PDA

View Full Version : RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog Post #4

Pages : 1 [2]

CoasterKing84
03-06-2015, 08:54 PM
You think they are going to make a blog post today.

That's cute.

It was sarcasm. They are in hiding from all the backlash they are getting. I'm more interested if they do proceed with a blog post for tonight how will they back peddle out of the tragedy they decided to release. I guess you didn't catch it or my other post about fifty who!

LooseKid187
03-06-2015, 09:59 PM
No blog post ? :(

tycoon
03-06-2015, 10:31 PM
Tune in next week for a special GDC edition of our Production blog where we will have screenshots, news, and more

so, where is it? if you haven't noticed, the forums have been more active than ever - i saw almost 300 people looking at forums earlier... yet, there is silence (mattlab hasn't logged in since 02-28-15), despite promises of a 'special GDC edition of our Production blog'... come on, you guys...

coaster6
03-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Where's the production blog?

Ultramankiller
03-06-2015, 11:03 PM
so, where is it? if you haven't noticed, the forums have been more active than ever - i saw almost 300 people looking at forums earlier... yet, there is silence (mattlab hasn't logged in since 02-28-15), despite promises of a 'special GDC edition of our Production blog'... come on, you guys...

still not the end of the week lol

coaster6
03-06-2015, 11:06 PM
Wow, what a letdown.. Currently playing RCT3 with the background music set to RCT1. Ah, memories.

tycoon
03-06-2015, 11:27 PM
still not the end of the week lol

it's the end of the 'work week', mattlab tends to post fridays, and it's later than i think he's ever posted a dev blog.

further, given the fact that the forums are blowing up, and upwards of 300+ people have been viewing it simultaneously (just from what i've seen, and instead of the normal 10-30), you'd think they'd really want to capitalize on the 'buzz'... but no... apparently they exist in some sort of bizarro-world... capitalize on buzz? NO... post a trailer that makes people want to play the game? NO! engage with the community? NO! post screen shots to a captive audience? NO!

i just don't get it...

CoasterKing84
03-07-2015, 01:17 AM
We will be posting a blog early next week about the status of the game and our plans. Until then you should know that we will not release a game that is not ready and are taking the time to do it right. I would also like to add that the teaser trailer was designed to show progress of the game but is not fully representative of the final game. For example, visually there is a lot of work left to do. It is as many have suspected from an early build, which we will provide more details on next week.

MattLab posted this at 11:45 pm in the thread Dev Blog 5 You round here. Why not post it in here, is it because of the tension? Definitely go check it out and read his responses to others. But as of everything we would like to know about the trailer and other game qualities, we will get that information early next week.

coaster6
03-07-2015, 01:24 AM
Tune in next week for a special GDC edition of our Production blog where we will have screenshots, news, and more Remember to also check Steam once we announce the launch of the Steam page and Community Hub. Lastly, as always, join our forums and talk with our developers and producers about the game! Even though we can’t always confirm things when we see them, many of your ideas and feature requests are making it into the game and likely will be featured in a Production blog when the time is right.

But, you promised this week:)

swifmatives
03-07-2015, 02:43 AM
I don't normally post here, but suddenly got inspired.

I refuse to believe that trailer is representative of the game we'll be getting. It can't be. I realize that Atari and Area 52 have both been rather silent on everything, but what they have said is not representative of the trailer that was just released. Here's some quotes from Mattlab:

What’s special about this box cover is that it was designed almost entirely using models and art assets from the game.
- Obviously the box art will be embellished a bit, but the art styles do not compare.

Our primary focus is and always has been making sure we release the best possible game. We have exacting standards - RCTW must stay true to the franchise, be of AAA quality, and please our most dedicated fans, along with those who have yet to discover the magic of RCT.
- The game in the trailer was not of AAA quality at all. It was not the best possible game, nor true to the franchise, nor pleasing to longtime fans. Could this just be marketing fluff? Yeah, potentially. But I'm willing to believe this and suspend disbelief on that trailer.

Even though we can’t always confirm things when we see them, many of your ideas and feature requests are making it into the game and likely will be featured in a Production blog when the time is right.
- This statement could really mean about a million things, but it does give the impression of hope. Though it may be a one-sided conversation, supposedly Atari is listening to us.

We are making the game the community wants, and we are committed to delivering the REAL RollerCoaster Tycoon experience.
- If there is any hint of truth in that sentence, the trailer was old.

There has been an article flying around suggesting that the trailer is actually from six months ago. I desperately want to believe that. Why would they release it now? Hard to say. Perhaps they were going to release it then, but didn't for some reason and it was all they had. Maybe it was an internal leak, or an accidental leak. Maybe in some bizarre moment of desperation, the real trailer got deleted and there were no backups and Atari is all like "Well, we gotta give them something," and the devs are like "Well we got this trailer that was made when we first started," and Atari is like, "Perfect! Send it out!" and the devs are like, "But we have screenshots that look better than this," and Atari is all like, "You better put something out or you're not getting paid," and the devs are all, "Well, crap." Or maybe I've just given Atari several excuses that they can pass off as their own in devblog 5.

I refuse to believe that's the actual game, though. There's just no way.

EDIT: Hey, he's active!
I will add that the teaser is indeed from an early build and the reason for it will be explained in our post. There has been a lot of work done on other aspects of the game before visuals, details in the post...Our goal is to have amazing gameplay (which a key aspect that sets the foundation for a fun game) and has been our current focus over the last number of months but yes of course hi-res amazing visuals are critical as well and we will have those too once we are ready. I'm so glad to hear of it.

Hanazakari86
03-07-2015, 03:56 AM
thats a relief
so,, for now
when are we getting a new updates???

paulbriffett
03-07-2015, 04:16 AM
Pthat's good, then.

RCTLOVER
03-07-2015, 01:19 PM
So I can still have hope! PHEW!

buenokid
03-07-2015, 01:41 PM
I thought the box art was rather ugly. Did anyone else think that? It didn't excite me and it felt boring. With such a legacy and the depth of the amusement world to pull from, is that all they could come up with? Everyone is going to be disappointed by this next release. Nothing will salvage it and all hope is gone. Doomsday for RCT has finally come. It will be other developers that carry on new coaster games.

Nice try Area52.

darkhorizon
03-07-2015, 02:04 PM
I thought the box art was rather ugly. Did anyone else think that? It didn't excite me and it felt boring.

I felt the same way. I didn't say anything though, because certain users would've jumped me for being so negative. I thought the box art looked very bland.

TheCoasterGOd3
03-07-2015, 02:27 PM
I felt the same way. I didn't say anything though, because certain users would've jumped me for being so negative. I thought the box art looked very bland.

Eh, it's alright I suppose. Certainly no masterpiece to RCT2 Though.

RCTW1
03-07-2015, 05:07 PM
Sorry but RCT1 & 2 were no masterpiece to me.

bluebynight
03-07-2015, 05:11 PM
If that teaser trailer truly isnt a direct reflection of what the finished product will be in the end...either way, the game still better be a MILLION times better. Because what ive just witnessed in that trailer was complete garbage.

bluebynight
03-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Referring to and earlier post of mine again, SHOW US SOME RIDES. I mean, like, REAL rides. Poor graphics and lack of scenery aside, it may just be an opinion of mine, but correct me if im wrong in saying that we want true to life rides.

I was looking at an image of that gorilla thing in chains and seriously pondering what it could actually be. I assumed after awhile it was some sort of animatronic...however, I now realized that its a flat ride of sorts. The chains appear to be the rides "arms", and the vehicles are on the ends near the base...Apparently a spinning/scrambler ride if you will.

