PDA

View Full Version : How big is the presure that Area 52 games has?

down86
02-17-2015, 11:30 AM
When i look at the forums of RCTW i see many complains about it. I can imagine that after the very bad choices there have been made with the RTCMobile(dont even wanna call it 4)But i think with all the negativity surounding the game the team making RTCW(Area 52) know they will need to do things alot better and make the game better then every other mistake there has been made before. So try to think about the positive things that could happen this year when this game will be released finaly. It wont be as bad as RTCM and it will be better then RTC3. Wich was a quite buggy but good playable game aswell. And if it sucks then you can allways go for the alternitives that are being released in the upcomming year. Wich is another presure point to make this game better.

Vampiro
02-17-2015, 12:33 PM
When i look at the forums of RCTW i see many complains about it. I can imagine that after the very bad choices there have been made with the RTCMobile(dont even wanna call it 4)But i think with all the negativity surounding the game the team making RTCW(Area 52) know they will need to do things alot better and make the game better then every other mistake there has been made before. So try to think about the positive things that could happen this year when this game will be released finaly. It wont be as bad as RTCM and it will be better then RTC3. Wich was a quite buggy but good playable game aswell. And if it sucks then you can allways go for the alternitives that are being released in the upcomming year. Wich is another presure point to make this game better.

I think the pressure is quite high, which to a great deal they did it themself.

If RCTW was RCT3 with just a lot of extra's i was already happy, as i always loved RCT3. But they raised the bar a lot by saying that :

- Better Graphics
- Peep's improved (a lot)
- Darkrides
- Restaurants
- Easyer coaster Building
- TON's of darkrides

When i consider RCT3 together with all they are promising, that -sounds- like quite an awesome game. (Even tough there are still a LOT of things i like to know about the game)
All in all, promising us all of that raises expectations, and with that also the pressure.

Sam223
02-17-2015, 12:49 PM
My expectations for RCTW are low. Based on how bad RCT4 is and how the 'community managers' avoid direct questions regarding gameplay, but will happily answer questions regarding purchase options. Happy to hype up the game with features that are 'awesome' but no explanation of how they work, or what they are capable of and no actual images. To me that says that they either don't know what they are planning (still early development),or are avoiding the questions to stop disappointment prior to release.

I think RCTW will be a slightly better looking version of RCT3 (note post processing effects in screenshots,DX9 vs DX7),that will feature a few additional options like freenode coasters that may or not be easy to use (who knows,no info). But will feature less options overall in comparison to the previous games.Only 4 themes, 3 coaster types? (still no explanation about how this will work). Theres a pre built restaurant object but still no info on whether you can build custom structures, like the previous games.
A better looking version of RCTM but with free node coasters and a few other options basically. Will happily be proved wrong.

Vampiro
02-17-2015, 01:12 PM
My expectations for RCTW are low. Based on how bad RCT4 is and how the 'community managers' avoid direct questions regarding gameplay, but will happily answer questions regarding purchase options. Happy to hype up the game with features that are 'awesome' but no explanation of how they work, or what they are capable of and no actual images. To me that either says that they either don't know what they are planning (still early development),or are avoiding the questions to stop disappointment prior to release.

I think RCTW will be a slightly better looking version of RCT3 (note post processing effects in screenshots),that will feature a few additional options like freenode coasters that may or not be easy to use (who knows,no info). But will feature less options overall in comparison to the previous games.Only 4 themes, 3 coaster types? (still no explanation about how this will work). Theres a pre built restaurant object but still no info on whether you can build custom structures, like the previous games.
A better looking version of RCTM but with free node coasters and a few other options basically. Will happily be proved wrong.

I think thats the biggest problem right now, we WANT to get hyped with all those new features and stuff. But it can still end up a very bad game and i might even play RCT3 for a few more years...

They really need to back up all their promises by some actuall screens or gameplay or people won't care anymore and think "oh yeah, another promise we never get to see".

Help me get hyped!

Caine
02-17-2015, 01:18 PM
I think A52 has big pressure to make a good game, because Atari has big financial problems and if they miss the chance to make a good game in this franchise, which is a big one for atari, they dont have too many chances left.

ExtraCheese
02-17-2015, 03:00 PM
I think pressure is always high with game developers. A lot of media attention will rain down on them once the game has been released.
Yet the pressure here could be somewhat higher, with an 'early 2015' release and so little info / screens at half of Februari...

k1ng r4t
02-17-2015, 03:02 PM
I don't see this game getting much media attention TBH. Not anymore than RCT3 at least, and most people have never even heard of that game.

