PDA

View Full Version : Mattlab, Be honest with us.

ddrplaya4638
02-26-2015, 10:00 PM
What's going on with GDC, are you guys attending or not? Did developers switch again? Is this game coming out this year? Where has all of our wonderful communication gone?

Epic Wink
02-27-2015, 03:36 AM
Hype is only bad when dealt with wrong. It's a free advertising avenue.

I would have thought we'd have heard something about RCTW not making an appearance at GDC, and am also a little bit confused why there isn't anything

ExtraCheese
02-27-2015, 04:05 AM
Worst part is that Matt even announced they were attending GDC, while they are not.
Maybe as visitors, but then he shouldn't told us.

LooseKid187
02-27-2015, 10:38 AM
Iv been thinking about the hole GDC thing, at e3 Playstation announced that gtav was coming to PS4, they did this on behalf of rockstar. Who would have supplied the infomation to sony previously. Is it possible we could see this happen with RCTW.. thoughts?

darkhorizon
02-27-2015, 11:12 AM
It would be nice if Mattlab could clear this up for us.

Cue the "Sorry guys, been so busy traveling to such and such, so busy making videos and getting ready for GD...wait, what was I saying?" :)

ddrplaya4638
02-27-2015, 11:48 AM
I think all of us just want to be in the loop a little. If something happened that they cannot attend GDC that's fine but don't let us find out through other sources. We are the loyal fans of RCT we deserve some communication.

allen
02-27-2015, 12:47 PM
If your familiar the way theme parks keep the next big coaster a secret, its the same with game developers.

mb1.0.2
02-27-2015, 01:44 PM
^
I get that...but once that coaster HAS been announced, there's a media blitz. Stats are released, construction cams are set up, propaganda, commercials, the whole 9 yards. The lead-up to a coaster's reveal may be secret, but upon announcing it, it's anything but that. It's kinda hard to hide a coaster, though, in all fairness.

Atari already announced RCTW, started forums, and asked for feedback. I get not wanting to give everything away, but at the same time, completely ignoring legitimate concerns/questions isn't being secretive, it's being shady. At least that's how it comes across. There are several other developers out there that are most definitely interacting and communicating with the public via forums/social media/dev blogs/etc. If RCTW was a speculation, then I'd understand the secrecy. It's not. It's out there: it's supposedly coming (and soon). The shocking lack of info at this point reeks of mismanagement or something highly irregular happening on the development side.

allen
02-27-2015, 03:08 PM
You have a point as the way I had a point. My point is that even though there is a announcement, it doesn't mean every detail is shared. You see trailers for games all the time that are nothing more than CGI created and no actual game footage. There are devs that are keeping an eye on RCTW to see what some of the features are.
As far as mismanagement is concerned, this is a real possibility as the original developer was replaced. But I can a sure you that its not the first time this has happened.

mb1.0.2
02-27-2015, 05:46 PM
No, you're right. Not every detail is shared, nor should it be. But let's be honest: for a game coming out in the next few months, shouldn't there be at least a BIT more information given? We've seen very little.

tycoon
02-27-2015, 06:18 PM
maybe he's been so quiet because he's been sooo busy working on the next developers blog post... it is friday after all :rolleyes:

Nickster
02-27-2015, 07:41 PM
EDIT: NVM he's the one that posted the RCT3 announcement today. Hopefully its RCTW turn soon.