PDA

View Full Version : Regional differences?

unclekrusty
02-11-2015, 05:06 AM
There was a tragic incident last year at the Royal Adelaide Show when a young child was killed by one of the rides. If the developers knew about this, I'm guessing they'd want to consider removing similar rides from the Australian version (if not the original) of the game for purposes of sensitivity.

I realise that in the US, where the game is being developed, incidents at amusement parks would be relatively common, so what I'm asking is; will regional versions be modified to avoid correlations to recent incidents in their respective regions?

a-can-o-beans
02-11-2015, 12:03 PM
no they wont be changed or taken away for "sensitive issues". for the record the usa has some of the strictest rider safety laws. its not common for people to get hurt on rides. the problem with people getting hurt is usually something with the rider doing something they shouldn't

RCTW1
02-12-2015, 01:02 AM
^I agree. It's one thing to be nice, but to force political correctness is NOT the answer.

jackk
02-12-2015, 01:40 AM
Pretty sure they are not going to do that. I'm from Australia and this is the first time I have heard of that?

Menno
02-12-2015, 03:29 AM
Though it's tragic for the family of the child, the workers of the park and other people involved it goes to far to take out rides from the game. I mean if we start doing that there won't be any games left. I mean how many people are killed by guns each year? That doesn't stop anyone from releasing FPS. Or the people that get killed in car accidents while we still have games like driver GTA etc.
Yes if you were involved in an accident it might be confrontational for a while to come across references (eg ads for theme parks, this game, ads for children toys etc.) however we can't protect them from it because A we couldn't live our own lives and B we'd be doing them a huge disservice. We can't just hide away their pain and pretend it never happened. This is something the people involved will have to deal with with help from friends and family.

Mattlab
02-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Our game is planned to currently be the same world wide but we will support a number of different languages.

ddrplaya4638
02-15-2015, 06:17 PM
Well that's good. It really will be rct world ;)

Gandalf
02-17-2015, 12:54 PM
Our game is planned to currently be the same world wide but we will support a number of different languages.

I hope so :( Please add Croatian language.