PDA

View Full Version : B&Ms? Intamins? Vekomas? Can someone please explain!

Jellehtin
02-24-2015, 01:50 PM
Okay, while this has nothing to do with the game, its something I've wanted to know.
So, basically, What are B&Ms, Intamins, and any other type of rollercoaster people talk about all the time, and whats the difference? :confused:

Okay everyone, I asked you a question, and you answered, and I am thankful for that :) But there's no need to argue, so please, people, :(

Caine
02-24-2015, 02:02 PM
These are producers of Rollercoasters. B&M stands for Bolliger&Mabillard (Switzerland) Examples in Germany: Black Mamba (Phantasialand), Silverstar (Europapark). Intamin is a producer in Switzerland and they are famous for their accelerated coasters Example: DesertRace (Heidepark).
You can differentiate the producers if you look at the tracks, and the people at this forum want different track types and so they speak of the producers.

Other producers: Gerstlauer, Mack Rides, Custom Coasters International (CCI), Vekoma
(This list is not complete, just a few bigger companies)

king_austin95
02-24-2015, 03:08 PM
i think it'd make more sense to call them by their RCT names like junior steel coaster, corkscrew coaster, etc. like seriously not every RCT fan is a coaster GEEK that knows all of the terms and producers, etc.

Caine
02-24-2015, 03:43 PM
i think it'd make more sense to call them by their RCT names like junior steel coaster, corkscrew coaster, etc. like seriously not every RCT fan is a coaster GEEK that knows all of the terms and producers, etc.

I agree, because you cant differentiate coaster styles only through the producer (like a few guys on this forum do this). For example some people speak of B&M when they mean suspended/inverted coasters but B&M produces not only these coaster styles and there are suspended/inverted coasters from other producers like vekoma or intamin etc.

ncutt010
02-24-2015, 06:32 PM
Okay, while this has nothing to do with the game, its something I've wanted to know.
So, basically, What are B&Ms, Intamins, and any other type of rollercoaster people talk about all the time, and whats the difference? :confused:

Google it...

LooseKid187
02-24-2015, 09:27 PM
Google it...

Really? That's literally the best thing you can say?? Why bother?

Personally. In Australia. There is like 5 or 6 rollercoasters. And they are all on the east coast. In the one place. People like myself have no idea know what these names stand for. I have always wondered.

Have you ever typed B&M into google yourself? This is what u get https://www.google.com.au/search?site=&source=hp&ei=GiTtVJnjEJLU8gWQ54LoAg&q=neil+patrick+harris&oq=&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.2.41l3.0.0.0.1955.1.1.0.1.1.0.346.346.3-1.1.0.msedr...0...1c..62.mobile-gws-hp..0.1.60.3.V683L8S0I3w#q=+B%26M
Right down at the bottom of the page it comes up....

Ever heard of a B&M shifter? B&M automotive? Probably not. Google B&M u can find out all about these things.

Sorry to rant.

Vampiro
02-24-2015, 10:35 PM
Hmz, lets put an end to this by (trying) to give a correct answer.

Intamin, B&M, Mack, Vekoma, they are all rollercoaster design consultancys. When looking at the track type you can most often determine te type (altough thats not always the case). I've always learned a picture tells more then a 1000 words so here we go with some example's :

B&M :

Intamin :

Vekoma :

king_austin95
02-24-2015, 10:56 PM
Hmz, lets put an end to this by (trying) to give a correct answer.

Intamin, B&M, Mack, Vekoma, they are all rollercoaster design consultancys. When looking at the track type you can most often determine te type (altough thats not always the case). I've always learned a picture tells more then a 1000 words so here we go with some example's :

B&M :

Intamin :

Vekoma :

intamin= giga coaster
B&M= wide hyper coaster(i think)
vekoma= corkscrew coaster

how hard is it to FREAKING call them giga coaster, corkscrew coaster, etc. so that everyone that's not a 'coaster freak that knows all the specific names' knows what you're talking about when you call them by their RCT name?!?!?! i mean seriously

ncutt010
02-24-2015, 10:58 PM
Really? That's literally the best thing you can say?? Why bother?

Personally. In Australia. There is like 5 or 6 rollercoasters. And they are all on the east coast. In the one place. People like myself have no idea know what these names stand for. I have always wondered.

