't have Steam. We are all equal

Yes we will continue to post in both places - the same news! Our community is of paramount importance!

Luigiben
02-27-2015, 11:56 PM
Ugg! I wish this game was coming out for mac!:(:(

Nickster
02-27-2015, 11:58 PM
Edit: Good post Matt! Thanks for the confirmation of custom scenery support! Excited to see the GDC trailer :D

king_austin95
02-28-2015, 12:09 AM
Yes we will continue to post in both places - the same news! Our community is of paramount importance!

thank you for the reply. sounds awesome

VACkillers
02-28-2015, 12:19 AM
thanks for the new blog. Its quite interesting to read that as matt talks about the GDC stuff along with the steam page and a new trailer! really exciting stuff i hope soon means in a couple days lol...

This should put to bed all the nay Sayers that were worried about the game. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new trailer though especially if it's got actual gameplay footage in it as well that should really be awesome to see! The steam store page also looking forward to as I'm sure there will be a lot of forum activity going on soon as that goes live! I think a lot of people will be putting this on their steam watch and wishlists so no worries about that mattlab.

I just really appreciate the update, I hope it does start to get a little more regular.

damien
02-28-2015, 12:34 AM
yes we will continue to post in both places - the same news! Our community is of paramount importance!

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Indiglow
02-28-2015, 12:59 AM

Comedy Gold
10/10 would read again

darkhorizon
02-28-2015, 01:45 AM
I had a feeling they were just going to "officially" show us the box art... the box art that we have seen already for a few days.

Nothing new... at all. Yawn.

a-can-o-beans
02-28-2015, 01:50 AM
I had a feeling they were just going to "officially" show us the box art... the box art that we have seen already for a few days.

Nothing new... at all. Yawn.

agreed. this is the worst devblog of them all

king_austin95
02-28-2015, 02:52 AM
agreed. this is the worst devblog of them all

actually he said there's a trailer coming soon with actual gameplay. that's new. to me. can't wait for it :)

king_austin95
02-28-2015, 02:56 AM
i don't like how he skipped the question about if there will be a US retail release. seriously? just answer the question. yes or no. hopefully yes.
also he could've at least gave an estimate about how long the trailer will be. then again, maybe he doesn't know yet. :/

lohansony
02-28-2015, 03:04 AM
I'm sure there will be a US release. Lol. Isn't atari a primarily American company?

MuntantmonsterX
02-28-2015, 03:47 AM
When is the thing on steam gonna be up, do you know?

When the trailers released

ExtraCheese
02-28-2015, 04:25 AM
Well the only thing this 'production' blog reveals is that Atari is attending GDC (???), they will reveal more stuff next week (suuure) and that publication date is revealed 'soon'.

This lack of communication and big words has made me very sceptical. As long with the kick in our face with this box art which everybody has already seen a week ago.

Thanks anyway for giving us some sort of life sign Matt, this actually gives me hope the game will ever be released :)

Scapton
02-28-2015, 05:51 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums! :P Came to just say how much I am looking forward to this game, but Mattlab, I think there are a few questions the community really wanted answering this week. Namely was the number of coaster types available within RCTW. In the last blog post there were over 20 people asking this question and it seems to have been glanced over. Worrying that we don't have a concrete answer on this.

But that being said, awesome news to hear about custom scenery! Can't wait for the steam page to go live and the new trailer. The box art looks fantastic. Atari, I hope you are being true to your word and using in game assets for the cover. With RCTW, no limits 2, frontiers new game, screamride, Theme park studio and parkitect I expect there to be some fierce competition. RCTW needs to be #1!

So next week at GDC i have RCTW news to look forward to and whatever valve announces. What a good time to be a PC gamer :D

Knobs
02-28-2015, 06:42 AM
Alllriiight, there is life at atari ! Good good.
Hardly a dev blog, but any news at this point is good.

So 1 new trailer, and some screenshots coming ahead. GREAT. Finally.
I had this thingling sense that they would wait untill upcoming GDC for the first real official marketing package. Seems legit enough.
-1 on the lack of waterparks. ( probably going to be DLC )
Altough +1 on the support the community. Big fail Atari. Big fail.

Oh boy, they sure know how to make a fan clamped on their pc, refreshing pages for more news.
Please be the RCT we all want. Oh please.

And89
02-28-2015, 07:07 AM
Thanks to the new post! I look forward to the trailer!

RCTFan
02-28-2015, 07:21 AM
Yeah, thanks! I can not wait to see the trailer!

sam_93
02-28-2015, 07:23 AM
Thank you for the update! The box art looks amazing, I love how you've stayed true to the image of the other games. Looks like a modernized version of the original RCT art work.

I will look forward to the next blog post! :D

coaster6
02-28-2015, 07:59 AM
I'm speechless. You still don't have another screenshot?

timtimmy
02-28-2015, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the update, Mattlab!

I'm so excited for this game! :D

Sandsh8rk
02-28-2015, 08:43 AM
Looks promising now...I still have some of my doubts but I hope I will be proved wrong. :)

Jamppa158
02-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the post! Can't wait for next week.

Chazzagm93
02-28-2015, 09:18 AM
I knew they would show the box art of the game as the only bit of media in blog post #4

Fed up with this game now.

LooseKid187
02-28-2015, 09:27 AM
Do you like Grand Theft Auto?

How did you feel between November 2011 and 2013? Did you buy gtav upon its release? I only ask this because, how the hell did you survive 2 years with no info on a game yet its only been 3 weeks of non here? They are not required by law to release infomation, they do it when they see fit to release said infomation.

if you dont like GTA (why?), be thankful we are not made to wait months or even years for any little bit of infomation. We know quite abit from the released blogs and that amazon leak.

Smile, be happy, happy that we are actually getting a new rct game, the franchise didnt die. Lets just be happy about that yes?

Chazzagm93
02-28-2015, 09:37 AM

How did you feel between November 2011 and 2013? Did you buy gtav upon its release? I only ask this because, how the hell did you survive 2 years with no info on a game yet its only been 3 weeks of non here? They are not required by law to release infomation, they do it when they see fit to release said infomation.

if you dont like GTA (why?), be thankful we are not made to wait months or even years for any little bit of infomation. We know quite abit from the released blogs and that amazon leak.

Smile, be happy, happy that we are actually getting a new rct game, the franchise didnt die. Lets just be happy about that yes?

GTA is a game I didn't need to know information about as I wasn't bothered when it was released, when I was getting interested about GTA there was enough information for me. Plus I didn't play this game on PC I had GTA ON xbox360 & the new one on Xbox one.

Why show a piece of media (box art) which everyone has seen, that's my point I'm not being unhappy I'm just annoyed we get a box art we've all seen.

LooseKid187
02-28-2015, 09:41 AM
I understand you fustration. Dont get me wrong, but is 3 weeks of no info, really that bad? It could be so much worse. We could still know nothing exept a 2 second in game trailer ending. When ever GDC is. I really hope that blows the lid off this place. I wanna see the roof lift with the screams of rct fans. Server meltdown.

Oh and btw xbone sucks haha ps4 all the way :P

Chazzagm93
02-28-2015, 09:50 AM
I understand you fustration. Dont get me wrong, but is 3 weeks of no info, really that bad? It could be so much worse. We could still know nothing exept a 2 second in game trailer ending. When ever GDC is. I really hope that blows the lid off this place. I wanna see the roof lift with the screams of rct fans. Server meltdown.

Yeah I admit it could be a lot worse but to keep a community interested you should interact more with the fans, Matlab new we had seen the box art in a thread that someone posted the amazon picture box art we asked him not to post it in he's next blogpost but I guess that's the reason he blanked us cause he did lol

And yeah this GDC I hope will send us all in excitement hopefully the new trailer gives us more detail, hopefully also a release date ;)

And each to our own but xbox is better ;p haha

CoasterKing84
02-28-2015, 10:10 AM
I am extremely wowed by this blog, hardly. The artwork has been seen already. The whole GDC talk though, I seriously question due to the fact it has been brought to our attention that Atari nor Area 52 are even on the list, but yet he keeps mentioning it. Maybe they are surprise guests to the conference! Hahahahahahaha

LooseKid187
02-28-2015, 10:28 AM
The one thing i liked from the blog post today was when matt said the box art was created with mostly in game content. It looks amazing. Before that i just though atari payed a guy to design it.. you know because.. atari.. has a guy. Everyone has "a guy" lol

I had the 360 it was awesome. Had the ps3 mainly for bluray

Brought the xbone and then the ps4.. the xbone became a paper weight lol

Coaster_Rider
02-28-2015, 10:33 AM
How will custom scenery importing in RCTW compare with other games like Theme Park Studio or No Limits 2? Will we be able to create custom flat rides in the game?

king_austin95
02-28-2015, 10:49 AM
The one thing i liked from the blog post today was when matt said the box art was created with mostly in game content. It looks amazing. Before that i just though atari payed a guy to design it.. you know because.. atari.. has a guy. Everyone has "a guy" lol

I had the 360 it was awesome. Had the ps3 mainly for bluray

Brought the xbone and then the ps4.. the xbone became a paper weight lol

i agree with you. except for one thing. I'm a Nintendo/Mario fanboy and prefer my Wii U to any stupid Xbox or PlayStation console. :p but to each his/her own.

garretslarrity
02-28-2015, 11:43 AM
So do you guys plan on the crashing the party at GDC?

jackk
02-28-2015, 12:19 PM
OMG this is the ****test blog ever. WOW a trailer is coming.. like we didn't know that already, pretty standard lmfao.

BYE

Hanazakari86
02-28-2015, 12:59 PM
cannot wait for the trailer and the game's screenshots,
and what does GDC mean??

arnaudober
02-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Games Developers Conference. ;)

a-can-o-beans
02-28-2015, 01:07 PM
i agree with you. Except for one thing. I'm a nintendo/mario fanboy and prefer my wii u to any stupid xbox or playstation console. :p but to each his/her own.

pc master race!!

darkhorizon
02-28-2015, 01:15 PM

I mainly think it's the fact that they are still sticking with their "early 2015" release date. If the game was scheduled for release until, let's say, 2016, then the lack of information wouldn't be so frustrating.

Moreover, they specifically invited their fanbase to these forums, promising to interact with the community and provide us consistent information about the game. It's not really the lack of information, at this point...it's the fact that claimed they would interact with the community (and not just Mattlab, but Dre_Roberts and RCTCTCTCM (sp?)), and they have failed to deliver on their part.

Don't say you'll do something and not do it. That goes for everything in life.

I will say, however, that even though the "blog" was nothing but empty statements, it was nice to at least hear from them. Then again, it was clearly rushed just to keep the community entertained with a new blog post. Let's hope that their GDC presentation (that they are still adamant about attending) is everything we've all been hoping for. I really am excited for a new RCT game, so I'm trying to stay optimistic with Atari. This may or may not end up biting me in the butt later. :)

mb1.0.2
02-28-2015, 02:21 PM
Not to mention there are other theme park sims being developed out there (that shall go nameless so this isn't deleted) where the developers DO interact with their community on (at least) a weekly basis. You'd think if you're directly competing with them, you'd be involved in your community the same way.

Xenocorpse
02-28-2015, 02:25 PM
I would like to remind everyone about the purpose of re-showing the box art. Other retailers had already put up their sales page, but Atari never "officially announced" the box art. Until now. You should be more mad about the fact that it took them ages to tell us that they were waiting to show everything during GDC. Not the fact that we have another image repeat. The image repeat was just an official post of the box art in high definition and not on Amazon or any other sales site/program.

