PDA

View Full Version : RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog Post #3

Pages : [1] 2

Mattlab
02-06-2015, 08:44 PM
Discussion on RollerCoaste Tycoon World Production Blog Post #3 (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-production-blog-post-3/)

Dear RCTW Tycoons,

What a crazy week it has been here at Atari HQ. We are earnestly involved in prep for GDC, the show that kicks off the convention season for us, and so things have really started to ramp up in intensity. Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World is busy working on the game as well as filming some amazing footage that we hope to feature soon. It will be straight from the game so you can see the awesome product we have been working on and get as excited as we are about it.

Building – Part 2 - Coasters:
In my last post, I spoke about the first half of the Building foundation, highlighting some of the tools you will have at your disposal and the great variety of buildings, themes, and detail we are putting into the game. Now it is time to talk about what is arguably the main attraction – Coasters!

What you can build:

RCTW is jam-packed with new coasters to build! We have three main track types: Steel, Wooden, and Hanging. These are your raw materials rather than entire coasters like in the previous games. With those three types of tracks you will be able to create a number of different coasters, as each track type has an enormous amount of varying coaster cars associated with it – this gives the flexibility of selecting a base coaster track type and then essentially specializing how the coaster will look based on the car. These cars add a tremendous amount of variety to the coaster system, giving you the freedom to build the coaster that looks the way you want! The number of combinations are enormous and will ensure that everyone’s park looks unique!

How you can build them:

A question we receive often is, how will players place and build these amazing new coasters? The answer is a really exciting one for us. The team has spent an incredible amount of time building an entirely new coaster editor from the ground up. The first thing we did was create an all-3D-based coaster building tool and converted all of our coasters to be fully spline-based. This means that each track now has a “node” on either end that allows you to manipulate it in 3D space! Thus instead of being limited only to pre-built tracks like in the previous games (although we have those too), in RCTW you can truly design and build the coaster of your dreams – in any direction! Note that before locking down this feature, we will share it with the community so you can provide feedback and make it even better! It is, in our opinion, one of the most difficult yet important things to get right in the game, and we want your feedback on it once it’s ready to be shared.

Our next innovation concerning the coaster editor, was to throw out the notion of “grid based coaster building” altogether. For the first time ever in the history of the franchise you will be able to build freeform coasters. Although the ground will still feature a grid, it is simply there to help place park elements where you want them. This combined with our new 3D coaster editor makes it as easy as dreaming something and then simply drawing it in the game in the air with your mouse - it’s really incredible. While your coaster station, something we consider a park element, still needs to be placed at 90 degree angles, the game no longer forces the coaster tracks themselves to conform to the grid below and will automatically place pylons where needed to support it. So if you want to place that corkscrew at some odd angle because you think it will increase the excitement rating of your ride, you can! It’s a super cool feature that we’re really proud of. It’s now up to your imagination.

Additionally, since we know not ALL of our fans will want to use the fully 3D freeform compliant building system, as mentioned before, our coaster editor will also include tools that will allow you to place standard tracks and pre-built special pieces, similar to previous RCT games. This makes our new tool easy to use and accessible to all but gives “power players” the ability to create something truly special and unique – something we think that will become very important when certain planned post launch feature updates are added. Additionally, switching between the two modes is seamless and done on the fly.

Architect mode:

Another important improvement to our coaster tool is that now you no longer pay for pieces the moment you put them down. We have created what we are calling an ‘architect mode’. This allows you to layout and place an entire coaster before building it. This way you don’t need to worry about mistakes, or how well your park is doing financially, and can simply enjoy the process of building an amazing coaster. It’s like we took the sandbox coaster editor and placed it right into your live park, eliminating the need to switch between the two.

Playing with the coaster editor on a daily basis, I must say, it’s awesome. I’m able to build coasters that were simply not possible in any previous iteration of RCT. Once you combine it with our brush-based terrain tool you really do get the ability to make some phenomenal layouts.
Building in RCTW unlocks the power of 3D and freeform design while keeping it accessible for all. We cannot wait to see what fans create with these powerful new tools, rides, and objects. We can’t even fathom the possibilities!

Selection of Fan Questions About Coasters:
I would like to also take the time to answer a few selected fan questions that I have seen on the forums recently concerning coasters.

Will there be coaster destruction or the possibility for “mishaps”?

In short, yes! Be careful not to build something too crazy or your peeps might have a rough time staying in their seats as the coaster goes around that bend…

Are there different coaster loading stations – what do they look like?

Carrying the idea of theming through, we have stations and cars that fit into our 4 main themes for the game. You now have a variety of different loading stations to choose from and can even match them to a theme – same for the coaster cars.

Will tracks and coaster cars have the ability to have their colors changed?

Yes, however, at launch it will be the entire track or the entire car rather than individual pieces.

What about length, height, and speed restrictions on coasters?

We will have some soft limits in place simply based on the needs of the game engine (of course) but essentially you are able to design the coaster any way you want and certain designs could cause your coaster to not be suitable for what I would call “safe riding” – what you make for your peeps is up to you. That’s the beauty of a 3D coaster building tool.

Will there be pre-built coasters not just pieces?

Yes! Our awesome design team is busy creating some truly fantastic pre-built coasters for you to place in your park.

Can you ride coasters?

Yes, and more about that in our upcoming foundation blog on “Playing”.

A Word About Custom Scenery in RCTW:
We noticed a number of fans asking about custom scenery and whether or not there will be any in RCTW. The answer is a complicated one, as it can be divided into two categories. In one category, you have the ability to take pieces of buildings (roofs, walls, floors, etc.) and place them within the game to create new objects and scenery. The second is the ability to create your own textures and objects outside of the game and import them in. We really want both but we will not have enough time to finish implementation before launch. We will instead be providing them as a free updates to all players once the features are ready. Additionally, there is a heavy dependence on a special feature from one of our partners and, without giving too much away, we think it will change the longevity of the game dramatically by really giving people even more of a reason to build amazing things on their own and share them with the world than ever before. We know how important this is to our most dedicated fans.

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rsz_pcplayer-2015-02-06-16-45-37-31-1100x618.jpg (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rsz_pcplayer-2015-02-06-16-45-37-31.jpg)Give your peeps the ultimate thrill in the scary "Barnyard Basher" ride shown shortly before sunset in RollerCoaster Tycoon World! This ride has an exciting fire element, themed around a burning barn, that raises the thrill your peeps feel as they swing high above it.

Next Time:
We know fans have more questions and we have more blogs to post. So stay tuned and see you on the forums!

Best,
Mattlab
Executive Producer - Atari
Team RCTW

Marvin
02-06-2015, 08:44 PM
Looks... promising. Well it sounds promising. Is that a coaster in the upper right hand coaster? If so, what type?

Also, for the paths: are there diagonal and curved paths or no?
Similar question about paths: Are they painted on like terrain or placed like in RCT3? I noticed in that screenshot the dirt being rice next to the asphalt.

jackk
02-06-2015, 08:50 PM
This blog was fantastic and much MUCH MUCHHH better than previous. Finally! I really wish you could have posted a screen shot of one of the roller coasters though, because thats what we want to see.

Marvin
02-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Haha the monorail in the back looks pretty cool.

Mattlab
02-06-2015, 08:52 PM
This blog was fantastic and much MUCH MUCHHH better than previous. Finally! I really wish you could have posted a screen shot of one of the roller coasters though, because thats what we want to see.

This is my attempt at a western themed shot :) so I of course had to use a wooden themed coaster!

a-can-o-beans
was excited abut everything except for the screenshot... hopefully the generic version of this ride is similar to an S&S screamin' Swing. btw why not call "hanging" coasters inverted? lol just seems odd i guess but i look forward to some more news... really wish we could have seen an actual coaster screenshot though...

Edit: Gotta be honest i love the lighting in this game so far. really cant wait to see what the full day to night cycle looks like :)

jackk
I am happy with the graphics so far aswell. Very pleased. Can you release the game right now? :) :)

jackk
02-06-2015, 08:54 PM
This is my attempt at a western themed shot :) so I of course had to use a wooden themed coaster!

I meant like, the screen shot purely focused on a roller coaster. Whenever you guys are ready though :) The graphics seem great aswell.

jackk
02-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Also matt, is building a roller coaster easier than No Limits? Because I cannot use No Limits at all. To much time and focus.

ExtraCheese
02-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Wow! Well, I'm really excited again about this game. A lot of info has been given in this post, allthought not all is new...
What concerns me thought is the part about the custom scenery. Everyone who has a 'non-commercial-eye' can see that Matt is only commercially hiding the fact that custom scenery will NOT be a part of the game when it will be released.
Talking about releasing the game... Matt insinuates that the game will still be released 'early 2015', that is cool! I have my doubts however. I don't think the game will really be released in the upcoming 2 months. That's not a bad thing, as I really want a good and finished game.

Building a coaster sounds great and it's really everything I wanted. The ability to construct a coaster the way you want it is great, and even have the option to have pre-set coaster elements is really promising. I wonder however how it will be in the game. Can you build a coaster by hand and then implement a pre-set element, but then adjust the element so it could fit your need?

The so called 'questions from community' are a joke Matt. Come on, nobody asked them like that and you don't really answer the real questions on this forum. The info from those 'questions' is good though, however not new / surprising.

All in all I would like to thank Atari / Area 52 / Matt for this new blog post and new screenshot (YAY!)!

ncutt010
02-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Great blog post! You mention there are only 3 track types: steel, wooden, and inverted. Will there be unique tracks for each type? For example can I make a giga coaster track type and also a hyper coaster track type?

BigDaddy
02-06-2015, 09:01 PM
I'm happy to hear that the core game design does allow for the eventual custom scenery and thus UGC to make its way into RCTW. Thank you for taking the time to address our concerns. Normally I really don't worry too much about other people's software during development, but this franchise is just one of my all time favs and I would love to see it come back to life with a great new addition.

Best of luck in crunch and release. I'll be purchasing it without a doubt now.

0BobTheJanitor
02-06-2015, 09:02 PM
Now things are starting to kick off a bit (still a bit vague, but I can accept it), and people's complaints about custom scenery have been addressed. My only problem with the photo though is the coaster seems a bit lumpy, but I'm sure it's nothing wrong with the designer tool. However, I do love some of the smaller details that the game assets include, like the rust on the fence.

tycoon
02-06-2015, 09:02 PM
one thing on my yet-to-be-posted 'wish list' is regarding the pre-built tracks for placement in parks. i really hope that you guys invest a little more time in providing a more robust set of these tracks than in rct3.

for some coaster types, you'd have say 1-3 options, some of which could be locked or even just not suitable (in terms of excitement, size, cost, etc.) - whereas for something like wooden coasters, there'd be about 20. i'd like to see more options upfront. especially in scenario play, when under budgetary restraints, or for those who don't want to spend hours of experimenting to get just that right balance, having the pre-built options is useful.

rhcoaster
02-06-2015, 09:06 PM
This blog post is a lot better compared to last two. Great job, Mattlab.

Some quick analysis: It took me 10 minutes to figure out the thing on fire is actually a ride from here: http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/RCTW_Beauty_Western.jpg.

There is a generic ticket booth next to it and special pathway under it but there are no bars to direct the people to line up. :confused:

Oh, forgot to add, looks like the gorilla cave is back again for the third time behind the roller coaster.

mb1.0.2
02-06-2015, 09:10 PM
While it does sound like you guys are absolutely on the right track with coasters, and while it is also a relief to here that, yes, you will still be able to use scenery (walls, roofs, etc) to build structures, I'm curious. You said 3 track types only? Does that mean all "steel" coasters will look the same? There won't be any difference between B&M's, Intamins, or Arrows? I know, legally, you can't do that, but in the past games there were obviously different real-world type track spines and rail systems that closely resembled real-world coaster companies. It will be a shame if that's not possible. Or did you mean that the track "style" (B&M vs. Intamin, for example) changes based on the car we select? That would be neat if it were the case. But if we only get 3 tracks, that's gonna be sad.

Also kinda "meh" about the heavily themed stuff. It's cute, but I'd rather generic rides and then awesome scenery sets to theme it myself how I want. Hopefully we'll be able to do this with whatever this "American" theme really is.

And when, oh, when will be able to get multiple pictures in a blog?

sanctus
02-06-2015, 09:10 PM
I'm still waiting to the blog where you will post something about the pre-orders and how to get in the closed alphas...

Knobs
02-06-2015, 09:13 PM
Omg , matt, that was an awesome read.seriously that's how you handle us, die hard fans. Thanks a lot. Now i can finally go to sleep!perfect blog, way waaay better then previous ones. I finally see some actual game screen, and it looks promising. Yes!!!!thank you .

a-can-o-beans
02-06-2015, 09:16 PM
While it does sound like you guys are absolutely on the right track with coasters, and while it is also a relief to here that, yes, you will still be able to use scenery (walls, roofs, etc) to build structures, I'm curious. You said 3 track types only? Does that mean all "steel" coasters will look the same? There won't be any difference between B&M's, Intamins, or Arrows? I know, legally, you can't do that, but in the past games there were obviously different real-world type track spines and rail systems that closely resembled real-world coaster companies. It will be a shame if that's not possible. Or did you mean that the track "style" (B&M vs. Intamin, for example) changes based on the car we select? That would be neat if it were the case. But if we only get 3 tracks, that's gonna be sad.