The pressure is high because everyone is putting so much pressure on them. Just like Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition, I'd rather have no updates other than knowing the game is in development for 3 years instead of demanding an immediate release. Seems I'm alone on that.

Vampiro
02-17-2015, 04:47 PM
I don't see this game getting much media attention TBH. Not anymore than RCT3 at least, and most people have never even heard of that game.

The pressure is high because everyone is putting so much pressure on them. Just like Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition, I'd rather have no updates other than knowing the game is in development for 3 years instead of demanding an immediate release. Seems I'm alone on that.

Nobody is asking for an imminent release.
All people ask for is some more information for a game that was announced to be released witin the next few month's.

If the game is not ready i won't mind if it takes an extra 6 more month's but just keep us updated about what to expect.

k1ng r4t
02-17-2015, 06:07 PM
For a brand new game I don't think the the info given so far has been that bad or limited or whatever. We'll still get a post or two most days on the forums, we were getting weekly updates, now we're two weeks in, I'm sure another one is coming in the next few days. If not, I'm just glad RCTW was at least conceived as a possibility, even if it takes another 10 years. MattLab has answered some questions in random threads and has also dropped many hints in his posts, the same hints you'd see compiled in a blog post.

I dunno, that's how I see it. Guess I've seen so much worse this development speed is nothing significant to me.

ExtraCheese
02-17-2015, 06:23 PM
For a brand new game I don't think the the info given so far has been that bad or limited or whatever. We'll still get a post or two most days on the forums, we were getting weekly updates, now we're two weeks in, I'm sure another one is coming in the next few days. If not, I'm just glad RCTW was at least conceived as a possibility, even if it takes another 10 years. MattLab has answered some questions in random threads and has also dropped many hints in his posts, the same hints you'd see compiled in a blog post.

I dunno, that's how I see it. Guess I've seen so much worse this development speed is nothing significant to me.

A post or two most days on the forums?! Which forums do you visit? In here, the only one who speaks is Matt, and he posts dev blogs about once in two weeks and very rarely replies to forum threads.
This game is still planned to be released 'early 2015', we are already half way February 2015 and all we got is a bit of information and 5 screenshots... Yes I think we have too little information for a game which is about to release within the next 10 weeks (I think 'early 2015' would mean January - April, max).

down86
02-18-2015, 08:36 AM
The blogposts are giving enough information from what they have to say. As there has been mentioned in 1 of the 3 blogs the team is getting ready for the GDC(game developers conference) which will be in 2 weeks. I guess the game will show more movement and maybe we will see some trailer and a new announcement for release. The game will be released later then beginning of 2015 but that's because some other company was working on RTC when Atari announced in at the start. The game has been taken over from pipeworks software and been given to area 52 to make the game and I guess it's made from the ground up. Which means a delay for the game and the 1st few screenshots after the announcement trailer are not relevant anymore. Let's hope Atari is not messing to much with the development so area 52 got the space to show them their talent. But the game got announced to soon for promotion a big mistake for marketing and hyping people up.

k1ng r4t
02-18-2015, 04:33 PM
The blogposts are giving enough information from what they have to say. As there has been mentioned in 1 of the 3 blogs the team is getting ready for the GDC(game developers conference) which will be in 2 weeks. I guess the game will show more movement and maybe we will see some trailer and a new announcement for release. The game will be released later then beginning of 2015 but that's because some other company was working on RTC when Atari announced in at the start. The game has been taken over from pipeworks software and been given to area 52 to make the game and I guess it's made from the ground up. Which means a delay for the game and the 1st few screenshots after the announcement trailer are not relevant anymore. Let's hope Atari is not messing to much with the development so area 52 got the space to show them their talent. But the game got announced to soon for promotion a big mistake for marketing and hyping people up.

I agree they started with a bang, a huge announcement of a franchise most thought dead. I still don't think the way things are going is a big deal, but they did create high expectations by doing that, which I think is why most people are so worked up.

A post or two most days on the forums?! Which forums do you visit? In here, the only one who speaks is Matt, and he posts dev blogs about once in two weeks and very rarely replies to forum threads.
This game is still planned to be released 'early 2015', we are already half way February 2015 and all we got is a bit of information and 5 screenshots... Yes I think we have too little information for a game which is about to release within the next 10 weeks (I think 'early 2015' would mean January - April, max).

Yeah, I read through all 3 RCTW forums, and MOST DAYS MattLab has dropped in to make a comment. This is more proof than I need that they're reading the forums, I don't expect questions to be answered. Like I said, I've seen much worse, so I'm grateful to see one official employee drop in once a week.

Helena
02-18-2015, 09:07 PM
Personally I think they could have 1 year more if it makes a perfect game!