Again, others opinions are welcome. I would love to know other peoples thoughts on this flat ride concept...but for me? JUST NO.

DonSPa
03-07-2015, 06:27 PM
hey im excited we get unlimited cotton candy :D.Im not sure what the logic is on the trailer being 6 months old,i would have thought they would have showed it 6 months ago and then showed the stages of developement.Regardless im still excited about the game as long as all the elements of rct3 are still there and its moddable and most importantly for me to be able to play the game,fast load times and unlimited size of parks without a crash.If it is an older vid then surely the graphics etc are improved??

DonSPa
03-07-2015, 06:44 PM
bluebynight i would say thats a spinner of some type.Theres nothing at the bottom of the cars to make the cars stationary while going around so id say it be like a star flyer type of ride ,cant really tell if the belt around the waste would go up and down or not,or maybe a flying scooter type if it doesnt go up and down.A scrambler rides on a track and spins on several axis

RiqueJaimes
03-07-2015, 06:59 PM
The trailer looks amazing. Already added on my steam wish list and I plan to preorder when that's ann option.

CaseyCBeard
03-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Watched the trailer again and I am REALLY hoping this isn't no where near the finished product. Compared to RCT3, this sucks to be honest. Graphics, water, and attractions just do not even come close to par with RCT3. 10 years later and no advancement in graphics and such? WTH?!

TheCoasterGOd3
03-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Watched the trailer again and I am REALLY hoping this isn't no where near the finished product. Compared to RCT3, this sucks to be honest. Graphics, water, and attractions just do not even come close to par with RCT3. 10 years later and no advancement in graphics and such? WTH?!

Do not worry, this is only an earlier build. I'm certain that the full game will be spades better than what the trailer said.

Yuurepoer
03-07-2015, 08:48 PM
am i the only one who noticed the strange and ugly loopings on the boxart ??

justbrae1
03-07-2015, 08:52 PM
am i the only one who noticed the strange and ugly loopings on the boxart ??

Nope. I noticed in a couple of the screenshots, and the boxart that there are some coasters that look really good, and a few in the distance that look like they were taken right out of RCT1 or 2. Very VERY strange.

Thompso
03-07-2015, 09:40 PM
Why does everything in the game look so heavily themed, that concerns me more than the graphics. I have yet to see any ride generic besides the fairs wheel.

Theme overload.

joeybolufe
03-08-2015, 02:02 AM
My Thoughts on the RCTW Gameplay Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCdgDS3ohAU

koekeritis
03-08-2015, 04:56 AM
The trailer looks amazing. Already added on my steam wish list and I plan to preorder when that's ann option.

I sincerely hope you're sarcastic! You do know that the orange coaster in the beginning and near the end is NOT ingame footage? And if you do know that and you're not being sarcastic. Well, we all have different styles. But can you then explain me why you think the trailer looks amazing?

koekeritis
03-08-2015, 05:05 AM
And possibly the most horrible things of the trailer are (besides the stupid crap visuals):
- the horribly layed out park,
- no real rides, just things like plop, plop, plop, HEY THIS IS A RODE!!! NO IT IS NOT!!!! WTF DOES THAT EVEN REPRESENT!!!!!!! x&[email protected]€#*$
- the coaster does NOT look realistic AT ALL! Ohhhhh I HATE those stupid green booster thingies!
- and... WHY IS IT ALL SO HEAVILY THEMED!!!!!!
- ohhh and one other thing... If you spend the entire first dev blog post on the terine generator and editor. Then WHY is the park utterly FLAT with some random plonked down premade terain assets that DON'T EVEN MATCH THE TERRAIN COLOUR AND CLIP THROUGH F*ing PATHS!!

:(

ExtraCheese
03-08-2015, 06:43 AM
Yeah I really hope there are a lot of generic attractions so we can theme them ourselves. I don't mind a couple of themed attractions, but I rather put scary stuff around a ride myself, so it wouldn't look the same every time I build it.

Hanazakari86
03-08-2015, 07:33 AM
Above all that
Why are the producers still absent ????
Mattlab at least used to post some comments
But where are they
Absorbed by the earth??

ExtraCheese
03-08-2015, 07:53 AM
Above all that
Why are the producers still absent ????
Mattlab at least used to post some comments
But where are they
Absorbed by the earth??

Mattlab responded on friday, announcing there will be a blog post on monday or tuesday.

EuroMaster2008
03-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Ok but isn´t a "Community-Manager" not supposed to care ONLY about the Community? So why does he disappear for so long?

GoobyPls
03-08-2015, 08:26 AM
Mattlab responded on friday, announcing there will be a blog post on monday or tuesday.

He didn't write monday or tuesday, he wrote early next week.
But you all know that this means nothing, as he promised a blogpost for friday which hasn't been released. Also, the release-date was once planned for early 2015...

GGD123
03-08-2015, 08:59 AM
When the trailer began with Goliath I thought "omg yes! Finally the realism is here! I immediately wanted to buy the game a million times over. Then the gameplay action started and it felt like I wanted to die of embarrassment. After the trailer finished I was sat in a state of shock and then I suddenly thought, 'this isn't right'
There is no way that is the game we will be getting, it just can't be. I recently purchased SimCity 2013 and the graphics on that are on par with the visuals of Goliath that we had in the trailer. The realism of real life.
I hope and pray for the realism of that Goliath render. If not then I will not be purchasing.

jakemaster2003
03-08-2015, 10:47 AM
i want that supports in the game self

a-can-o-beans
03-08-2015, 03:08 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You gotta be kidding me with that trailer right? I thought I was looking at RCT3.

Where are ALL YOU POSTERS OUT THERE who kept telling everyone to stop being negative and stop being disgruntled.

NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY?

BECAUSE WE DIDN'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.

This is why we were worried about the communication.
This is why we were worried about release dates being too early with no testing.
This is why we were worried about no video or more screenshots.
We knew something was up.
This is why they didn't have an exhibit/booth set up ahead of time.

Seriously, all of us who were complaining and speaking up for the ENTIRE RCT COMMUNITY deserve an apology from those who were telling us we were wrong.

You see why we were all complaining about the marketing for this game? I mean, the trailer was AWFUL. As if done by some amateur or something too. I mean, what the heck? UNLIMITED COTTON CANDY! What does that EVEN MEAN? And they used the worst park designer's park to showcase as a trailer? It's just hideous.

took the words right from my mouth. where is everyone that was SOOOOO optimistic? i hate to be right in this case though...

Aqua-Chan
03-08-2015, 03:25 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You gotta be kidding me with that trailer right? I thought I was looking at RCT3.

Where are ALL YOU POSTERS OUT THERE who kept telling everyone to stop being negative and stop being disgruntled.

This is why we were worried about release dates being too early with no testing.

Seriously, all of us who were complaining and speaking up for the ENTIRE RCT COMMUNITY deserve an apology from those who were telling us we were wrong.

You see why we were all complaining about the marketing for this game? I mean, the trailer was AWFUL. As if done by some amateur or something too. I mean, what the heck? UNLIMITED COTTON CANDY! What does that EVEN MEAN? And they used the worst park designer's park to showcase as a trailer? It's just hideous.

...Sorry?:D

sanctus
03-08-2015, 06:54 PM

Trailers images are from an early phase of the game, so I'll still be optimistic about it, a little at least, at this moment the game should be 1000xbetter. I agree with you that the video it's horrible, but I preffer they show us this than a super edited video of the game, which makes it look good and get a bigger deception when we play it.