Also kinda "meh" about the heavily themed stuff. It's cute, but I'd rather generic rides and then awesome scenery sets to theme it myself how I want. Hopefully we'll be able to do this with whatever this "American" theme really is.

im worried about exactly the same thing.....

SYREN
I'm pretty sure the partnership he's talking about is the steam workshop

Thompso
Loved your blog, it was very informative. Steel-Hanging-Wooden coasters I love. I'm hopeing there will be water coasters like River Rapid rides.

Also can you talk more about peeps in your next blog?

LevelB
02-06-2015, 09:18 PM
:D

Looking forward to this...

a-can-o-beans
02-06-2015, 09:19 PM

i would agree. im willing to wait for proper custom scenery support if it involves workshop

Mattlab
02-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Also matt, is building a roller coaster easier than No Limits? Because I cannot use No Limits at all. To much time and focus.

I can that I am by no means an expert coaster designer or 3D model maker but I can use this system with ease. We want it to be accessible yet powerful.

Mattlab
02-06-2015, 09:23 PM
Now things are starting to kick off a bit (still a bit vague, but I can accept it), and people's complaints about custom scenery have been addressed. My only problem with the photo though is the coaster seems a bit lumpy, but I'm sure it's nothing wrong with the designer tool. However, I do love some of the smaller details that the game assets include, like the rust on the fence.

Ah yes, the coaster is "lumpy" looking because I made a drop within my drop! Maybe our tools are too powerful :P

jackk
02-06-2015, 09:24 PM
I can that I am by no means an expert coaster designer or 3D model maker but I can use this system with ease. We want it to be accessible yet powerful.

That sounds promising. Feel free to release the game now by the way, it won't bother us at all ;)

jackk
02-06-2015, 09:25 PM
Ah yes, the coaster is "lumpy" looking because I made a drop within my drop! Maybe our tools are too powerful :P

It just goes to show that the coaster tracks can be edited which is the most important thing of all. RCT3 tracks are so unnatural and the car did not run through the track smoothly.

Taizen
02-06-2015, 09:32 PM
Hello mattlab, as others have asked, will there be varying track types for each category?

For example the hyper coaster track that you showed in the "Key Art"

On another note I am very relieved to hear about the ability to create custom buildings.

RCM88x
02-06-2015, 09:35 PM
Man that screenshot, brings back the feels of RCT3s graphics.... in 2005. The more and more I see from this game the worse I feel... kind of worried about there only being 3 types of track as well, but I won't really judge until I see more. Still wont make my decision on whether this game will be a bust or be great until I see gameplay.

Thompso
02-06-2015, 09:35 PM
Hey Mattlab is it true the game is planning to release April 30th or is Amazon.com trolling. ?

The graphics look good and can still run on my computer I want it now LOL.

warly
02-06-2015, 09:38 PM
Hey Mattlab,

really great post. I love the actual information about how the coaster editor will work :D I'm really excited about that. For the screenshot i must say that the coaster looks like someone build it on his own in his backyard ;) looks a bit fragile to me, but anyway the rest of the screenshot shouts improvement to RCT3 all over the place :)

Question regarding Custom scenery: You mentioned that you won't be able to finish both categories prior launch, which is ok for me. Does that mean you will finish one of them or will both (single assets like walls etc. and the possibility to add custom stuff) be added later on post launch?

Thank you very much for the post! looking forward.

darkhorizon
02-06-2015, 09:50 PM
Nice update. Definitely reassuring to know that both custom structures and scenery will be supported (eventually).

The screenshot looks interesting. I can see graphic-wise there seems to be a nice improvement to shadows and some lighting aspects (nice godrays shining through the swing flatride!), but for some reason it still looks eerily similar to RCT3. This may be a no-brainer question, but are the graphics still being actively worked on and improved? Even something as basic as some ambient occlusion would give a great boost to the look of the game (look where the barn structure on the left meets the terrain - no shading there, and as a result the whole area has no depth or dimension). Even the models like the skull and the cactus-fern-things look like they could be detailed slightly more.

But a promising update nevertheless...

Mattlab
02-06-2015, 09:54 PM
Nice update. Definitely reassuring to know that both custom structures and scenery will be supported (eventually).

The screenshot looks interesting. I can see graphic-wise there seems to be a nice improvement to shadows and some lighting aspects (nice godrays shining through the swing flatride!), but for some reason it still looks eerily similar to RCT3. This may be a no-brainer question, but are the graphics still being actively worked on and improved? Even something as basic as some ambient occlusion would give a great boost to the look of the game (look where the barn structure on the left meets the terrain - no shading there, and as a result the whole area has no depth or dimension). Even the models like the skull and the cactus-fern-things look like they could be detailed slightly more.

But a promising update nevertheless...

Yes, not to worry the graphics are always being worked on and improved. We've gone a really long way from RCT3 to RCTW. If you play the two games you really notice the difference in polygons, graphics and animations that a screenshot really can't quite show always.

dwwilkin
02-06-2015, 09:56 PM
Great Blog post they are getting better and better, and sounds like we will be hearing more by more on an accelerated basis as time goes by

One question, is it Bandyard, or should it be Barnyard at the screenshot description.

Mattlab
02-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Great Blog post they are getting better and better, and sounds like we will be hearing more by more on an accelerated basis as time goes by

One question, is it Bandyard, or should it be Barnyard at the screenshot description.

"Barnyard" is the correct description. Just fixed it.

Indiglow
02-06-2015, 10:01 PM
1) This is great. It left me wanting to see more screenshots, but this will work.

2) really hoping to see some info on pathing and queue lines in one of these blogs

3) And finally, I just wanted to tell everyone I TOLD YOU SO about custom scenery. Thank you for addressing that!

BeerWhiskers
02-06-2015, 10:25 PM
Mattlab-

Very good blog! Thank you! I think you have found your voice! It was an acceptable balance of hype and information, and thank you for covering everything that you did. Optimism confirmed, I am much less worried about questions I have about other areas of the game, and looking forward to playing.

High Points for me

The choose your track & choose train to put on the track is nice! Feels more flexible, more possibilities.
Sounds like the coaster building is really flexible, and still allows for spline-based 'track pieces' for easy building. The more I think about this, it is really cool. The best of both worlds. I wonder then if we will be able to import RCT3 tracks...
Architect Mode sounds fantastic! I used to play a park to build and integrate a coaster into it and the scenery around it, save the track design, then re-load the game at the point when I started to build so I didn't lose tens of thousands of dollars and years of game time to build a coaster. Now it sounds like something very similar is built-in.

Credit where credit due, Mattlab, this was a fine post. Please keep it up!

Do you think you can keep up a schedule of weekly blogs? I am looking forward to the next!

RedBlueLaw
02-06-2015, 10:49 PM
Mattlab-

It seems we all have one pressing question for you.

Will we have different styles of track for each coaster type? (Giga, hyper)

Other than that, fantastic update!

Paul_Boland
02-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Hi Mattlab.

Thank you for an awesome update, I really enjoyed it. I'm thrilled to hear that we have to take safety into account in our coaster designs because that was always fun to work with. The new coaster tools sound great. I also love that there will be night day cycles. A great update, I'm very much looking forward to the game!!

PixelPlayer
02-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Graphics aren't all that different in over a decade??? Hope we get custom scenery guys in to address that.

king_austin95
02-07-2015, 12:01 AM
Damn it Matt! You aren't answering a VERY important question that A LOT of people are asking! And i'm wondering about it too.

WILL THERE BE MORE THAN ONE KIND OF STEEL, WOOD, AND INVERTED COASTER. like will there be junior, giga, hyper, wild mouse, etc. coasters?!

PLEASE ANSWER THIS. it scares me that you said only steel, wood, and hanging. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let there be more than just plain steel, plain wooden and plain hanging! :(

king_austin95
02-07-2015, 12:03 AM
Damn it Matt! You aren't answering a VERY important question that A LOT of people are asking! And i'm wondering about it too.

WILL THERE BE MORE THAN ONE KIND OF STEEL, WOOD, AND INVERTED COASTER?! like will there be junior, giga, hyper, wild mouse, etc. coasters?!

PLEASE ANSWER THIS. it scares me that you said only steel, wood, and hanging. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let there be more than just plain steel, plain wooden and plain hanging! :(

dang it! i went to edit my post and accidentally posted it twice. :/ oh well, maybe now he'll answer the question

RCTW1
02-07-2015, 12:08 AM
Graphics aren't all that different in over a decade??? Hope we get custom scenery guys in to address that.

RCT 1&2 were closely identical. RCTW looks more vibrant and detailed than RCT3.

RCTW1
02-07-2015, 12:31 AM
Matt, you mentioned that painting objects will be limited at launch, but will be updated soon. Will RCTW have more scheduled updates than RCT3?

SYREN
02-07-2015, 12:38 AM
Peeps!!!!!!!!!

intoxination
02-07-2015, 12:39 AM
Really excited to play this. After numerous let downs since RCT3, I am finally stoked about a decent park building game again. Keep the amazing updates coming! ;)

PlanetAlexander
02-07-2015, 01:14 AM
Great to see the update so soon! I love the "node" idea of editing. But PLEASE, make sure we can customize and place our own ride supports. This makes a HUGE difference.
Thanks!

PixelPlayer
02-07-2015, 02:20 AM
RCT 1&2 were closely identical. RCTW looks more vibrant and detailed than RCT3.

RCT 1 and 2 was made by one single person unheard of even for those days using assembly. RCT 2 and 3 was a huge jump when Atari took over. 10 years later were still at RCT 3 level. I hope the custom content will be sufficient to keep the game alive otherwise its going to go stale very quickly.

Noahjsc
02-07-2015, 02:23 AM
I'm just a little confused as what you mean by types, do you mean like,the filters in rct3 or we only,have three track types, if so does that mean coasters like the bobsleigh coaster is gone?

frederic.maton
02-07-2015, 03:25 AM
Additionally, there is a heavy dependence on a special feature from one of our partners and, without giving too much away, we think it will change the longevity of the game dramatically by really giving people even more of a reason to build amazing things on their own and share them with the world than ever before.

STEAM WORKSHOP !!!! :rolleyes:

king_austin95
02-07-2015, 04:27 AM
I'm just a little confused as what you mean by types, do you mean like,the filters in rct3 or we only,have three track types, if so does that mean coasters like the bobsleigh coaster is gone?

i don't get it either, and he won't answer the question. and it's WORRYING a lot of people. INCLUDING ME. he needs to explain it more. because i DO NOT want there to be only plain wooden, plain steel, and plain hanging/inverted. i want a BUNCH of different coaster types to choose from, like wild mouse, junior coaster, bobsleigh, side friction, water coaster, log flume, etc. PLEASE explain this mattlab. a lot of people will be upset if we only have 3 coasters to build

Chocolate
02-07-2015, 05:14 AM
Great post!
But I just want to point out to people complaining about the graphics and the scenery (and all the others).
Atari is still in full development so there stil could be major changes to the game. And take a look at the details.. Like the custom-made mountain behind the coster. That for exemple looks really promising to me.
Neverless, i'm looking forward to the next Blog post and cant wait to get my hands on the game itself. :)

(Here is a screenshot of the mountain i was reverring to) 148

rct-uwe
02-07-2015, 05:48 AM
Some things I have read are good and some aren't...

+ combination of freeform and piece by piece track designer (hopefully for all rides)

+/- it seems to be easier to build different coasters as you just have to select the base type (eg. steel) and the steel-track will be modified as you choose the car type, before designing the coaster (if it will work that way)... Or how should I place a wild mouse car on a course with loopings?
Is it possible to redesign single sections after placing the coaster?
What about the mentioned other coaster types?

- the screenshot looks like they haven't cared about queue lines and entrances so far (it's a shame what I can see there)

- they probably have to release a not finished game (some features will be implemented via updates, scenery walls too?)

-- 90 degrees based grid... why? A grid is ok but why not 30 or at least 45 degrees? Is it for coaster stations, only?
The first screenshot from the teaser is showing a different way...

a-can-o-beans
02-07-2015, 06:46 AM
Some things I have read are good and some aren't...

+ combination of freeform and piece by piece track designer (hopefully for all rides)

+/- it seems to be easier to build different coasters as you just have to select the base type (eg. steel) and the steel-track will be modified as you choose the car type, before designing the coaster (if it will work that way)... Or how should I place a wild mouse car on a course with loopings?
Is it possible to redesign single sections after placing the coaster?
What about the mentioned other coaster types?

- the screenshot looks like they haven't cared about queue lines and entrances so far (it's a shame what I can see there)

- they probably have to release a not finished game (some features will be implemented via updates, scenery walls too?)

-- 90 degrees based grid... why? A grid is ok but why not 30 or at least 45 degrees? Is it for coaster stations, only?
The first screenshot from the teaser is showing a different way...

the very first screenshot was a pre rendered scene. not actual gameplay footage.

Gandalf
02-07-2015, 06:49 AM
I noticed on the coaster that if it is going down it's not in a perfect line, it's curving alittle bit would that mean we can't make straight tracks for coaster? If you take a ruler and place it on the coaster you will see its not flat or straight..

cap396
02-07-2015, 06:53 AM

Mattlab said that the track is not straight because he made the little drop himself. I surely don't think it means that we can't create straight track.

