PDA

View Full Version : Will RCTW be available in the U.S

Z0MBI3KILL3R1234
02-07-2015, 04:22 PM
I am just asking this because I am very interested in buying the game so I could play it. And not buy it off of Steam.

Jamppa158
02-07-2015, 04:34 PM
You'll most likely play it via steam anyway.
But I have no idea if there will be physical copies of RCTW. Maybe someone else knows.

Marvin
02-07-2015, 06:26 PM
I really hope so because I don't use Steam.

RCM88x
02-07-2015, 06:39 PM
You will probably have to download it through Atari's release software (basically like Origin or Steam), I can't remember what the name is off hand however. I highly doubt that physical copies will exist.

Paul_Boland
02-07-2015, 07:51 PM
I'm sure physical copies will exist. There are sales to got out there from potential customers seeing the box on a shelf. As for Steam, since we had a post recently saying we could tie our Steam accounts to our forum profiles, it could mean the game will deploy on Steam. Steam is a great gaming platform though so don't worry about it.

0BobTheJanitor
02-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Except Steam takes 30% of income.

garretslarrity
02-08-2015, 12:37 AM
Except Steam takes 30% of income.

That's probably on par with the costs associated with a physical copy (disk, case, manual, shipping, retailer, etc.). Actually, I at first forgot about the retailer, so all of those costs must be less than 30%.

king_austin95
02-08-2015, 05:14 AM
That's probably on par with the costs associated with a physical copy (disk, case, manual, shipping, retailer, etc.). Actually, I at first forgot about the retailer, so all of those costs must be less than 30%.

i would think it would OBVIOUSLY be available in the U.S. We get mostly everything. And it would be stupid for them not to have a physical disk copy. they've had disk copies for the last 3 they're not gonna change that now. if they didn't have disk copies they'd lose A LOT of sales. but seriously, asking if the U.S. is gonna get a game is kinda unlogical because we always get everything, especially the rct games. use some common sense

king_austin95
02-08-2015, 05:16 AM
i don't even know why i quoted you garret...it was an accident. i was talking about the topic in general

garretslarrity
02-08-2015, 01:25 PM
i don't even know why i quoted you garret...it was an accident. i was talking about the topic in general

Ha, I was wondering that too! What's even funnier is that I was prepared to reply back! I would have said, "Oh no, I'm not saying that there won't be a physical copy, I just meant that Steam's 30% cut is not seen as a negative."

king_austin95
02-08-2015, 03:09 PM
lol sorry about that. i just meant to post it. not to quote you.

SparkyUK
02-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Releasing via Steam often is a more efficient way to market than the typical publisher, distributer, retail fees, etc.
Don't be put off getting a Steam account. My RCT1 disk won't play anymore due to scratching, so I wish I'd had that on Steam rather than disc.

But I know some people prefer having that physical copy or not having a games account.

king_austin95
02-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Releasing via Steam often is a more efficient way to market than the typical publisher, distributer, retail fees, etc.
Don't be put off getting a Steam account. My RCT1 disk won't play anymore due to scratching, so I wish I'd had that on Steam rather than disc.

But I know some people prefer having that physical copy or not having a games account.

i would rather have a physical copy because that's how i've always played my computer games

a-can-o-beans
02-08-2015, 10:04 PM
i would rather have a physical copy because that's how i've always played my computer games

steam is amazing. have you tried it out yet?

king_austin95
02-08-2015, 11:42 PM
steam is amazing. have you tried it out yet?

no. i've never even heard of it til i joined this site a couple weeks ago to talk about rct. i'd rather just stick with how i've always played my computer games. on a CD

a-can-o-beans
02-09-2015, 12:54 PM
no. i've never even heard of it til i joined this site a couple weeks ago to talk about rct. i'd rather just stick with how i've always played my computer games. on a CD

the future of gaming on PC is likely going to be in the direction that steam is going. i like having disks too but if i had a disk for every single game i had it would be a mess... not to mention steam is a popular application that many of your friends might use. plus steam workshop is such a great feature. i really suggest you try it out. i was the same way as you until i joined steam.

king_austin95
02-09-2015, 04:31 PM
the future of gaming on PC is likely going to be in the direction that steam is going. i like having disks too but if i had a disk for every single game i had it would be a mess... not to mention steam is a popular application that many of your friends might use. plus steam workshop is such a great feature. i really suggest you try it out. i was the same way as you until i joined steam.

maybe sometime.

iChase
02-09-2015, 06:52 PM

Well that's a terrible reason. Optical media will be dead soon and Steam (and Origin, unfortunately) will reign supreme. More convenient, no swapping discs, constant updates, and a huge user community.