Indiglow
02-28-2015, 02:37 PM
I know someone who helps manage the GDC and Atari is not officially on the list at ALL.

If you want proof:

http://schedule.gdconf.com/list

Cntrl + F and search Atari. Nothing. Search RCTW or anything. Nothing. Not a single scheduled speaker, not a single scheduled exhibit.

If they are there, it's only to show up as fans and try to talk to someone, but they don't have a single booth/event or anything going on.

I think we're being lied to again.

Proof: not on the booth list at all

All
Company Booth
#SwissGames PL320/PL318/PL421/PL419
10-20 Media, Inc. PL203
1st Playable Productions PL4/PL304
3DRudder 143
4J Studios Ltd 1238
6waves 636
9M Interactive 1616
A Fox Wot I Drew Ltd 1238
A-onesoft 117
Aarki 137
Abertay University 1238
ABRAKAM 512
Abstract Tinker 231
Academy of Art University 402
ACAPELA GROUP 512
ACE EdVenture Studio 235
ACE Team 231
AD VERBUM 2042
Ad4Game Ireland Limited 2235
Adcash 2419
ADIA Entertainment Ltd. 1644
AdMaster 2204
Adways Inc. 2409
Adya Technologies Inc. 134
AESVI 702
AgeCheq 1844
Airpush 2401
Akamai Technologies Inc. 2310
Alderac Entertainment Group / Rho Sigma PL322
Allegorithmic 212
Amazon Mobile Ad Network 2429
AMD HQ BMR2837/BMR2835/BMR2833
American Express OPEN 232
Amnesia Games 231
Antagonist PL418
apelab PL421
App Annie 1438
Appier 641
AppJolt 2202
AppLift 2341
Apportable, Inc. 1218
Appsaholic 2337
AppsFlyer 830
Appsquare PL215
aristocrat CC2320
ARM 1624
Arxan 536
Audiokinetic 836
Auro Technologies NV 741
Autodesk BMR2630

Notice there is NO Atari and NO Area52

However, FRONTIER will be there.....LMAO

02-28-2015, 03:52 PM
Are my eyes making up stuff or is there a water slide next to the woodie coaster station 😨. Does that mean ....does that mean what I think it means?

P.S. Why are people so negative in these forums, by the way. There's so much hate. Chill out. They are actually releasing little bits of info here and there. They can't release everything at once, but everything will be out in the open eventually. I thought this blog post was great, because I didn't know most of the things they mentioned.

king_austin95
02-28-2015, 04:11 PM
pc master race!!

huh.......?

king_austin95
02-28-2015, 04:15 PM
I know someone who helps manage the GDC and Atari is not officially on the list at ALL.

If you want proof:

Cntrl + F and search Atari. Nothing. Search RCTW or anything. Nothing. Not a single scheduled speaker, not a single scheduled exhibit.

If they are there, it's only to show up as fans and try to talk to someone, but they don't have a single booth/event or anything going on.

All
Company Booth
10-20 Media, Inc. PL203
3DRudder 143
4J Studios Ltd 1238
6waves 636
9M Interactive 1616
A-onesoft 117
Aarki 137
Abertay University 1238
ABRAKAM 512
Abstract Tinker 231
ACAPELA GROUP 512
ACE EdVenture Studio 235
ACE Team 231
AD VERBUM 2042
Adcash 2419
AdMaster 2204
Adways Inc. 2409
AESVI 702
AgeCheq 1844
Airpush 2401
Allegorithmic 212
Amnesia Games 231
Antagonist PL418
apelab PL421
App Annie 1438
Appier 641
AppJolt 2202
AppLift 2341
Apportable, Inc. 1218
Appsaholic 2337
AppsFlyer 830
Appsquare PL215
aristocrat CC2320
ARM 1624
Arxan 536
Audiokinetic 836
Auro Technologies NV 741
Autodesk BMR2630

does Nintendo go to GDC, or just E3?

Indiglow
02-28-2015, 04:26 PM
Nintendo does go and will be there

Nintendo BMR2742/BMR2738/BMR2732

PixelPlayer
02-28-2015, 04:29 PM

RCT is on the verge of release, GTA showed loads on their verge of release. They also showed tons of confirmed features even if there was no screenshots. So either you didn't follow GTA's build up - there were tons of information.

a-can-o-beans
02-28-2015, 04:44 PM
huh.......?

you guys where talking about the xbone and ps4. and i chimed in and said i have the best of all a PC lol

CreamyBeef
02-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Yus! Hype train is going.

mb1.0.2
02-28-2015, 05:36 PM
About that box art (that isn't a new image)...those supports are crap. Just like the awful toothpick supports of RCT3. Congrats on creating box art used from in-game assets, boo to making the same looking supports we had 10 years ago. The worst part is that with a spline-based building system, I think it could be EXTREMELY difficult to create custom supports. Gross...

coaster6
02-28-2015, 06:19 PM
If there's amything of importance in this its that there's slides!

Epic Wink
02-28-2015, 06:28 PM
you guys where talking about the xbone and ps4. and i chimed in and said i have the best of all a PC lol

While the XBox One and the PS4 aren't as good as the PC, they have the best graphical quality per dollar ratio.

Anyway, off-topic. I agree that this dev blog post didn't really have any development insight, this forum community needed to fed something. Also, I'm not sure, but I thought I read that these were fortnightly posts. In any case, GDC is less than a fortnight away, so the next should be sooner than that.

Coaster_Rider
02-28-2015, 06:53 PM
Atari or Area52 the developers of RCTW are not on the GDC exhibitors list http://www.gdconf.com/expo/exhibitorlist.html why if they are going to be there?

Coaster_Rider
02-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Just another ploy by them once again. Is RCTW real or just a bunch of hype?

Indiglow
02-28-2015, 07:03 PM
I told you they are not attending GDC as an exhibit but ONLY as fans....

the fact that they are acting like they are going there and going to release information about this game but really have no booth or exhibit or anything is just flat out lying. It's really sad.

Nickster
02-28-2015, 08:26 PM
About that box art (that isn't a new image)...those supports are crap. Just like the awful toothpick supports of RCT3. Congrats on creating box art used from in-game assets, boo to making the same looking supports we had 10 years ago. The worst part is that with a spline-based building system, I think it could be EXTREMELY difficult to create custom supports. Gross...

I agree those supports are ugly. But this could be just the concept box art.

LooseKid187
02-28-2015, 09:11 PM
RCT is on the verge of release, GTA showed loads on their verge of release. They also showed tons of confirmed features even if there was no screenshots. So either you didn't follow GTA's build up - there were tons of information.

Lol really? What happened after rockstar released the first trailer in 2011? Nothing. For over a years, there was no info. Once "game informer" did their usual Grand theft auto preview, thats when the info started flowing.

k1ng r4t
02-28-2015, 09:20 PM
Don't worry Area 52, not everyone is "fed up" over nothing and I whole heartedly support you guys taking as much time as you need to make the best theme park sim ever known to man. I understand how hectic it is to be a GD and all the red tape you have to go through. All I ask is you don't stress over so many demands and do the best job with RCTW you possibly can.

Thank you for the information you've given us so far and I can't wait to see more! Really excited for the Steam page too.

king_austin95
02-28-2015, 09:34 PM

lol. i was talking about wii u. THEY were talking about xbone and ps4. but ok lol.

king_austin95
02-28-2015, 09:37 PM
Nintendo does go and will be there

Nintendo BMR2742/BMR2738/BMR2732

do they usually show off anything like trailers for games and stuff? they save up most of their stuff to reveal @ e3. because e3 is the biggest game conference of the year

Indiglow
02-28-2015, 09:55 PM
do they usually show off anything like trailers for games and stuff? they save up most of their stuff to reveal @ e3. because e3 is the biggest game conference of the year

They actually have playable games and such. They are trying to push their game purchasing online with the Wii U and stuff. Sort of like the Xbox marketplace but for Wii.

They usually have a pretty good booth and demo.

jackk
02-28-2015, 09:57 PM
Where is the water slide??

Thompso
02-28-2015, 11:34 PM
YES!!!

I see two water slides, they look just like rtc3. Waaay at the far right. One is blue and gold, tbe other terqouse.

CoasterKing84
02-28-2015, 11:50 PM

If you want proof:

All
Company Booth
10-20 Media, Inc. PL203
3DRudder 143
4J Studios Ltd 1238
6waves 636
9M Interactive 1616
A-onesoft 117
Aarki 137
Abertay University 1238
ABRAKAM 512
Abstract Tinker 231
ACAPELA GROUP 512
ACE EdVenture Studio 235
ACE Team 231
AD VERBUM 2042
Adcash 2419
AdMaster 2204
Adways Inc. 2409
AESVI 702
AgeCheq 1844
Airpush 2401
Allegorithmic 212
Amnesia Games 231
Antagonist PL418
apelab PL421
App Annie 1438
Appier 641
AppJolt 2202
AppLift 2341
Apportable, Inc. 1218
Appsaholic 2337
AppsFlyer 830
Appsquare PL215
aristocrat CC2320
ARM 1624
Arxan 536
Audiokinetic 836
Auro Technologies NV 741
Autodesk BMR2630

Wow is all I can say to that!!

Wayne
03-01-2015, 12:30 AM
Amazing!! Can't wait!

k1ng r4t
03-01-2015, 12:45 AM
YES!!!

I see two water slides, they look just like rtc3. Waaay at the far right. One is blue and gold, tbe other terqouse.

I must be blind cause I do not see any water slides on the right side. However in the bottom left I see what looks like a water ride, so that's a good a sign at least.

Beyond Infinity
03-01-2015, 02:01 AM
Look very closely right below the N of the title, Find and Look at the park entrance and move your eyes very slowly to the left. There you will see what appears to be a funnel water slide in purple/gold and a greenish slide.

k1ng r4t
03-01-2015, 03:42 AM
Look very closely right below the N of the title, Find and Look at the park entrance and move your eyes very slowly to the left. There you will see what appears to be a funnel water slide in purple/gold and a greenish slide.

Ah I did notice that, I think it's possibly a normal ride though, hard to say at this point. I was looking for something on the right side of the picture

Indiglow
03-01-2015, 03:44 AM
It's not a water slide in my opinion. It's just a scenery item on top of a shop.

Or it's a more advanced slide:

louis581
03-01-2015, 06:28 AM
About that GDC?

Maybe they're holding a side event or even a closed event nearby (as in; not for the big public)?
Like they did wit PAX when the trailer and some 'reviews' were released?
(That way they can give a conference for invited people only?)

Frank
03-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Not so mutch information about the game....

Hanazakari86
03-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Are my eyes making up stuff or is there a water slide next to the woodie coaster station ��. Does that mean ....does that mean what I think it means?

P.S. Why are people so negative in these forums, by the way. There's so much hate. Chill out. They are actually releasing little bits of info here and there. They can't release everything at once, but everything will be out in the open eventually. I thought this blog post was great, because I didn't know most of the things they mentioned.

ooh my god its right,,I have seen something like the juicer behind the logo !!!
I agree with you regarding the hate that is spreading in this forum
I don't know why they are impatient
life has much surprises!!!

lordflip
03-01-2015, 01:28 PM
i don't like how he skipped the question about if there will be a US retail release. seriously? just answer the question. yes or no. hopefully yes.