RCTFan
02-07-2015, 06:53 AM
Great post!

AUS_Twisted
02-07-2015, 07:02 AM
I noticed on the coaster that if it is going down it's not in a perfect line, it's curving alittle bit would that mean we can't make straight tracks for coaster? If you take a ruler and place it on the coaster you will see its not flat or straight..

It shows that you can do custom angles instead of the limited pieces RCT3 has which was either a medium or steep drop or climb (not including vertical on some tracks). Straight pieces after a angle change should not be a issue.

AUS_Twisted
02-07-2015, 07:06 AM

Hey Mattlab, will there be 3D wood supports on the Wooden coaster? at the moment I see flat faces each side with a texture on it similar to RCT3 (there's a mod for RCT3 that makes these 3D without having to build full custom supports)

Sam223
02-07-2015, 07:29 AM
Node based system sounds great in theory.Im sure many have waited a long time to see it in RCT (myself included). Partially because of how bad pre made sections ride in the 'coaster cam', but also because of how bad sections look from certain angles in full 3d.

However,node based alone is not the answer.Will RCTW feature any of these things or new innovations to help keep rides smooth (when wanted) and to ease with the building process.

Snap view to elevation (front,back,side,birds eye)
Snap node to axis (X,Y,Z)
Make section 'straight'
Auto smooth 'section'
Auto roll/bank section based on G's (0g)
Bank section around heartline option.
Free nodes for banking or only bank where there is a node?
etc etc
Maybes someone can elaborate?

Without some of these options or alternatives you are effectively allowing better built rides,but making it impossible to build them. Making the whole node system pointless.

Coaster supports based on nodes aswell? Snap to track>snap to base grid.Snap to support>snap to support.....

EmSay
02-07-2015, 07:55 AM
Wooow
Felt good.

sam_93
02-07-2015, 08:52 AM
Thank you very much, Mattlab! I eagerly anticipate reading this blogs weekly, and this has been my favorite read so far!

You guys are doing an amazing job at capturing realism (for those 'realistic' geeks), as well as heavy theming for people like myself who love that aspect of the game. I have three questions...
- I really like how you've narrowed it down to "Steel, Wooden and Hanging", but does this mean coasters such as bobsled and launched will not be available in the base game?
- Do you plan expansion packs to expand on themeing? I'd love to see Spooky theming return again!
- Will there be variations of each "track type"? So depending on the car, will the width and style of the track change also?

Again, thank you so much for these updates!

EmSay
02-07-2015, 08:58 AM
What about water rides?

Miguel
02-07-2015, 09:02 AM
Can't wait for the game! Thanks for the update!

Donell
02-07-2015, 09:17 AM
Discussion on RollerCoaste Tycoon World Production Blog Post #3 (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-production-blog-post-3/)

I want in rollercoaster tycoon world is shopping mall (General shops that you normally find in a UK shopping mall),hotels,escalators,lifts,beach resorts,waterpark,metro line,more rides,casino,headquarters building,landmarks,buses to transport peeps around the park,entertainment centre (cinema,theatre),fireworks,weather,tv studio,airport and international train station,souvenir shop,dapartment store,zoo,indoor rides.

Fovruf
02-07-2015, 09:37 AM
I want in rollercoaster tycoon world is shopping mall (General shops that you normally find in a UK shopping mall),hotels,escalators,lifts,beach resorts,waterpark,metro line,more rides,casino,headquarters building,landmarks,buses to transport peeps around the park,entertainment centre (cinema,theatre),fireworks,weather,tv studio,airport and international train station,souvenir shop,dapartment store,zoo,indoor rides.

You're kiddign right? This ain't shopping mall tycoon.

Anyways, great blog! Can't wait for RCTW :)

CreamyBeef
02-07-2015, 09:43 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE answer this question next time: Will there be a sandbox mode?
Great post BTW :)

Nemmie
02-07-2015, 09:53 AM

Masked, you hit the nail on the head there. Although, when Mattlab says," this gives the flexibility of selecting a base coaster track type and then essentially specializing how the coaster will look based on the car", Does this mean that the track's appearance will change depending on the car?

That way, If we choose, for example, an Intamin car, we'll get Intamin looking track? I really hope this is where it's going as all of us that want to make the park of our dreams or our favourite ride recreation, would like this level of authenticity to make us play this game for the next few years. That's what has kept me going back to RCT3 since launch.

If this is the case, I hope that WHEN custom content makes its way into the game, and people start creating custom cars, we can let the game know what the track appearance should be for that custom car, otherwise it'll cause all sorts of bother.

Also on that, If B&M Dive Machines are on the ride list, please can we have the larger track? Those beautiful drop cars that various generous members of our amazing community gave us always looked odd on the stock, narrow B&M track.

Also Atari, as for the stations still having to be on a 90 degree angle, check out the PEP Team's addon. We all still managed to join these to our paths. If the community can manage this with an old game, I'd expect at the very least a game that's 10 years more advanced with the actual game devs working on it to have this as a feature as it will allow so much more creativity.

So keep up the good work. Can't wait to see how this develops.

AUS_Twisted
02-07-2015, 10:06 AM

What you are asking for there is pretty much a Sim City style game lol.

Knobs
02-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Node based system sounds great in theory.Im sure many have waited a long time to see it in RCT (myself included). Partially because of how bad pre made sections ride in the 'coaster cam', but also because of how bad sections look from certain angles in full 3d.

However,node based alone is not the answer.Will RCTW feature any of these things or new innovations to help keep rides smooth (when wanted) and to ease with the building process.

Snap view to elevation (front,back,side,birds eye)
Snap node to axis (X,Y,Z)
Make section 'straight'
Auto smooth 'section'
Auto roll/bank section based on G's (0g)
Bank section around heartline option.
Free nodes for banking or only bank where there is a node?
etc etc
Maybes someone can elaborate?

Without some of these options or alternatives you are effectively allowing better built rides,but making it impossible to build them. Making the whole node system pointless.

Coaster supports based on nodes aswell? Snap to track>snap to base grid.Snap to support>snap to support.....

+1 at the heartline !!

Makes everyting so smooth. Nolimits rocked that subject.. !

ncutt010
02-07-2015, 10:34 AM
Masked, you hit the nail on the head there. Although, when Mattlab says," this gives the flexibility of selecting a base coaster track type and then essentially specializing how the coaster will look based on the car", Does this mean that the track's appearance will change depending on the car?

That way, If we choose, for example, an Intamin car, we'll get Intamin looking track? I really hope this is where it's going as all of us that want to make the park of our dreams or our favourite ride recreation, would like this level of authenticity to make us play this game for the next few years. That's what has kept me going back to RCT3 since launch.

I cant imagine them excluding multiple steel track coasters. We HAVE to be able to make hyper, giga, bobsleigh, and reverse free fall coaster tracks...Right? It doesnt make sense why those tracks will be excluded. Maybe we're all looking into this too much?

However Mattlab ignoring this question is not a good sign at all.. gulp!..

Its a simple answer Matt, can you please inform us all? THANKS! :)

king_austin95
02-07-2015, 10:49 AM
I cant imagine them excluding multiple steel track coasters. We HAVE to be able to make hyper, giga, bobsleb, and reverse free fall coaster tracks...Right? It doesnt make sense why those tracks will be excluded. Maybe we're all looking into this too much?

However Mattlab ignoring this question is not a good sign at all.. gulp!..

Its a simple answer Matt, can you please inform us all? THANKS! :)

i know. its bothering me that he's ignoring this question. it scares me. hopefully if some coaster types don't make it into the game at launch we'll get them as dlc later on. i want stuff like log flumes and bobsleigh coaster and i don't think those fit into the 3 categories he mentioned. he did say those were the MAIN categories though so maybe there are smaller categories he didn't mention? i am not liking the whole thing about whatever car type you choose changes what kind of coaster it is. i want it to be the way its always been where you choose the specific type of coaster before you start building and then you pick a car for that coaster. :(

Wabigbear
02-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Guys, it's Saturday, it's likely Mattlab's day off. There might not be any answer to that question until next week.

This was a huge improvement as a blog I think. Informative and addressed a number of questions that have been raised. Just as we sometimes take him to task because the previous blogs sometimes seemed weak, we need to acknowledge a good job done on this one.

Much of what I see on the screenshot I like. I'm hoping the supports get more work yet, those look like a step down from the one's in RCT3, but perhaps custom ones will be feasible in the future?

CaptainJelle
02-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Wow Matt im so eager for everything now... i cant think straight!
Specially like your Custom Scenery section. I can imagine myself building a steel coaster, going threw water in special cars designed as boats. But will they also displace the water and create splashes?
Thats the only question i can think of right now im too excited!

Good luck and lots of love from me!

aochs615
02-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Will RCTW be on Mac? It would be a shot in the foot and unacceptable if it wasn't

Marvin
02-07-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm kinda disappointed with the grid returning and at 90 degree angles. I would think there would be a way to at least minimize the grid. Will we at least be able to create curved paths, like how you can create curved roads in SimCity (it also has a grid)?

coaster6
02-07-2015, 12:30 PM
supports are absolutely unacceptable:(

0BobTheJanitor
02-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Guys, it's Saturday, it's likely Mattlab's day off. There might not be any answer to that question until next week.
Message to short you say...

mrwho
02-07-2015, 12:59 PM
I find it pretty odd that the publishers of this game are actively planning to release it in an incomplete state, and just update it later. Wouldn't it be better to release the game when it's actually ready? An RCT game released without scenery options will be ravaged by the internet, even if there are intentions to add them in the near future. It's marketing suicide to release RCT in an unfinished form IMO.

HipsterJesus
02-07-2015, 01:03 PM
The graphics at this point look a lot like RCT3 and like they haven't had any improvement over the last decade... I really hope this is some alpha stage screenshot.

jsqualls14
02-07-2015, 01:13 PM
I just wanna know if we'll be able to place our own, nice, not RCT3-ugly supports...:p

yorick
02-07-2015, 01:26 PM
AWESOME and this is not about rollercoasters but would there be a madhouse???

OneFatDollar
02-07-2015, 01:27 PM
I'm so excited to see how this is going to turn out. I like the new 'coaster builder' design and I'm excited to use it. Some questions:

How much (estimated) is RCTW going to cost?

When will you be realeasing an exact release date for RCTW?

Will RCTW be able to be used on windows 8?

If these questions could be answered that would be great! This game looks awesome. I just hope its not really expensive but I'm still buying it!

RedBlueLaw
02-07-2015, 01:31 PM
The cost of the game is supposedly OneFatDollar ;)

SparkyUK
02-07-2015, 01:35 PM
The graphics at this point look a lot like RCT3 and like they haven't had any improvement over the last decade... I really hope this is some alpha stage screenshot.

They have changed. There is a lot more detail in the screenshots that have been released so far. Put this side-by-side with the old one and I can see the difference, and I don't have any more screens to look at than anyone here.

Thompso
02-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Mattlab, will there still be Dingy Coasters in the game? They were my favorite to make and peeps loved them. Also Log fumes are a must. PLEASE tell me there will be water coasters.

Matty please address this even if you have to PM me.

Wezzor
02-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Damn! I grew up playing the RollerCoaster Tycoon series. Can't wait to play this one too. :D

EuroMaster2008
02-07-2015, 02:18 PM
The Date for Europe ist set to be the 30th April 2015! Of course this can change. The Cost here is at the Moment 49,99€ So I believe it will be 49,99$ too.

ddrplaya4638
02-07-2015, 03:32 PM
Will there be que lines for the ride? I am very excited for rctw!

king_austin95
02-07-2015, 03:39 PM

This was a huge improvement as a blog I think. Informative and addressed a number of questions that have been raised. Just as we sometimes take him to task because the previous blogs sometimes seemed weak, we need to acknowledge a good job done on this one.

Much of what I see on the screenshot I like. I'm hoping the supports get more work yet, those look like a step down from the one's in RCT3, but perhaps custom ones will be feasible in the future?

it doesn't matter. people were asking him that question on friday shortly after the blog got put up, and he STILL didn't answer it.

Jamppa158
02-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the blog post! Looks like creating coasters just took a huge step forwards.

I have a question, though. When creating the coaster in architect mode, will there be a "white shadow" of the coaster cars running while you're building? I mean a similar system to RCT3. It really helped working with uphills and giving the cars proper speed when you could constantly see how the cars would move.

We have three main track types: Steel, Wooden, and Hanging. These are your raw materials rather than entire coasters like in the previous games. With those three types of tracks you will be able to create a number of different coasters, as each track type has an enormous amount of varying coaster cars associated with it – this gives the flexibility of selecting a base coaster track type and then essentially specializing how the coaster will look based on the car. These cars add a tremendous amount of variety to the coaster system, giving you the freedom to build the coaster that looks the way you want!
To me it sounds to work like this:
Decide to build a giga coaster, for example -> choose the coaster type -> steel -> choose giga coaster cars -> tracks will look like giga coaster's tracks.

mb1.0.2
02-07-2015, 03:42 PM
I find it pretty odd that the publishers of this game are actively planning to release it in an incomplete state, and just update it later. Wouldn't it be better to release the game when it's actually ready? An RCT game released without scenery options will be ravaged by the internet, even if there are intentions to add them in the near future. It's marketing suicide to release RCT in an unfinished form IMO.

