PDA

View Full Version : Rollercoaster Tycoon World box art! Awesome!!

Paul_Boland
02-20-2015, 08:07 PM
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00SWEUHG8/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_it_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay0b-21&ascsubtag=4d778ed3ea70b0d0153671b910dc7333_S&dra_hfr=s&dra_ohs=48-72

The box art is fantastic!!

Paul_Boland
02-20-2015, 08:13 PM

Looks really great!!

garretslarrity
02-20-2015, 08:13 PM
I like it.

TheAmigosGroup
02-20-2015, 08:16 PM
Wow, that looks really nice! Hopefully the rides shown on the art will all make an appearance in the game :)

tycoon
02-20-2015, 08:17 PM
lol, see now that's a missed opportunity. sure, it's nice... but if for instance, they just posted that last week, it would have stopped a whole week worth of complaining on the forums and would have been deemed a nice 'update' :)

TheAmigosGroup
02-20-2015, 08:19 PM
lol, see now that's a missed opportunity. sure, it's nice... but if for instance, they just posted that last week, it would have stopped a whole week worth of complaining on the forums and would have been deemed a nice 'update' :)

Yep, they certainly should have released this before. I just hope this isn't the 'new' image we get in the next update

Thompso
02-20-2015, 08:23 PM
I see the swinging pirate ship is back. Love those loops and curvy style wooden coasters. I don't see the Dingy coaster or bob sled :(

Anyway this is just a cover art but yeah the cover looks great!

VACkillers
02-20-2015, 08:24 PM
I like it...

Thompso
02-20-2015, 08:28 PM
Looking at this makes me so excited! ! I know this is probably a place holder but April 30th or May, is great

Thompso
02-20-2015, 08:35 PM
Here is the product description in English
Recommend this item
Product Description
Description
Beloved by fans RollerCoaster Tycoon series scales new heights with RollerCoaster Tycoon World! RCTW is packed with everything fans love about the series so, and also offers many new features and innovations, such as the 3D track editor, deformable terrain, realistic coaster physics and the ability to present your creations to share with others. Reasons together with friends a parking company and compete with other players from around the world. Enjoy the ride of your life on a rollercoaster create yourself, entertain your guests park as you create spectacular attractions and become the next RollerCoaster Tycoon!

Features
Innovative Course Maker:
Create the coolest possible and wildest roller coasters with the best track editor of the series.
For the first time Streckenbau in 3D!
For the first time routes are fully editable in 3D.
Large selection of farm equipment:
Create your own park with a variety of rides, attractions, shops, decorations, etc. Personalize your park from a selection of predefined locations. In addition, other venues will be available as free updates later.
Drive your own roller coasters:
Climb in and experience a ride on your roller coasters from different camera angles, including first-person view.
Online and single player modes:
Games online with friends or other players, and save your farm in the cloud. You can also play alone in single mode.
Make an amusement park companies:
Team up with friends together, founding a theme park company, claiming yourself against other players from around the world and climb in the rankings to the top.
Play with friends:
Connect via Steam or Facebook and look at how the park of your friends always continue to grow. Invite your friends to join your company, and share them with roller coaster designs!
Visit other parks:
Walk through the park that have been created by your friends, and go and review the roller coasters and thrill rides.
Deformable terrain:
A classic feature is back! The terrain will be completely deformed and allows you to change the landscape and build breathtaking attractions - all in full 3D.
Steam Trading Cards:
Collect, trade and sell Steam Trading Cards.
Complete park management:
Keep the different areas of your park in the view to your guests please and to increase sales.

tycoon
02-20-2015, 08:42 PM

WOW, Streckenbau in 3D and farm equipment?! Now I'm excited!!! ;)

darkhorizon
02-20-2015, 08:44 PM
Large selection of farm equipment

Finally! I was wondering when we were gonna be able to farm in the game.

Amdixer
02-20-2015, 09:06 PM
Am I the only one who noticed that apparently a "release date" is going to be april 30th? Amazon says it was placed on april 30th but it's not even close to that date yet. So maybe this is the release date!

larrsie
02-20-2015, 10:21 PM
Also, it says 'Zusätzlich werden später noch weitere Schauplätze als kostenlose Updates erhältlich sein.', Which translates into us getting free updates with extra themes for decorations and such!

+ Steam and Facebook integration (couldn't care less about facebook tbh)
+ Steam trading card integration
+ A deeper tycoon aspect maybe? The description suggests that you need to keep up the happiness of your guests in order to maximize revenue.. (sweet)

chardo440
02-20-2015, 10:22 PM
What is Streckenbau?

larrsie
02-20-2015, 10:33 PM
Streckenbau has to do with the coaster on the box art that loops through the wooden coaster I think. You can see the circular gap the supports make.. Maybe we can build and edit supports for coasters ourselves now.

ddrplaya4638
02-20-2015, 10:38 PM
One thing that strikes me as odd is that all the coasters and rides seem like older ones. There are no newer flat rides or coaster types on the box art. You would think that would be something to display, but it does look cool.