He can't give you a confirmation on something that hasn't been decided yet.

AtiTech
03-01-2015, 01:58 PM
Not attending to GDC xD maybe they do a flashmob or try to get some attention in some manner without the cost of a booth haha :-)
And yes this blog .... no comment only WTF this is no production blog this is a announcement that they gone make a new post lol well at least it's a sign of life

k1ng r4t
03-01-2015, 02:57 PM

Thank you. But be careful with those words, they're also very sensitive and get angrier if you point it out.

I still don't think it's a water slide though. I think the bottom left corner is the closest thing to a water slide on the cover.

ExtraCheese
03-01-2015, 03:04 PM
I hope a lot becomes clearer next week when Atari / Area 52 is not attending GDC, but Matt promised us more information and screenshots.

Hanazakari86
03-01-2015, 03:08 PM
Thank you. But be careful with those words, they're also very sensitive and get angrier if you point it out.

I still don't think it's a water slide though. I think the bottom left corner is the closest thing to a water slide on the cover.

its look like a juicer (same as the one in RCT3) to me !!
if you focused on the pipe behind the logo

k1ng r4t
03-01-2015, 04:10 PM
I can't wait till next week when Atari/A52 do have a presentation at GDC and suddenly I see a dozen foots being shoved into a dozen mouthes. Oh, and for more information too. I agree it's odd they aren't on the list, but I truly don't think they'd tell us about it multiple times if it wasn't happening. We don't know the full story so we simply can't assume anything. Unless one of you personally manages the GDC, your claims are just blind assumptions.

Whoever mentioned they're probably having a small, invite only conference is very possibly right. That would make plenty of sense actually. The fact Frontier is on the list is also very interesting, I wonder if it's some sort of copy right or agreement thing. Yes I know Frontier has it's own games on the way. But there's a lot of behind the scenes red tape with copyright issues that pretty much never make sense. Apple and Samsung are great examples.

Another theory is that Valve is on the list and the devs keep talking about their big Steam unveil page, so maybe it's simply a Valve presentation of upcoming Steam games from indie developers who couldn't afford their own booth. Just a thought...

Or you guys are right and they'll have a bathroom attendant set up in the men's room handing out flyers that explain how Steam's wishlist works.

k1ng r4t
03-01-2015, 04:12 PM
its look like a juicer (same as the one in RCT3) to me !!
if you focused on the pipe behind the logo

I don't know what juicers you've been using but if they look like that I want one.

king_austin95
03-01-2015, 04:36 PM
He can't give you a confirmation on something that hasn't been decided yet.

i know. i'm just saying

Indiglow
03-01-2015, 06:27 PM
I can't wait till next week when Atari/A52 do have a presentation at GDC and suddenly I see a dozen foots being shoved into a dozen mouthes. Oh, and for more information too. I agree it's odd they aren't on the list, but I truly don't think they'd tell us about it multiple times if it wasn't happening. We don't know the full story so we simply can't assume anything. Unless one of you personally manages the GDC, your claims are just blind assumptions.

Whoever mentioned they're probably having a small, invite only conference is very possibly right. That would make plenty of sense actually. The fact Frontier is on the list is also very interesting, I wonder if it's some sort of copy right or agreement thing. Yes I know Frontier has it's own games on the way. But there's a lot of behind the scenes red tape with copyright issues that pretty much never make sense. Apple and Samsung are great examples.

Another theory is that Valve is on the list and the devs keep talking about their big Steam unveil page, so maybe it's simply a Valve presentation of upcoming Steam games from indie developers who couldn't afford their own booth. Just a thought...

Or you guys are right and they'll have a bathroom attendant set up in the men's room handing out flyers that explain how Steam's wishlist works.

But I've already specifically said one of the managers at the GDC said they are not on the list at all.

AND, there is an attachment of a conversation with the GDC themselves where they say "They are not on the list so they may be attending as fans".

warly
03-02-2015, 03:42 AM
But I've already specifically said one of the managers at the GDC said they are not on the list at all.

AND, there is an attachment of a conversation with the GDC themselves where they say "They are not on the list so they may be attending as fans".

who cares? they said they will announce/publish/show us sth during the GDC. Whether they attend or not really doesn't matter except in case you are at the GDC looking for them.

Hanazakari86
03-02-2015, 05:24 AM
I don't know what juicers you've been using but if they look like that I want one.

this is an example 203
this slide in RCT3 called juicer
in some waterparks they are called dark cyclone

Themeparkmaster
03-02-2015, 08:16 AM
I think you should show it to me slowly more images from the game and not just only one picture. So the fans lose something the loss from pursuing all on. Since Frontiers was better and not so stingy with pictures and videos. Rather than approximately every 2 weeks to publish a new Dev.Blog want more information Ingame see pictures, watch videos and also the in-game menu, the fans of the RCT series. So finally shows more photos and videos. It is slowly time.

ExtraCheese
03-02-2015, 10:35 AM
I think you should show it to me slowly more images from the game and not just only one picture. So the fans lose something the loss from pursuing all on. Since Frontiers was better and not so stingy with pictures and videos. Rather than approximately every 2 weeks to publish a new Dev.Blog want more information Ingame see pictures, watch videos and also the in-game menu, the fans of the RCT series. So finally shows more photos and videos. It is slowly time.

wut? You used google translate I guess? Anyway, you are right that we need more pics, but they promised us more now during the GDC.

CaseyCBeard
03-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Not to mention there are other theme park sims being developed out there (that shall go nameless so this isn't deleted) where the developers DO interact with their community on (at least) a weekly basis. You'd think if you're directly competing with them, you'd be involved in your community the same way.

Maybe they feel there is not other competition.....

Sam223
03-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Maybe they feel there is not other competition.....

I doubt it,otherwise why would they bother going to GDC if they thought they had the market cornered.

k1ng r4t
03-02-2015, 01:49 PM
Maybe they're confident enough to think the market is cornered and just want to unveil RCTW.

And just like warly said, who cares? If they promised us they'll be there, that's good enough for me. There are plenty of ways they can present vicariously without "being on the list."

Indiglow
03-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Maybe they're confident enough to think the market is cornered and just want to unveil RCTW.

And just like warly said, who cares? If they promised us they'll be there, that's good enough for me. There are plenty of ways they can present vicariously without "being on the list."

And guess who's not at the GDC right now?

DragonHuntah
03-02-2015, 05:23 PM
And guess who's not at the GDC right now?

Dude relex... they have a week,

chriss85
03-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Yeah Steam :)

Gadget9_LGK
03-02-2015, 05:41 PM
And guess who's not at the GDC right now?Me :rolleyes:

II guess that if they said that they will be over there,they will... it couldn't be a lie !I really hope atari will share real stuff!!! I can't wait !!!

k1ng r4t
03-03-2015, 12:22 AM
Me :rolleyes:

II guess that if they said that they will be over there,they will... it couldn't be a lie !I really hope atari will share real stuff!!! I can't wait !!!

Ahh so jealous!!!

Indiglow
03-03-2015, 01:55 AM
1 day down, 4 more to go. No sign of them at GDC thus far.

Nagta
03-03-2015, 04:19 AM
They should check Riot games as a model exemplar for interacting with fans.

When they don't have the info/or the information is confidential, they simply say "Sorry, we're not yet ready to discuss that information"
If they have the information, they tell us instaneously.

I'm pretty damn sure Atari isn't such a small company, as well as area 52 lacking people to communicate with the fans. Can't they just even clarify if they're coming to GDC or not?

Wayne
03-03-2015, 09:19 AM
Are you people serious right now? Just sit back and calm down. They will show more info when they show it....geez.

k1ng r4t
03-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Is there a way to block users? I'm really tired of reading the pure negativity coming from some of these people. It's best if I don't see it at all...

k1ng r4t
03-03-2015, 03:15 PM
They should check Riot games as a model exemplar for interacting with fans.

When they don't have the info/or the information is confidential, they simply say "Sorry, we're not yet ready to discuss that information"
If they have the information, they tell us instaneously.

I'm pretty damn sure Atari isn't such a small company, as well as area 52 lacking people to communicate with the fans. Can't they just even clarify if they're coming to GDC or not?

They literally just 4 days ago told us what they've been working on and future plans.

"The second piece of news is with the launch of our trailer we will also be launching our official Steam and Atari.com product pages; once those go live we will share a note about the release date of the game. We know a lot of you have been asking about our release schedule, and we will be addressing that shortly."

"Tune in next week for a special GDC edition of our Production blog where we will have screenshots, news, and more"

" Even though we can’t always confirm things when we see them, many of your ideas and feature requests are making it into the game and likely will be featured in a Production blog when the time is right."

Blog post 4

coaster6
03-03-2015, 04:24 PM
They literally just 4 days ago told us what they've been working on and future plans.

"The second piece of news is with the launch of our trailer we will also be launching our official Steam and Atari.com product pages; once those go live we will share a note about the release date of the game. We know a lot of you have been asking about our release schedule, and we will be addressing that shortly."

"Tune in next week for a special GDC edition of our Production blog where we will have screenshots, news, and more"

" Even though we can’t always confirm things when we see them, many of your ideas and feature requests are making it into the game and likely will be featured in a Production blog when the time is right."

Blog post 4 thank you. We need more positivity.

Wayne
03-03-2015, 04:58 PM
I am totally pumped and ready for whatever they post or show!! I'm just 100% happy they are making a RCT game again. I thought the days were done after RCT3. I'm excited! Woo!

Ultramankiller
03-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Is there a way to block users? I'm really tired of reading the pure negativity coming from some of these people. It's best if I don't see it at all...

I would love if this was an option so I wouldn't have to see another one of your posts. Most of your posts either involve saying something negative about others or about kissing ass and acting like you care the company more for them than their game. If you can't understand the frustration that people are experiencing then why comment badly about people? I love RCT and have sense I was a kid and have high expectations for this. You can't get mad at me or others if they are disappointed because they can't provide simple information like other companies do.

ExtraCheese
03-03-2015, 05:46 PM
I would love if this was an option so I wouldn't have to see another one of your posts. Most of your posts either involve saying something negative about others or about kissing ass and acting like you care the company more for them than their game. If you can't understand the frustration that people are experiencing then why comment badly about people? I love RCT and have sense I was a kid and have high expectations for this. You can't get mad at me or others if they are disappointed because they can't provide simple information like other companies do.

Word. If you want a forum which consists purely out of positive comments I suggest you visit the My Little Pony forums.

Space Cops
03-03-2015, 06:44 PM
you would be surprised how negative they are actually
I got banned in one hour for posting a picture of a dog wearing a horse head mask

Nickster
03-03-2015, 07:25 PM
HaHa, thanks for the good laugh, still pumped about the next blog though!

tycoon
03-03-2015, 07:58 PM

click on a person's name, view profile, then 'add to ignore list'

Xenocorpse
03-03-2015, 08:05 PM
There is definately negativity, but not just because we all want to be ****s about it. We are criticizing how they are operating things and we are also concerned that they aren't even on the list at GDC. I feel that they waited until GDC to unveil their new information like every other company out there, but they aren't actually attending the conference. I think they'll just release the information here, possibly at the steam booth, or on the Steam page. (Whenever it goes up...)

darkhorizon
03-03-2015, 08:21 PM
What someone may see as "negative", someone else will see as a valid concern. We all have a reasoning behind how we feel.