Nah...they get to charge you extra for all that stuff that "didn't make it" into the launch. It's how games are made these days. Release an unfinished, unpolished product for full price and then have you pay $5 here, $9.99 there to keep "upgrading" the game. In a few years, it'll finally be as good as it was meant to be at launch, all for who knows how much! YAY!

king_austin95
02-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Nah...they get to charge you extra for all that stuff that "didn't make it" into the launch. It's how games are made these days. Release an unfinished, unpolished product for full price and then have you pay $5 here, $9.99 there to keep "upgrading" the game. In a few years, it'll finally be as good as it was meant to be at launch, all for who knows how much! YAY!

he said the stuff that didn't get in the game in time would be free dlc when its ready to be in the game.

threepm
02-07-2015, 04:25 PM
The textures/graphics in general feel very very... 2009. Everything looks flat. :/ I am concerned.

Varhaatus
02-07-2015, 05:23 PM
For people asking about the Coaster types and will there be variants, if you actually read the post correctly he said "each type will allows car choices which will change the coaster and how it works"

@Mattlab, great post can't wait for this.

sam_93
02-07-2015, 05:40 PM
Love the sound of "architect" mode! I used to hate getting halfway through a coaster and not being able to afford to build more. This allows you to create a coaster within your budget without trying over and over again!

Mr Moriarty
02-07-2015, 05:56 PM
As mentioned it's obviously the weekend so there won't be answers today or tomorrow.

But to me the 3 coaster type thing is very very concerning unless suggested there are multiple sub types which change the track style completely. But if that's correct wouldn't it have made more sense to state that. They wouldn't even have to give away a number of types. Just that they exist.

While I'm not fussed about a step up in Graphics since the more PC's the game runs on the better, If there are only three types of coaster that is a massive step backwards.

The original game had 14 at release and 25 once Loopy Landscapes was released (This is excluding different car types that's actual track styles). The second one had well over 50 (although half of those were basically duplicates) Even the original Theme Park from 1994 had two types.

Now I understand the car types thing will increase the number in a way. But this is a lazy and inaccurate way of doing things if the track stays the same.

It's a shame because I was trying my best to remain excited for this game after the travesty that was RCT4M. But its slipping away.

HipsterJesus
02-07-2015, 05:56 PM
They have changed. There is a lot more detail in the screenshots that have been released so far. Put this side-by-side with the old one and I can see the difference, and I don't have any more screens to look at than anyone here.

They have changed, yes, and there might be a little bit more details, however, if you look at the terrain it still looks like it was copied from RCT 3 and the fire animation also looks like it was made in 2005. I must say the graphics at this point don't fit in 2015 but rather in 2009.

mb1.0.2
02-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Simulation games always suffer performance vs. graphical prowess issues. If they crank the graphics, you get tiny maps. If they make the maps huge, you get awful graphics. The key is striking a balance. Think of all the things that need to be rendered on the screen. I'm not so concerned about the graphical abilities so much so as to how they're being implemented. Hopefully the community will push the engine to its limits just like it did with RCT3.

koekeritis
02-07-2015, 06:12 PM
RCT 1 and 2 was made by one single person unheard of even for those days using assembly. RCT 2 and 3 was a huge jump when Atari took over. 10 years later were still at RCT 3 level. I hope the custom content will be sufficient to keep the game alive otherwise its going to go stale very quickly.
Actually the maker of RCT 1 and 2 wasn't the artist. And I think the graphics look quite a bit better then in RCT3 Also not everyone has a really powerful PC.

koekeritis
02-07-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm so excited to see how this is going to turn out. I like the new 'coaster builder' design and I'm excited to use it. Some questions:

How much (estimated) is RCTW going to cost?

When will you be realeasing an exact release date for RCTW?

Will RCTW be able to be used on windows 8?

If these questions could be answered that would be great! This game looks awesome. I just hope its not really expensive but I'm still buying it!
They didn't anounce a release date yet because they don't know it, why would they know when exactly they are gonna anounce it. Also all windows 7 games work on windows 8.

koekeritis
02-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Simulation games always suffer performance vs. graphical prowess issues. If they crank the graphics, you get tiny maps. If they make the maps huge, you get awful graphics. The key is striking a balance. Think of all the things that need to be rendered on the screen. I'm not so concerned about the graphical abilities so much so as to how they're being implemented. Hopefully the community will push the engine to its limits just like it did with RCT3.
+1

You got it! Not everyone has the most powerful PC and if you're making a big park graphics are dangerous for the fps. They gotta find a good balance.

JMR
02-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Really happy to see another blog article. :)

king_austin95
02-07-2015, 08:01 PM
For people asking about the Coaster types and will there be variants, if you actually read the post correctly he said "each type will allows car choices which will change the coaster and how it works"

@Mattlab, great post can't wait for this.

that's stupid though. they should have kept it the way its always benn, where you choose the COASTER TYPE first, then you build it, then select the car.

Gadget9_LGK
02-07-2015, 08:26 PM
What about textures? does your engine support next gen shaders (physically based materials)? does it support normals /spec /gloss maps?

for graphics we can see differences between those 2 picshttp://s28.postimg.org/v5dyt4pbx/rct4.png

but if i dont have those pics side by side I have pain to see an evolution (exept lighting & shadows)render on your last screenshot is not bad so far but do you plane to make the graphics better?

why limit construction snap to 90°?
what about path,will they splines based too?

regarding Custom Object I hope you'll make it possible.

keep it up , glad to have more and more news :)

Gadget.

Riddly
02-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Much better post this week. Rather than just saying you're listening to fans, you showed it. So great job there. The outlook on this game is back to positive for me.

Disappointed custom scenery won't be available at launch, that's probably why you were quiet about it for so long, but at least by answering the question we know it's coming. Plus if you plan to do a free update later on, I guess that means you probably have more plans for this game down the road beyond launch. Can we expect more than 4 themes later on from expansions or DLC?

Sandsh8rk
02-07-2015, 10:04 PM
The blog post looks promising, but for some reason I still have my doubts about the whole thing...I hope I am proved wrong.

The Stig
02-07-2015, 10:50 PM
I'd personally consider this blog a redemption from the previous. I'm really excited about the new coaster building system. Hopefully, the forces required to eject peeps out of the coasters will be significantly high, as there are some pretty forceful modern coasters that are perfectly safe to ride.

The burning barn ride looks interesting. Not many real rides use real fire for theming purposes, but the concept isn't entirely far-fetched either. I hope to see some coaster models soon.

Thompso
02-07-2015, 10:53 PM
I'm not worried about Custom scenery not being available at lauch. Think about it, by the time you finish completing all the scenarios and in game challanges,you will know the game inside in out.

In fact they probably delay custom content on purpose encourage scenario play first.

There is plenty of time to get custom content after game lauch I just hope they keep their word and it's a free download.

The Stig
02-07-2015, 10:59 PM
I'm guessing that while it's possible to recreate Fury 325 in RCTW, the finished ride might not have that "B&M looking" track or cars. But with the mention of custom scenery support, it may also be possible for a "power player" to maybe model up some? Am I getting warmer, Mattlab?

Dyoni
02-07-2015, 11:26 PM
I remember playing RCT 2 a long time ago, and then I remember RCT 3, such a revolution to the series. I used to play it all day long. Unfortunately, I was expecting better graphics for this new game. Just look at top game releases nowadays, they look great and realistic. I also know about the performance vs quality thing. And to make the game playable to everybody, you are sacrificing polygons and effects. Actually, the series has a cartooned style (I prefer realistic myself).

The new roller coaster builder sounds very promising to me, even though there are only 3 different types of track, I can see a lot of possibilities with the cars. Maybe some new track categories could be added later to fit bobsleigh, for example, as pointed in some comments. I just hope the node system turns out well polished so we are capable of building interesting coasters with different forces and speeds and great harmony.

For you RCT lovers out there, don't make expectations high so you avoid disappointment :/. This game is being created to make money and it's impossible to be make everyone happy. Developers try their best to make it as good as it can be at the given time. There ain't many amusement park games out there. I see a lot of potential on this type of game and there are many things you could develop and detail inside this universe. You can focus on the financial management, the rides and animations, the coasters design, the peeps' satisfaction, the environment, the graphics, it's really hard to develop it as we dream. I hope to see it someday though.

I am looking forward to see a lot of things about RCTW coming out at GDC.

I would really appreciate detailed information about peeps' artificial intelligence on the next post.

Keep up the good work guys! Make justice to this franchise which many love. :)

Xenocorpse
02-07-2015, 11:48 PM
Kinda building off of the last post...

Is Atari going to even be at GDC? I would expect so! Maybe some gameplay footage?

VactuGAMER
02-08-2015, 01:18 AM
you guys are too focused on rollercoasters when waterrides were also the highlight of the game rct3 ... There was one problem with the lifegaurds . they did absolutely nothing but sit there and blow their whistles . and also when Everyone would leave at the same time then come bk in 2 mins later .. it made no sense . let the peeps have atleast some common sense in their digital brains pleasee

RCTW1
02-08-2015, 02:05 AM
you guys are too focused on rollercoasters when waterrides were also the highlight of the game rct3 ... There was one problem with the lifegaurds . they did absolutely nothing but sit there and blow their whistles . and also when Everyone would leave at the same time then come bk in 2 mins later .. it made no sense . let the peeps have atleast some common sense in their digital brains pleasee

I agree. Both the staff and visitors need better AI.

Jdub97
02-08-2015, 03:10 AM
You guys need to stop saying the graphics look just like RCT3. They clearly don't. It's something called an art style, which in this game is kinda cartoony, explaining why the graphics look like an enhanced version of Thrillville. Stop complaining about it so much, it's pretty OBVIOUS that it's not supposed to look as realistic as Call of Duty!

Anyway, it looks great. The wooden supports look 2-D to me though. I'm hoping it only seems like that or that they are not completely finished all the way.

Frank
02-08-2015, 06:52 AM
WOW first i thought that the graphics weren't great, but WOW. I like the fences, the detailed ride, the monorail, EVERYTHING,

Wezzor
02-08-2015, 08:21 AM
^^ This
I couldn't agree more.

SPRidley
02-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Wow, now this is a good blog, answering questions that need to be answer.

I like some of the things im hearing, and others, while not really hating them, im a little bit concerned. I will have to see more about only 3 types of tracks and then building from there (if you can do at the end, every type of coaster like in the old ones and the real world, and not some type of mismash that sounds like Theme Park World, I will not have a problem with it).
A huge concern is also the only 4 themings, you are emphasicing this aspect, and if it cuts, in ANY form, how the parks are going to look finally, then it will be a bad decission.

Custom scenery, good to know there SEEMS so be some type of way of building your own building instead of placing your theming (but still concerned with the word SEEMS), but its also good to know that you seem are going to implement custom scenery in the future with the workshop. Not in the release, something that tells me the game is having a too fast development to get it out probably this year, ut at least is planned as a free update, somethign im thankful for.

If you continue giving this info, I will be there day one if the product seems good enough at the end.

Oh yeah, my next question is how water rides will function. And im not even asking if they are in, becuase i relly hope they are.

SparkyUK
02-08-2015, 10:16 AM
supports are absolutely unacceptable:(

You can see the whole entire supports, assets, and graphics from that single post? You sir, are a tool.
They're likely releasing very very specific screenshots so that they've got some surprises along the way - giving us everything isn't what Marketing bods like to do. It's building suspense.

All people on here do, is moan and complain about stuff. Have you played RCT3 lately? That looks very primitive to me now.

Thanks Mattlab, that was a better blog and has really made me exicited for the latest installment. I can't wait to see more about this game, and by your words alone, it sounds like it's fairly well through the development process already. Perhaps there is a possibility of an early to mid 2015 launch after all :)

To those who are calling the game incomplete, unacceptable etc, how about you just stop with the moaning and lets see what happens. This game already looks tons better than RCT3 we have today. If you can't see that for yourselves, there's something wrong with you.

SparkyUK
02-08-2015, 10:22 AM
You guys need to stop saying the graphics look just like RCT3. They clearly don't. It's something called an art style, which in this game is kinda cartoony, explaining why the graphics look like an enhanced version of Thrillville. Stop complaining about it so much, it's pretty OBVIOUS that it's not supposed to look as realistic as Call of Duty!

Anyway, it looks great. The wooden supports look 2-D to me though. I'm hoping it only seems like that or that they are not completely finished all the way.

Well said.
Too many people complaining about a game that isn't released yet. Do you think they're going to listen to a few odd moaners and think, yeah you're right, we need to overhaul the complete graphics engine. Let's start all over again.

The more graphics detail, the more the CPU/RAM requirements there are to run it. The higher these are the less the game appeals to people. The less the game appeals to people, the lower the sales. Which then kills the franchise earlier. It's not rocket science....

I know people that didn't bother with RCT3. They loved it, but they couldn't justify upgrading their PC's to run it, and so missed out completely. Yes that version was badly written, but what I don't get is everyone jumping on Mattlab and Area52 saying it looks rubbish and the AI should be better, and the supports look crap etc..

Give it a friggin' chance. It's clearly better from just the few screenshots shown.

