PDA

View Full Version : To the developers, publishers and everyone else involved with RCT:W.

Kim Jong Fun
02-07-2015, 03:44 PM
Hi there. This will be my first post here but it shall carry an important message.

There's a theme going on with recent games. And not a good one.
The theme in which a release date is given out; and that release date is enforced with fines and penalties for the developer team. This results in horrifically half-baked games. Assassins Creed Unity. Battlefield 4. Halo: The Master Chief collection. All forced to be released for an unrealistic date. And it's ruined their franchises.
http://cloud.attackofthefanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Assassins-Creed-Unity1.jpg
(You know what I'm talking about)

For the love of Chris Sawyer, don't do this with RCT:W. In recent dev blogs by Matt, the theme of releasing an unfinished game is starting to show, with quotes like 'at launch it will be the entire track or the entire car rather than individual pieces'. Please Atari, do not release an unfinished game. Delay it. We will wait (We've done 12 years of it already). Finish your game. Make it perfect. Maybe have a closed beta test to ensure its quality. Just don't follow the trend of the market - it will hurt the (Already tainted) reputation of the franchise, the name of Atari and it could hurt your sales.

Thank you,
A long-time fan of the series.

PS. It looks good so far. Keep it up.

garretslarrity
02-07-2015, 04:08 PM
I couldn't agree more.

jlinbu
02-07-2015, 04:14 PM
I entirely agree with the OP. As most of us here have, I've been playing RCT games off and on since '99 when the original was released. I've purchased every edition and expansion pack available and I have every intention of doing the same for RCT World.

Please, if nothing else, do us the favor of the rock-solid stability of RCT 1&2. I may not speak for everyone else here but all I would really need in a sequel is the baseline of where RCT3 Platinum left off with all bugs fixed, graphics updated and not make my laptop scream for mercy when a park has over 2000 guests. (Specs: 2.6 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM, GeForce 650M w/ 1 GB VRAM)

Would I like to see new features? Absolutely! It might be the difference between buying on day 1 versus waiting for the first discount. I've waited over a decade since "3" what's a few months? But there is one thing which will stop me from buying altogether. That is not staying true to the essence of RCT. I never cared for games like No Limits, TPS or Sim Theme Park (shudders). None of them have the full package that is RCT. I'm kinda just rambling now, but what I'm getting at (and it seems a lot of others on the forums are getting at) is that you already have won me over with the incredible game that was RCT 1, the excellent sequel 2, and the delightfully buggy 3. Don't try too hard to be something you're not and blow it.

Sawyer
02-07-2015, 05:09 PM
I wonder if most of the game is done and they are testing it now? I mean, if a delay is in place to make it polished and run better, absolutely I have no problem waiting.

They also said they would like to do live game play, I can't imagine they would be confident in that unless the game was running well!

RCM88x
02-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Don't worry, the game wont be finished, they have 4 screens and are planning on releasing the game in under 3 months. Better lower your expectations to zero, because anything above that would be a pleasant surprise.

RCTW1
02-08-2015, 01:52 AM
I'm not going to let whatever happens to RCTW get to me. If it turns out good or great IMO, Cool! But if it's a dud IMO, no skin off my back.