PDA

View Full Version : Sandbox Mode?

AtlantisAuthor
02-06-2015, 09:29 PM
I just read Blog Entry #3; everything sounds awesome, guys! Can't wait to learn when we'll be able to pre-order this baby (and especially when we'll get to PLAY it)! :)

I know that the campaign mode is important to both the developers as well as a lot of RTC fans, but I have to admit my favorite mode is the good ol' Sandbox. No limitations or financial constraints, just you and whatever crazy array of ideas you can come up with for the "perfect" theme park.

I'd love to assume that a Sandbox Mode will be available for RTC World, but I just wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth if possible. Will you guys be including such a Mode for those of us who immediately want to run off the "rails"?

Thanks in advance for any insights you can share on this; it's really important to me and I'm sure a lot of other anxious players.

mccarthysnerd
02-08-2015, 01:24 PM
I actually was getting ready to post the exact same question!

I REALLY hope there's a sandbox mode and to be honest, it's one of my favorite parts of the game.

It just gives you a place to kinda just do as you please.

^^ And yes! I think this question is definitely important to BUNCHES of other players including you and myself!

RCTW1
02-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Same here. I love Sandbox Mode because I can just piddle around if I like.

BigDaddy
02-08-2015, 03:01 PM
I agree, I am a sandbox type of guy too. I find any business tedious, I like to just create. Since something like sandbox would be so easy to implement, Im sure it will be included, if not than at least a hack/secret which gives you unlimited money will do.

GoobyPls
02-08-2015, 04:04 PM
as this was a huge and important part of RCT3, i'm sure it will be implemented.

Wabigbear
02-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Absolutely agree. Sandbox was a big request made back in RCT2 and we didn't get it until RCT3. I've played only a couple scenarios in RCT3 myself, the 'tycoon' angle doesn't interest me as much just being able to create as I wish in sandbox (or the scenario editor).

king_austin95
02-08-2015, 11:44 PM
omg! i JUST realized that rct3 is the only one that has a sandbox mode! wow. yeah. i really want sandbox back too

CaptainMauZer
02-09-2015, 12:38 AM
At a minimum I would like to see sandbox come back in the same form as RCT 3. What I would really like, however, is for there to be a toggle on/off for money to be enabled. It wasn't that big of a deal in RCT3, since i just made a custom scenario that essentially did this, but it would save me (and others) that effort.

Nemmie
02-09-2015, 10:28 AM
If we get Sandbox, which I really hope we do, I'd like to be able to edit everything,

In RCT3, the sandbox gave us one flat, square of ground of a default size. If we wanted to have a park of a different size, shape, background or climate, we had to do it through the scenario editor,

That was fine unless you started putting custom content in during construction. You'd have to muck around with the inventions list again to unlock it. Not a major ball-ache, I know, but if the sandbox was more streamlined, with all aspects of park options available, it would be better.

Also CaptainMauZer, I so get you on the money toggle thingy.

Wabigbear
02-09-2015, 10:59 AM
In my opinion the Scenario Editor should have been THE sandbox mode for RCT3. That way you could adjust the things Nemmie mentioned as you wished without going through extra steps.

Angel
02-09-2015, 11:22 AM
In my opinion the Scenario Editor should have been THE sandbox mode for RCT3. That way you could adjust the things Nemmie mentioned as you wished without going through extra steps.

Yes, because it enables you to determine the location and type of the entrance to your park, as well as being able to build the park itself.

No, because it comes with a lot of extra stuff that, to a hardcore sandbox park builder like myself who isn't interested in scenarios, would only clutter the user interface.

So the solution would be A. to include a feature in the sandbox that enables you set the park entrance, the same as in the scenario editor, or B. to provide a way to hide unwanted - scenario related - stuff in the user interface. I'd go for B, I think.

CaptainJelle
02-09-2015, 11:50 AM

Very valid point i had to go to scenario editor first to create my sandbox. That way i controlled landscape, size of park, railing arround borders and change of entrance or no entrance at all. I think they can be merged. Also the "Building Editor" could be in the sandbox. The copy tool is very usefull and i wish i had it in the sandbox!

RCTW1
02-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Yes, because it enables you to determine the location and type of the entrance to your park, as well as being able to build the park itself.

No, because it comes with a lot of extra stuff that, to a hardcore sandbox park builder like myself who isn't interested in scenarios, would only clutter the user interface.

So the solution would be A. to include a feature in the sandbox that enables you set the park entrance, the same as in the scenario editor, or B. to provide a way to hide unwanted - scenario related - stuff in the user interface. I'd go for B, I think.

Same here. Although some of the adjustments would be nice. It kinda bothered me how the park entrance wasn't centered.

rockhpi
02-09-2015, 03:25 PM
I like a sandbox as far as maximum available land and all rides unlocked. But I do like having to start small and earn money in order to be able to afford bigger rides. Basically like a real business...you can build whatever you want if you can raise the money.

RCTW1
02-09-2015, 04:29 PM
It would be nice if sandbox had option ticks, so that you can choose different aspects.

AusCleaver
02-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Have to agree on the money side of things in sand box mode, I would love to be able to auto generate a random terrain and go to work making a masterpiece but also have the challenge of juggling the finances, it is a huge part of the whole series and what made it rewarding to play time and time again.