LoneWolf
03-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Can someone please provide a valid source that says the trailer is from an earlier build? There are people running around here citing that like its fact and I want to know where they are getting it from. I'm aware ONE media article stated that it was an earlier build but that isn't official. That is just something ONE reporter said.

Now to those that say we shouldn't be "outraged" like we are because we should trust Atari to deliver the game we always wanted. Sorry. not going to happen. Atari isn't exactly held in high esteem anymore for how its handled the community in the past. However for the content of this post I won't focus on Atari's past and instead only comment on how we the community were handled with Roller Coaster Tycoon World.

Every now and then there would be news of a RCT4 per say, nothing every stuck and eventually RCT4 morphed into RCT4 Mobile. The RCT3 Community was disappointed by this new addition, it wasn't the PC game we wanted, it wasn't a true successor to RCT3.

Then it finally came, the announcement of RCTW. After years of false hope and rumors and other failed theme park sims we were finally getting what we wanted. Things started to look real when someone who worked at Pipeworks joined a few RCT3 fan sites to answer questions and take suggestions from the community. Wow, this was great. We had someone listening to us, Atari had finally heard us and was giving us what we wanted. Our Pipeworks member posted updates and responded to comments and concerns and even posted concept art and a few screenshots here and there.

Then disaster. For some reason Atari had chosen to dump Pipeworks and switch to Area 52 Games. With the switch came the opening of these brand new forums. We were told there would be constant updates and chances to interact with Atari and Area 52. We were told our suggestions were being listened too. Since then there has been a complete blackout of real information. We have these Dev blog posts that just gave us the run around on everything. These blog posts were supposed to keep the community informed but instead we were given pages of junk for the sake of posting something. No real information was gained from these posts.

So then we get the second trailer dropped on us. Finally something we can look at and see the progress of our beloved game. Instead we see something that looked like it was just a scaled up mobile game. You CANNOT release a trailer for the game that looks like that. This trailer was supposed to hype the community up for it, not make it hit rock bottom. Trailers are supposed to be the very best the game has to offer and if that is the best RCTW can offer I imagine RCTW will be a dud.

I think most of community that has been actively following the progress of this game isn't so much mad about the graphic content as we are about how we were ignored. We were asked to give suggestion, stuff we wanted in the game. We responded and gave what we the community wanted in the next game. Fast forward to the trailer and we see we were ignored. Nothing seems to have gotten through. You asked, we gave our input, you ignored us. Why were we asked in the first place then? I think many in the community are annoyed by this.

These forums feel like a facade, something to only make us feel like we matter.

Of course there is still hope. I really hope that Atari does make the changes needed to really bring back the community, and save our beloved RCT series.

Paul_Boland
03-08-2015, 09:41 PM
https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?2291-Dev-Blog-5-You-round-here&p=10847&viewfull=1#post10847

Silvarret
03-09-2015, 02:15 AM
^ He confirms that what we see in the trailer is an early build. I'd like to note that he doesn't say that it's from a long time ago, that "early build" may be the phase development is in right now.

RCTW1
03-09-2015, 02:26 AM
Not to be negative, but I'm being very cautious.

Wabigbear
03-09-2015, 07:11 AM
^ He confirms that what we see in the trailer is an early build. I'd like to note that he doesn't say that it's from a long time ago, that "early build" may be the phase development is in right now.

That's absolutely correct. Unfortunately we've seen that morph into claims that the 'journalist' saw the exact same trailer before, or that the trailer is one year old, or that it's Pipeworks trailer and shows why they got 'fired'. Too many people hear are either embellishing what they hear, or just plain making it up. And then it gets passed around as 'FACT'. It's not.

CoasterKing84
03-09-2015, 07:29 AM
Pipeworks actually did listen and communicate with us so I do agree with Lonesome. Pipeworks was very informative, provided awesome screen shots, and handled us with care and respect. With area 52 and Atari joining forces I feel let down, they do not care about what we think or feel and that is exactly what that trailer showed us. I feel the only reason MattLab said it was from an earlier build was because of that ONE article gave him that answer to say. If the article didn't surface I guarantee you his answer would have been different, if we were to ever receive a explanation in the first place.

Think to yourself for one moment now! If the trailer was from an earlier build was that and earlier build from pipeworks after seeing their beautiful screen shots or was it an earlier build when area 52 joined? Because that barn ride that is heavily themed and that rollercoaster with that awful dip in the track we know came from area 52 I don't believe pipeworks would have went that route.

It's a big difference between the screen shots pipeworks put out vs the screen shots we have been shown since area 52 has been on the team. Also think about it since MattLab said they were preparing for GDC and we didn't receive any info for two weeks prior to the blog posted with an already seen box art to keep us content until this past Friday which we didn't get any information but yet had to search the forums only to find MattLab on in the midnight hours when less people were on writing responses about "early next week we will see a blog, pics, and an explanation he needs to think hard on to cover the trailer instead of just stating what happened in the first place we keep letting him buy time to make more and more excuses.

All the promises seem to be lies he tries to back peddle out of time and time again. Also with the time we didn't get a blog post since they were working so hard preparing for the GDC that they weren't official guests for the trailer should have been awesome. Yet they threw that trailer together and released it and it smacked them in the face now they had to change the release date, he has to explain what happened, and make new screen shots and game play to cover the tracks.

I sure hope they prove us wrong but until them I'm not as eager about the game actually I am very skeptical.

paulbriffett
03-09-2015, 07:57 AM
I hope that the next blog post is today. It's 11.56am here in England.

SparkyUK
03-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Mattlab stated in another thread that the graphics have a lot of work to be done, but I hope a lot of work is done to up the simulation realism, such as monorails doing 100mph into the station and stopping on a dime. Hopefully this is just code they've not spent time on yet, rather than how they feel we want it.

I'm not as outraged as some on here, as they've now pushed the release date back. I think some of us knew this was coming anyway. I don't think releasing that trailer was to anyones advantage, though.

Mithrando
03-09-2015, 09:39 AM
Why use footage from an early alpha build into a gameplay trailer? That is one of the worst marketing moves ever done. The outrage and comments says enough. I don't even understand why they did this, why not show more recent footage because clearly the engine is optimised when you look at other screens they released and the ones from pipeworks with the (in my opinion slightly overdone) depthblur.

Also zooming in on models so you can see the pixels from the textures is sooo not done. wth! O and why not show the spline based system in action in the trailer. It's one of the things that would make the trailer alot more exciting. The marketing team sucks (if there is one) maybe the game isn't but the marketing definitely is. There is just too much confusion and little info.

Bionic
03-09-2015, 09:41 AM
But then again Mattlab also said this in dev blog #2:

So the rides, objects, and coasters in the game are more detailed than ever before. Of course, everything is hi-res and we’ve packed objects and rides with tons of animations to give your creations a real authentic feel. We have taken full advantage of today’s next-gen technology to make sure that the game is more detailed than ever before. I don’t want to spoil the surprise but its amazing to see how things come to life from the moment you place down your first ride to the time a peep gets on and rides it. Additionally, the new scenery animatronics we have in the game add an immersive and beautiful element that your peeps will enjoy as they plan their next park adventure. The attention to and level of detail in RCTW’s art and animations is unprecedented in the history of the franchise.

I don't believe a single word that guy says unless I see a video of it all, and that trailer most certainly ain't it.

ExtraCheese
03-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Indeed Bionic! Unless Mattlab thinks it´s 2005.

Wabigbear
03-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I really welcome the pushing back of the release date too, and if they need to push it back even more to get a quality product then that's fine with me as well. Just keep us informed.