SparkyUK
02-08-2015, 10:27 AM
As mentioned it's obviously the weekend so there won't be answers today or tomorrow.

But to me the 3 coaster type thing is very very concerning unless suggested there are multiple sub types which change the track style completely. But if that's correct wouldn't it have made more sense to state that. They wouldn't even have to give away a number of types. Just that they exist.

While I'm not fussed about a step up in Graphics since the more PC's the game runs on the better, If there are only three types of coaster that is a massive step backwards.

The original game had 14 at release and 25 once Loopy Landscapes was released (This is excluding different car types that's actual track styles). The second one had well over 50 (although half of those were basically duplicates) Even the original Theme Park from 1994 had two types.

Now I understand the car types thing will increase the number in a way. But this is a lazy and inaccurate way of doing things if the track stays the same.

It's a shame because I was trying my best to remain excited for this game after the travesty that was RCT4M. But its slipping away.

Mattlab said: "We have three main track types: Steel, Wooden, and Hanging."

Where does that imply there are only three types of coaster? He clearly said track type, on which you can have a ton of different configurations sat on said track.

intoxination
02-08-2015, 10:39 AM

Where does that imply there are only three types of coaster? He clearly said track type, on which you can have a ton of different configurations sat on said track.

You mean we won't have adamantium as a track type? *sigh* There goes my Wolverine coaster :(

SparkyUK
02-08-2015, 10:56 AM
You mean we won't have adamantium as a track type? *sigh* There goes my Wolverine coaster :(

Maybe that'll come in an expansion pack :D ;)

Coasterdude
02-08-2015, 11:14 AM
When are you going to release it???

Wabigbear
02-08-2015, 11:23 AM
I think there's also too many people who jump in to call comments and opinions 'whining', 'complaining' or 'moaning'. The opinions of others are just as valid as yours, so the name calling and put-downs are uncalled for.

You don't have to agree with them, I certainly don't on many points, but you can disagree all you want - as you should - nicely, without the put downs.

This is starting to sound just like the forums when rct3 was about to come out, where a number of members were getting pretty nasty towards anyone who dared have a different opinion or voice a concern. I'd hate to see that happen again...

SparkyUK
02-08-2015, 11:37 AM
I think there's also too many people who jump in to call comments and opinions 'whining', 'complaining' or 'moaning'. The opinions of others are just as valid as yours, so the name calling and put-downs are uncalled for.

You don't have to agree with them, I certainly don't on many points, but you can disagree all you want - as you should - nicely, without the put downs.

This is starting to sound just like the forums when rct3 was about to come out, where a number of members were getting pretty nasty towards anyone who dared have a different opinion or voice a concern. I'd hate to see that happen again...

Some of the comments aren't opinions.

SparkyUK
02-08-2015, 11:56 AM
What about water rides?

I wonder if these will follow in the free update Mattlab mentioned? Or perhaps this will form part of a water expansion. Or maybe as he was talking coasters that they'll cover water rides later. Who knows :)

They'll not leave out water rides though. No park is complete without a water ride :)

koekeritis
02-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Everyone is talking about them different track types. In one of the first lines mattlab clearly says this:
"RCTW is jam-packed with new coasters to build!"

Also about the graphics (a lot of people said this already):
1) Enough people need to be able to run yhis game
2) The game is not trying to look like the next call of duty
3) It still is a BIG diference from RCT3 and mattlab said in one of his reply's that they are still working on the graphics.

Great post! Excited for the game!

Mr Moriarty
02-08-2015, 12:16 PM

Sigh I thought I made myself clear but apparently not. He said there are 3 track types where you can have different cars. RCT 1 had 25 track types each with individual car types or multiple car types.

A different car on the same track type isn't a different coaster type its just a lazy way of saying there are more coaster types.

There was a reason there were different track types in the first games. Each one had different limits based on real world rides. For example there weren't loops on bobsleds and you couldn't build super tall junior coasters. If there are only 3 track types then that will be gone.

Now you could interpret what Mattlab said to mean the track type changes depended on the car type. So if you select a bobsled car then the track switches to bobsled track. But that's not clear and it seems counter intuitive.
If I'm wrong I'll hold up my hands but i remain skeptical for now..

Xenocorpse
02-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Sigh I thought I made myself clear but apparently not. He said there are 3 track types where you can have different cars. RCT 1 had 25 track types each with individual car types or multiple car types.

A different car on the same track type isn't a different coaster type its just a lazy way of saying there are more coaster types.

There was a reason there were different track types in the first games. Each one had different limits based on real world rides. For example there weren't loops on bobsleds and you couldn't build super tall junior coasters. If there are only 3 track types then that will be gone.

Now you could interpret what Mattlab said to mean the track type changes depended on the car type. So if you select a bobsled car then the track switches to bobsled track. But that's not clear and it seems counter intuitive.
If I'm wrong I'll hold up my hands but i remain skeptical for now..

I believe that Mattlab meant that there are three types of MATERIAL for coaster track. Hanging simply implies all coaster types that have inverted tracks with hanging cars. Pretty simple.

Steel coasters encompass several types of track. Think about it. Looping coaster and giga coaster. Very different in track look, but they are both steel coasters. Most coasters are. The "Steel" category should encompass all coasters that are made from steel.

And then wooden is pretty self explainatory.

mb1.0.2
02-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Everyone is talking about them different track types. In one of the first lines mattlab clearly says this:

3) It still is a BIG diference from RCT3 and mattlab said in one of his reply's that they are still working on the graphics.

http://i.imgur.com/dIV20Tp.jpg
Oh, really? Big difference from RCT3? Actually, I prefer the RCT3 one! It has an interior!
*image made by Belotto33, one of the great RCT3 designers/builders.

Sam223
02-08-2015, 01:50 PM
I believe that Mattlab meant that there are three types of MATERIAL for coaster track. Hanging simply implies all coaster types that have inverted tracks with hanging cars. Pretty simple.

Steel coasters encompass several types of track. Think about it. Looping coaster and giga coaster. Very different in track look, but they are both steel coasters. Most coasters are. The "Steel" category should encompass all coasters that are made from steel.

And then wooden is pretty self explainatory.
Construction material does not define ride type.Train and track type do. Thats what people are getting at with this
We have three main track types: Steel, Wooden, and Hanging. These are your raw materials rather than entire coasters like in the previous games

e.g

http://cache.rcdb.com/l4j1000895m06740022b5o.jpghttp://cache.rcdb.com/a1cdhu0011d2g00004nu1p.jpg

The only similarity is that they both use a wooden support structure.

king_austin95
02-08-2015, 02:04 PM

its STUPID that you can't pick the specific coaster type BEFORE you start building. its also STUPID that the car you choose AFTER you're done building decides what kind of coaster type it is. They should've kept it the way its ALWAYS been and have you pick the specific coaster type FIRST, THEN build it, THEN pick a car type for THAT coaster. they f***ed it up.
and now everyone is going to have to get used to doing it this way. ALSO i don't think log flumes. bobsleigh coasters or dingy coasters fit into ANY of the three categories. and i WANT those coaster types. UGH!! :/

Liam.
02-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Oh, really? Big difference from RCT3? Actually, I prefer the RCT3 one! It has an interior!

EVERYONE LISTEN UP,

this right here is important. This shows exactly how poor the graphic's we're set to be receiving are.

0BobTheJanitor
02-08-2015, 02:23 PM
Water rides are not roller coasters. In the original games they had their own category.

koekeritis
02-08-2015, 02:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dIV20Tp.jpg

But THAT is not a model made by frontier for the origanal game. You need to compare REAL RCT3 and RCTW graphics. Also I think the RCTW one looks better it might not have an interior but it looks more RCTish and just better quality. The Difference may not be to great between RCT3 and RCTW, but as you stated in one of your earlier posts, they need to find a good balance between performance and graphics.

Underdog104
02-08-2015, 02:41 PM
In Arnold Schwarzenegger voice: STOP WHINING!!!

king_austin95
02-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Water rides are not roller coasters. In the original games they had their own category.

yes, but in rct3 log flumes and dingy slides were under coasters, not water rides

amillionpictures
02-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Mattlab, concerning custom scenery,.. at the very least, PLEASE give us re-sizable blank walls we can import our own textures on.

snake5769
02-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Using this new 3D Coaster Design Tool with it's node based system, will we be able to have better design of the station area? A lot of real roller coasters have a curved station and have a downhill slope to them for a better launch. I, along with many other long life dedicated RCT players, would love to see this ability incorporated into the system. It would also be nice to have the ability to do a split-station design to have an offload area separate from the boarding station.

Paul_Boland
02-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Mattlab, concerning custom scenery,.. at the very least, PLEASE give us re-sizable blank walls we can import our own textures on.

Graphic cards in computers are picky about the format textures have to be saved as for applying in a game engine and they work with a format extension DDS. Photoshop and other high end graphic packages save DDS files but the majority of packages on the average persons home computer don't. Unless RCTW implement a converter to convert JPG and other common formats to DDS, then this would be time spent implementing a feature that the average game player of RCTW won't use and that's time that could be spent on better aspects of the game.

coaster6
02-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Please read the bottom, I'm a little TO'd that someone has the audacity to insult me and told me I have something wrong with me:)

Quote from someone who decided to insult me:) (You can see the whole entire supports, assets, and graphics from that single post? You sir, are a tool.
They're likely releasing very very specific screenshots so that they've got some surprises along the way - giving us everything isn't what Marketing bods like to do. It's building suspense.

All people on here do, is moan and complain about stuff. Have you played RCT3 lately? That looks very primitive to me now.

Thanks Mattlab, that was a better blog and has really made me exicited for the latest installment. I can't wait to see more about this game, and by your words alone, it sounds like it's fairly well through the development process already. Perhaps there is a possibility of an early to mid 2015 launch after all

To those who are calling the game incomplete, unacceptable etc, how about you just stop with the moaning and lets see what happens. This game already looks tons better than RCT3 we have today. If you can't see that for yourselves, there's something wrong with you.) En of quote from someone who insulted me and said there was something wrong with me:)

Ok well how about you stop being a little baby and look at the context. Before you insult me, I've been around me this game my whole life. I kinda expect a little better than something that looks 2D and is just a cross section of supports. I've been posting on these forums for a while now and I simpy saw this late at night on my phone and deemed it unacceptable. Thanks for ruining my day buddy!

Now while I am kidding about most of this, seriously. An avid RCT player would realize the we really shoutnt accept this. I recognize about 4 people from the forums who have been here for a WHILE who are agreeing with me. Thanks for reading!

Aqua-Chan
02-08-2015, 04:49 PM
I FIND IT VERY FUNNY HOW MY WIFI GOES OUT THE DAY A BLOG POST GETS RELEASED!
Everything looks amazing. I just can't get over how the shadows look. Like I swear I spent 10 minuts just look at the shadows. Then I noticed that little stall to the right of the picture. What is that? Also I have one important question. Can we turn off ticket booths for rides? I have another question. Will we have more color options? One more. Will peeps actually use ATMS? Ok I thought of one more. Can we import rides from no limits or no limits 2. Or even previous rct games. Thanks.

SparkyUK
02-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Please read the bottom, I'm a little TO'd that someone has the audacity to insult me and told me I have something wrong with me:)

Quote from someone who decided to insult me:) (You can see the whole entire supports, assets, and graphics from that single post? You sir, are a tool.

Thanks Mattlab, that was a better blog and has really made me exicited for the latest installment. I can't wait to see more about this game, and by your words alone, it sounds like it's fairly well through the development process already. Perhaps there is a possibility of an early to mid 2015 launch after all

To those who are calling the game incomplete, unacceptable etc, how about you just stop with the moaning and lets see what happens. This game already looks tons better than RCT3 we have today. If you can't see that for yourselves, there's something wrong with you.) En of quote from someone who insulted me and said there was something wrong with me:)

Ok well how about you stop being a little baby and look at the context. Before you insult me, I've been around me this game my whole life.

So have a lot of people. Most people here will have been playing RCT1.

I guess as a software developer, I see people shouting demands and shouting things aren't acceptable blah blah blah. It gets kinda tiring to read people slating software that isn't even out yet. It doesn't make for a great forum when people are like that. We know very little of this game, so how can people complain about what hasn't been mentioned or shown?

It's probably one of few franchises that has a loyal following, but it's not really giving the game developers a lot of support or respect, is it?

SparkyUK
02-08-2015, 05:11 PM
But THAT is not a model made by frontier for the origanal game. You need to compare REAL RCT3 and RCTW graphics. Also I think the RCTW one looks better it might not have an interior but it looks more RCTish and just better quality. The Difference may not be to great between RCT3 and RCTW, but as you stated in one of your earlier posts, they need to find a good balance between performance and graphics.

I prefer the one on the left. We can't see inside admittedly, but could this not just be the camera angle? There's more detail in the new one.

koekeritis
02-08-2015, 05:20 PM
its STUPID that you can't pick the specific coaster type BEFORE you start building. its also STUPID that the car you choose AFTER you're done building decides what kind of coaster type it is. They should've kept it the way its ALWAYS been and have you pick the specific coaster type FIRST, THEN build it, THEN pick a car type for THAT coaster. they f***ed it up.
and now everyone is going to have to get used to doing it this way. ALSO i don't think log flumes. bobsleigh coasters or dingy coasters fit into ANY of the three categories. and i WANT those coaster types. UGH!! :/

How do you know you pick the coaster type after building and not before? They did not say that.