Have you ever typed B&M into google yourself? This is what u get https://www.google.com.au/search?site=&source=hp&ei=GiTtVJnjEJLU8gWQ54LoAg&q=neil+patrick+harris&oq=&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.2.41l3.0.0.0.1955.1.1.0.1.1.0.346.346.3-1.1.0.msedr...0...1c..62.mobile-gws-hp..0.1.60.3.V683L8S0I3w#q=+B%26M
Right down at the bottom of the page it comes up....

Ever heard of a B&M shifter? B&M automotive? Probably not. Google B&M u can find out all about these things.

Sorry to rant.

Try googling "B&M coasters. literally the first link that shows up will tell you everything you need so know...smh

https://www.google.de/search?q=B%26M+coasters#
https://www.google.de/search?q=B%26M+coasters#q=intamin+coasters
https://www.google.de/search?q=B%26M+coasters#q=Vekoma+coasters

While your at it you should probably read this article about tips on google searching.
Might be good to know considering its 2015.
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/20-tips-use-google-search-efficiently.html

king_austin95
02-24-2015, 10:59 PM
Try googling "B&M coasters. Obviously you have no idea how to google things.

https://www.google.de/search?q=B%26M+coasters#
https://www.google.de/search?q=B%26M+coasters#q=intamin+coasters

nobody should have to google anything. you guys should use the simple rct terms like giga coaster and corkscrew coaster. its NOT HARD

a-can-o-beans
02-24-2015, 11:08 PM
nobody should have to google anything. you guys should use the simple rct terms like giga coaster and corkscrew coaster. its NOT HARD

RCT based its trains off of real life coaster tracks and trains. would you call a ford anything other than a ford? so we shouldn't be using RCT terms for real life coaster manufacturers. you can use them but don't get mad when one of us "nerds" uses the correct terminology.

ncutt010
02-24-2015, 11:25 PM
intamin= giga coaster

how hard is it to FREAKING call them giga coaster, corkscrew coaster, etc. so that everyone that's not a 'coaster freak that knows all the specific names' knows what you're talking about when you call them by their RCT name?!?!?! i mean seriously

How hard is it just to google the manufactures if you dont know what it is?..lol

I admit I didnt know what B&M, intamin, and vekoma coasters were....but when I googled it all becamse crystal clear!!...(literally took all of 30 secs)

And you are mistaken if you think B&M coasters are only hyper coasters, vekoma coasters are only corkscrew coasters, and intamin are only giga coasters. B&M, vekoma, and Intamin are coaster manufactures. They design all types of coasters...(All the good ones)

B&M = http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/

Intamin = http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amusement/RollerCoasters/tabid/107/language/de-DE/Default.aspx

Vekoma = http://www.vekoma.com/

Boom! learn something new every day.

king_austin95
02-25-2015, 03:34 AM
RCT based its trains off of real life coaster tracks and trains. would you call a ford anything other than a ford? so we shouldn't be using RCT terms for real life coaster manufacturers. you can use them but don't get mad when one of us "nerds" uses the correct terminology.

i'm just saying if you want people to understand you you should say what everyone understands.

king_austin95
02-25-2015, 03:36 AM
How hard is it just to google the manufactures if you dont know what it is?..lol

I admit I didnt know what B&M, intamin, and vekoma coasters were....but when I googled it all becamse crystal clear!!...(literally took all of 30 secs)

And you are mistaken if you think B&M coasters are only hyper coasters, vekoma coasters are only corkscrew coasters, and intamin are only giga coasters. B&M, vekoma, and Intamin are coaster manufactures. They design all types of coasters...(All the good ones)

B&M = http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/

Intamin = http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amusement/RollerCoasters/tabid/107/language/de-DE/Default.aspx

Vekoma = http://www.vekoma.com/

Boom! learn something new every day.

my point is nobody should have to google anything. so shut up smarta$$

Caine
02-25-2015, 04:10 AM
intamin= giga coaster

But it is wrong to call a hyper coaster a B&M, or giga coaster Intamin. The companies have other styles to offer and i think there are more suspended coasters of B&M than hypercoasters. So I agree to call the coasters not by their producer.

Vampiro
02-25-2015, 05:59 AM
How hard is it... To be a little friendly around here?