I don't see how announcing to everyone that you will be adding any user who is being "negative" to your ignore list will help make the situation any more positive.

k1ng r4t
03-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Oh I actually wasn't announcing it I was genuinely asking. So worry not RCT comrades, this will all be but a dream soon enough...definitely take the blue pill btw.

Future RCT
03-03-2015, 09:30 PM
k1ngr4t I agree with you on the negativity in this forum. I'm no longer going to be an active participant in this community because of the toxic environment and users who act like children, to put it nicely. I'm just going to be coming here for the updates from now on.

Indiglow
03-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Day 2 and nothing. No sign of them at the GDC at all.

Here's hoping we hear something - only 3 days left.

coaster6
03-03-2015, 11:11 PM
Sigh o rctw where are you?

CoasterKing84
03-03-2015, 11:18 PM
word. If you want a forum which consists purely out of positive comments i suggest you visit the my little pony forums.

lmao that was funny but true

a-can-o-beans
03-04-2015, 02:24 AM
Word. If you want a forum which consists purely out of positive comments I suggest you visit the My Little Pony forums.

or theme park studio. you are not aloud to be negative there lol

LooseKid187
03-04-2015, 04:21 AM

Booted for criticized haha love it!

jey224
03-04-2015, 08:43 AM
I must say that with the huge difference there is in this community, every single one of us has a heart for the game, and the debates originating from those differences are both interesting and amusing. I know that not all arguements are constructed very well and that some of them might be concidered childish, but that shows how much emotion we have and that this community has a good connection with the game.

Whether the game is comming soon or late, if there will be curved paths or not, or if they are going to release the trailer this week or next week, it doesnt matter. We all love the game and they know we do, so a game will come. Every day I hop on here and I am glad to see the active discussion going on.

As for the information not comming, the "negativity" and the lack of communication from their side, I must say that it doesnt ruin the fun craving for information on this game, on the contrary, it adds to the fun. Every time I get information I am glad to see it and the possitive and criticizing comments make me even more happy for the game. I don't mind waiting, but of course I rather have all the information as soon as possible.

I am sure this post will not change a lot on the hostile behaviour from some, but I don't want it to. I hope that everyone realises we all love the game of anticipating for RCTW and being busy with forming our own opinion, otherwise we wouldnt be here.

We all share something, and have a lot of differences, embrace the game ;)

readsalottoo
03-04-2015, 10:21 AM
I must say that with the huge difference there is in this community, every single one of us has a heart for the game, and the debates originating from those differences are both interesting and amusing. I know that not all arguements are constructed very well and that some of them might be concidered childish, but that shows how much emotion we have and that this community has a good connection with the game.

Whether the game is comming soon or late, if there will be curved paths or not, or if they are going to release the trailer this week or next week, it doesnt matter. We all love the game and they know we do, so a game will come. Every day I hop on here and I am glad to see the active discussion going on.

As for the information not comming, the "negativity" and the lack of communication from their side, I must say that it doesnt ruin the fun craving for information on this game, on the contrary, it adds to the fun. Every time I get information I am glad to see it and the possitive and criticizing comments make me even more happy for the game. I don't mind waiting, but of course I rather have all the information as soon as possible.

I am sure this post will not change a lot on the hostile behaviour from some, but I don't want it to. I hope that everyone realises we all love the game of anticipating for RCTW and being busy with forming our own opinion, otherwise we wouldnt be here.

Thank you for that!

Hanazakari86
03-04-2015, 12:04 PM

loved your words
you are right and I strongly agree with you :) ;)

intoxination
03-04-2015, 12:12 PM

I was an early backer there and got threatened with being banned just for posting about a minor bug and talking about how to work around it. This forum is much more welcoming, and I didn't have to pay $60 for that.

a-can-o-beans
03-04-2015, 01:23 PM
I was an early backer there and got threatened with being banned just for posting about a minor bug and talking about how to work around it. This forum is much more welcoming, and I didn't have to pay $60 for that.

i was banned for a week because i said the sound design in game was mediocre and that there were ( and still are) some nasty bugs that stop me from creating more coasters.

Nemmie
03-04-2015, 01:30 PM
There is a lot of negativity on these boards.
I'm frustrated at the approach Atari are taking too. We all need to take a step back though. what incentive will Atari have to listen to us if we can't communicate in a level manner?
I think they're a tad, let's say, deranged for their current strategy when compared to other companies in this day and age. But that is up to them. We can stamp our feet as much as we like, it won't change anything. They've given us a voice. They can choose whether to listen.
I don't think any of this negativity is born out of spite. It's a franchise that a lot of us care for on a personal level and are desperate for them to get right.
Don't forget, we're a diverse bunch, separated by age, nationality and culture so things will get taken out of context sometimes by someone that someone else has said. But, we're all on the same page. We all want a decent successor to RCT3.
And so does Atari. Not only financially. After the court case and financial disaster they suffered the last couple of years, they have a lot riding on this title so I'm sure they want to release a fantastic product.

So let's see what comes. If we don't like it, no one is forcing us to buy it. There are other options in this sector now and more on the way. Atari knows that.

I hope we're all chugging down a massive piece of humble pie in a few months but we'll have to wait and see.

RCTW1
03-04-2015, 01:42 PM
I was stupid for being an early backer for TPS. :( :(. Hopefully I learned my lesson.

Nickster
03-04-2015, 03:36 PM
What Nemmie said, I just want a fantastic game that lives up to rct3, I don't want the game to release and for people to be like, welp going back to rct3.

k1ng r4t
03-04-2015, 03:38 PM

Also love this. But don't worry, a lot of that hostility will die down, because a lot of it was me calling out certain people and their retaliation. I decided to just hide these people now and only want to focus on the positive side of RCTW. Otherwise I agree 3,000,000% Thank you for being a clear voice of reason

k1ng r4t
03-04-2015, 03:40 PM
i was banned for a week because i said the sound design in game was mediocre and that there were ( and still are) some nasty bugs that stop me from creating more coasters.

That's crazy. Fascist forums right there!

RCTW1
03-04-2015, 05:07 PM
While the release date doesn't bother me, just the lack of communication from Atari/Area 52 does.

Space Cops
03-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Just would like to point out that GDC this year as been odd. a few things have been announced without even being scheduled. I wouldnt be surprised if the same is being done with RCTW

sanctus
03-04-2015, 06:17 PM
Hope this Friday there will be some news.

Nagta
03-05-2015, 03:42 AM
Forums are meant for discussions and civil arguments. Yeah, there are some people complaining blindly, but the forum should be open for all discussions from different point of views, whether they're criticisms or compliments.

'ban all d negativity cuz-' No. Forums weren't meant for 'praise the devs'. It was meant for discussions. They need to see the criticisms the fans are giving, and they're given because we want the game to be better. Of course, us saying "giv inf0 giv inf0" won't change anything, but more interaction will increase reliability and demand for the game.

I know they said they're preparing for GDC, but they aren't listed on the exhibition list. They could at least clarify, and that's all I want. Clear information given instead of vague statements. I just hope to see this game go well, but they've at least got to give some credit to the supporters who are likely to purchase the game.

I'm complaining now, but I'm just excited for the game. I'd just be happy to see some info released on the next dev post. - this may be too much for the devs, but there's always room for improvement.

bctrainers
03-05-2015, 04:28 AM
Forums are meant for discussions and civil arguments. Yeah, there are some people complaining blindly, but the forum should be open for all discussions from different point of views, whether they're criticisms or compliments.

'ban all d negativity cuz-' No. Forums weren't meant for 'praise the devs'. It was meant for discussions. They need to see the criticisms the fans are giving, and they're given because we want the game to be better. Of course, us saying "giv inf0 giv inf0" won't change anything, but more interaction will increase reliability and demand for the game.

<snip>
My personal moderation policy on these forums: Allow constructive criticism, be it positive or negative - it allows for good debates. Now, what doesn't fly with me: someone attacking another person (or a group of people) rather the argument. In which, that does fall under the rule violations here on the forums. As for the other people with moderation rights, I can't speak for them. :)

edit; I'm one of the few people on these forums that indeed does review everything posted. In the month of release of RCTW, if these forums get really active - i won't be able to do that, and it'll become best effort moderation. :(

ExtraCheese
03-05-2015, 05:19 AM
My personal moderation policy on these forums: Allow constructive criticism, be it positive or negative - it allows for good debates. Now, what doesn't fly with me: someone attacking another person (or a group of people) rather the argument. In which, that does fall under the rule violations here on the forums. As for the other people with moderation rights, I can't speak for them. :)

edit; I'm one of the few people on these forums that indeed does review everything posted. In the month of release of RCTW, if these forums get really active - i won't be able to do that, and it'll become best effort moderation. :(

And that is exactly how it should be! A forum should be used for discussion, positive and negative! Personal attacks shouldn't be allowed by anyone.

damien
03-05-2015, 06:31 AM
The big irony here is that the conversation of policing the forums and being nice, has only arisen due to the lack of content that we have to discuss about the game. Give us a trailer or a picture that hasn't been floating around the internet for weeks and maybe we won't be clutching at straws to talk about....

Wayne
03-05-2015, 08:57 AM
I agree with you all. This is why we have forums is to talk and have heated debates/discussions, but the best ones are those that are kept civil. So far this has been the best forum for this kinda stuff. Great community we have here for sure.

coaster6
03-05-2015, 09:12 AM
The problem being is that we were promised Atari would show off something and we've haven't heard a peep. The arguments on this post are ridiculous. I still haven't seen a valid argument becuase we haven't seen anything new. I dot. Think that dev blog showed up anything new. Cross you're fingers for this firday.

Moonlapse
03-05-2015, 11:13 AM
Sorry if I've missed this info though the posts...

So GDC finishes tomorrow, can we expect the RCTW GDC content to be available then or shortly after?

ExtraCheese
03-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Sorry if I've missed this info though the posts...

So GDC finishes tomorrow, can we expect the RCTW GDC content to be available then or shortly after?

Yes, previous blog posts were on Friday and the GDC also ends on friday. Mattlab promised us information during / after GDC, so a blog post tomorrow would be possible. However, don't count on it for 100%.

SadRCTFan
03-05-2015, 01:28 PM
I have just seen the brief trailer for the RCT World Gameplay.. and while it's still too early to determine weather or not this game will be promising and fulfilling. I can definitely say that by what HAS been released, I will be spectating other customers playing the game via YouTube as I feel all the hype for this game was completely misguided.

I will NOT invest how ever much this game goes on sale for and will be placing my bet that Frontiers game in 2016 will outshine this tragic effort of an "upgrade" from Rollercoaster Tycoon 3.

I think this game will do great for a newer generation of RCT players and that's great and jolly for them.
For fans of the PC trilogy that have been around.. I see nothing but a disappointment.

I am not here looking for people to side with me or pick at what I'm saying.. More so to express my disappointment in what has been revealed only a short time ago and the anticipation I had for what I thought would be a game derived of what the fans wanted.

So here I rest my case. Good luck to whoever sticks around for this.

a-can-o-beans
03-05-2015, 01:32 PM
I have just seen the brief trailer for the RCT World Gameplay.. and while it's still too early to determine weather or not this game will be promising and fulfilling. I can definitely say that by what HAS been released, I will be spectating other customers playing the game via YouTube as I feel all the hype for this game was completely misguided.

I will NOT invest how ever much this game goes on sale for and will be placing my bet that Frontiers game in 2016 will outshine this tragic effort of an "upgrade" from Rollercoaster Tycoon 3.