Sam223
02-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Graphic cards in computers are picky about the format textures have to be saved as for applying in a game engine and they work with a format extension DDS. Photoshop and other high end graphic packages save DDS files but the majority of packages on the average persons home computer don't. Unless RCTW implement a converter to convert JPG and other common formats to DDS, then this would be time spent implementing a feature that the average game player of RCTW won't use and that's time that could be spent on better aspects of the game.
There are free tools for converting .jpg,.png,.bmp and other common formats to .dds and back again, without the need of any other programs.
Just google .jpg to .dds etc

coaster6
02-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Yeah I agree. It's just hard to comprehend, besides computers limitations, that they ant make supports that are being done by indie games, Theme Park Studio and Parkitect.

king_austin95
02-08-2015, 05:34 PM
How do you know you pick the coaster type after building and not before? They did not say that.

i was just assuming and wasn't thinking that they could have it to where you pick the car before you build it, which would be logical for them to do. i'm just really on edge because i'm tired of waiting and i want the game to be good

darkhorizon
02-08-2015, 06:39 PM

With all respect I don't think you understand what DDS textures are. They are images compressed with Microsoft's proprietary image compression algorithm. It doesn't matter what format the image is, in the end it just gets sent to the GPU pixel-by-pixel to be consumed by whatever shader/fixed pipeline is being used. Some GPUs are optimized to use these directly but not always. Game engines may be coded in such a way that they only support DDS format (like the RCT3 engine), but it's by no means the format required by GPUs themselves.

DDS textures were useful back in the day when everyone had like 3gb of RAM and a dual-core 2.1ghz processor with integrated graphics, and compressing texture data was important to save memory. People these days generally have a better computer.

EmSay
02-08-2015, 06:50 PM

I guess as a software developer, I see people shouting demands and shouting things aren't acceptable blah blah blah. It gets kinda tiring to read people slating software that isn't even out yet. It doesn't make for a great forum when people are like that. We know very little of this game, so how can people complain about what hasn't been mentioned or shown?

It's probably one of few franchises that has a loyal following, but it's not really giving the game developers a lot of support or respect, is it?

Amen Brother...=)

dwwilkin
02-08-2015, 08:30 PM
I know that there are many who care for realistic supports and in the Ideas and Requests section we see many ask for it.

IMO they are not all that important. I though am not a realism person. My only desire for supports is that they be out of the way when you test in Coastercam first person. Too many times the auto placement in RCT 3 allowed for your head to run through a support. Ouch.

I know others care, but if comes to tradeoff of new rides for us to plop, or place, (and Mattlab, I am concerned a little about water coasters, like the log flume, a coaster like a bobsleigh) then i would rather have rides, stalls, scenery, instead of supports. Though I will say, the lift hill needs that stairway that near all have next to them.

James
02-08-2015, 09:16 PM
A more detailed dev blog this time Matt, thank you for that. Details are just a tad vague, and although there is only one screenshot, it looks really promising. Looking forward to see some footage that has been captured. Getting rather excited now, can't wait for the next blog.

a-can-o-beans
02-08-2015, 09:51 PM

you should really calm down. give your opinion but dont bash others for having an opinion...

Knobs
02-09-2015, 06:44 AM
Guys,

You shouldn't flame that much as we are doing right now...
We all understand that this game development is for most of us a very sensitive subject,since we've been there since rct 1.
A fanbase is needed to give constructive support to the people at Atari during the development of the game.

But we are breaking our own windows by saying you've lost hope in the new installment. It's still in the making. Give them some slack.
IMO, the reason that we are getting not too much information about the developments is that they probably don't have a full game yet ...
They are probably still creating and scripting the majority of everything and can't really tell what's going to be final. eg the gfx engine is still updated as we speak.

Just make sure you add your views and wishlist in a constructive way so they can pick it up and implement it in the game.
It's hard finding decent post between the constant flame and deconstructive attitude.
Wich will lead to ignoring most questions.

We all want the best game and that should be totally understood, but creating a game like rct is a HUGE task, a REALLY HUGE task.
Can't make everyone happy, and with the release date set to early 2015, we all feel that is a bit too narrow.
But that does not mean that ( like mattlab said ) FREE DlC will come up.
Rct 3 needed 5 years to be what it is today,due the contribution of the fanbase and custom artwork.

We'll get there. As long as they make it pretty convenient to add custom assets it will grow out to be the game we all want. Rome wasn't build in one day either. Believe and give constructive information.
That way, we keep the forums a happy place and keep the spirit high.
It's the only possibility to keep being involved in the development of the game.

All the best and happy building in the near future ;)

warly
02-09-2015, 09:59 AM
I agree with Knobs. We should also not forget how the blog continues about coasters:

These cars add a tremendous amount of variety to the coaster system, giving you the freedom to build the coaster that looks the way you want! The number of combinations are enormous and will ensure that everyone’s park looks unique!

A coaster doesn't change it's look just by changing the car. He clearly says that the whole coaster will change its appearance depending on the selected car. How the different restrictions are to be applied and whether certain cars become unavailable during building when placing special elements is to be seen.

I more clear statement regarding log flumes, bobsleigh and stuff would be nice though :)

RCTW1
02-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Guys,

You shouldn't flame that much as we are doing right now...
We all understand that this game development is for most of us a very sensitive subject,since we've been there since rct 1.
A fanbase is needed to give constructive support to the people at Atari during the development of the game.

But we are breaking our own windows by saying you've lost hope in the new installment. It's still in the making. Give them some slack.
IMO, the reason that we are getting not too much information about the developments is that they probably don't have a full game yet ...
They are probably still creating and scripting the majority of everything and can't really tell what's going to be final. eg the gfx engine is still updated as we speak.

Just make sure you add your views and wishlist in a constructive way so they can pick it up and implement it in the game.
It's hard finding decent post between the constant flame and deconstructive attitude.
Wich will lead to ignoring most questions.

We all want the best game and that should be totally understood, but creating a game like rct is a HUGE task, a REALLY HUGE task.
Can't make everyone happy, and with the release date set to early 2015, we all feel that is a bit too narrow.
But that does not mean that ( like mattlab said ) FREE DlC will come up.
Rct 3 needed 5 years to be what it is today,due the contribution of the fanbase and custom artwork.

We'll get there. As long as they make it pretty convenient to add custom assets it will grow out to be the game we all want. Rome wasn't build in one day either. Believe and give constructive information.
That way, we keep the forums a happy place and keep the spirit high.
It's the only possibility to keep being involved in the development of the game.

All the best and happy building in the near future ;)

Thank you! :)

CaseyCBeard
02-09-2015, 02:31 PM
that's stupid though. they should have kept it the way its always been, where you choose the COASTER TYPE first, then you build it, then select the car.

I actually like this idea of picking steel, wooden, or (whatever the other was) and then choosing the coaster car. Either way, we get the same result I think.

Great update Mattlab! Thank you for sharing. This post was more informative than the last two. Looking forward to the next one.

The Stig
02-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Note that before locking down this feature, we will share it with the community so you can provide feedback and make it even better! It is, in our opinion, one of the most difficult yet important things to get right in the game, and we want your feedback on it once it’s ready to be shared.

Everyone is bitching about scenery and I'm just sitting here waiting to test the new coaster editor.

Hanazakari86
02-09-2015, 03:36 PM

Do you think the game will work perfectly for a laptop with nividia geforce gtx 850m and core i7

garretslarrity
02-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Do you think the game will work perfectly for a laptop with nividia geforce gtx 850m and core i7

Probably. How much RAM do you have?

Hanazakari86
02-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Probably. How much RAM do you have?
As far as I remember 16 gb ram
But of course part of it is used for system programs

garretslarrity
02-09-2015, 04:43 PM
As far as I remember 16 gb ram
But of course part of it is used for system programs

You should have no trouble running this game. As others have said, and Mattlab has confirmed, you want to have a lot of memory for this game because so much is going on. You have plenty.

Sam223
02-09-2015, 04:55 PM
You guys should note that unless they are working on a 64 bit version,the game cannot use more than 4gb of ram. Regardless of whether you have 4,8,12,16 or more installed. The problem most people will face will be whether their CPU and/or GPU can handle it.

garretslarrity
02-09-2015, 05:22 PM
You guys should note that unless they are working on a 64 bit version,the game cannot use more than 4gb of ram. Regardless of whether you have 4,8,12,16 or more installed. The problem most people will face will be whether their CPU and/or GPU can handle it.

It's 2015. Do you really think they could possibly not make a 64 bit version?

rhcoaster
02-09-2015, 05:36 PM
It's 2015. Do you really think they could possibly not make a 64 bit version?

The previous company that was working on this game said they were making a 64 bit version.

Aqua-Chan
02-09-2015, 06:07 PM
Shouldn't we have free moving objects or objects that don't follow the grid system? What if we want to put an object on a roller coaster and it doesn't line up correctly or the way we want it? I mean the roller coaster doesn't follow the grid system why should objects?

Sam223
02-09-2015, 06:35 PM
The previous company that was working on this game said they were making a 64 bit version.
Cheers,news to me. Hopefully they are still developing a 64bit version,would make sense to.

magicart87
02-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Question to Admin:

Will the level of detail (polygon count) increase or decrease based on varying factors e.g. depth of field or computer's CPU power, etc... or will the ingame assets be fixed in an unvarying polygon-count? Will game detail differ based on an individual's computer specs? How will lag be addressed with this release?

garretslarrity
02-09-2015, 07:36 PM

I thought they did.

joeybolufe
02-09-2015, 11:52 PM
Ive never posted on these forums before but I read all the major posts. I made an account just to respond to this because I feel like i'm going to be disappointed with this game. Is there seriously going to be only 3 track types? I understand that there will be different cars but this is a little ridiculous. I don't want a giga coaster car on like a corkscrew track, that will just look dumb.

And also we could change the colors on the whole coaster but not individual parts of it? Like come on guys you're supposed to be adding to the franchise not chipping away at what made this franchise so great.

And i keep hearing about a grid based system for park elements. If I cant place diagonal paths in 2015....... like seriously what are you guys even doing. This game is looking more and more like an expansion to RCT3.

koekeritis
02-10-2015, 02:00 AM
Ive never posted on these forums before but I read all the major posts. I made an account just to respond to this because I feel like i'm going to be disappointed with this game. Is there seriously going to be only 3 track types? I understand that there will be different cars but this is a little ridiculous. I don't want a giga coaster car on like a corkscrew track, that will just look dumb.

And also we could change the colors on the whole coaster but not individual parts of it? Like come on guys you're supposed to be adding to the franchise not chipping away at what made this franchise so great.

And i keep hearing about a grid based system for park elements. If I cant place diagonal paths in 2015....... like seriously what are you guys even doing. This game is looking more and more like an expansion to RCT3.

Mattlab clearly says in the post:
"RCTW is jam packed with new coasters to build. There are 3 MAIN coaster types: steel, wooden, hanging."
And nowhere has been said that you could only colour the whole coaster and not bits.

But, I kinda have to agree on the grid based system. Altough that is one of the things the RCT series is known for.

warly
02-10-2015, 05:27 AM
And nowhere has been said that you could only colour the whole coaster and not bits.

Yes he does:

Will tracks and coaster cars have the ability to have their colors changed?
Yes, however, at launch it will be the entire track or the entire car rather than individual pieces.

koekeritis
02-10-2015, 05:49 AM
Yes he does:

Oh, yeah I forgot that.
But it is "at launch" I don't know if they mean beta test launch or official launch, anyway it does imply that you will be able to colour different parts later on.

deanr201
02-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I notice that in the screen shot the hill on the coaster is "wobbly".
As can bee seen when you look at how it deviates from the straight line I have drawn
http://i.imgur.com/JT4Iw7m.jpg

this gives me some worries about the editor; while RCT has never been about 100% realism how ever I also hope that the free form editor doesn't just mean we end up with wavy coasters all the time, the transitions in RCT games have not be the smoothest due to the modular piece by piece so the free form is a welcome addition

how ever I have bought most of the rollercoaster simulations and themepark type games/sandboxes over the years from various publishers.

So I am happy with a cad/cam interface as well as a 3d free form. But having seen the results of some other games/programs out there at the moment (not naming any) I worry that it may loose some of the RCT charm.

AUS_Twisted
02-10-2015, 09:15 AM
The coaster editor will have track pieces like RCT3 also (which I believe can be modified once placed) so should be no problem.

deanr201
02-10-2015, 09:47 AM
The coaster editor will have track pieces like RCT3 also (which I believe can be modified once placed) so should be no problem.

The issues I was high lighting would be if that hand built then hopefully there is something to make it so you can smooth or straighten the hand built parts.

coaster6
02-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I notice that in the screen shot the hill on the coaster is "wobbly".
As can bee seen when you look at how it deviates from the straight line I have drawn

this gives me some worries about the editor; while RCT has never been about 100% realism how ever I also hope that the free form editor doesn't just mean we end up with wavy coasters all the time, the transitions in RCT games have not be the smoothest due to the modular piece by piece so the free form is a welcome addition

how ever I have bought most of the rollercoaster simulations and themepark type games/sandboxes over the years from various publishers.