Christopher
03-09-2015, 02:09 PM
But then again Mattlab also said this in dev blog #2:

So the rides, objects, and coasters in the game are more detailed than ever before. Of course, everything is hi-res and we’ve packed objects and rides with tons of animations to give your creations a real authentic feel. We have taken full advantage of today’s next-gen technology to make sure that the game is more detailed than ever before. I don’t want to spoil the surprise but its amazing to see how things come to life from the moment you place down your first ride to the time a peep gets on and rides it. Additionally, the new scenery animatronics we have in the game add an immersive and beautiful element that your peeps will enjoy as they plan their next park adventure. The attention to and level of detail in RCTW’s art and animations is unprecedented in the history of the franchise.

I don't believe a single word that guy says unless I see a video of it all, and that trailer most certainly ain't it.

Exactly. This is all just bs to me. I don't think their current game looks any better than in the trailer because 'early build' can mean yesterday or some weeks ago. He didn't state that it was from Alpha.

RCTLOVER
03-09-2015, 02:51 PM
If they push back the date to summer, idc...its not like I'm going to be able to spend alot of time on the game anyways with school. And it will give them some time to make this game much better.

mrbigshot110
03-09-2015, 03:39 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/05/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-pc-video/

After seeing this video, I'm extremely pissed. I really pray they push the game back at this point. If this is what they went to GDC with, I can imagine them being laughed out of the building.

syfy2k4
03-09-2015, 03:44 PM
it all comes down to this one thing, the aftermath of the WORST MARKETING DECISION....EVER. if they are not 100% honest and transparent in dealing with the backlash, their screwed. this is not the time to let marketing do some double speak without saying a damn word, this is about the future of the company and its demise or survival. it's not just us watching, it's also Pantera, and Frontier, the gaming media, the stockholders (if this version of Atari even has any)..and the companies who partnered on this.

but hey, no pressure.

CoasterNazi666
03-09-2015, 06:15 PM
If only they knew how irritating it was to wait for a post from our "community manager"

mrbigshot110
03-09-2015, 06:45 PM
I'm really interested in seeing how they plan to recover from this, if they can. They've really hurt themselves with this. I've never see a gaming community so angry before. Waiting for this next development post.

coaster6
03-09-2015, 08:53 PM
So nothing?

TheCoasterGOd3
03-09-2015, 09:21 PM
So nothing?

Day's not over yet.

coaster6
03-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Day's not over yet. (slow music plays)

TheCoasterGOd3
03-09-2015, 09:32 PM
(slow music plays)

That's not a good sign is it?

iChase
03-09-2015, 09:33 PM
If they don't have the initiative to create a suitable trailer, I doubt they'll stay after typical work hours just to post something for what is clearly their biggest annoyance (us).

coaster6
03-09-2015, 09:35 PM
That's not a good sign is it? that's a sign that none of the Atari employees have the decency to tell me they're not posting one

TheCoasterGOd3
03-09-2015, 09:43 PM
that's a sign that none of the Atari employees have the decency to tell me they're not posting one

Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Time runs short. Hope's near dry. Tick Tock, Tick Tock.
I may be too late this time.
Jacobs 4.

coaster6
03-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Time runs short. Hope's near dry. Tick Tock, Tick Tock.
I may be too late this time.
Jacobs 4. wait are you quoting the Bible? I'm a Catholic but the only reason I'm questioning is Bc I don't think the Bible would have tick tick lol.

TheCoasterGOd3
03-09-2015, 09:47 PM
wait are you quoting the Bible? I'm a Catholic but the only reason I'm questioning is Bc I don't think the Bible would have tick tick lol.

Actually, I'm just living up to my name of being TheCoasterGod. I am not quoting the bible.

coaster6
03-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Actually, I'm just living up to my name of being TheCoasterGod. I am not quoting the bible. LOL. So is it worth it to stay up till 12? I'm Eastern time btw. The only reason I would is because that's when Mattlab answered last time, haha.

TheCoasterGOd3
03-09-2015, 09:56 PM
LOL. So is it worth it to stay up till 12? I'm Eastern time btw. The only reason I would is because that's when Mattlab answered last time, haha.

Actually, i'd wait until bedtime and then come back tomorrow. The only reason I stayed up for so long on Friday was because there was no school on Saturday.

iChase
03-09-2015, 10:00 PM
LOL. So is it worth it to stay up till 12? I'm Eastern time btw. The only reason I would is because that's when Mattlab answered last time, haha.
Dude go to bed, you'll be old and grey by the time you're done waiting for Atari. lol

coaster6
03-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Dude go to bed, you'll be old and grey by the time you're done waiting for Atari. lol what time is Atari on?

iChase
03-09-2015, 10:05 PM
I believe Pacific as they're headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA.

Edit: And it looks like Area 52 is based in Seattle, WA.

coaster6
03-09-2015, 10:09 PM

Edit: And it looks like Area 52 is based in Seattle, WA.I guess we'll never know. (takes out teleporter and goes back to 1999 to convince Chris Sawyer to get games published without Hasbro) lol

TheCoasterGOd3
03-09-2015, 10:12 PM

Edit: And it looks like Area 52 is based in Seattle, WA.

I think you just solved the problem.

Since Atari and Area 52 are from pacific regions, and apparently Florida is Atlantic, we're two hours early! Henceforth, we just have to wait two more hours!.....I hope.....

coaster6
03-09-2015, 10:14 PM
I think you just solved the problem.

Since Atari and Area 52 are from pacific regions, and apparently Florida is Atlantic, we're two hours early! Henceforth, we just have to wait two more hours!.....I hope..... Oh yeah! That's why we're the only 3 on the forums. Everybody from California are going through their regular day, while we sit out he on the forums!:D

coaster6
03-09-2015, 10:37 PM
Well, with that I think I give up hope, and start the hype for tomorrow!

Rykoo
03-10-2015, 04:09 AM
Lets hope they make something clear today. Maybe they some us the REAL traler. Just kidding ;)

smoothc
03-10-2015, 07:41 AM
This is so bad. I've been trying to understand this for a while, and have thus lurked rather than posted. I'm starting to lose hope. Well. I started a while ago I guess.

TataNiqqa
03-10-2015, 08:15 AM
COme on guys, the only time when you stop hoping is the time when dev blog 5 is a mistake. Before that, we can just hope until we get the right and perfect game we all want to buy and play :).

sanctus
03-10-2015, 08:40 AM
They must post devblog #5 today or a roller coaster will crash lol.

paulbriffett
03-10-2015, 08:45 AM
It's now 12:45pm Tuesday in the UK.

koekeritis
03-10-2015, 08:51 AM
They must post devblog #5 today or a roller coaster will crash lol.

Not just a normal rollercoaster. A rollercoaster FULL of angry peeps.

nafyus
03-10-2015, 10:16 AM
I think I'll stay away from this game now after that trailer. It was a bit heart breaking to be honest. But its OK because Frontier are coming back to the genre with their own game "Coaster Park Tycoon". Google it. So I think I'll wait for that one instead.