That being said, most new PC games manage their licenses through Steam even when you buy them on a disc, anyway. So usually there's no choice.

king_austin95
02-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Well that's a terrible reason. Optical media will be dead soon and Steam (and Origin, unfortunately) will reign supreme. More convenient, no swapping discs, constant updates, and a huge user community.

That being said, most new PC games manage their licenses through Steam even when you buy them on a disc, anyway. So usually there's no choice.

console games still use disks

PixelPlayer
02-09-2015, 08:25 PM
I am just asking this because I am very interested in buying the game so I could play it. And not buy it off of Steam.

No they are only selling it in a remote village in Ghana so they can maximize profit.

darkhorizon
02-09-2015, 10:47 PM

Yes but alot of people are starting to shift towards downloading games instead. Minecraft for Xbox was only available as a download for the longest time, it wasn't until like a year ago that they started selling hard copies, and it's one of the most popular games for Xbox.

Digital copies are nice because unlike disks you can't break or scratch them, and unless you forget your account credentials you can't lose them either.

It's fine that you prefer disks (I still use a few), but I think in a few years Steam is going to be like the iTunes of the gaming world. Seriously, when was the last time anyone actually bought a music CD?!

Marvin
02-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Yes but alot of people are starting to shift towards downloading games instead. Minecraft for Xbox was only available as a download for the longest time, it wasn't until like a year ago that they started selling hard copies, and it's one of the most popular games for Xbox.

Digital copies are nice because unlike disks you can't break or scratch them, and unless you forget your account credentials you can't lose them either.

It's fine that you prefer disks (I still use a few), but I think in a few years Steam is going to be like the iTunes of the gaming world. Seriously, when was the last time anyone actually bought a music CD?!

I buy physical copies of my favorite things. Music, DVDs, games, doesn't matter.

It's why I have physical copies of all The Sims games, SimCity 4, and RCT3. They're my favorite PC games. I think RCTW should be available physically mainly for this reason.

king_austin95
02-10-2015, 02:32 AM
I buy physical copies of my favorite things. Music, DVDs, games, doesn't matter.

It's why I have physical copies of all The Sims games, SimCity 4, and RCT3. They're my favorite PC games. I think RCTW should be available physically mainly for this reason.

yes, i agree with you

Danny
02-10-2015, 03:17 AM

Console manufacturers are also pushing downloadable games onto the forecourt. The only negative presented here is that the download times can be truly agonising even with a pretty decent internet connection.

It's never been easier to download games online from the console, but there's still a lengthy period to wait out before going out to purchase the disk is a bigger inconvenience than downloading a console title.

This problem is radically irrelevant on some PC setups. Even on a computer designed for casual gaming and internet surfing as opposed to being a hardcore gaming rig, I've found downloading a PC game is noticeably quicker than downloading its counterpart on my Xbox One.

RedBlueLaw
02-10-2015, 03:26 AM
I agree, Steam is the way to go. In my teen years I'd have everything physical, but in this day and age, you can't go wrong with Steam. Easy to use, quick, large community.

King Austin, by no means am I shoving Steam down your throat, nor am I acting as an agent for the service, but I highly recommend it! Great community!

AusCleaver
02-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Steam is king and has set the pace for digital distribution for a long time now. Others have pointed out the numerous benefits Steam has to offer, one of the major attractions for Steam users now is the Workshop which promotes modding which is a good thing as a lot of game publishers were starting to close the doors on modding this has turned that around and we are now seeing a lot of new titles with mod/content support. My only gripe with the whole digital distribution is geo-location pricing and the fact that they make a ton more money because there is no physical items to produce. Rest assured they will release the game in a physical form but the pricing won't be much above the digital cost meaning we pay a lot more for nothing.

