PDA

View Full Version : Sandbox Mode?

Brian951
02-16-2015, 08:36 PM
I am fairly sure it will be returning since its been in every iteration of RCT but any news on how large the Sandbox Mode parks will be?

rollercoasterfan
02-17-2015, 10:16 AM
RCT 3 was the first time sandbox was introduced. It was not in 1 or 2. I hope scenario editor is still in also.

Sam223
02-17-2015, 10:18 AM
Sandbox mode was in rct 2 aswell.The was a option for no money. You just had to make your 'sandbox map' using the scenario editor (or download one someone else had made).

a-can-o-beans
02-17-2015, 02:55 PM
Sandbox mode was in rct 2 aswell.The was a option for no money. You just had to make your 'sandbox map' using the scenario editor (or download one someone else had made).

even then it was never a true sandbox with the limits on the amount of rides and scenery you could have. not to mention if you wanted to add a new scenery set you had to remake the scenario. rct3 had sandbox just about right. but i would like to see more options for climate and money and so on..

Sam223
02-17-2015, 03:03 PM
even then it was never a true sandbox with the limits on the amount of rides and scenery you could have. not to mention if you wanted to add a new scenery set you had to remake the scenario. rct3 had sandbox just about right. but i would like to see more options for climate and money and so on..

True,there was a ride and scenery selection limit coded into the game.Although you could select almost all vanilla content I believe,the issue only really arose with custom content.

You could always go back to the scenario editor later though and adjust your selection (however all rides were removed once in the scenario editor). Or you could use the community made program to add/remove rides/scenery from the park file without going back to the scenario editor.

DonSPa
02-27-2015, 04:57 PM
hopefully SB will be available again,and hoping that they fix the park size so that we can have huge parks and load times are not a problem.I loved rct3 but got frustrated very easy when it took 8-9 mins to load and sometimes longer and get right into the game just to have it crash and start the process all over again

GoobyPls
02-27-2015, 05:31 PM
hopefully SB will be available again,and hoping that they fix the park size so that we can have huge parks and load times are not a problem.I loved rct3 but got frustrated very easy when it took 8-9 mins to load and sometimes longer and get right into the game just to have it crash and start the process all over again

I'm pretty sure that's not RCT3's fault, though. For me it only ever took about 1 - 2 minutes maximum, even with many objects, attractions and scenery placed in the park. Maybe you have a slow pc?

SkyNoudyo
02-28-2015, 06:35 AM
In RCT 1, the last level is a sort of sandbox level, but doesn't include unlimited money.
In RTC 2, you can play the level where you make your own Six Flags park, but again, doesn't have unlimited money. You can, however, your own level at the Scenario Editor.
In RCT 3, there is indeed a Sandbox mode.

Chazzagm93
02-28-2015, 09:53 AM
In RCT 1, the last level is a sort of sandbox level, but doesn't include unlimited money.
In RTC 2, you can play the level where you make your own Six Flags park, but again, doesn't have unlimited money. You can, however, your own level at the Scenario Editor.
In RCT 3, there is indeed a Sandbox mode.

If you wanted to do sandbox in any of these there has always been money cheats

LooseKid187
02-28-2015, 10:24 AM
I myself enjoyed rct2 scenario editor, it was a challenge. I had to make the right selections to fit the idea you have.. rct3 although. Was the best. No limits. Just park size limit. But you could always make your park multi level lol

Epic Wink
02-28-2015, 06:46 PM
I would like to see a more featured sandbox mode. Not being to change the entrance type, number or location was annoying. I'd like to be able to change the climate, and peep entrance settings (generation rate, init cash, init happiness, init hunger etc). As many customisations as possible really.

Also, RCT2 had a few unlimited money scenarios (most notably the prison scenario), but you're stuck with the landscape.

warcat61
02-28-2015, 09:27 PM
Scenario Editor allows you to do all those things. Load a blank landscape, edit the entrance, location, background,etc, then give the park a name, save in PARKS, save Scenario, and play it just like in Sandbox Mode

wanted to delete but cant figure out how. double posted, sorry

warcat61
02-28-2015, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=Epic Wink;9038]I would like to see a more featured sandbox mode. Not being to change the entrance type, number or location was annoying. I'd like to be able to change the climate, and peep entrance settings (generation rate, init cash, init happiness, init hunger etc).
Scenario Editor allows you to do those things, change entrance type, location, background, cash, etc. Give the park a name, Save the scenario in PARKS, save the Scenario, then play the park just like it was in Sandbox Mode.

Epic Wink
03-03-2015, 07:01 AM
Scenario Editor allows you to do all those things. Load a blank landscape, edit the entrance, location, background,etc, then give the park a name, save in PARKS, save Scenario, and play it just like in Sandbox Mode

wanted to delete but cant figure out how. double posted, sorry

I realise that, but streamlining is nice. But yeah, that's how I started pretty much all of sandboxes. Allowed me to put actual goals as well.