CoasterKing84
03-10-2015, 01:58 PM
I make a post about Frontier/coaster park tycoon and Atari deletes my post lol! I'm not the only one making those post but it's just me that gets deleted. Maybe if you guys at Atari and Area 52 would communicate with us more maybe our interest would still be 100% and not 13% be glad we are even still here waiting and waiting. At this point it's not even about the blog post anymore it's about the over all communication well lack thereof is what is really pissing "us" the fans off more and more. This is just unsatisfactory for any forum or blog. This is a real let down! Frontier please take notes of what not to do or how not to treat die hard fans in your community upon launch!

darkhorizon
03-10-2015, 02:41 PM
I make a post about Frontier/coaster park tycoon and Atari deletes my post lol! I'm not the only one making those post but it's just me that gets deleted. Maybe if you guys at Atari and Area 52 would communicate with us more maybe our interest would still be 100% and not 13% be glad we are even still here waiting and waiting. At this point it's not even about the blog post anymore it's about the over all communication well lack thereof is what is really pissing "us" the fans off more and more. This is just unsatisfactory for any forum or blog. This is a real let down! Frontier please take notes of what not to do or how not to treat die hard fans in your community upon launch!

They deleted mine too. This 100%.

darkhorizon
03-10-2015, 02:45 PM
And I didn't even mention Coaster Park Tycoon in my post...I just said that Frontier was based in the UK.

RCTLOVER
03-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be an update today? They really don't understand how to treat their fans.

ExtraCheese
03-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be an update today? They really don't understand how to treat their fans.

Yup, but the day isnt over yet...!

Aaronroberts
03-10-2015, 03:22 PM
btw. there is another new screenshot in one of the aricles about the gameplay trailer:
missing shadows, but hey we got the dark :)

http://ec0c5a7f741a6f3bff65-dd07187202f57fa404a8f047da2bcff5.r85.cf1.rackcdn.c om/images/xvF-EpsgS--o.jpg

What even... you get to ride the chains that are keeping the Gorilla in place? Is this Theme Park World?

0BobTheJanitor
03-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Mattlab just posted on one of the General Discussions thread. We will most likely be seeing the devlog tomorrow, as some information is still being confirmed.

Aaronroberts
03-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Oh my, I just realised what RCTW reminds me.
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256050/ss_613a1eb5c593f8f652fc5657ca7810e4f61ce9eb.1920x1 080.jpg?t=1384198987

That ADVENTURE PARK game on steam, only... worse

Nickster
03-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Generic scenery is what makes a good theme park sim. If you have constant crazy unrealistic themes, it makes the game less enjoyable. They can have that stuff, just not overkill like the post above.

coaster6
03-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Well, we're losing our freedom of speech.

Nickster
03-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Ya Matt locked all threads regarding 5, I bet it's coming today!

coaster6
03-10-2015, 03:45 PM
Ya Matt locked all threads regarding 5, I bet it's coming today! I'm killing myself if not:)

CoasterNazi666
03-10-2015, 03:51 PM
It's not coming till tomorrow because they have no additional information to share XD

GoobyPls
03-10-2015, 04:13 PM
It's not coming till tomorrow because they have no additional information to share XD

Haha, yeah, as if Mattlab shared important information in the previous dev. blogs ^^

CoasterNazi666
03-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Haha, yeah, as if Mattlab shared important information in the previous dev. blogs ^^

Yeah all the info was pretty much previously known, but I reckon if we have patience maybe things can recover and proceed like a normal game

CoasterKing84
03-10-2015, 05:01 PM
He doesn't have any further confirmed information yet lol he seems to me his is just a yes man for the company. He tells us what they tell him all they would like for us to know! By the way getting the blog post tomorrow is mid-week not early smh! This is bogus man I tell you!

RCTW1
03-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Wow, this is just crazy...in a rather bad way! :(

BigDaddy
03-10-2015, 06:18 PM
told you, they will tap dance and hide for a while. This thing is a disaster. They should be embarrassed.

0BobTheJanitor
03-10-2015, 06:19 PM
He doesn't have any further confirmed information yet lol he seems to me his is just a yes man for the company. He tells us what they tell him all they would like for us to know! By the way getting the blog post tomorrow is mid-week not early smh! This is bogus man I tell you!

What he means by confirmed is if marketing will allow him to share certain information.

mrbigshot110
03-10-2015, 06:30 PM
If it's not here by 11 EST I think bricks will be shat...

CoasterNazi666
03-10-2015, 06:30 PM
told you, they will tap dance and hide for a while. This thing is a disaster. They should be embarrassed. don't be so negative jesus! Look at general discussion and you will see Mattlab confirming tomorrow for the dev blog...

Wabigbear
03-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Unfortunately because he posted to a thread in General Discussion, a lot of people haven't seem mattlab's comments. But he did confirm that the screenshots released were done in-game, that custom scenery will be available after release, there will be a beta, and that he will post more information in a blog tomorrow after others involved have signed off on it.

CaseyCBeard
03-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Can you link us to that OBobTheJanitor?

CaseyCBeard
03-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Thanks Wabigbear!

Unfortunately because he posted to a thread in General Discussion, a lot of people haven't seem mattlab's comments. But he did confirm that the screenshots released were done in-game, that custom scenery will be available after release, there will be a beta, and that he will post more information in a blog tomorrow after others involved have signed off on it.

0BobTheJanitor
03-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Can you link us to that OBobTheJanitor?

I don't believe this was the post, but it's relevant:
https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?2381-MATTLAB-are-you-doing-a-blog-today/page3

As there is no additional information to share at this time and as mentioned we are working on the final details for the post I am closing this thread.

BigDaddy
03-10-2015, 11:16 PM
don't be so negative jesus! Well Im certainly not Jesus, but to be honest even Jesus probably couldnt save this game....

PixelPlayer
03-10-2015, 11:22 PM
Whats taking so long for #5 >.>

Nagta
03-11-2015, 12:32 AM
Maybe I'm not comprehending this well. Early 2015 to Early 2015, I can take that, we've waited for 10 years, few months wouldn't hurt if the game is polished.

Dev blog earlier this week, and now it's half way through the week. Are you guys polishing the dev blog too, or are you guys just afraid to be honest with the information? What's taking so long...

CaseyCBeard
03-11-2015, 12:41 AM
Thank you very much!

I don't believe this was the post, but it's relevant:
https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?2381-MATTLAB-are-you-doing-a-blog-today/page3

TataNiqqa
03-11-2015, 03:23 AM
Maybe I'm not comprehending this well. Early 2015 to Early 2015, I can take that, we've waited for 10 years, few months wouldn't hurt if the game is polished.

Dev blog earlier this week, and now it's half way through the week. Are you guys polishing the dev blog too, or are you guys just afraid to be honest with the information? What's taking so long...

Welk im actually not afraid anymore ;). Look at Matt's comments.

Rykoo
03-11-2015, 04:08 AM
Well lets hope he will post a blog today. Im afraid that we will have to wait for allot longer..

Noelchan
03-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Mattlab said, Atari will post a blog in EARLY THIS WEEK and today is Wednesday but there's still no blog post#5.
Tomorrow is Thursday which is LATE THIS WEEK. NOT EARLY THIS WEEK.

http://i.imgur.com/h30oq8I.png

We're still waiting for a new blog post.
Please don't disappoint us again Atari. :(

redyar
03-11-2015, 11:41 AM
Read more before posting. Mattlab told us yesterday that the blog will come today but he cannot promise any date.

Wabigbear
03-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Yesterday mattlab said the blog would be posted yesterday or today, probably today, because they were waiting on certain details to be confirmed first. He did not want to promise a date/time.

He posted a number of times yesterday in the General Discussion section on several threads.

Rykoo
03-11-2015, 11:45 AM
But its already 16:45 ( Holland ) and still nothing..

redyar
03-11-2015, 12:02 PM
Time difference between Holland and the states?...

