PDA

View Full Version : Will this be a fully 64bit integrated game engine?

VACkillers
02-20-2015, 06:51 PM
Reason I ask this because this was the major problem with RCT3, you would get absolutely massive slow downs in the simulation soon as your park reached a couple thousand peeps inside it and this was down to the game engine itself. This would happen no matter how high-end spec your PC is and even now with 8-core cpus it still slows down at the same points which is down to it being 32bit restricted. One of the worst causes for this was the infamous pool in the get soaked expansion where you could just get absolutely hammered on the slow downs soon as you get over 1000 peeps in the pools alone!

This might seem a strange question to ask in todays gaming world where pretty much almost any new game is made in 64 bit now, but case in point, Sim City (the new one) was not built with multi-threaded cpu's in mind, it was built to run on any machine that was made in the last decade to potentially "more people could play it" rather then actually having a modern game that doesn't break after the simulation gets a load on it.

Last thing I want with a $3000 machine is to not use its power to run the simulation smoothly when I get 3k peeps in my parks heh...

jackk
02-20-2015, 06:53 PM
I run RTC3 on my mac and have never had an issue with lag. I can build my park to full capacity & have 3800 peeps with no lag whats so ever. Might be your computer?

SparkyUK
02-20-2015, 07:01 PM
I run RTC3 on my mac and have never had an issue with lag. I can build my park to full capacity & have 3800 peeps with no lag whats so ever. Might be your computer?

Oh god, Mac this, Mac that.... :p

I'm only joking. Last time I posted this same fact, I got accused of "trolling" etc. But I agree. I have bought the game on the PC and for the Mac. Admittedly, the Mac version was a port, and re-written, but on my Macbook Pro, I have a 3,400 peep park with about 800 in the pools and not even a hint of slowdown. Not sure if the port was written better, or uses the hardware better than the older PC version, or not. No idea.

I had a good PC rig when RCT3 came out, but it never ran fantastically. Where VACkillers is coming from, I totally agree with the post but it was/is different on the Mac hardware. God knows why.

VACkillers
02-20-2015, 07:09 PM
The mac port was done better... just play it on a PC and you'll understand what I'm talking about.. Trust me I've had like 5 different PCs in the lifetime that RCT3 was released and did the slow downs on all of them but noticeably worse with the Get Soaked Expansion... wasn't the computer heh.. also happens to other people which is talked on and off sometimes through the steam forums...

SparkyUK
02-20-2015, 07:21 PM
I only play it on my Macs now, the PC version couldn't cope. I've got the Soaked/Wild expansion and the PC got worse as a result.