Really, we are all here for our fun an amusement, let's all try to be a bit polite and friendly, even when you don't agree with people right away.

ncutt010
02-25-2015, 07:59 AM
my point is nobody should have to google anything. so shut up smarta$$

Whoa whoa whoa!!... No need to be negative here..

I think were saying its easier to simply say a group of coasters instead of listing all 30+ coasters

I honestly hope they include every coaster type from all three manufacturers... I admit I'll be disappointed if they exclude any considering theyre all great modern day coasters

coaster6
02-25-2015, 08:34 AM
intamin= giga coaster

how hard is it to FREAKING call them giga coaster, corkscrew coaster, etc. so that everyone that's not a 'coaster freak that knows all the specific names' knows what you're talking about when you call them by their RCT name?!?!?! i mean seriously dude you need to chill out. You already have two posts freaking out and can't accept a little wondering. For example, in GTAV, all the cars have different names. The symbols are all slightly changed from thier real life counterparts. I don't call my Audi by its in game name, I call it the way that it's much more recognized. It's not easy to find information about these companies. They don't have very intuitive websites. So let's all try to take a deep breath and help someone out. Trust me you'll feel a lot better helping then hating!:)

king_austin95
02-25-2015, 05:57 PM
But it is wrong to call a hyper coaster a B&M, or giga coaster Intamin. The companies have other styles to offer and i think there are more suspended coasters of B&M than hypercoasters. So I agree to call the coasters not by their producer.

thank you.

RCTW1
02-25-2015, 08:48 PM
thank you.

I agree. That's like calling a Camery or Highlander as just Toyota, or Swiss or Gouda as just Cheese.

CreamyBeef
02-26-2015, 03:59 PM
Uhh no. We are coaster fans and enthusiasts here, we will use those terms because the majority of people here are enthusiasts and there is no need to.

Jellehtin
02-26-2015, 06:27 PM
Okay. I was just asking a question, and you guys answered it for me, and I thank you for that :). But there's no need to argue people, please. :(

ExtraCheese
02-26-2015, 07:12 PM
Lol people are getting grumpy because of no information and communication >_<

king_austin95
02-27-2015, 07:53 AM
Lol people are getting grumpy because of no information and communication >_<

yes. need more info

RCTW1
02-27-2015, 08:45 AM
Uhh no. We are coaster fans and enthusiasts here, we will use those terms because the majority of people here are enthusiasts and there is no need to.

Umm No, just because some people don't use those terms, doesn't make them less fans or enthusiasts.

LooseKid187
02-27-2015, 10:35 AM
Umm No, just because some people don't use those terms, doesn't make them less fans or enthusiasts.

He is correct, this is a rct GAME fan forum, not a real life coster fan site.

king_austin95
02-27-2015, 03:28 PM
thanks you guys

darkhorizon
02-27-2015, 04:44 PM
People can use what ever terminology they want. The fact that this is even an issue to some of you is ridiculous.

king_austin95
02-27-2015, 10:36 PM
People can use what ever terminology they want. The fact that this is even an issue to some of you is ridiculous.

let people think what they want and have their own opinions

a-can-o-beans
02-28-2015, 01:23 AM

thats kind of funny coming from you... no offence..

darkhorizon
02-28-2015, 01:25 AM

I never said people can't have their own opinions?

You are just upset because I called you young (jokingly, but with every new post from you it rings truer and truer...) on another thread and you took it oh-so-offensively, and now you are going to try and spark little petty arguments with me any chance you get.

Grow up and get over it.

king_austin95
02-28-2015, 02:46 AM
I never said people can't have their own opinions?

You are just upset because I called you young (jokingly, but with every new post from you it rings truer and truer...) on another thread and you took it oh-so-offensively, and now you are going to try and spark little petty arguments with me any chance you get.

Grow up and get over it.

i'm not even upset anymore. that was a WHILE ago. i'm already over it.

Edit: i also meant let those that think its an issue think that. don't call them ridiculous. i'm not targeting you either like you thought i was.

king_austin95
02-28-2015, 02:49 AM
thats kind of funny coming from you... no offence..

no offense taken ;)
i didn't say that rule applied to me. lolz :p

LooseKid187
02-28-2015, 04:07 AM
This thread really proves we dont have mods or admin staff checking haha

king_austin95
02-28-2015, 10:38 AM
This thread really proves we dont have mods or admin staff checking haha

haha. ikr. they're bad at managing the forums.