Cahalean
03-11-2015, 12:09 PM
what r u really watoing for? Another blog with excuses, half promisses, no show and so on. if that is the case matttlab could just take a printscreen and show it, instead they let a half way sorry for excuse trailer go online. they´ve got nothing and if they do, they should have shown that. my bet is that they waited for excuses to let the game go and they got it.... so don't blame them but all of us for being negative and not open minded at all. this is a wate not because of Atari but equally as we gave up on them, and yes this is what they waited for...

TataNiqqa
03-11-2015, 12:45 PM
oh and yes,,, sorry for my English, would do a lot better in Swedish.....

Hade Atari ens haft en agenda hade dom sagt d nu... eftersom spelet inte ens är klart (Mattlabb sa att han filmade) sen kom gammal skit upp (om d nu e det) dom svarar inte på frågor o alla slickar röv så fort han öppnar sin mun... funkar inte så... tror mina svenska följare håller med... tror dom kommer lägga ner spelet all together och att denna tråden kommer bli låst för att jag inte skrev på engelska... ignorant.

I don't think a lot of people care about bad english communication. We can understand you and that's the most important thing we need in a community like this. Talking in Swedish won't help a lot.

MattZ
03-11-2015, 12:51 PM
If there's no update today I strongly suspect that the game will be canceled. Especially after the reaction from that horrific gameplay trailer.

ExtraCheese
03-11-2015, 12:57 PM
If there's no update today I strongly suspect that the game will be canceled. Especially after the reaction from that horrific gameplay trailer.

*sigh*. Mattlab responded yesterday on several threads. A blog will come today but I could not guarantee it as he was waiting for some things to be confirmed. I doubt he will write a blog about the game being cancelled.

koekeritis
03-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Time difference between Holland and the states?...

NYC is 5 hours behind holland.

Kombiice
03-11-2015, 01:39 PM

no.... it wont be canceled because the ingame footage is exactly like the devblog screenshots mattlab said....

Kombiice
03-11-2015, 01:41 PM
*sigh*. Mattlab responded yesterday on several threads. A blog will come today but I could not guarantee it as he was waiting for some things to be confirmed. I doubt he will write a blog about the game being cancelled. me too....

Thompso
03-11-2015, 01:54 PM
The game is already advertised on STEAM, they are going forward with this game whether its good or not.

Hanazakari86
03-11-2015, 02:04 PM
they still have much time to develop the game
Mid 2015 considered May June July Aug and it will be like a summer time of course so the morning will be longer (working day)
they can do a lot meanwhile and that if they didn't delay it to the last 4 months

RCT gamer
03-11-2015, 02:34 PM
oh and yes,,, sorry for my English, would do a lot better in Swedish.....

Hade Atari ens haft en agenda hade dom sagt d nu... eftersom spelet inte ens är klart (Mattlabb sa att han filmade) sen kom gammal skit upp (om d nu e det) dom svarar inte på frågor o alla slickar röv så fort han öppnar sin mun... funkar inte så... tror mina svenska följare håller med... tror dom kommer lägga ner spelet all together och att denna tråden kommer bli låst för att jag inte skrev på engelska... ignorant.

"would do a lot better in Swedish..." ??? :mad:

Translated in brief: Think they will put it down.

My own expectations? Some Years ago I read a thread in an Atari forum about a possible new RCT game: "We are thinking very hard..." etc. And so there was a long discussion about what people expected from that new game. Like in this forum. So some of us have waited a long time. If there now will be a minor delay of the game I don't think that is a disaster. And a delay of a blog post one week or two I think I can handle. I also think I will survive that trailer. The only thing that matters for me is that when RCT World finally is released, it will feel like a reasonable step ahead, compared to RCT 3. Walking around in my own or another guys park and test the rollercoasters etc will be something! if I understood that right. That will be enough for me to buy the game. Whenever it will be released. ;)

iChase
03-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Well Im certainly not Jesus, but to be honest even Jesus probably couldnt save this game....

*slowly rises and claps*

RCT gamer
03-11-2015, 03:01 PM
Well Im certainly not Jesus, but to be honest even Jesus probably couldnt save this game....

Well, I think many people didn't think he could save anything at all, in the beginning. Like the audiance in this forum, maybe. ;)
If it was anybody then who said 'Wait and see...' I think I'll recycle that expression and say: 'Wait and see...' :D

coaster6
03-11-2015, 05:47 PM
While i do have faith in Mattlab, I did think I was going to get one earlier. He has posted the rest around 9 E.T. usually, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's when we got it.

RandomMrBrick
03-11-2015, 06:08 PM
For Atari anyway, early next week means next 6 weeks :/
We are just gonna have to wait til we get some form of response from Mattlab I guess. We can't really do any more.

Nickster
03-11-2015, 06:18 PM
Keep in mind that it's Atari that's waiting on Area 52 on info. Mattlab is part of Atari so Area 52's communication must be piss poor.

coaster6
03-11-2015, 06:20 PM
I'll give them 3 hours.

Considering it's been 12 years.

And I was expecting this on Monday night.

Nickster
03-11-2015, 06:23 PM
I'll be live streaming this blog post soon!

coaster6
03-11-2015, 06:25 PM
I'll be live streaming this blog post soon! Assuming we get one..

CoasterNazi666
03-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Taking the mic a bit now

Indiglow
03-11-2015, 07:26 PM
They usually post around 6-9pm PST. So that's another 2-5 hours.

Since it's not published yet, that tells us this is likely going to be rushed to get out in time and won't have the info we want to hear.

Sorry but that's how I see it and I've been right every time.

ExtraCheese
03-11-2015, 07:34 PM
If this blog post fails to answer our questions / worries / doubts, I have no reason to be on this forum anymore.
If the blog post is full of the usual marketing bull**** I will wait for the game to eventually get published, read the reviews and decide whether to buy it or not. Being part of a community means to be taken seriously by the developers, which would definitely be not the case here (where is anyone from Area 52?). The fact that Mattlab keeps us somewhat informed is VERY BAD community managing. Has someone ever given feedback to one of the ideas / feature requests of the community?
This blog better be good or else Atari / Area 52 is enlarging their own wounds.

Nickster
03-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Eminem is in the background during Mattlab writing repeating, You only got one shot do not miss your chance blow, this opertunity come once in a lifetime ohhhhh!

Indiglow
03-11-2015, 08:11 PM
I got a bad feeling about blog #5.....hope everyone is ready for extreme disappointment...

They have to pull out all the tricks in this post to not lose millions and I gotta feeling it's not gonna happen.

JMR
03-11-2015, 08:13 PM
If this blog post fails to answer our questions / worries / doubts, I have no reason to be on this forum anymore.

Hopefully this is why they are taking their time to write blog post #5, because they know that it will be a huge deal for many of us.

Hopefully...

:)

TheCoasterGOd3
03-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Hopefully this is why they are taking their time to write blog post #5, because they know that it will be a huge deal for many of us.

Hopefully...

:)

"You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo."

Jacobs 9, Eminem 1

Nickster
03-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Arms are heavy.....

iChase
03-11-2015, 08:25 PM
If the blog post is full of the usual marketing bull**** I will wait for the game to eventually get published, read the reviews and decide whether to buy it or not. Being part of a community means to be taken seriously by the developers, which would definitely be not the case here (where is anyone from Area 52?). The fact that Mattlab keeps us somewhat informed is VERY BAD community managing. Has someone ever given feedback to one of the ideas / feature requests of the community?
This blog better be good or else Atari / Area 52 is enlarging their own wounds.