So I am happy with a cad/cam interface as well as a 3d free form. But having seen the results of some other games/programs out there at the moment (not naming any) I worry that it may loose some of the RCT charm.

It has. Mattlab admitted that be had been playing around with it. Basically, you're going to build the track pieces wherever you want with the normal editor and after that you can edit the nodes. At least that's what I think will happen; as I hope so!

king_austin95
02-10-2015, 11:43 AM

mattlab said that it's wobbly looking because he put a drop within a drop because he was playing around. and he also stated that you will be able to make straight tracks. so there's nothing to worry about

Knobs
02-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Anyone in for some waterbased rides ?
I'm hoping so hard it will be possible. Loved the water / pool ability in RCT3.

Create huge moutains, with 10 slides going trough tunnels into the mountain all the way down.... AWESOME.

EmSay
02-10-2015, 03:31 PM
If the Mountain right behind the coaster was made with the ingame terrain editor...So ...It Rocks....

zzguy
02-10-2015, 04:06 PM

That would be absolutely amazing or horrible. Depending on whether or not that's the only way to get custom scenery and what kinds of things are allowed on there.

deanr201
02-10-2015, 04:19 PM
mattlab said that it's wobbly looking because he put a drop within a drop because he was playing around. and he also stated that you will be able to make straight tracks. so there's nothing to worry about

Ah fair enough.

Hoping that RCTW does take everything we love about the series and adds in the things its been missing

zzguy
02-10-2015, 04:21 PM

If Atari really went bankrupt, rct4m was to generate funds for this.

CaseyCBeard
02-10-2015, 05:35 PM
I hope there are splash boat and log ride type of rides in this new version. Those were some of my favorites to build next to the wooden coaster.

king_austin95
02-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Anyone in for some waterbased rides ?
I'm hoping so hard it will be possible. Loved the water / pool ability in RCT3.

Create huge moutains, with 10 slides going trough tunnels into the mountain all the way down.... AWESOME.

that sounds awesome. if we got slides they'd be expansion/dlc though probably

king_austin95
02-10-2015, 06:01 PM
I hope there are splash boat and log ride type of rides in this new version. Those were some of my favorites to build next to the wooden coaster.

i hope so too

0BobTheJanitor
02-10-2015, 06:34 PM
If Atari really went bankrupt, rct4m was to generate funds for this.

RCT4 was just a cashgrab. It has nothing to do with RCTW.

Xenocorpse
02-10-2015, 10:53 PM
If the Mountain right behind the coaster was made with the ingame terrain editor...So ...It Rocks....

HAH! Pun...

Kippy
02-10-2015, 11:20 PM
That would be absolutely amazing or horrible. Depending on whether or not that's the only way to get custom scenery and what kinds of things are allowed on there.

If you don't like subscribing to things on the workshop, you can just download steam workshop files here (http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/). So if you ask me, it'd just be absolutely amazing.

PrefoX
02-11-2015, 05:51 AM

perfectly? means full HD and always 60fps? never ever.

ExtraCheese
02-11-2015, 06:42 AM
perfectly? means full HD and always 60fps? never ever.

As long as we dont have any system requirements we know nothing. Based on the first screenshots the graphics aren't that 'next-gen'.

BernyMoon
02-11-2015, 07:42 AM
OMG I cannot wait to play it *o*

Wezzor
02-11-2015, 02:01 PM
OMG I cannot wait to play it *o*
You're not alone. ;)

Sawyer
02-11-2015, 06:35 PM
I've just read all 20 pages, I can't believe how much hate there is. Can we just step back and remember we're getting a brand new Rollercoaster Tycoon game? Something most of us have wanted for 10 years! I've played the series since the first one and loved every version (even the mobile version was good for a mobile game). People need to relax, these updates are awesome. For those saying it looks like 3 I can't believe how you can say that, RCT has a type of art to it, whereas if people want it to look like No Limits then why don't you play No Limits? I think it has great promise and I can't wait for the next update. Let's stop the negativity and be absolutely ecstatic that we're getting a brand new game!

Xenocorpse
02-11-2015, 07:34 PM
i've just read all 20 pages, i can't believe how much hate there is. Can we just step back and remember we're getting a brand new rollercoaster tycoon game? Something most of us have wanted for 10 years! I've played the series since the first one and loved every version (even the mobile version was good for a mobile game). People need to relax, these updates are awesome. For those saying it looks like 3 i can't believe how you can say that, rct has a type of art to it, whereas if people want it to look like no limits then why don't you play no limits? I think it has great promise and i can't wait for the next update. Let's stop the negativity and be absolutely ecstatic that we're getting a brand new game!

amen. A-friggen-men.

king_austin95
02-11-2015, 10:37 PM
amen. A-friggen-men.

sure. whatever

ExtraCheese
02-12-2015, 06:04 AM
I've just read all 20 pages, I can't believe how much hate there is. Can we just step back and remember we're getting a brand new Rollercoaster Tycoon game? Something most of us have wanted for 10 years! I've played the series since the first one and loved every version (even the mobile version was good for a mobile game). People need to relax, these updates are awesome. For those saying it looks like 3 I can't believe how you can say that, RCT has a type of art to it, whereas if people want it to look like No Limits then why don't you play No Limits? I think it has great promise and I can't wait for the next update. Let's stop the negativity and be absolutely ecstatic that we're getting a brand new game!

Well first of all, well said! Secondly, I am very happy we get a RCTW, but I really think a community should be and remain critical. We all want a good game of course. If the developer tells us about something / show us something, we got the fullest right to have thoughts about that information. We dont have to respond like a 12 year old justin bieber fan (I DONT CARE IF HE PISSES ON A GUY, JUSTIN BIEBER IS GOD). All I want to say is: Not everything Atari / Area 52 does is holy. For example; if a coaster looks bumpy we can comment on that.

Wabigbear
02-12-2015, 07:08 AM
I'm VERY happy that we're finally getting a new RCT game! And I'm hopeful that it's going to blow all previous versions away. I like a LOT of what I've seen so far, and I'm looking forward to the game myself.

But let's get one thing straight - Atari isn't doing this for us out of the goodness of their hearts. They are a business, wanting to sell us a product. Period. If someone wants to be ecstatic about that fact alone that is their right. However please don't demand that everyone else also be nothing but ecstatic and they shouldn't say anything negative, because unless you are going to pay for my game I and others have every right to state our opinions, be they praise or disappointment (and more often a bit of both...).

That's not 'hate' - a term that seems to be misused a lot these days. I don't think I've seen one single post that rises to the level of 'hate' - either for the game, the developers, or anyone else here. Concern, disappointment, critical, even some angry? Yes, but nothing even close to 'hate'.

Atari is a professional company, as such they are fully aware that they'll get good comments and bad, and that some comments may even be quite unfair. There's a wide variety of all those types posted here. But they're professionals, they deal with it, as they always have. That's what professionals do. They filter out the unreasonable demands and try to tailor their product to what the majority of their customers want. The last thing they should want is for a bunch of people insisting that no one say anything that hints at negativity. That doesn't help them, doesn't help their product, certainly doesn't help us as their customers.

If someone says something that you disagree with or think is unfair, then you should politely post why you disagree, giving your view. But telling everyone they aren't to be at all negative and that they should just be ecstatic isn't going to cut it.

I don't see those with concerns here telling all those who blindly say they want this game without knowing much of anything about it that they shouldn't be so 'ecstatic', do you? It's probably because while they don't necessarily agree they still acknowledge everyone's right to an opinion - right or wrong.

GoobyPls
02-12-2015, 10:54 AM
Hey Mattlab, will we get the next blog post on friday?? ;)
Also, you mentioned editing some video a week ago, when will we finally be able to see it?

Sawyer
02-12-2015, 12:04 PM
I agree, but it was not my intention to say that everyone should accept what we are given. I honestly feel that people are being extremely critical of what little we have seen so far, at the end of the day it's not going to be perfect, not everyone will be happy and it seems that a few people on here have already made up there mind in that matter but I just think it's crazy to judge something so negatively on around 5 screenshots. I'm all for hearing people's views but some seem I complain for the sake of complaining. It's like people moan about how it looks but imagine if it looked like a next gen FPS in visuals, to then have thousands of peeps walking around, rides, effects, and then all the statistics and management going on in the back ground it would destroy computers and a very small amount would be able to play. So yes, give your views and ideas but I just don't like to see people not giving the game a chance in the first place.

Wabigbear
02-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Much of what you posted is true, although I'd say Atari has posted so little information and shared so few screens while still trying to drum up interest in a game that will be out in the not-to-distant future, that people are going to comment on what information they've been given. It's not realistic to trickle out info and then not like it when people base opinions on that trickle of info. Many here who are almost giddy with anticipation have nothing but that exact same trickle to base their opinions on too.

I would just suggest that rather than people ragging on other people for ragging on Atari for something or other that they don't agree with, that instead they post what they DO LIKE. That takes it completely out of the realm of being seen as something personal against other members and instead makes it a positive comment to perhaps balance out the negative ones, if that makes sense?

Because it remains a fact that even if others view it as complaining or moaning, those who have a complaint wouldn't bother if they really didn't care about the game, many of whom are hard-core, long-time members of the RCT community.

You made a nice reply. I appreciate that.

Sawyer
02-12-2015, 04:34 PM
You're welcome, :)

On another note, any chance we could find out if we are getting a 'Generic' theme to add to the four? It would be nice to not be forced to work with themed sets all the time. Park recreations would be extremely difficult!

Hanazakari86
02-12-2015, 04:45 PM
I hope this game to be expanded non limited

king_austin95
02-12-2015, 11:24 PM
You're welcome, :)

On another note, any chance we could find out if we are getting a 'Generic' theme to add to the four? It would be nice to not be forced to work with themed sets all the time. Park recreations would be extremely difficult!

i think they're counting americana as generic. i'm not sure though

Sawyer
02-12-2015, 11:41 PM
That would be strange, I'm sure we will find out soon enough!

king_austin95
02-13-2015, 01:11 AM
That would be strange, I'm sure we will find out soon enough!

i'm sure too

ralphkings
02-13-2015, 01:17 AM
"While your coaster station, something we consider a park element, still needs to be placed at 90 degree angles" Please thats one of the things that I hate the most in the game, it makes the game less real, it should let position in the way that you want! You can put a check box to activate the 90 degrees option or the free form. 90 degrees positions for atractions and paths its horrible too.

koekeritis
02-13-2015, 05:07 AM
"While your coaster station, something we consider a park element, still needs to be placed at 90 degree angles" Please thats one of the things that I hate the most in the game, it makes the game less real, it should let position in the way that you want! You can put a check box to activate the 90 degrees option or the free form. 90 degrees positions for atractions and paths its horrible too.
You are not only one, but it's far too late now to change it. It is gonna take much more time than you might think.

And it is not that bad either. It is just is a litle tiny little bit disapointing. <= my opinion

ralphkings
02-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Its no little disapointing, its big desapointing for me, because this the thing that I hat more aboute the game, at leaste 45 degrees, 90 degrees its totally unreal, where you find a park with that directions? its a big looool! When I play the game its gonna happen the same that happend with the other 3! Im gonna get tired of the game again because it too must diferent from tha reality.

EmSay
02-13-2015, 01:17 PM
It's a Game after all...

joeybolufe
02-13-2015, 04:26 PM
Its no little disapointing, its big desapointing for me, because this the thing that I hat more aboute the game, at leaste 45 degrees, 90 degrees its totally unreal, where you find a park with that directions? its a big looool! When I play the game its gonna happen the same that happend with the other 3! Im gonna get tired of the game again because it too must diferent from tha reality.

I totally agree with this. Im one of the biggest RCT fans there is, but im not gonna let that get in the way of pointing out the flaws in this game. If we can't make paths or buildings at angles other than 90 degrees, its gonna be a little ridiculous. Ive played zoo tycoon games around 2007 that let you place diagonal paths. Why cant we have a RCT game in 2015 have diagonal paths.

mehi321
02-13-2015, 04:54 PM
I agree with everyones 'diagonal path' issues, and i would just like to mention that i dont expect the Dev team to go in and reprogram every placeable object to have angles other than 90 degrees, but at least have diagonal paths so parks dont look like this: http://rctlounge.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=181&pictureid=904

joeybolufe
02-13-2015, 05:06 PM
I agree with everyones 'diagonal path' issues, and i would just like to mention that i dont expect the Dev team to go in and reprogram every placeable object to have angles other than 90 degrees, but at least have diagonal paths so parks dont look like this: http://rctlounge.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=181&pictureid=904

I'd honestly rather wait a year or however long it would take them, to make the game of RCT fan's dreams. It just seems like they're trying to rush out a game with stripped features.

Taizen
02-13-2015, 05:44 PM
Any updates on this fine Friday the 13th?

koekeritis
02-13-2015, 05:52 PM
I'd honestly rather wait a year or however long it would take them, to make the game of RCT fan's dreams. It just seems like they're trying to rush out a game with stripped features.
They are not gonna do that (The non 90° thing I mean) because they would need to redo almost the whole intire damn game! (Altough diaganol paths would be a nice feature that should not be to hard to implement(without diaganol obiects))
They don't need to rush it. They must do everything as good as they can. But honestly more degrees has noting to do with rushing. That was a design choice made at the very start of develoment.