I think this game will do great for a newer generation of RCT players and that's great and jolly for them.
For fans of the PC trilogy that have been around.. I see nothing but a disappointment.

I am not here looking for people to side with me or pick at what I'm saying.. More so to express my disappointment in what has been revealed only a short time ago and the anticipation I had for what I thought would be a game derived of what the fans wanted.

So here I rest my case. Good luck to whoever sticks around for this.

i agree.. i will still be sticking around but am NOT buying this game... until i see the improvements i and many other people will want.

intoxination
03-05-2015, 01:51 PM
RCTW is now listed on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/282560/

sanctus
03-05-2015, 02:01 PM
I can't believe the video like wtf looks like an renovated rct3 it's not what I was expecting so disappointed…

TOM SERVO
03-05-2015, 02:05 PM
I was really hopeful for this however looks like I'll be going elsewhere for my roller coaster/theme park fix!

Daphnir
03-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Seriously, that's it the new roller tycoon coaster.... I am so much disappointed.... So much... Hopefully Frontier does better...

Hanazakari86
03-05-2015, 02:11 PM
it doesn't look like the screen shots
soo shocked and disappointed!!
but this may be just a video and the graphics of the game itself maybe better.

kukamonda
03-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Goodbye Atari... hopefully we will never see a game from you again :D

darkhorizon
03-05-2015, 02:30 PM
I love how Mattlab said that when you play the two games (RCT3 and RCTW), there is a distinct graphical difference.

Um, clearly this is not the case. The previous screenshots have stuff like depth of field, godrays, pretty lighting and shadowing...

Obviously these screens were highly edited after the fact. That, IMO, is deceptive marketing. The actual game looks nothing like those screens.

And so many were wondering why a lot of us were being so skeptical. This is exactly why.

Oh well, my dreams for an amazing new RCT game has just been crushed. I'm not sure if they will be able to recover from this.

Aaronroberts
03-05-2015, 02:34 PM
Pasting my comment from FB.

I don't think the graphics are bad per se~ because you have to take into account that the more you build, the slower your computer is going to get, but hey, maybe everyone who has mentioned the graphics are just spoilt kids whose parents bought their really expensive computer for them, I don't think the graphics are bad, I think the STYLE is wrong.
The peep at the end "Very Impressed Peep"
VDF = Very Dissapointed Fanbase

Everything we've seen so far seems to look themed to something, you have that Rocket Tower instead of a proper freefall tower, that Barn thing on fire... why fire? why the barn? this trailer shows a whole construction thing... get rid of it, it looks ugly, also the whole monorail thing is not a good idea, people don't want monorails to link parks, sharing parks with friends should be done by sending a file, or a simple icon on the page, not some monorail, what if I don't want a monorail and want to create a beach / pier theme park?
Also that wooden roller coaster on the screenshot you showed that looked so incredibly horrible.

Lastly, the paths... people did alot of custom content for RCT3 with parks to hide the horrible squares and make them more rounded, I dont see that here, the roller coaster at 49 seconds looks weird... fix the paths, even Zoo Tycoon 2 had better paths, and thats just as old as RCT3, You're suppose to be going forward, don't go backwards like The Sims 4.

Personally, what I'd do now is go back and think about the stuff people want, you can have realism and have fun with it too, I'd make the graphics a bit better (I know I mentioned gfx and pc's getting slower) but to a point where you have a peep at the end of your video, and his shirt texture has a REALLY low quality texture on it, even the presentation is sloppy... make peeps a little more realistic (if possible)
get rid of that wooden coaster structure, it looks horrible, look at REAL roller coasters for ideas on the way they look, another thing that bugged me was the lift hill, If I'm being honest, with this game being "social" and the whole construction thing looking like RCT4 (which in my honest opinion doesn't deserve the RCT4 name) It looks like its trying to be a 3D port of the mobile game, which no one likes, you'll get a few that dissagree with me who probably play things like farmville, but you need to go back to the routes.

So, A little more realistic, keep it fun with coasters crashing (or drowning) give us a few wacky things, but keep things more generic.
Its off the scale wacky at the moment, YOU said that you were reaching out to your fanbase with the whole blog thing, and facebook, SO DO THAT. read ALL the comments on this thread, and pick out things from what EVERYONE is saying.

ALSO Matt Lab, maybe you want to post in this thread a bit more to show people you're taking things onboard

Nickster
03-05-2015, 02:35 PM
Great job on those toothpick supports guys! I could literally make toothpick supports in 3dsmax in less than 30min. Cylinder, square on top and the bottom. That's literly all they did. I'm so disappointed, if this is what it will look like, and not screenshots on steam I'll be going back to rct3 and nl2 and will be buying frontiers insted.

Phanatic
03-05-2015, 02:37 PM
I'm glad people around here are starting to realize the graphics are incredibly aweful (especially for a PC game in 2015). RCT3 with custom scenery looks better then this trash.

Aaronroberts
03-05-2015, 02:45 PM
I'm glad people around here are starting to realize the graphics are incredibly aweful (especially for a PC game in 2015). RCT3 with custom scenery looks better then this trash.

What sort of PC games?

mb1.0.2
03-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Ha...there. There. I rest my case. That trailer is a failure (I'm a poet and I didn't even know it). That looks WORSE than RCT3. So terrible. I don't care if you have a node-based, spline-based coaster building system; when your coasters look like hot garbage and every ride around it looks terrible, too....nope. Atari, Area52, you won't be seeing a cent of my hard-earned money. Maybe in a few years when the community has made the game you were SUPPOSED to make. Good god...you do know what year this is, right? Ha. Even for a simulation game this is atrocious. Geeze. I hope the market you're catering to can get their mommies and daddies to fork over whatever you're charging because as an adult, I have no desire to play that.

Rocknroller
03-05-2015, 03:14 PM
wtf are those fake rails and supports and pathes and pre customised rides and... and ... and...! there are no shadows casted and no AA in some ingame shots...look like they put this togheter quickly... look like a smartphone game too ... for this type of graphics, System requierements make me laugh :)

Beside this, the only incredible thing in this video is the real life captured video at the begining and the the end ..' (before that disgusting peep of course)

IMO roller coaster and amusment park fan with big knowledges about that shoud make this type of game...

some materials looks good tho

Disappointed :(

warly
03-05-2015, 03:31 PM
..at least we got our info during the gdc ;)

and for the trailer: most disappointing trailer in like forever. the park looks more empty and unthemed than any carnival out there. no terraforming, no theming, giant tarmac squares arround rides, silly rollercoasters. That. is. so. sad.
But hey, Frontier did it right once, they will do it right another time. 2016-style.

iChase
03-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Just watched the trailer on Steam. I truly can't believe they released something that god-awful. I'm actually embarrassed for them. If the goal is selling copies of RCTW, they are failing big time. This is turning out exactly as I had expected. This is just a shameless cash grab by Atari by capitalizing on the name and fan base of the RCT franchise.

Start doing the math: think about the way Atari has treated us, their fans. Now look at the trailer they just released. It kind of makes you feel like a sucker. Now would be a good time to abandon ship and put our eggs in Frontier's basket. Maybe their game won't be a blatant piece of garbage.

RCTLOVER
03-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Im very scared according to the trailer, but I think that I can still have hope for this...

GoobyPls
03-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Just... wow. Can't believe what i just saw. This looks like Rollercoaster Tycoon 2,5, not even on par with RCT3 :eek:
Well... Goodbye RCTW Forums, Frontier show us what you are capable of in 2016 ;)

Scapton
03-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Good god Atari!!?! Ho..Why?... I have so many confused emotions and questions right now. Listen to your freaking fan base for god sake. I saw this trailer on YouTube and tried to convince myself that "oh look some kid has made a fake RCTW trailer with RCT3 assets" but no. Then I see it appear on the steam launch page. I have no true words to say how I feel about this. Just some points to think about.

The graphics look on par / worse than RCT3... just process that for a second. 12 years has passed since the last game. Now we all know that graphics are not a big issue but this genuinely looks like a 3D mobile game port! "Using only in game assets for the front cover!" MY ASS YOU HAVE! I think it makes perfect sense why there was such confusion over your GDC showing. You are worried about what people will think of the game. Right, rant over let's throw a slice of reality into the mix.

The trailer itself is what stands out to me as being the worst part of this reveal. Not only is the an extremely poorly edited trailer (as seen by the Gaussian burr put over the roller coasters to hide how awful they look and 2D typeface literally stuck on the footage)It looks like it has been put together by college students during their lunch break. I'm sorry but it does. I genuinely can't believe this isn't a fan made trailer, my god.

Sorry to express my anger at this. I just hope it is a hiccup in production. Knowing Atari they will come out and say it was a leaked alpha trailer from 6 months ago or something and try to reassure its fans. How about you take a hint and LISTEN to all the negative criticism you are getting from this. Finally I don't even care if this game is delayed for another year. As long as it is better than it looks now great. But for now I will not be following the project on steam until someone comes out with some answers or vast changes are made.

Regards (I guess),

A disgruntled fan of Roller coaster tycoon.

damien
03-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Ok, I watched the trailer and was shocked and disappointed. Then I waited a while, and went back and rewatched the trailer with my expectations lowered x1000, and it wasn't too bad!

Still shocked the trailer shows a completely flat park. For so much emphasis on terraforming, its completely flat!
I think ill stick to RCT3 for a while.

Thompso
03-05-2015, 04:03 PM
OMG it's soooooo bad.

RCT3 is 3x better. I will be waiting for Frontier Coaster Park Tycoon 2016:mad:

tycoon
03-05-2015, 04:05 PM
i agree with the general consensus that the trailer is disappointing.

however, another thing i find disappointing is the fact that once again, you cannot seem to stay out in front of the media / release of information about the game... last week the screen shot is leaked by amazon. well someone had to give it to them in the first place... you could have very well posted it here at the same time you distributed it to vendors... this week the trailer mysteriously appears on youtube and is posted here BY THE FANS, NOT YOU. the same trailer appears on steam with one new screen shot... ALL OF THIS IS UNDER YOUR DIRECT CONTROL, yet it doesn't occur to anybody at atari to go ahead and post it here first? you would build good will with the fan base if you're more open and actually interact with the community, but it really has the semblance that you simply cannot be bothered. it really makes me wonder why i bother to follow this forum, as atari obviously is not and does not seem to place much value on it whatsoever.

RCTLOVER
03-05-2015, 04:09 PM
I also wanted to say that everything seems like its going really fast...I hope thats just in fast motion. But Atari I love you soo much...but you completely screwed up unless you can explain that there is a better version.

I just found out about a Frontier game, and I'm gonna see what that brings up in the upcoming year and what RCT also brings us. I still believe that this could be a good game, so get back to work...you have ALOT to work on. ;)

Silvarret
03-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Nearly everyone I've seen is mad about this video. I think it's a mixed bag. I see some potential and good looking things, and of course it's still a WIP, but then again. The fountains look terrible. The supports are too thin, are textureless and have no shadows. They didn't even seem to get their framerate right, it drops during the video. But there are also things in this trailer that make me want to play this game.

I'm conflicted about it, but still hopeful. I don't think everyone should be so negative. I'll still wait for the release and buy it for myself to see how good or bad it really is.

Wachterbahn
03-05-2015, 04:26 PM
in my opinion, it looks like a re-make of theme park world on windows 98...