I've already surpassed blindly pre-ordering and I've moved on to waiting for the reviews and forum fallout. They definitely don't deserve a single pre-order at this point. Although now I'm considering not buying the game at all. It'll have to take some pretty glowing reviews to sell this game to me now. It's a crying shame, too. I'm a huge devotee to this series. I've poured so much of my life into these games, fandom for these games, and general support for the franchise.

I hate Atari. I don't hate them because of their awful business practices, or half-baked games. I hate them because they've made me no longer care about this series. RCTW has fallen off my radar of must-buy games and will become only a "well-I-have-the-money-for-it-right-now-and-I-guess-the-reviews-aren't-that-awful" sort of thing. Thank you Atari and Area 52 for destroying my love for my favorite video game series.

sanctus
03-11-2015, 08:40 PM
12:40am and no devblog 5 :/

CoasterKing84
03-11-2015, 08:49 PM
The clock is ticking, I'm just waiting, hoping that I will be proven wrong about the game. I'm being very optimistic at this point because I still have a small amount of hope left!

coaster6
03-11-2015, 08:51 PM
Arms are heavy..... there's vomit in his sweater already moms spaghetti

TheCoasterGOd3
03-11-2015, 08:59 PM
there's vomit in his sweater already moms spaghetti

Looks like we're going to have to jump!

MattZ
03-11-2015, 10:19 PM
They probably are in full crisis mode and don't know how to respond. What did they expect after releasing the trailer?

CoasterKing84
03-11-2015, 10:22 PM
Lmao smh this is all bad!!

Indiglow
03-11-2015, 10:26 PM
last time they said they would do it then it came around 9pm pst.

They have another 2 hours roughly in my book

coaster6
03-11-2015, 10:27 PM
Idk I think I'm done

warly
03-12-2015, 12:28 AM
That is so depressing. Getting up every morning and still reading "blog post #4". I know it's not your fault mattlab. But get your internal communication right, fire those guys that can't decide whether to confirm or not and keep your deadlines/promises. Or cancel the whole game so that we're done with worrying about it. Yes, i'm that discouraged about the game right now :(

Nickster
03-12-2015, 12:48 AM
That's what's really sad! Mattlab is just the messenger, he has to get through Area 52 for information, If Area 52 is not communicating correctly then he can't post the blog.

tycoon
03-12-2015, 02:17 AM
in what world is thursday or later, who knows at this point - maybe next week - 'early next week' when said last week?

and beyond that... 'waiting on confirmation of details' or whatever else - atari is the f'in publisher? what do you need to confirm? shouldn't you know?

this is just beyond bad.

you guys set the expectations, and for the most part people are like 'ok, fine' even if disgruntled, and beyond the fact that you've got some 'splainin to do after that trailer... but for the love of god, post what you've got and don't waste our time.

Sandsh8rk
03-12-2015, 04:47 AM
Congratulations Atari and Area 52, you've succeeded in pissing off multitudes of fans. gg RCT 1999-2015

crionics
03-12-2015, 05:53 AM
in what world is thursday or later, who knows at this point - maybe next week - 'early next week' when said last week?

The same world where "Tune in next week for a special GDC edition of our Production blog where we will have screenshots, news, and more" means "I won't post anything".

sanctus
03-12-2015, 07:49 AM
I've just wake up and nothing lol…

crick
03-12-2015, 07:49 AM
However, I am happy to share that we’re going to reveal our second trailer very soon! We wanted to make sure we continued the story that began in the first trailer, while also featuring gameplay footage in a way that only RCT can. We can’t wait to show you!

Yeah, but now everybody can't wait to read a credible reason for that desaster.

We have exacting standards - RCTW must stay true to the franchise, be of AAA quality, and please our most dedicated fans, along with those who have yet to discover the magic of RCT.

We hope it become true with the AAA quality.

Hanazakari86
03-12-2015, 07:56 AM
i always check the forums
Even at my workplace,, and nothing is up yet

TataNiqqa
03-12-2015, 10:42 AM
If Atari isn't posting a dev vlog this week, it'll be Rest in Pepperonis for RCTW :)

Carl-
03-12-2015, 02:25 PM
i always check the forums
Even at my workplace,, and nothing is up yet

Me too :( I'm trying to stay positive about this whole thing, but the more time that passes, without any official response to the concerns fans have, it becomes increasingly difficult.

Cabelle1863
03-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Me too :( I'm trying to stay positive about this whole thing, but the more time that passes, without any official response to the concerns fans have, it becomes increasingly difficult.

Same here. The lack of communication is what troubles me the most. Nearly every time I've seen this before with other franchises has led to bad news. It's giving me that, "Oh no, not again!" feeling. I want to be positive, but I'm increasingly concerned.

Nagta
03-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Atari "We can't wait to show you!"

We can't wait to see you show us something.

coaster6
03-12-2015, 03:21 PM
Yeah, but now everybody can't wait to read a credible reason for that desaster.

We hope it become true with the AAA quality. where did Mattlab say that?

RandomMrBrick
03-12-2015, 03:22 PM
I was thinking the same thing...

smoothc
03-12-2015, 03:40 PM
In a previous blog post?

crick
03-12-2015, 04:04 PM
where did Mattlab say that?

In this thread at the first post: [x (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?2137-RollerCoaster-Tycoon-World-Production-Blog-Post-4&p=8888&viewfull=1#post8888)]

GoobyPls
03-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Early next Week... seriously all you have to do is give us a statement on the current state of the game. It's really not that hard -.-'

coaster6
03-12-2015, 05:46 PM
Is anyone listening? This is utterly ridiculous.. I could curse and no one would notice. All we need is a dev blog or a simple post delaying the post for the fourth time. Can't you just tell us if we're getting one tonight??

Nickster
03-12-2015, 05:59 PM
Dark horizon I want people to leave Area 52 voicemails because I want people to let them know that we need communication in a nice way. Let them know we want to be treated like fans and not shot in the dark.

darkhorizon
03-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Dark horizon I want people to leave Area 52 voicemails because I want people to let them know that we need communication in a nice way. Let them know we want to be treated like fans and not shot in the dark.

Do what you think is right, I just think spamming their voicemail inbox isn't going to do any good. They don't even bother to read these forums - I don't think hearing a few voicemails from forum members is gonna make them any more willing to do anything.

I'm just as annoyed with them as anything else, but calling them is just...weird. But to each their own.

RCTLOVER
03-12-2015, 06:14 PM
"We will be posting soon" means that "Wait 7 months until we release a blog!"

VACkillers
03-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Getting a little frustraited now... very much... dev blog is bloody fking late... common now mattlab. Just post something, anything, just post about the things you DO have confirmation on.

Indiglow
03-12-2015, 07:05 PM
well, this isn't surprising....

Nickster
03-12-2015, 07:09 PM
The forums is turning against itself now, we have people making fake Mattlab accounts lol.

CoasterNazi666
03-12-2015, 07:11 PM
I know! Haha that was funny though

Nickster
03-12-2015, 07:49 PM
Area 52's voicemail is full so I'm guessing they arnt communicating at all! Oh noooooo

TheCoasterGOd3
03-12-2015, 08:09 PM
Area 52's voicemail is full so I'm guessing they arnt communicating at all! Oh noooooo

Ooooh, that explains everything!

gannondork14
03-12-2015, 08:17 PM
You know if I told my boss Id have something for sure by Wednesday and failed to at least get out what I could or explain why I couldn't I'd be fired. Maybe I should become a community manager, you can do whatever you feel like and get paid for it.

