PDA

View Full Version : Any word on requirements and specs?

rainingmaize
02-20-2015, 01:20 PM
Forgive me if I missed it, but has their been any inclination on the minimal requirements RCTW needs in order to run on a laptop?

I'm not super familiar with computers, but do you think a laptop with Intel HD Graphics 4400 and a Core i5 or i7 could make the game work?

a-can-o-beans
02-20-2015, 01:36 PM
maybe. but it wont run as smooth as you may want. i played rct3 on a laptop and couldn't even make medium sized parks without frames crawling...

Angel
02-20-2015, 02:06 PM
maybe. but it wont run as smooth as you may want. i played rct3 on a laptop and couldn't even make medium sized parks without frames crawling...
True, but the game engine that RCT3 is built on doesn't take advantage of all of today's technological features. As I understand it, RCTW is to be built on a brandnew game engine, so it is likely that performance will be a lot better because of that.

a-can-o-beans
02-20-2015, 02:18 PM
True, but the game engine that RCT3 is built on doesn't take advantage of all of today's technological features. As I understand it, RCTW is to be built on a brandnew game engine, so it is likely that performance will be a lot better because of that.

while true there is nothing a game dev can do to better performance if your gpu is not good enough. only time will tell i guess

Keegan
02-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Forgive me if I missed it, but has their been any inclination on the minimal requirements RCTW needs in order to run on a laptop?

I'm not super familiar with computers, but do you think a laptop with Intel HD Graphics 4400 and a Core i5 or i7 could make the game work?

I'm guessing since I can run GW2 smoothly (Except for like big battles, lags a bit), then I can run this game. I have the same specs as you with an i7 core.

darkhorizon
02-20-2015, 05:33 PM
I'm sure you'll be able to run the game, albeit probably not on the highest graphical settings. Integrated graphics are not the best, but since you have a laptop you really don't have the option of installing a separate GPU.

garretslarrity
02-20-2015, 06:16 PM
The official system requirements have not been revealed (they will be when the Steam page is made), but Mattlab has said that this game will require a lot of memory to run smoothly. So how much RAM do you have?

rainingmaize
02-20-2015, 11:22 PM
The official system requirements have not been revealed (they will be when the Steam page is made), but Mattlab has said that this game will require a lot of memory to run smoothly. So how much RAM do you have?

I'm looking between 6 and 8 GB.

By the way, thanks for all the help everyone, it's been a huge help.

Paul_Boland
02-20-2015, 11:27 PM
I'm not super familiar with computers, but do you think a laptop with Intel HD Graphics 4400...

If you're planning to buy a new laptop, don't go for Intel graphics. You really want a dedicated graphics chip such as Nvidia GeForce. I have seen many systems with integrated Intel graphic chips on the motherboard and they are not very good at running 3D games.

VACkillers
02-21-2015, 11:26 AM
yeah never go for a laptop for gaming that has an intel HD graphics card or an AMD integrated one either.... As Paul already said you want a dedicated graphics like an Nvidia card.... Yes it will cost more, but you get what you pay for when it comes to laptops, if you want RCTW to actually run half decent then you'll need to get one with a better graphics.... how much are you looking to spend roughly?

k1ng r4t
02-21-2015, 02:53 PM
And RCT3 is horribly optimized, even back then, so it's not the best frame of reference for how RCTW might run. I have a pretty high end rig and still get major FPS drops in my super parks, especially at night when all the torches are up.

As for confirmed requirements it's for Windows 7 and up

rainingmaize
02-21-2015, 03:50 PM
.... Yes it will cost more, but you get what you pay for when it comes to laptops, if you want RCTW to actually run half decent then you'll need to get one with a better graphics.... how much are you looking to spend roughly?

I'm looking between $600 and 800ish. My main needs require something with a little bit of 2-in-1 flexibility. Right now, I'm really hoping the Lenovo Flex 2 15 can handle RCTW and lesser games. If it can, I think I'm sold.

k1ng r4t
02-21-2015, 05:56 PM
You can get a decent gaming laptop for $800, but doubtfully $600. With the former you won't be able to run anything recent on max, but you can probably run some brand new games on medium-high, but anything from pre-2012 you could probably run almost maxed out. If you want to max out graphics on new games on a laptop, expect to pay around $1500...minimum. Unlikely but I've seen it, more likely $2k. Now A lot of new laptops you find with mediocre sales have rebates (a $950 laptop for $925 etc), so maybe you can find a $900ish laptop with a $100-$200 rebate. No guarantees, but it is possible. You'll pay more up front but ultimately stay in budget. So definitely keep an eye out for rebates.

If graphics don't matter then you shouldn't have a problem on most i5+ laptops from the past 3ish years, as long as you put everything on mimimum.

Space Cops
02-21-2015, 06:07 PM
a rule of thumb these days is that any non-intel graphics card from the last 3 years or so should be able to run modern games at least smoothly (maybe not at the highest details, but the game will be playable). if you got intel graphics (even today's chips) you may be out of luck.

k1ng r4t
02-21-2015, 06:08 PM
Definitely agreed

Mattlab
02-21-2015, 07:43 PM
The system requirements will be posted up as soon as the official steam page goes live - very soon. :)

ddrplaya4638
02-21-2015, 09:47 PM
Can't wait to hear more information! Hope all is well with you :)

darkhorizon
02-21-2015, 10:36 PM
Such a relief to hear from you, Mattlab! Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see the Steam page. :)

jackk
02-21-2015, 10:38 PM
Yes! There will be a new screenshot on the page once it goes live!

"SOON"

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Space Cops
02-24-2015, 06:50 PM
RCTW will come out soon, dont worry
it will be bundled with HL3

VACkillers
02-25-2015, 11:49 AM
I'm looking between $600 and 800ish. My main needs require something with a little bit of 2-in-1 flexibility. Right now, I'm really hoping the Lenovo Flex 2 15 can handle RCTW and lesser games. If it can, I think I'm sold.

I'm sure it'll run it, but how well I don't know... The intelHD 4400 is okay, but not great for gaming.

Take a look at these (http://www.newegg.com/Gaming-Laptops/SubCategory/ID-3365?Tid=25325&Order=PRICE)

and this:

here (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232376)

GoobyPls
02-25-2015, 02:45 PM
Yes! There will be a new screenshot on the page once it goes live!

Wow! One new Screenshot! Pls don't spam all over steam with those crazy amounts of screenshots. (sorry for being ungrateful, had to say this)