...i mean, are the screenshots from 2014 and the trailer from 2015 the same game?
because it doesn't looks so...

magicart87
03-05-2015, 05:15 PM
I fold! I wash my hands of you Atari!

That trailer was pure crap. And here I was thinking RCT3 was pretty bad...then you guys go and created a mobile version that was more or less technicolor vomitous and now THIS monstrosity. Thanks for listening to our input!? Atari what happened to you?

I hate to say it but for the first time in forever it looks like I will not be ordering another RCT platform. A giant crash and burn of a once golden franchise. Shame.

Thompso
03-05-2015, 05:16 PM
Why do all of the screen shots look good, but the game trailer looks so bad in motion?

magicart87
03-05-2015, 05:17 PM
OMG it's soooooo bad.

RCT3 is 3x better. I will be waiting for Frontier Coaster Park Tycoon 2016:mad:

Couldn't find a LIKE button. But yeah...THIS! I'm disappointed.

magicart87
03-05-2015, 05:23 PM
What Nemmie said, I just want a fantastic game that lives up to rct3, I don't want the game to release and for people to be like, welp going back to rct3.

I think MOST people want a fantastic game that lives up to it's namesake. RCT3 was not GREAT it was just Good. To constantly compare (And this is for everyone) To constantly compare this game to THAT isn't something we should be doing. We should be evaluating it on it's own merits and flaws. Why must we settle for RCT3 2.0?

DeliciousOatmeal
03-05-2015, 05:29 PM
I hope that whatever computer recorded the trailer was just not good enough to turn the graphics to max. The screenshots look great, but the trailer... not so much. I still have hope for this game though.

Knobs
03-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Ouch. Ouch .. ouch...
What the hell is this!?
Is this the game where i refreshed the forums for like 10 times a day ?
Now i get it, i wouldn't post anything if i was atari.... Scared of people not wanting to buy it after they've seen it lol ...

Damn, another dream broke. Pffff.

bluebynight
03-05-2015, 05:43 PM
What on Gods green earth did I just watch?!? Almost as disturbing as the graphics and lack of scenery/terrain, are the disgusting "Fictional" goofy rides. I HATE THIS. Give us a damn Carousel, Scrambler and a bunch of normal REAL flat rides. I hate this themed crap. ALSO those Roller Coaster supports??....i puked in my mouth a little just now...

:RCTW!!! the sequel to SIM THEME PARK... (LOL) what is life? 229

Crawling-Flesh
03-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Hi guys.
I've been looking at these forums since a few month, reading the dev blogs and your messages. I agree that the communication was far from perfect but I didn't want to really make my mind until more news would show up.

I just watched the trailer on steam and I'm very disappointed :(

These path edges... (http://puu.sh/gnZQg/0615a6a5a0.png)

The toothpick supports (http://puu.sh/gnZWW/3402d04394.png)

The Low def Textures (http://puu.sh/go021/ae3cd8ea78.png)

I still have a little bit of hope. Maybe someone like Mattlab will explain that the trailer was shot from a low end computer or minimum graphics to improve the framerate.

But I won't pre-order the game as I thought I would :/

ManiaMaster
03-05-2015, 06:42 PM
"Realistic Physics":
- the monorail rushes in the station 50 m/s, stops INSTANTLY - everyone is now dead.
- the coaster has NO BANKED CURVES, is way to fast and absolutely unsmooth
- was that green track section a boost for chrissake ? GET OUT OF TOWN !

"Terraforming" :
-Just as I had feared, the ground is completely flat. terraforming consists of playicng generic rock formations on a flat piece of cardboard.

"great variety in coasters":
-still only the ONE track type showed. I think it's safe to say that it will stay that way.

Also:
-no shadows
-cartoony air lines on the carousel
-no stall is connected to the paths
-peeps stand akwardly in the middle of the path in a STRAIGHT line
-the "mointain" is just overlapping with the path

The peep at the end mirrors my reaction to the trailer perfectly
What a waste of time :D

Brad210
03-05-2015, 06:52 PM
"Realistic Physics":
- the monorail rushes in the station 50 m/s, stops INSTANTLY - everyone is now dead.
- the coaster has NO BANKED CURVES, is way to fast and absolutely unsmooth
- was that green track section a boost for chrissake ? GET OUT OF TOWN !

"Terraforming" :
-Just as I had feared, the ground is completely flat. terraforming consists of playicng generic rock formations on a flat piece of cardboard.

"great variety in coasters":
-still only the ONE track type showed. I think it's safe to say that it will stay that way.

Also:
-no shadows
-cartoony air lines on the carousel
-no stall is connected to the paths
-peeps stand akwardly in the middle of the path in a STRAIGHT line
-the "mointain" is just overlapping with the path

The peep at the end mirrors my reaction to the trailer perfectly
What a waste of time :D

That green bar on the coaster, is for the crash team racing mode of the game.... errrr;

That said, that game does look better than this one...actually maybe I'm being unfair, graphically they are about equal.:rolleyes:

mboninco
03-05-2015, 06:59 PM
I'm guessing that the game is probably not tuned for performance yet and they reduced the quality to get the frame rate for the video.
There was different levels of quality in the various scenes. Some had no shadows, some with shadows from the scenery only, and one or two where all the peeps had shadows.

Did you notice the release data of mid 2015. Given the screen shots we've seen so far, I would expect better graphics from in game by the time it is released.

By biggest gripe is the mixing in of real world video. I initially thought the detail was great, until I very quickly realized it wasn't from the game.

SparkyUK
03-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Oh. That was my simple thought when watching that trailer.

The supports look noddy, there was no banking on the tracks, the monorail would snap riders necks the way it stopped (unless that was sped up for the video). I get it isn't meant to be a simulator, but it needs to have some realism in it.

I feel it's gone a little Fisher Price on us.

Thompso
03-05-2015, 07:04 PM
http://cdn2-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2015/03/sWzBPvF.gif

^To this whole entire thing, I wasted so mutch time on this site anticipating a good game.

RCTW1
03-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Atari, Please don't play people as dumb imbeciles? That doesn't fly!

BigDaddy
03-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Its not good when a major game site like Kotaku actually has this for a headline
New Rollercoaster Tycoon Game Looks Like ****

http://kotaku.com/new-rollercoaster-tycoon-game-looks-like-****-1689731858

TheKyle
03-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Yep. It's been real, guys. I've spent over a decade of playing RCT as more than just a casual game, but this franchise was thrown into the dumpster and regurgitated into a half-assed pile of trash. I think if you're holding on to the hope that it's going to be good at this point, you're wasting your time. I recommend checking out Parkitect, Theme Park Studio, and No Limits 2 for alternatives. Hopefully I'll see some familiar names in those communities.

jip24
03-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Okay, so having lurked around here for a fair while, I figured it's probably time to sign up to the forum and add my own thoughts. Apologies, this might go on a little.

As a bit of background: the RCT series has been my staple go-to game since the very first one. I've grown up with it. I'm currently up at 2am, in the middle of writing my PhD thesis in engineering/physics. I can happily say that my leaning towards physics has had more to do with building CG roller coasters than the input of any of my teachers, or reading any number of popular science books. I'm planning to leave academia once I graduate, and head for management consulting. Amusingly enough, at my interview with the firm, they asked what business experience I have. Professionally, I have none - just a bunch of science degrees. We spent a good chunk of the interview discussing RCT. They gave me the job. You get the point. I'd love to go and work for Merlin, or Six Flags, even as a Disney "Imagineer", but alas, it's still a pretty impenetrable industry to get into.

I've been following the development of this game for, well, longer than it's actually been in development. I've fallen asleep on many a night thinking through how you might develop a game which went beyond the basic square grid system, how you could develop a new coaster creator, and generally how it would be possible to make everything that little bit more realistic, flexible and free-form, while keeping the UI intuitive and accessible. I imagine many others on here have gone through much the same. RCT has inspired people, really, rather a lot of us, some in more obvious ways than others.

Anyway, I've also had my eyes open to current developments in the gaming industry. I think BBC's Top Gear hit the nail on it's head pretty well a few weeks back. They ran a piece on Peugeot, explaining how they used to be great at making fantastic cars...until they realised that they were even better at making rubbish ones. Most people who buy cars are not picky, and will fall for advertising over actual quality. By selling cheap rubbish, with a huge push on sales and PR, they sold masses of cars, and made huge profits.

Much the same seems to be happening, at least with some of the major developers, in the gaming industry. Now we've pretty much 'solved' addiction (c.f. Candy Crush), perfected models for of raking in the most cash (microtransactions, reliance on "whales" etc.), and expanded the gaming market to casual gamers, the focus on "how to make money with a computer game" has shifted far, far away from making something genuinely awesome to play.

RCTW wants to make the most of these new ways of making money, but also has a loyal fanbase they want to keep. I'm not convinced it's a good move to attempt to appease both, but it's possible. At best, we can just play the game, ignoring the occasional popup of 'would you like to share your park over Facebook?'. Fine. The problem is, developers who have been taken in by these new strategies have also scaled back the investment and time they're willing to spend on big games - unless they're the CoD-type. I can't think of any recent strategy games outside of the likes of Sims and SimCity which have made huge amounts of money (Tropico perhaps?), and even those have been successively "Disney-fied" to keep their fanbase sufficiently broad. Breaking stuff is sadly now seen as more exciting than building - and those who build prefer to do it properly, be it with Minecraft, NoLimits, or writing their own code.

I think they've just underestimated the importance of us "oldies" with RCTW. If this game isn't much good, I really, really think it will flop. From what I've seen so far, the game's developers are actually quite keen to create a good game, and seem pretty honest in their (sparse) comments so far. The dev blogs have contained some really quite fascinating ideas, and have definitely built up the right kind of hype. The trouble is, given the state of the industry, and of Atari, I imagine the corporate side of things is breathing down their necks just a little too much. The focus just seems too far down the "casual gamer" route. We can all see that it's doomed to failure this way, but I'm not sure the execs can. They'll learn, probably too late.

As for the trailer, well...I'm still actually half convinced it's one big (awesome, if foolhardy) troll. The textures vary, paths don't join up (in a variety of ways), and the whole thing just looks really odd. Splicing it with real-world footage just highlights how not-real-world the game is. Fine, if it's a pre-alpha, releasing a trailer with poor-to-variable textures and tweaks may just be a poor PR decision rather than an issue with the final game, so I won't rant about graphics. What worries me more is that the coasters seem to have have no banking, bland supports, odd velocities/accelerations, and generally incomprehensible physics. The coaster shown in the park was just a squiggle drawn by a child, rather than anything properly thought out. John Wardley would not be impressed. And what's with the random mountains glued onto a flat ground? The trouble is, rather a lot of people will draw a rough circle and call it a coaster. At best, they'll be happy to just plop a ready-made one. Many of my friends did much the same 15 years ago. Maybe those people will buy the game regardless. Then again, the RCT fanbase has now grown up, and got jobs, many in the industy. Professional reviews and social media will still count for something...perhaps even the reaction to this trailer will be enough to kick-start a rethink. Perhaps that's it - the developers released an awful trailer, to generate poor publicity, to nudge the powers that be into realising their mistake. Perhaps.

Well, Frontier seem to be storming ahead with their version - and they already have a reasonable coaster design/physics engine courtesy of Screamride, so there's hope yet.