Aqua-Chan
02-13-2015, 06:34 PM
Mattlab hasn't posted anything anywhere in a few days. Hmmmmm...?

tycoon
02-13-2015, 07:05 PM
Mattlab hasn't posted anything anywhere in a few days. Hmmmmm...?

have you read the forums in the last few days? i wouldn't either! lol

but yeah... mattlab better warm up your fingers and put on your writing cap, because we expect a production blog, within the next 2 hrs or so :)

Aqua-Chan
02-13-2015, 07:35 PM
have you read the forums in the last few days? i wouldn't either! lol

Actually I have scanned a few parts of this blog. And by some of the stuff I have seen, is kind of dumb and uncalled for. All the "arguing" is kind of entertaining but at the same time stupid.

coaster6
02-13-2015, 07:43 PM
I would love an update

tycoon
02-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Actually I have scanned a few parts of this blog. And by some of the stuff I have seen, is kind of dumb and uncalled for. All the "arguing" is kind of entertaining but at the same time stupid.

agreed with this, +1!

jackk
02-13-2015, 08:45 PM
Do we know if there is going to be a new blog today? Or are we just kind of hanging around hoping for one based on previous blog trends?

darkhorizon
02-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Mattlab hasn't been online for a couple of days. I hope we get a new blog today, but so far I'm leaning on "no".

Thompso
02-13-2015, 09:58 PM
I feel like Developers or Atari Mattlab should at least communicate with us one day each WEEK. Maybe the rereason there is no blog is because he is working an in game demo/video. *hopes*

PixelPlayer
02-13-2015, 10:38 PM
I feel like Developers or Atari Mattlab should at least communicate with us one day each WEEK. Maybe the rereason there is no blog is because he is working an in game demo/video. *hopes*

I thought the same.

Jackalope11
02-14-2015, 12:50 AM
...still slightly worried about the track situation, anyone...?

edit: Other question! What would the supports for steel coasters look like?

a-can-o-beans
02-14-2015, 01:04 AM
...still slightly worried about the track situation, anyone...?

edit: Other question! What would the supports for steel coasters look like?

yup.......

ExtraCheese
02-14-2015, 04:41 AM
Bummer, no post this week...

I do agree Thompso that we, at this stage of development (still release early 2015 right?), should hear once a week from our lovely devs about this game we cannot wait for :)

Wabigbear
02-14-2015, 06:27 AM
Well, to big fanfare we got a new RCT Community Admin for Atari to help handle all of the member's questions back on February 5th, he's made 9 posts since - 4 on his welcome thread, 2 on his Valentine's Contest thread.

So there must be 3 posts out there that could have something to do with member's questions or game information I guess.

CaptainJelle
02-14-2015, 09:51 AM
So there must be 3 posts out there that could have something to do with member's questions or game information I guess.

Yea custom support for RCTMobile. I think its costing them alot of their time and energie... I hope their is sufficient left for RCTW.

BernyMoon
02-14-2015, 11:03 AM
Release Blog Post #4 >.<

ExtraCheese
02-14-2015, 02:02 PM
Well, to big fanfare we got a new RCT Community Admin for Atari to help handle all of the member's questions back on February 5th, he's made 9 posts since - 4 on his welcome thread, 2 on his Valentine's Contest thread.

Yeah that new RCT community admin is a real addition to this community...

CoasterNazi666
02-14-2015, 02:03 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10955213_1557428057829621_7780272301701567338_n.jp g?oh=f63c6693a6eaaf4ca25e0577181f09bf&oe=55628D70&__gda__=1432026656_44c292110c1bdba7103a3646127ad63 1does anyone know if this has been confirmed yet?

rhcoaster
02-14-2015, 02:43 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10955213_1557428057829621_7780272301701567338_n.jp g?oh=f63c6693a6eaaf4ca25e0577181f09bf&oe=55628D70&__gda__=1432026656_44c292110c1bdba7103a3646127ad63 1does anyone know if this has been confirmed yet?

Your link is broken.

Marvin
02-14-2015, 04:09 PM
It's that screenshot that got leaked last week. Nothing official has been said about it.

Rocknroller
02-14-2015, 04:29 PM
after read these 24 pages, I can say that if this game don't see the daylight, it will because of all people that always complainig about something : do a game is really tough men, and we can be happy that they share this with us . Remember before : studios was making games without ask public or communities ... only a bunch of beta testers was used for make it better or fix missed gaming experiences issues.

I've played all RCTs and I can't wait for this one! hope we will have a blog 4 ! keep it up good work guys, 'cause if you don't make our game nobody else will make it ! Im so glad that you, Area 52 takes this hard work!

imo people in this forum should be more constructive, otherwise I would understand if Area 52 team is demotivated because of us with kind words I saw..

Bye

king_austin95
02-14-2015, 05:17 PM
after read these 24 pages, I can say that if this game don't see the daylight, it will because of all people that always complainig about something : do a game is really tough men, and we can be happy that they share this with us . Remember before : studios was making games without ask public or communities ... only a bunch of beta testers was used for make it better or fix missed gaming experiences issues.

I've played all RCTs and I can't wait for this one! hope we will have a blog 4 ! keep it up good work guys, 'cause if you don't make our game nobody else will make it ! Im so glad that you, Area 52 takes this hard work!

imo people in this forum should be more constructive, otherwise I would understand if Area 52 team is demotivated because of us with kind words I saw..

Bye

some of it isn't actually complaining, but CONCERN. we want this game to be good.

ExtraCheese
02-14-2015, 05:27 PM

Bye

Dont see it as complaints, see it as feedback. After all, we are the ones who buy the game and give our money to Atari. I want my money well spent.

Wabigbear
02-14-2015, 05:30 PM
after read these 24 pages, I can say that if this game don't see the daylight, it will because of all people that always complainig about something : do a game is really tough men, and we can be happy that they share this with us .

Sorry, but unless they are giving out copies free of charge, we'll be paying for this game, they aren't sharing it for free out of the goodness of their hearts. They get paid to do the 'tough stuff'. With that comes their customers comments - good, bad and sometimes unfair.

Area 52 is being paid to be motivated. Just as Atari will be paid to 'share' this game.

Perhaps people would be more 'constructive' if there was more of anything to be 'constructive' about?

Rocknroller
02-14-2015, 05:46 PM
Dont see it as complaints, see it as feedback. After all, we are the ones who buy the game and give our money to Atari. I want my money well spent.

Area 52 is being paid to be motivated. Just as Atari will be paid to 'share' this game.

Perhaps people would be more 'constructive' if there was more of anything to be 'constructive' about?

Agree with that, but beyond the fact that we will give our money, we are fans first, right?
it will sucks if they decide to stop this project:)

of course we want that this game be great and I hope it will. I didnt said that these 200 posts are bad but for me, most of them are complaints and unconstructive feedbacks!

and last you are right we don't have enough to eat in order to make a real idea :/

Wabigbear
02-14-2015, 06:51 PM
Agree with that, but beyond the fact that we will give our money, we are fans first, right?
it will sucks if they decide to stop this project:)

of course we want that this game be great and I hope it will. I didnt said that these 200 posts are bad but for me, most of them are complaints and unconstructive feedbacks!

and last you are right we don't have enough to eat in order to make a real idea :/

I actually don't disagree with most of what you said.

Where I would disagree is to dismiss negative comments as only being complaints or unconstructive feedback.

If something about the game (or what we don't know about the game) is important enough to someone to post here about it, then it's probably important enough for Area 52/Atari to be aware of, even if we - or more importantly - they, agree with the complaint or not.

Some comments ARE unfair, even in my opinion, but it's Atari that should be addressing them, not the rest of the members here. Atari gets paid for that through sales, so it's in Atari's interests to address them. And I am of the opinion that even unfair comments can be constructive if they are answered, because by doing so they correct the misinformation and help make Atari look better, which in turn strengthens the brand and sales. Ignoring does nothing except foster more negativity. I haven't seen anyone here who doesn't want the best game possible, like you and I do.

With a few exceptions most of the complaints and negative comments are because people ARE fans, many who've played RCT for years like we have. If they weren't they wouldn't bother. I just can't ever see Atari pulling the plug on a game because of a few posts on their forums. A large number of people who will purchase this game likely will never even visit this forum before purchase...or even after.

I think more information would help answer a lot of people's questions and concerns. I hope it's forthcoming soon.

Rocknroller
02-14-2015, 07:07 PM
I actually don't disagree with most of what you said.

Where I would disagree is to dismiss negative comments as only being complaints or unconstructive feedback.

If something about the game (or what we don't know about the game) is important enough to someone to post here about it, then it's probably important enough for Area 52/Atari to be aware of, even if we - or more importantly - they, agree with the complaint or not.

Some comments ARE unfair, even in my opinion, but it's Atari that should be addressing them, not the rest of the members here. Atari gets paid for that through sales, so it's in Atari's interests to address them. And I am of the opinion that even unfair comments can be constructive if they are answered, because by doing so they correct the misinformation and help make Atari look better, which in turn strengthens the brand and sales. Ignoring does nothing except foster more negativity. I haven't seen anyone here who doesn't want the best game possible, like you and I do.

With a few exceptions most of the complaints and negative comments are because people ARE fans, many who've played RCT for years like we have. If they weren't they wouldn't bother. I just can't ever see Atari pulling the plug on a game because of a few posts on their forums. A large number of people who will purchase this game likely will never even visit this forum before purchase...or even after.

I think more information would help answer a lot of people's questions and concerns. I hope it's forthcoming soon.

Yeah ! I must say that you re right
I think that all fans are not around there too
And maybe I have a side of me which wants to protect the project even if I'm nobody in both Atari and community s eyes

I could be the first to say unfair comments
Cause like you said I'm huge fan too and on top of that I work in graphic industry and what I can say is that I m pretty disappointed about how graphics look... Maybe there is a reason about their art choice ...I will not complain about it :)

Thx to you for sharing your POV about what I said ;)

ralphkings
02-14-2015, 08:05 PM
My coment its negative but at the same time cunstructive fedback. If the only thing that makes me hate the game its the 90 degrees factor its obvious that im gonna ask them to change that everytime that they made a new RCT game. The 90 degrees factor can be what makes me buy the game or not soo! Like me must be other peeople that thinks the same! For me its the number one problem with the game. its whats make the game less realistic. You dont find parks align at 90 degrees.

mehi321
02-15-2015, 01:50 PM
This is a little unrelated, but does anyone know when the next dev blog will be released? I thought Mattlab would follow his pattern of uploading the first three on consecutive Fridays, but that wasnt the case this time. I dont mean to be pushy, I am just interested in some new content so everyones ideas and thoughts can be relevant to what the dev team has already done, or yet to do, on the game and people arent leaving ideas that were implemented months ago.

Also, I am reading through the Dev Blogs from the game Parkitect and they are a great example of game dev blogs. The blogs are updated every weekend with many detailed explanations, photos and GIFs to show what the team worked on that week. That is what I would like to see for RCTW since as of now, the game has barely anything as far as I know...

ddrplaya4638
02-15-2015, 06:08 PM
Matt had posted in a different forum that he would not be posting a blog because he was traveling and was on a plane. I wish he would post one even if it was delayed. This last one he did was superb.

joeybolufe
02-15-2015, 11:13 PM
My coment its negative but at the same time cunstructive fedback. If the only thing that makes me hate the game its the 90 degrees factor its obvious that im gonna ask them to change that everytime that they made a new RCT game. The 90 degrees factor can be what makes me buy the game or not soo! Like me must be other peeople that thinks the same! For me its the number one problem with the game. its whats make the game less realistic. You dont find parks align at 90 degrees.

I totally agree with you! Some people think that us giving feedback on what we think is wrong with the game, such as the 90 degrees, is taking a shot at them and just trying to be mean. We all want this game to be great but if we don't give them the right feedback they're just gonna make a mediocre game. Im glad im not the only one who thinks this way.

Space Cops
02-16-2015, 12:33 AM
I love how people are so negative about the game before even gameplay footage is out.
guys, the graphics improved. although textures seem the same, the models have more polygons and there is a much better lighting system now
I cannot say anything for gameplay, no one can
just keep patient all

Aqua-Chan
02-16-2015, 12:33 PM
I love how people are so negative about the game before even gameplay footage is out.
guys, the graphics improved. although textures seem the same, the models have more polygons and there is a much better lighting system now
I cannot say anything for gameplay, no one can
just keep patient all

Thank You.

Kranky
02-16-2015, 01:39 PM
It seems like people just want an exact copy of the previous games. If so, why even but World? Like you are supposed to be excited because the game will be new. NEW. A new experience is what we are looking for.

The game will stil have all the great features of the past, but now it will have even more. BE EXCITED!

CoasterKing84
02-16-2015, 02:43 PM
It seems like people just want an exact copy of the previous games. If so, why even but World? Like you are supposed to be excited because the game will be new. NEW. A new experience is what we are looking for.

The game will stil have all the great features of the past, but now it will have even more. BE EXCITED!
I agree with you on that! I'm just grateful that even 10 years later it has been picked back up to be continued on!! After 5 years I thought they let the brand go I was sad but I'm anxious like a kid all over again!!