Ultramankiller
02-20-2015, 11:09 PM
Finally! I was wondering when we were gonna be able to farm in the game.

I think google translator screwed up in the translation I think it is supposed to say park.
"Große Auswahl an Park–Equipment:"
translates to
"Large selection of farm equipment:"

But later it says
"Online and single player modes:
Games online with friends or other players, and save your FARM in the cloud."

Also German to English translation of park is park. I have a feeling though it covers more than amusement park in German which is why it got translated to farm, like garden or grounds.

darkhorizon
02-20-2015, 11:21 PM
I think google translator screwed up in the translation I think it is supposed to say park.
"Große Auswahl an Park–Equipment:"
translates to
"Large selection of farm equipment:"

But later it says
"Online and single player modes:
Games online with friends or other players, and save your FARM in the cloud."

Also German to English translation of park is park. I have a feeling though it covers more than amusement park in German which is why it got translated to farm, like garden or grounds.

Unfortunately, I think you may be right. :(

Marvin
02-20-2015, 11:35 PM
I see curved paths.

king_austin95
02-21-2015, 12:11 AM
it looks awesome.

Keegan
02-21-2015, 12:20 AM
here is the product description in english
recommend this item
product description
description
beloved by fans rollercoaster tycoon series scales new heights with rollercoaster tycoon world! Rctw is packed with everything fans love about the series so, and also offers many new features and innovations, such as the 3d track editor, deformable terrain, realistic coaster physics and the ability to present your creations to share with others. Reasons together with friends a parking company and compete with other players from around the world. Enjoy the ride of your life on a rollercoaster create yourself, entertain your guests park as you create spectacular attractions and become the next rollercoaster tycoon!

Features
innovative course maker:
Create the coolest possible and wildest roller coasters with the best track editor of the series.
For the first time streckenbau in 3d!
For the first time routes are fully editable in 3d.
Create your own park with a variety of rides, attractions, shops, decorations, etc. Personalize your park from a selection of predefined locations. In addition, other venues will be available as free updates later.
Climb in and experience a ride on your roller coasters from different camera angles, including first-person view.
Games online with friends or other players, and save your farm in the cloud. You can also play alone in single mode.
Team up with friends together, founding a theme park company, claiming yourself against other players from around the world and climb in the rankings to the top.
Play with friends:
Connect via steam or facebook and look at how the park of your friends always continue to grow. Invite your friends to join your company, and share them with roller coaster designs!
Visit other parks:
Walk through the park that have been created by your friends, and go and review the roller coasters and thrill rides.
Deformable terrain:
A classic feature is back! The terrain will be completely deformed and allows you to change the landscape and build breathtaking attractions - all in full 3d.
Steam trading cards:
Collect, trade and sell steam trading cards.
Keep the different areas of your park in the view to your guests please and to increase sales.

you can walk through the parks aww hell yeah!

chardo440
02-21-2015, 01:46 AM
Try not to get too excited until we actually hear if it's official. Some stuff just seems too good to be true but man I hope it's true!

rct-uwe
02-21-2015, 03:31 AM
I can see curved paths again. But all prior box covers of the series have fake curved paths...

And there are the old ugly coaster supports, which even don't match to the track. These are probably real, but worse than before.

Wabigbear
02-21-2015, 07:06 AM
So we're getting game details from Amazon now rather than from Atari?

Something tells me that when Atari went through bankruptcy they fired most of their staff that had any actual experience or knowledge on promotions or public relations...

ExtraCheese
02-21-2015, 07:10 AM
Lol this is hilarious. We are all very excited about this box art, myself including, but why do we have to hear it from Amazon? I can't find a reason why they haven't showed this to us first, that would be great after 2 weeks of nothing.

I do like the description, mildy enthusiastic about the ability to walk in your own park! Mildly because this isn't official info yet. I rather wait for Atari so announce something about the features in the game before I get overly excited.

AUS_Twisted
02-21-2015, 07:29 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71ribu3qAfL._SL1050_.jpg

Janitor
02-21-2015, 07:44 AM
The artwork is nice. It's good to see that something is going on. On the other hand, it is just box art and nothing more. It doesn't have to do much with the game itself just like previous box art. The game itself will look different.

Vampiro
02-21-2015, 08:27 AM
Boxart looks good!!

Altough it also gets me slightly worried.
I dont mind if certain rides have a very cartoonish look so that it fits the theme. But thus far i haven't seen "generic" themed rides.