I'm sorry, Mattlab and others, I'm sure you're trying your best. Perhaps we've all been fooled: perhaps you'll persuade your bosses to give you another 6 months, or maybe the trailer really was an early April Fool's, or some other trick. If not, might I suggest asking Frontier for a job? Cambridge is a lovely place to live, after all!

CoasterMadness
03-05-2015, 10:10 PM
At the end of the video, the question was asked: "Are you ready to ride?" Atari at this point I would have to say no. In fact even though I will still keep track of these forums, I will not be buying or pre-ordering this game. Your lack communication with your fan base is quite literally appalling, and then this video release makes me think that it would have been better if you hired all of the people who made custom scenery for RCT3 and paid them to make this game. A part of me for nostalgic purposes hopes that you guys can turn it around; but to do that you would need another year of work "at least" and you would need to do a complete 180 with how you engage your community. I will be looking at Frontier's game since I hear great things coming from them.

magicart87
03-05-2015, 11:03 PM
There's still time to turn this around.

Step 1) Rename the game to "Themepark Mania"...
Step 2) Sell game for $12.99 at retail chain stores
Step 3) Sell the "RollerCoaster Tycoon" brand to a company that will do it justice
Step 4) Rename or disband "Atari" to fix corporate image

warcat61
03-05-2015, 11:24 PM
I signed up to get information on RCTW so I got an email with a link to watch the trailer. The email address was [email protected] so I don't think it was fan leak. I like a couple others thought the supports looked good unt Bil I realized they were from real world coasters. Very disappointed in this trailer. No way I'd spend money on this game. Only way to get my money is vast improvements need to be made for that to happen.

Indiglow
03-05-2015, 11:30 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You gotta be kidding me with that trailer right? I thought I was looking at RCT3.

Where are ALL YOU POSTERS OUT THERE who kept telling everyone to stop being negative and stop being disgruntled.

NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY?

BECAUSE WE DIDN'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.

This is why we were worried about the communication.
This is why we were worried about release dates being too early with no testing.
This is why we were worried about no video or more screenshots.
We knew something was up.
This is why they didn't have an exhibit/booth set up ahead of time.

Seriously, all of us who were complaining and speaking up for the ENTIRE RCT COMMUNITY deserve an apology from those who were telling us we were wrong.

You see why we were all complaining about the marketing for this game? I mean, the trailer was AWFUL. As if done by some amateur or something too. I mean, what the heck? UNLIMITED COTTON CANDY! What does that EVEN MEAN? And they used the worst park designer's park to showcase as a trailer? It's just hideous.

Nickster
03-05-2015, 11:35 PM
This is a sad day for everyone. I think I'm gonna mf to go make a fake blog post and get banned.

darkhorizon
03-05-2015, 11:41 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You gotta be kidding me with that trailer right? I thought I was looking at RCT3.

Where are ALL YOU POSTERS OUT THERE who kept telling everyone to stop being negative and stop being disgruntled.

NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY?

BECAUSE WE DIDN'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.

This is why we were worried about the communication.
This is why we were worried about release dates being too early with no testing.
This is why we were worried about no video or more screenshots.
We knew something was up.
This is why they didn't have an exhibit/booth set up ahead of time.

Seriously, all of us who were complaining and speaking up for the ENTIRE RCT COMMUNITY deserve an apology from those who were telling us we were wrong.

You see why we were all complaining about the marketing for this game? I mean, the trailer was AWFUL. As if done by some amateur or something too. I mean, what the heck? UNLIMITED COTTON CANDY! What does that EVEN MEAN? And they used the worst park designer's park to showcase as a trailer? It's just hideous.

+1 Glad someone else said it! I'm not one to say "I told you so", but come on...

Indiglow
03-05-2015, 11:45 PM
+1 Glad someone else said it! I'm not one to say "I told you so", but come on...

/sigh I wish I didn't have to say it. I wish I was here going YES! I WAS WRONG THIS LOOKS AWESOME! THEY LISTENED TO US!

But no, I have just had my dreams of this game crushed. I mean, how the heck can they release a trailer that looks WORSE than RCT3?

It LITERALLY LOOKS LIKE THEY SLAPPED A PARK TOGETHER IN 5 MINUTES WITH ZERO THOUGHT and posted a video of that park and used it as a trailer. It's the worst park designing I've ever seen. Combined with the horrible graphics and the physics (lmfao monorail stops on a dime). My God....

coaster6
03-05-2015, 11:50 PM

Thought you guys would all enjoy this!

Xenocorpse
03-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Oh the ridicule you've just set yourself up tp get Atari. If you haven't gotten it already...

I normally hate being negative, and looking towards the positive side. Unfortunately, this is where I draw the line... I saw the so-called "screenshots" and I was actually excited for an actual sequel to our beloved game. Then you "unveil" this garbage. That trailer was so rubbish that I felt more sick than that poor peep at the end of it. The peep was hurling at the utter garbage it had just been put through.

Atari, from what you've "revealed", the game is utter crap. You've spat on the RCT name. You have NOT listened to the community. You've done a terrible job. The best justice you could do for us is delay the game; in fact CANCEL the game, before you get the world talking about how bad the series had to end. If you delay it, simply give it, oh I don't know, another YEAR OR TWO?!?!

I give up any hope for this game. It all comes down to how it is represented. If in May I see this bull****, then I can guarantee you that you won't see a single penny.

shyguy
03-06-2015, 12:41 AM
In another thread, it was suggested to Atari and Area 52 to visit the RCT3 fansites, such as SGW ( http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php ) to see what the players were doing with RCT3, the custom scenery they had created, and the incredibly detailed and realistic parks the longtime fans were making. This would have been very beneficial for the developers to see the features their biggest fans wanted in the next installment. After viewing that trailer, it is painfully obvious that they spent zero time viewing these sites, as well as NOT listening to any of the fans suggestions and/or requests in these forums which were supposedly set up for that specific purpose. I find this quite sad, as it is a lose/lose situation for us AND Atari.

warly
03-06-2015, 01:14 AM
Other guys made these comparasions, i just would like to share them here.

Water comparasion:

And here's how the game "developed" over the last couple of months:

Good. God. (missing puke smiley here)

Indiglow
03-06-2015, 01:37 AM
Other guys made these comparasions, i just would like to share them here.

Water comparasion:

And here's how the game "developed" over the last couple of months:

Good. God. (missing puke smiley here)

It's a joke. A horrible joke.

mboninco
03-06-2015, 03:14 AM
According to this article, the footage of the game in this trailer is from August.
http://powerleveled.com/contrary-to-reports-the-new-rollercoaster-tycoon-doesnt-look-like-sht/

If so, this may be more a failure of marketing than the development of the game.

S1m0nde
03-06-2015, 03:32 AM
It's a joke. A horrible joke.

What date do we have? 1th April?

I just watched the trailer and I couldn´t believe it. I´d like to write all the stuff already written but the comparison pictures posted by the others say everything. What happened? The textures (way, stone etc. ) on the second video.. shocking..but not positive! It looks like a bad/old game for mobile phones. If you manage that it looks like in the first preview, it will be a game that I would spend 45-50€ for. But what you shew in the video? RTC 3 looked better. I wouldn´t spend 15€ for that.

Please, please say or do something. Say it really was a joke. I was really looking forward for this game.

AUS_Twisted
03-06-2015, 03:40 AM
According to this article, the footage of the game in this trailer is from August.
http://powerleveled.com/contrary-to-reports-the-new-rollercoaster-tycoon-doesnt-look-like-sht/

If so, this may be more a failure of marketing than the development of the game.

Well that article is not valid considering he did not mention Atari changed developers awhile back, not even sure he knows.

warly
03-06-2015, 03:43 AM

Ok, good to know if its true. i mean the screenshots from last year looked gorgeous and if RCT:W will look that way i'm totally in for this game. But it doesn't explain why atari releases a crap trailer from last august. Why do they show us pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-alpha material if the game advanced by that much already? don't get...it's like they want us angry (and until the trailer i wasn't angry, i was optimistic)

CaseyCBeard
03-06-2015, 04:11 AM
Ha...there. There. I rest my case. That trailer is a failure (I'm a poet and I didn't even know it). That looks WORSE than RCT3. So terrible. I don't care if you have a node-based, spline-based coaster building system; when your coasters look like hot garbage and every ride around it looks terrible, too....nope. Atari, Area52, you won't be seeing a cent of my hard-earned money. Maybe in a few years when the community has made the game you were SUPPOSED to make. Good god...you do know what year this is, right? Ha. Even for a simulation game this is atrocious. Geeze. I hope the market you're catering to can get their mommies and daddies to fork over whatever you're charging because as an adult, I have no desire to play that.

I just watched it and was disappointed as well. The coasters look like crap. The cartooniness is atrocious. It jjst looks horrible. Im truly saddened by this..

darkhorizon
03-06-2015, 04:24 AM

Lol - highly doubt they "accidentally" made/showed a trailer with the alpha version of the game. If that was true, they definitely would have tried to fix the situation by now...but nope...they're silent, the one thing they ARE good at doing.

Why don't the screenshots match the gameplay? Are they edited? Were they taken when the previous developer was working on the game? Probably. Switching developers mid-development is no easy task, and Pipeworks probably took all their proprietary code with them. That leaves Area 52 scrambling to try and catch up to where Pipeworks left off.

Which results in this unfinished pile of you-know-what. Ugh, if they needed more time, all they needed to do was tell us. But they continued to hype up the game, show nice looking screenshots (which, I'm sorry, I call that "false marketing")...they're crazy if they thought they'd get a good reaction from this.

The famous Atari strikes again!

Saskro
03-06-2015, 04:32 AM
After that teaser I feel like RCTW just got buried... I guess it´s time to stop caring for a new RCT game. I feel like the only way to fix this would be to delay the release. Like many fans have already, this would be no problem for me. I´d rather play a great RCT in 10 months than getting this crap in April or May...

Nagta
03-06-2015, 05:05 AM
After that teaser I feel like RCTW just got buried... I guess it´s time to stop caring for a new RCT game. I feel like the only way to fix this would be to delay the release. Like many fans have already, this would be no problem for me. I´d rather play a great RCT in 10 months than getting this crap in April or May...

Idk bro, RCTW isn't the only one buried, the whole series is likely to be buried. I don't know if Atari can repeat RCT1~2's success.

Dally
03-06-2015, 06:13 AM
Joining all the posts here in my disappointment at that trailer. What a mess. And they couldn't even get the basics right - we need to at least see a well designed impressive looking roller-coaster. Instead we see no banked turns, unreal supports, and a crap layout with no good features. Who would be proud of designing that/ who would want to ride that? Especially when we compare to the real footage of Six Flags Goliath. Again, showing a real, quality coaster just makes the game look even worse. And also, this may just be me, but what's with the theme of the peep puking at that end? You can tell from all the posts here that majority of fans are adults who are interested in great graphics, design features, gameplay, tycoon challenges, themes, some realism, and general quality. We are not a bunch of 10 year olds who think it's funny to see someone puke, and who are going to be impressed by crazy designs with fire and fast moving unrealistic rides. It looks like their target audience are young casual gamers who they can make money off with a crap game, instead of a quality offering for the loyal fan base. Atari, please prove us wrong.

warly
03-06-2015, 07:28 AM
btw. there is another new screenshot in one of the aricles about the gameplay trailer:
missing shadows, but hey we got the dark :)

http://ec0c5a7f741a6f3bff65-dd07187202f57fa404a8f047da2bcff5.r85.cf1.rackcdn.c om/images/xvF-EpsgS--o.jpg

CoasterKing84
03-06-2015, 07:53 AM
Well well well i was getting all excited for this game, yet i was let down by the so called trailer i'm going to be optimistic about the situation,this is all a nightmare, this isn't real somebody leaked this footage to ruin rctw, maybe? Lol definitely not a bad dream. What a let down and a waste of time to even follow atari and area 52. I can not wait to see what mattlab has to say in his blog today, this should be good!

