PDA

View Full Version : More themes I hope?

Loopy27
02-18-2015, 03:16 PM
I have no problem settling for the space theme, its just my all time favorite theme is to build a Spooky Haunted Halloween-esq type park. those are my favorite. Has anyone read that more themes are coming or know which themes are coming post launch?

Marvin
02-18-2015, 04:11 PM
Nothing has been said about them but I assume more will be added through DLC and expansion packs.

coaster6
02-18-2015, 04:18 PM
Matt hinted we will saying in a response to a similar question that they plan to support this game for years to come.

k1ng r4t
02-18-2015, 04:43 PM
I just can't believe there still isn't a Medieval theme, though I'm sure there will be eventually. Who hasn't wanted to make either a authentic medieval or fantasy themed park? Make Medieval Times how it should be...

Vampiro
02-18-2015, 05:43 PM
I think a lot will depend on sales.
If the game is a succes it will be profitable to make 1 or more expantions. Hopefully a few more themes will be added.

Hopefully we will at least see Halloween/Horror and Snow&Ice :)

k1ng r4t
02-18-2015, 08:21 PM
I really don't see it being any less successful than RCT3. I know to us it seems like RCT3 was game of the year, but in reality nobody really cared and it's the vast minority of gamers that are interested enough to buy it new. There are so many "Tycoon" games and they're usually in the bargain bins, I think when people see that they just move on. Basically it'll be popular in its demographic, but not popular overall. And as long as it get's good reviews upon release, I don't see it being any less successful in that demographic, meaning we should expect 1 or 2 expansions.

HOWEVER, the days of expansions are dying, if not dead. Only MMO's really get "expansions" at this point. What we'll get are DLC updates that add content slowly, instead of one big update with tons of new features, including themes. That's my guess at least...

VACkillers
02-20-2015, 06:41 PM
I can see some themes coming in the form of DLCs like someone mentioned above, Halloween and Holiday season themes perhaps. Kind of feel the same about water rides at this point though nothing has been mentioned about any water rides yet, but you could even say that water rides like the old RCT3 pool stuff belong in a theme all on their own!

mwalz
02-20-2015, 08:00 PM
I think it would be cool to have holiday themes, a Christmas park would be cool, Halloween of course, but with a lot more choice of decorations compared to rct3

Epic Wink
02-25-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm also expecting smaller, and cheaper, DLC packs offered through Steam (which means there'll be bundles). Probably a season pass as well.

In terms of themes, I hope there are theme-less rides, attractions and shops that I can place in any theme without worry. Unless every ride, theme or attraction has a 'skin' for each theme, which I'm also fine with (serves the same purpose).