PDA

View Full Version : Blog 4 Prep - Playing Foundation

BeerWhiskers
02-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Mattlab-

Blog 3 on Coaster building was a BIG improvement over earlier Blogs! Thank you, and I hope that you will continue to be as informative.

For the next Blog, the Playing foundation, I don't have as much to say. Vampiro has started a thread that has some good points to cover. A-Few-questions-to-the-developers (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?1936-Few-questions-to-the-developers)

Speculation
I have too much to speculate about for the Playing foundation, because so much of what defines RCTW as a game experience falls into this area. For me, exploring game play and figuring out what the game will do are part of the fun- so I don't expect that you will reveal much.

Hope
I will list here what I hope will be included in the game that is related to the Playing experience.

I hope that an Internet connection is not required to play.
Game rewards that do not require multi-player involvement, unless those rewards can only be used in multi-player. I am not interested in multi-player for RCTW, and don't want to be forced to engage in it to unlock rides and coasters.
A Scenario Editor that has many more options than RCT3. In fact, I would not even need Sandbox mode if I could build my own type of sandbox with the scenario editor.
Independent volume controls for all of the game sounds. In particular, the screams of the peeps, the ambient crowd noise, and the message alert tone. I understand that sounds are generally grouped into categories and that granular control may be too much. The sounds listed above are so annoying, including volume level, that I play RCT3 with the volume all the way down.
An interface that can be navigated with keypresses as well as mouse. In RCT3 we were forced to click the mouse to go into the scenery menu, or land tool, etc, where in RCT1 and 2 we could get there by keyboard.
I would like to see rides require more staff. Something like a minimum of 3 operators for a coaster, and an additional 2 if that coaster has a separate exit station. Fun House or Carousel- they're fine with one operator, and rides like Discus and Claw of Doom would need 2. Rides that are under-staffed could cycle more slowly, and peeps could be less satisfied at this.

Caine
02-10-2015, 07:10 PM
In fact, I would not even need Sandbox mode if I could build my own type of sandbox with the scenario editor.

I think a Sandbox mode is necessary, its the gamemode i play the most time. And i hope there are two sandbox modes:
one with unlimited funds & all rides enabled
and one where you need money to build & scientists develope more rides (BUT Scenery is completly enabled without science)

Other wishes:

Camera Controls like RCT3 and a First Person Walk mode
ability to create shows like stunt shows or something like that
ability to start a Singleplayer game

Angel
02-10-2015, 07:44 PM
I hope that an Internet connection is not required to play.

If an internet connection is required, I won't play. Period.

Game rewards that do not require multi-player involvement, unless those rewards can only be used in multi-player. I am not interested in multi-player for RCTW, and don't want to be forced to engage in it to unlock rides and coasters.

I wholeheartedly agree.

A Scenario Editor that has many more options than RCT3. In fact, I would not even need Sandbox mode if I could build my own type of sandbox with the scenario editor.

Again, I agree.

Independent volume controls for all of the game sounds. In particular, the screams of the peeps, the ambient crowd noise, and the message alert tone. I understand that sounds are generally grouped into categories and that granular control may be too much. The sounds listed above are so annoying, including volume level, that I play RCT3 with the volume all the way down.

So do I, for the exact same reason.

An interface that can be navigated with keypresses as well as mouse. In RCT3 we were forced to click the mouse to go into the scenery menu, or land tool, etc, where in RCT1 and 2 we could get there by keyboard.

I'd like the opposite of this, an interface that doesn't require a single keypress and can be handled entirely with the mouse. Seems there's a challenge for the devs here :p.

Z0MBI3KILL3R1234
02-10-2015, 07:53 PM
Well in single player you would not have to have Internet conception to play because you don't need to pay for anything

BeerWhiskers
02-11-2015, 03:12 PM
Well in single player you would not have to have Internet conception to play because you don't need to pay for anything

What, during game play, are you thinking that we might need to purchase? This is an idea that I have overlooked.

lohansony
02-11-2015, 03:32 PM
mattlab-

blog 3 on coaster building was a big improvement over earlier blogs! Thank you, and i hope that you will continue to be as informative.

For the next blog, the playing foundation, i don't have as much to say. Vampiro has started a thread that has some good points to cover. a-few-questions-to-the-developers (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?1936-few-questions-to-the-developers)

speculation
i have too much to speculate about for the playing foundation, because so much of what defines rctw as a game experience falls into this area. For me, exploring game play and figuring out what the game will do are part of the fun- so i don't expect that you will reveal much.

hope
i will list here what i hope will be included in the game that is related to the playing experience.

i hope that an internet connection is not required to play.
game rewards that do not require multi-player involvement, unless those rewards can only be used in multi-player. i am not interested in multi-player for rctw, and don't want to be forced to engage in it to unlock rides and coasters.
a scenario editor that has many more options than rct3. in fact, i would not even need sandbox mode if i could build my own type of sandbox with the scenario editor.
independent volume controls for all of the game sounds. In particular, the screams of the peeps, the ambient crowd noise, and the message alert tone. i understand that sounds are generally grouped into categories and that granular control may be too much. The sounds listed above are so annoying, including volume level, that i play rct3 with the volume all the way down.
an interface that can be navigated with keypresses as well as mouse. in rct3 we were forced to click the mouse to go into the scenery menu, or land tool, etc, where in rct1 and 2 we could get there by keyboard.
i would like to see rides require more staff. Something like a minimum of 3 operators for a coaster, and an additional 2 if that coaster has a separate exit station. fun house or carousel- they're fine with one operator, and rides like discus and claw of doom would need 2. rides that are under-staffed could cycle more slowly, and peeps could be less satisfied at this.

yes please.