Joe Android
03-06-2015, 07:53 AM
The trailer of yesterday seems shameful, but it seems even more shameful that shows in the trailer, we need a Intel Core i7 in the recommended requirements. With that **** graphics, that is impossible, or perhaps Atari takes us by idiots.
Not to mention the lie ''Early 2015'', now on Steam puts ''Mid 2015''. If we're going to be waiting so long for that game and they are creating false expectations saying it is a AAA game and a awesome game, then they have a serious problem.

I want to understand that the trailer is a beta, because it doesn't match the quality of the images.

Wabigbear
03-06-2015, 07:54 AM

Sorry to disagree with the author, but that trailer DOES look exactly like s***. What he saw back then is obviously not what Atari is trying to peddle to us now.

Funny how they had such a nice, playable alpha and glowing reviews back when Pipeworks was involved - HALF A YEAR AGO! And yet Atari has had nothing to show us since until this horrible excuse of a video came up yesterday?

I just don't get it. I feel like we've been lied to and taken for a ride. Even after Atari's past treatment of the community I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and got excited about finally getting another game. That trailer took care of that excitement. No more. Sad, sorry excuse for a company that damn well should know better.

I'd hope they'd just scrap this, start over and take the time to do the job right, but at this point I'm doubting that they'll even bother. Maybe in 30 years someone will dig up a landfill to find all the buried copies of RCT:w there and it will be another joke in the history of gaming.

Joe Android
03-06-2015, 08:16 AM
The trailer doesn't show shadows and some other official images yes. Someone is lying here, or the images are edited or trailer yesterday was a beta for making angry us.

CoasterKing84
03-06-2015, 08:17 AM
There is a petition on change.org for Atari to scrap the game and start over lol I wonder how they feel about that? Well, does anybody have any info in regards to a forum about Frontier's Coaster Park Tycoon? They can take my money! Wouldn't it be interesting if pipeworks ended up developing Frontier's game!

Scapton
03-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Atari it is really simple. Re-hire the pipeworks team to make your game. They seemed to be better at communicating with fans, provided more updates on project progression and actually cared about making a decent game the hardcore fan base will enjoy. Mattlab I feel sorry that you're the one that has to deal with the angry fan base! Come on Atari, if your new RCT game is full of unlimited cotton candy come and talk to the community about it directly. I'm sure we all have a lot of thoughts to share...

Alexshow
03-06-2015, 08:29 AM
This game, is a joke. We were promised with Pipeworks interaction towards the community to see what we can get, and then it changed to Area 52 and it went downhill. What more can I say but, its a joke.

CoasterKing84
03-06-2015, 09:09 AM
Frontier's Coaster Park Tycoon going to be the game of choice. They should've listened and kept the communication open instead of ignoring everybody's questions and concerns. Smh Oh well this is the ditch they dug for themselves.

warly
03-06-2015, 10:35 AM
BTW: remember the discussion whether there are water slides on the box cover below the RCTW Logo? it seems to be the case. the offical RCTW Twitter account has this part of the box cover without the logo as header image:

not that i'm convinced that this will be in the game, but just to have the imagination that it "could" be that the game is currently in a better state than what we saw in the trailer...for whatever reason. or the may just put it in to fill the spot.

GoobyPls
03-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Frontier's Coaster Park Tycoon going to be the game of choice. They should've listened and kept the communication open instead of ignoring everybody's questions and concerns. Smh Oh well this is the ditch they dug for themselves.

Our community is of paramount importance!

Isn't that ironic?

WadyC
03-06-2015, 10:56 AM
How tragic, truly disapointed. Better get back to RCT2.

magicart87
03-06-2015, 11:27 AM
There is a petition on change.org for Atari to scrap the game and start over lol I wonder how they feel about that? Well, does anybody have any info in regards to a forum about Frontier's Coaster Park Tycoon? They can take my money! Wouldn't it be interesting if pipeworks ended up developing Frontier's game!

Can you link to the petition? I'd like to sign on the dotted line.

BTW, have you guys seen the Wikipedia page lately. Haha. It's pretty bad.

VACkillers
03-06-2015, 11:40 AM
BTW: remember the discussion whether there are water slides on the box cover below the RCTW Logo? it seems to be the case. the offical RCTW Twitter account has this part of the box cover without the logo as header image:

not that i'm convinced that this will be in the game, but just to have the imagination that it "could" be that the game is currently in a better state than what we saw in the trailer...for whatever reason. or the may just put it in to fill the spot.

That will be awesome! if that is in the game... the pool and get soaked expansion was my fav. Just hope they really do expand on the water park stuff coz that was so kool for me...

Hanazakari86
03-06-2015, 12:27 PM
I hope they can fix everything,,, till may
I think they are frustrated about our negative comments
But I hope they pass and carry on developing the game!!

Wabigbear
03-06-2015, 01:33 PM
The thing is it's NOT just our negative comments posted here. Check any of the RCT community sites, read the comments on the youTube video, see what's posted on Facebook - all are full of comments that are really letting Atari know what people think. Then do a Google search, there's a bunch of articles posted yesterday and today on gaming sites that are ravaging Atari and this game.

I too hope they can fix things, but if they want to be frustrated at anyone, they should be frustrated at themselves.

EuroMaster2008
03-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Why be frustrated or anything. I watched the trailer yesterday and I´m very happy about the Result of the Game. Everything looks top for me! RCT 3 was the best RTC ever so that World is similar to it, it´s a good start for a great Game

coaster6
03-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Why be frustrated or anything. I watched the trailer yesterday and I´m very happy about the Result of the Game. Everything looks top for me! RCT 3 was the best RTC ever so that World is similar to it, it´s a good start for a great Game No, the problem is world looks worse than RCT3.

DMB1985
03-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Why be frustrated or anything. I watched the trailer yesterday and I´m very happy about the Result of the Game. Everything looks top for me! RCT 3 was the best RTC ever so that World is similar to it, it´s a good start for a great Game

The fact that the trailer for RCTW looks no better, if not worse than RCT3 is a very worrying sign and not something to be positive at all.

Hanazakari86
03-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Well,, being silent is a sign of frustration
Like not mattlab or the other guy even explain things to us !!
They are frustrated
But they should do something not just sit like this and being lazy!! Just wake up,, do something!!!

GoobyPls
03-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Mattlab was last online on 02-28-2015 10:27 PM.
So i don't really know whats happening there

Nbro1
03-06-2015, 04:41 PM
Cat food! Actually cat food looks better than this garbage!

Waiting all these years for a new game, all these promises of how grand it will be once released . Yet a half rubbish trailer of the only footage we get through all these months of development ?

If it was my bet , this forum will probably close down, nobody from Atari will talk about why the game is the way it is, and the game will be scraped and never talked about again. Or if they truly cared about making something extraordinary , someone would reply to this forum and say sorry fans we have messed up, we are going to start over and deliver what you all have been asking for . Although I highly doubt it .

Oh well frontier will be making a better game, and I bet frontier is loving all the criticism about rctw!

Thompso
03-06-2015, 05:14 PM

That is the problem, RTC3 was a 2004 game, this is 2015 RTCW should not look like a 2004 game 11 years later.

CoasterNazi666
03-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Somethings not right, I was extremely angered by the trailer, but when looking back on the screenshots their all high resolution, include shadows and genuinley better graphics. Why was the trailer so bad, did they feel forced to release something so they just got some old footage wacked it together and called it a reveal? I really hope that trailer wasn't any recent parks or graphics

RandyChimp
03-06-2015, 05:22 PM
I don't post here much and probably won't post again after this. That trailer was shoddy, the game looks sub-par at best and appalling at worst, the most popular suggestions (curved paths, terraforming) seem to have been ignored, and it looks like Atari have taken a beloved series and squeezed out a turd of a sequel to make a quick buck from people who love the series just enough to even bother buying this new entry. There goes all my anticipation. Well played guys, well played.

Sam223
03-06-2015, 05:48 PM
Mattlab was last online on 02-28-2015 10:27 PM.
So i don't really know whats happening there
Probably rewriting his CV to apply for a job with a better publisher. Or hiding in the bunker until the **** storm blows over again.

ItsMrPC
03-06-2015, 06:23 PM
Okay im seriously hoping this isnt Atari wringing out every penny they can get out of one of its most succesful franchise...

You wouldve thought almost going bankrupt wouldve made them more cautious but apparently not judging from this trailer.
Im hoping that the trailer literally is just a continuation of the first trailer and they were made at the same time and wasnt supposed to be seen but they released it anyway as we were begging for gameplay. Any publicity is good publicity as long as this is old and i mean very old. A guy can dream.

Aqua-Chan
03-06-2015, 06:26 PM
Well I'm glad I didn't preorder this. I would think changing developers would make things better. But was I wrong. I hope blog 5 is a "we're sorry" type of thread. I feel mad at the fact that they would actually put that out there and hope for some positive feedback. I wanted to cry to be honest.

jeriky
03-06-2015, 06:50 PM
I've stepped away from RCTW for quite some time because I wanted to be surprised with the release of this game. However, my wants got the better of me so I, of course, had to login and find out some information on this game. I have watched the trailer on Steam, seen every screenshot out there and I have to say that as an avid rollercoaster tycoon fan, I will not be purchasing this game. That is my own personal opinion.

I am not trying to be negative, as so many people are, but you have to admit the game looks absolutely awful. Albeit, some of these people have probably did what they think would be a suitable sequel but they have miserably failed. I am very disappointed with what I see. I figured it was going to show graphics very similar to the first trailer released - how foolish of me.

The custom content creators on Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 have worked so hard on creating custom content (the fans themselves raised the bar so high for what to expect in RCTW) but I think that even those gaming engineers and designers have fallen short. I am still going to keep a watchful eye on the progress of this game, but I am really upset at this.

CoasterKing84
03-06-2015, 07:50 PM
Both Frontier and Pipeworks are getting some good laughs in at Atari and Area 52. I wouldn't be surprised if Frontier and Pipeworks joined forces to blow Atari and Area 52 out of this "World"

RCTW1
03-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Both Frontier and Pipeworks are getting some good laughs in at Atari and Area 52. I wouldn't be surprised if Frontier and Pipeworks joined forces to blow Atari and Area 52 out of this "World"

That would be so AWESOME!!!

CoasterKing84
03-06-2015, 08:14 PM
I am so ready for tonight's blog post 5 anyone else excited to hear what they have to say and/or show if either one shall happen?

CoasterKing84
03-06-2015, 08:16 PM
I know right! Hopefully they will join forces Atari messed up when they switched to area fifty who!

ddrplaya4638
03-06-2015, 08:34 PM
I'm doubtfully that we will get something tonight... they will just sweep it all under the rug.

Indiglow
03-06-2015, 08:34 PM
I am so ready for tonight's blog post 5 anyone else excited to hear what they have to say and/or show if either one shall happen?

You think they are going to make a blog post today.

That's cute.

Aqua-Chan
03-06-2015, 08:36 PM
fifty who!

That's so shady!