I want to have the freedom to place certain rides wherever i want them, not being forced to put them in a certain themed area.
(like RCT3 had several rides that came both themed and generic)

All in all im very curious to the amount of flatrides they will add.

Brainstorm
02-21-2015, 09:02 AM
Looks awesome.

redyar
02-21-2015, 09:04 AM
The release date on amazon is gone...
Windows 98 / Me / 2000 / XP ?!

AFKELLOGG
02-21-2015, 11:12 AM
Hopefully that United States get a boxed edition of Roller Coaster Tycoon World.

Thompso
02-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Darn it the release date was taken dodown. Developers are reading this thread, they don't want the pressure of an April 30th release date.

SparkyUK
02-21-2015, 11:58 AM
I hope the track supports don't look like that in the game - they're as lame looking as RCT3 :s

iChase
02-21-2015, 02:31 PM
Neat! Love the design! Now hopefully we can get a game to fill that box...

k1ng r4t
02-21-2015, 02:50 PM
The release date on amazon is gone...
Windows 98 / Me / 2000 / XP ?!

Mattlab confirmed that it would be compatible with Window 7 and up

redyar
02-21-2015, 03:21 PM
I know, but check the amazon site. I wonder how this failure could happen..

Ultramankiller
02-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Probably because its not official lol...

Thompso
02-21-2015, 04:17 PM
Mattlab confirmed that it would be compatible with Window 7 and up

He said that but until the game is actually released nothing is confirmed.

king_austin95
02-21-2015, 04:49 PM
to those complaining about the supports, at least it shows in the boxart that the loops have supports now. the loops didn't have supports in any of the past games

king_austin95
02-21-2015, 04:56 PM
hey wait a minute... i just noticed in the boxart it looks like the red coasters track ends if you follow it. it will look like theres no more track. does anybody else see this? its weird

iChase
02-21-2015, 04:57 PM
I saw it and thought the same thing at first. Upon closer inspection you can see it tunnels through the woodie track in a similar manner to the first loop only much smaller.

king_austin95
02-21-2015, 04:58 PM
I saw it and thought the same thing at first. Upon closer inspection you can see it tunnels through the woodie track in a similar manner to the first loop only much smaller.

i don't see a tunnel. :/

king_austin95
02-21-2015, 05:00 PM
oh... now i guess i see it. that dark red spot is where its going under the wooden coaster. ok then. i was wondering what that dark red spot was

iChase
02-21-2015, 05:28 PM
I made a little diagram:

http://s1.postimg.org/t5rsgad1b/tunnel.jpg

jackk
02-21-2015, 06:11 PM
That loop does not look natural at all it looks like it was drawn with a pen.

king_austin95
02-21-2015, 06:19 PM
I made a little diagram:

http://s1.postimg.org/t5rsgad1b/tunnel.jpg

lol that wasn't necessary but thanks

Sam223
02-21-2015, 06:49 PM
I know its only box art but did anyone else notice how there are 4 coaster on the box.3 steel (1 red,1 blue,1 black with red rails) and 1 wood coaster. All the steel coasters look like the same track type

Chazzagm93
02-21-2015, 07:01 PM
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00SWEUHG8/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_it_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay0b-21&ascsubtag=4d778ed3ea70b0d0153671b910dc7333_S&dra_hfr=s&dra_ohs=48-72

The box art is fantastic!!

Am I the only one in my country UK who can't find this on amazon ?

Sam223
02-21-2015, 07:04 PM
Am I the only one in my country UK who can't find this on amazon ?

I wouldn't risk pre-ordering it yet,for all we know it could be RCTmobile but with 3d graphics.

Chazzagm93
02-21-2015, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't risk pre-ordering it yet,for all we know it could be RCTmobile but with 3d graphics.

Yeah that's very true! Want to at least see in game footage before anything.

ddrplaya4638
02-22-2015, 07:14 AM
I know its only box art but did anyone else notice how there are 4 coaster on the box.3 steel (1 red,1 blue,1 black with red rails) and 1 wood coaster. All the steel coasters look like the same track type

I couldn't agree more... it's kind of scary. Why isn't it showcasing newer rides if they are included...

Mattlab, please tell us there are modern coasters such as wing riders and the like.

Sam223
02-22-2015, 07:34 AM
I couldn't agree more... it's kind of scary. Why isn't it showcasing newer rides if they are included...

Mattlab, please tell us there are modern coasters such as wing riders and the like.

Well mattlab did say in the last blog post that there are 3 coaster type (plus different cars for the tracks)steel,wood,hanging.Many people asked if changing the cars changed the track type to suit and were completely ignored. So maybe there are only 3 track types and the box art was designed to suit and not mislead. Who knows,no doubt mattlab will ignore this post aswell.