Tricky
03-12-2015, 08:36 PM
Nobody even asks about devlog 5 any more... Guess we all know it's not gonna happen today either. Then it has to be on a Friday like always.

gannondork14
03-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Nobody even asks about devlog 5 any more... Guess we all know it's not gonna happen today either. Then it has to be on a Friday like always.

which really means it wont come out until thursday of next week :P

Tricky
03-12-2015, 08:48 PM
which really means it wont come out until thursday of next week :P

I didn't say it was gonna be this Friday :D

gannondork14
03-12-2015, 08:58 PM
I didn't say it was gonna be this Friday :D

Hahaha true :)

CoasterKing84
03-12-2015, 09:23 PM
RCTW Dropping on PC Early 2035

sanctus
03-12-2015, 10:03 PM
2:02am - any news

Noelchan
03-12-2015, 10:23 PM
It's Friday.

syfy2k4
03-12-2015, 11:22 PM
wow, one of the most epic fails i've seen in a LONG time.

hell, this may yet provide us with a new Meme

TC224
03-12-2015, 11:38 PM
Do banked turns still exist in the RCT title?
I haven't seen any yet after RCT4M...

BillyBlaze
03-13-2015, 07:33 AM
This is it for me. I'm definetly not going to buy this game at full price. I can't deny I'm still excited about it, so maybe I will pick it up later if it happens to turn out decent (which I highly doubt). But I have NEVER EVER experienced any game developer treating his truest fans so sh_tty. Like, seriously, the people who were 99% likely to end up buying this game are disappointed and waiting for answers to their many questions - and they won't even take the time to post on the forum that there will be another delay (which would take 5 minutes)! I will definetly not support that kind of attitude towards customers.

sanctus
03-13-2015, 07:52 AM
This is it for me. I'm definetly not going to buy this game at full price. I can't deny I'm still excited about it, so maybe I will pick it up later if it happens to turn out decent (which I highly doubt). But I have NEVER EVER experienced any game developer treating his truest fans so sh_tty. Like, seriously, the people who were 99% likely to end up buying this game are disappointed and waiting for answers to their many questions - and they won't even take the time to post on the forum that there will be another delay (which would take 5 minutes)! I will definetly not support that kind of attitude towards customers.

I think the same 👏

Wayne
03-13-2015, 08:14 AM

This is happening more and more with AAA developers. Take EA, and GTAV for example. Delays, delays, then you get the game and there are so many bugs and unpolished things. Its sad they can throw so much money at games, but they come out so bad. I still have hope for this game, and I'm just watching people get more frustrated. I would think so kinda blog post, Facebook post or something would come out saying they are sorry for the wait, and mean it. But we will see.

CoasterKing84
03-13-2015, 09:17 AM
I hate to say this but man Atari and Area 52 this has been one heck of a roller coaster ride it had its fun moments and it's terrible moments,however I checked out themeparkitect.Com and the website is nice, the devlog is very informative as they complete steps they show video footage of what they implemented in the game and if they make changes they show footage of that as well. I love how there is a node system for coasters, can make flat rides, and the big key for me is that the peeps actually walk on the coaster and Walk to their seats and actually sit down (THE DO NO TELEPORT), and they actually interact with their community, and it's a business production where you can actually hire and fire peeps to work the food booths etc. Full money management and peeps have recognition of things in the game such as which transport ride will take them to the ride they want to get on. It's awesome. Cons of the game can't ride the coasters and the trees and other scenery are very cartoon like but overall nice production. Check it out it can be used to keep us occupied until coaster park tycoon comes out.

Atari and Area 52 you guys need to check out their website as well so you can see how to communicate and release devlogs in a proper manner and if nothing is available to post SIMPLY JUST SAY SO

BillyBlaze
03-13-2015, 09:31 AM
This is happening more and more with AAA developers. Take EA, and GTAV for example. Delays, delays, then you get the game and there are so many bugs and unpolished things. Its sad they can throw so much money at games, but they come out so bad. I still have hope for this game, and I'm just watching people get more frustrated. I would think so kinda blog post, Facebook post or something would come out saying they are sorry for the wait, and mean it. But we will see.
I don't mind delays. There seem to be really big problems with the game, development-wise and probably also financially. I think everyone agrees that it is better to wait longer for the game than to get an unfinished product at full price. But the least they could do is take care of this community and tell people that the next blog post is not coming early this week as promised, instead of making everyone check the site five times per day because the post is overdue. This would take one person to write a post for 5 minutes and require zero "confirmed information". But they don't seem to care at all. I have no idea what they are thinking.

Fun fact: Some weeks ago I forgot my password for this forum and the password recovery function didn't work. So I wrote both to the Atari support and to the board administrator. I have never received any response. Seems like Atari is already dead and nobody is even working there anymore...

Knobs
03-13-2015, 10:18 AM
:( All these negative comments and flames. For a reason.
I think there is a storm in the Atari HQ. After that trailer and those awful comments and reactions they got scared.
Probably that's why it's taking so long to release the dev blog 5. I'm losing my hopes, and they were so big ...
God damn, 10 years of waiting for this ... Makes a fan very, very sad.

MattZ
03-13-2015, 12:13 PM
I think there is a storm in the Atari HQ. After that trailer and those awful comments and reactions they got scared.
Probably that's why it's taking so long to release the dev blog 5. I'm losing my hopes, and they were so big ...

Yup. They are in full damage control mode. Probably sitting around deciding what to do next.

At least we still have Frontier's Coaster Park Tycoon. That looks like it may be the real successor to RCT3

RCTW1
03-13-2015, 01:00 PM
This just might be strike 3 for Atari.

mrbigshot110
03-13-2015, 01:05 PM
I'm still just deeply saddened by all this. Don't know what to expect.

GoobyPls
03-13-2015, 02:12 PM

I don't understand what is taking them so long, though...
if I were in charge, i would get a statement out asap to calm the crowd. But nothing happens.
The stuff posted by Mattlab doesn't help much, except a few bits here and there (Beta for example).
Atari is giving us a hard time to have hope.

Menno
03-13-2015, 04:03 PM
That is so depressing. Getting up every morning and still reading "blog post #4". I know it's not your fault mattlab. But get your internal communication right, fire those guys that can't decide whether to confirm or not and keep your deadlines/promises. Or cancel the whole game so that we're done with worrying about it. Yes, i'm that discouraged about the game right now :(

I'm guessing those guys/girls are above him and therefore unfireable.

sanctus
03-13-2015, 09:04 PM
This week is finishing and there's no fcking devblog 5 lol I'm done

Hanazakari86
03-14-2015, 05:07 AM
This week is finishing and there's no fcking devblog 5 lol I'm done

I think I'am Done Too
there are other games to be released either for ps4 or pc and we are still here yelling and shouting for a game we don't anything about it anymore.
I've been checking this website even at my job's place -seeking for hope of new updates about
everyday I say to myself: wait for another day,,wait for another day on and on
always praying
and got nothing after all

so I think I am done too unless mattlab answering our questions

sanctus
03-14-2015, 08:39 AM
I think I'am Done Too
there are other games to be released either for ps4 or pc and we are still here yelling and shouting for a game we don't anything about it anymore.
I've been checking this website even at my job's place -seeking for hope of new updates about
everyday I say to myself: wait for another day,,wait for another day on and on
always praying
and got nothing after all

so I think I am done too unless mattlab answering our questions

Right, I preffer to be waiting to parkitect an CPT and get a game that I'm sure it's good, than be hoping for one that I don't know nearly nothing... If there is some truly new this week I'll be back with my hope and if these news are nice, I'll buy this game.