PDA

View Full Version : What if AREA 52 is backing out? another change in developers?

a-can-o-beans
02-26-2015, 11:31 AM
just a thought i have been having. anyone else have anything to add?

ExtraCheese
02-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Well it would explain a lot... We haven't heard from Area 52 for a loooooong time. Mattlab is the only one communicating here and he is not a developer.

Mattlab also announced they were attending GDC, while neither Atari or Area 52 is listed. This could mean another company is showcasing RCTW.

a-can-o-beans
02-26-2015, 11:48 AM
Well it would explain a lot... We haven't heard from Area 52 for a loooooong time. Mattlab is the only one communicating here and he is not a developer.

Mattlab also announced they were attending GDC, while neither Atari or Area 52 is listed. This could mean another company is showcasing RCTW.

i really hope RCTW doesn't get cancelled... that would get me right in the feels

ExtraCheese
02-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Yes that would be devastating!
However I don't think the game will be cancelled. Matt announced a few days ago the game would make it's appearance on Steam. This would be a big step towards a release :)

VACkillers
02-26-2015, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't really speculate that just yet until there is more concrete info because just coz their maybe not attending GDC doesn't mean anything, plenty of games aren't shown until E3 these days. Yes we all are patiently waiting for new info and yeah mattlab is the only person on this entire project saying anything at all which can itself be a hint sometimes but we'll just have to wait and see at this point, no point getting all worked up over nothing yet...

a-can-o-beans
02-26-2015, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't really speculate that just yet until there is more concrete info because just coz their maybe not attending GDC doesn't mean anything, plenty of games aren't shown until E3 these days. Yes we all are patiently waiting for new info and yeah mattlab is the only person on this entire project saying anything at all which can itself be a hint sometimes but we'll just have to wait and see at this point, no point getting all worked up over nothing yet...

im not worked up. but it still seems odd that atari isnt listed for GDC and we haven't heard from anyone in almost a month. just speculation but i will wait for more info

Menno
02-26-2015, 03:45 PM
Maybe we are going for a Duke Nukem Forever dev cycle here. So 2020 the game will come out? :P

king_austin95
02-26-2015, 03:45 PM
NO! i don't want this game to be canceled. 0_0 that would be terrible

VACkillers
02-26-2015, 04:18 PM
Maybe we are going for a Duke Nukem Forever dev cycle here. So 2020 the game will come out? :P

naaaa that's GTA V and rockstar... :D

timtimmy
02-26-2015, 09:39 PM
naaaa that's GTA V and rockstar... :D

Too true. Can't believe R* pushed it back again to April 14. :mad:

GoobyPls
02-27-2015, 05:57 AM
im not worked up. but it still seems odd that atari isnt listed for GDC and we haven't heard from anyone in almost a month. just speculation but i will wait for more info

Also it seems worrying that Mattlab hasn't even tried to clarify the GDC situation, if and how they are attending or not.
But that's what hes best at - ignoring :/

ExtraCheese
02-27-2015, 06:18 AM
Indeed... Well it's for sure they are not attending GDC as an exhibitor, which is very disappointing especially because Mattlab announced they were and that we would get more information then.

I'm losing hope and think that Atari / Area 52 are digging their own graves.

RCTW1
02-27-2015, 08:37 AM
ExtraCheese, I'm beginning to have the same sad thoughts as well. :(

Vampiro
02-27-2015, 08:47 AM
Buh.. they are very good in killing hype. They really have to give us some answers now.

This game was announced somewhere in October? November?
So thats 4 month's ago, with a presumed release in early 2015 and all we got are about 6? 7? screenshots.

Definatly not seeming good. Please let us know what's going on.

RCTW1
02-27-2015, 08:53 AM
The release date doesn't even bother me. It's the lack of info and screenshots.

Wabigbear
02-27-2015, 09:57 AM
If they came here, posted that for whatever reason things have been delayed and that more information will be available at a later date I think most people would be totally supportive, patient and understanding. Especially if, whenever the game finally IS ready, they release information like they should in the first place.

But that's not how Atari operates.

LooseKid187
02-27-2015, 10:43 AM
Too true. Can't believe R* pushed it back again to April 14. :mad:

I own every gta on pc and i must be the only one that isnt upset about the recent delay. If the game isnt finised. It isnt finished. I dont want a copy of IV.. Horrible..

Rct wont be and isnt canned, we will get info soon. Will see what happens with area 52.