Vampiro
02-22-2015, 08:03 AM
Well mattlab did say in the last blog post that there are 3 coaster type (plus different cars for the tracks)steel,wood,hanging.Many people asked if changing the cars changed the track type to suit and were completely ignored. So maybe there are only 3 track types and the box art was designed to suit and not mislead. Who knows,no doubt mattlab will ignore this post aswell.

I think this isn't the case, and even more i HOPE thats not the case!! having just 3 rollercoaster types would s*ck.
I at least want my favorite gigacoaster track :

ddrplaya4638
02-22-2015, 08:38 AM
If they limit the coaster building drastically it will only hurt the game. Alot of people will not be happy considering every other game out there including the older RCT games have more then just the select few tracks.

Future RCT
02-22-2015, 12:35 PM
You guys are overreacting. It's just a box art. Stop treating it like a screenshot.

ddrplaya4638
02-22-2015, 07:44 PM
Please tell me how that is overreacting? Mattlab has ignored all questions inquiring further about the coaster types. I think we all have a legitimate right to be concerned in this situation.

coaster6
02-22-2015, 07:55 PM
You guys are overreacting. It's just a box art. Stop treating it like a screenshot. I think people are just ansty for a screenshot and this is crew closets thing we've got in a couple weeks!

king_austin95
02-23-2015, 12:51 AM
Please tell me how that is overreacting? Mattlab has ignored all questions inquiring further about the coaster types. I think we all have a legitimate right to be concerned in this situation.

yeah. no ones overreacting. we have the right to be concerned

AtiTech
02-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Release date on amazon is now 29 May

EuroMaster2008
02-24-2015, 09:09 AM
Yeah that´s true! But can we call this date "early" 2015?
The Box-Art is nice, but my favourite is still RCT 1

VACkillers
02-24-2015, 09:57 AM
if it's basically june then no that would be 2nd Q2015 or mid 2015 of course.... Early 2015 was never going to happen, with no information on the game and 4 screenshots since it was announced there was no way RCT:W was ever going to make an early 2015 release...

Thompso
02-24-2015, 10:39 AM
I think Developers purposely said "EARLY 2015" simply to get people talking, and its working. If they were totally honest with us and said June 2015 or later, the game would not generate as much buzz until then.

VACkillers
02-24-2015, 10:50 AM
To be honest I would be surprised if we see the games release before August. This sort of game should be released in the summer really for obvious reasons :D

SparkyUK
02-24-2015, 12:36 PM
I think Developers purposely said "EARLY 2015" simply to get people talking, and its working. If they were totally honest with us and said June 2015 or later, the game would not generate as much buzz until then.

It's more the likely case that they were aiming for an end of April launch, and it's taking more work to complete/test it.

RCTW1
02-24-2015, 01:00 PM
The release date doesn't bother me as much as not having enough info and screenshots. That bothers me.

Epic Wink
02-25-2015, 07:20 PM
I can't read Deutsch, but does that page say 29 May release date?

king_austin95
02-26-2015, 07:27 AM
I can't read Deutsch, but does that page say 29 May release date?

yes it says may

CreamyBeef
02-26-2015, 03:57 PM
PLEASE have B&M tracks... please have B*M tracks

navy3001
02-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Here is the product description in English
Recommend this item
Product Description
Description
Beloved by fans RollerCoaster Tycoon series scales new heights with RollerCoaster Tycoon World! RCTW is packed with everything fans love about the series so, and also offers many new features and innovations, such as the 3D track editor, deformable terrain, realistic coaster physics and the ability to present your creations to share with others. Reasons together with friends a parking company and compete with other players from around the world. Enjoy the ride of your life on a rollercoaster create yourself, entertain your guests park as you create spectacular attractions and become the next RollerCoaster Tycoon!

Features
Innovative Course Maker:
For the first time routes are fully editable in 3D.
Play with friends:
Connect via Steam or Facebook and look at how the park of your friends always continue to grow. Invite your friends to join your company, and share them with roller coaster designs!
Visit other parks:
Deformable terrain:
A classic feature is back! The terrain will be completely deformed and allows you to change the landscape and build breathtaking attractions - all in full 3D.
Steam Trading Cards:
Collect, trade and sell Steam Trading Cards.

Walk through the park that have been created by your friends, and go and review the roller coasters and thrill rides.!?!?!?!? YES!!! I CAN WALK AROUND A PARK!!!

afifaadam
09-05-2016, 02:16 AM
Happy to hear about World box art.i hope that would be amazing to all users.hope so all art use next will not be the same as previous version.

hedlesschickn
09-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Like Kurt Cobain said, "All the kids will eat it up, if it's packaged properly."