SparkyUK
02-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Also, Steam allows me to play a game I purchased on any of my machines, and not have to carry the disc around with me.

king_austin95
02-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Also, Steam allows me to play a game I purchased on any of my machines, and not have to carry the disc around with me.

what do you mean any of your machines? i thought you could only play on a computer or laptop

SparkyUK
02-10-2015, 06:25 PM
what do you mean any of your machines? i thought you could only play on a computer or laptop

Sorry for the confusion, I did mean any of my computers/laptops. I just meant it didn't matter which computer I used, the game is ready to go without me needing to take a disc. Not all my computers are in my house.

king_austin95
02-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Sorry for the confusion, I did mean any of my computers/laptops. I just meant it didn't matter which computer I used, the game is ready to go without me needing to take a disc. Not all my computers are in my house.

ok then...

Z0MBI3KILL3R1234
02-11-2015, 12:41 AM
The reason I am so skeptical about Steam is because if you don't use your steam account for a while then forget your password then delete the game you will have to buy it all over again. That is why I prefer to have disk copies. That is why I asked

a-can-o-beans
02-11-2015, 12:48 AM
The reason I am so skeptical about Steam is because if you don't use your steam account for a while then forget your password then delete the game you will have to buy it all over again. That is why I prefer to have disk copies. That is why I asked

then be responsible and remember your info

Z0MBI3KILL3R1234
02-11-2015, 12:53 AM
Yeah true.

Z0MBI3KILL3R1234
02-11-2015, 12:54 AM
But I would have to be an idiot to forget the password I use for most things

a-can-o-beans
02-11-2015, 12:55 AM
But I would have to be an idiot to forget the password I use for most things

well sorry about yur luck. digital downloads are the future. you should try to adopt this while its still a choice

iChase
02-11-2015, 01:06 AM
No they are only selling it in a remote village in Ghana so they can maximize profit.

I died laughing. ;)

SparkyUK
02-11-2015, 06:30 AM

There are many steps you can take to recover your password. There is the usual email forgot-password route, there is an SMS one too. You can also speak to them, and they have used other methods to reunite an account with a gamer before. So should your email and cell phone number change and you cannot remember anything, it's likely you can still get back in.

I'm not sure if you're linking deleting the game yourself to having to buy a new copy, but that's not the case, either. Once purchased, the game is yours, even if you delete it. It'll just download it again.

No harm in having a copy if you so wish, but give Steam a try.

ExtraCheese
02-11-2015, 06:44 AM
Digital downloads are the future. If you forget your username / password thats your own fault. Just as losing your hard copy is your own fault too. I remember I lost my rct1 disk and had to buy a new one because I really thought the game was worth it (where did I put that @#$%& disc again?!).

king_austin95
02-11-2015, 02:27 PM
well sorry about yur luck. digital downloads are the future. you should try to adopt this while its still a choice

so much for ''not trying to shove it down your throat''

Thompso
02-11-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm sure there will be a physical copy disc in stores off the shelf option. In fact I would be worried if RCTW was not marketed in stores such as walmart, target, gamestop, or best buy because That would make me question was this game simply not marketable?

Mattlab
02-15-2015, 05:41 PM
The game will be available through Steam and other digital retailers including Atari.com. Additionally, through our partnership with Namco we have announced a retail version of the game in Europe. We are hoping to put up our Steam "coming soon page" shortly and will have more information at that time! Once the page is up we will have a dev blog about it to make sure our fans know.

Caine
02-15-2015, 06:30 PM
The game will be available through Steam and other digital retailers including Atari.com. Additionally, through our partnership with Namco we have announced a retail version of the game in Europe. We are hoping to put up our Steam "coming soon page" shortly and will have more information at that time! Once the page is up we will have a dev blog about it to make sure our fans know.

But will the retail version have a steam key? Because i would like to have both: a box and the possibility to download it from steam

Paul_Boland
02-15-2015, 08:19 PM
That's usually how it works. You get a box and disc and it installs the game into your Steam account.

king_austin95
02-16-2015, 08:01 AM

no retail version in USA? 0_0