PDA

View Full Version : RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog Post #3

Pages : 1 [2]

Underdog104
02-16-2015, 05:26 PM
The game will stil have all the great features of the past, but now it will have even more. BE EXCITED!

Personally, I'm concerned because that's what I thought the new SimCity would be...but yeah, it wasn't even close. So until I/we get more information on this game, we can not assume anything will be the same as the past editions.

Kranky
02-16-2015, 09:26 PM
Personally, I'm concerned because that's what I thought the new SimCity would be...but yeah, it wasn't even close. So until I/we get more information on this game, we can not assume anything will be the same as the past editions.

They are two different games and game companies!

joeybolufe
02-16-2015, 10:31 PM
They are two different games and game companies!

What he's trying to say is that he's been burned before by another franchise. We're obviously all big fans of RCT, heck we post on their forums. But people are building up the hype before even seeing any of the game, and dismissing all the fans voicing their concerns about the game.

ExtraCheese
02-17-2015, 04:10 AM
Yup indeed...

'you have waited 10 years for this game, you NEED to be excited!!!'

Great example for this sort of blind enthousiasm: Duke Nukem. When the newest installment was released everyone was so esthatic about the fact that a new edition of the game was released. They all were very dissapointed however when they finally get the play it...
Seven kingdoms 3, Red Alert 3, even assassins creed. All were incredibly hyped but everyone was dissapointed when those games were released for various reasons. One was incredibly bugged while the other just didn't match the expectations of their fanbase.

All I want to say is that its ok to be enthoutiastic about RTCW (hell, I am!), but don't close your eyes for feedback from the community. People can have their doubts about some aspects of the game. We are all fans here and we all want a good and proper successor of our beloved Rollercoaster Tycoon. Not everything with the name Rollercoaster Tycoon is good however (hello rct4m)

CoasterKing84
02-17-2015, 08:33 AM
Yup indeed...

'you have waited 10 years for this game, you NEED to be excited!!!'

Great example for this sort of blind enthousiasm: Duke Nukem. When the newest installment was released everyone was so esthatic about the fact that a new edition of the game was released. They all were very dissapointed however when they finally get the play it...
Seven kingdoms 3, Red Alert 3, even assassins creed. All were incredibly hyped but everyone was dissapointed when those games were released for various reasons. One was incredibly bugged while the other just didn't match the expectations of their fanbase.

All I want to say is that its ok to be enthoutiastic about RTCW (hell, I am!), but don't close your eyes for feedback from the community. People can have their doubts about some aspects of the game. We are all fans here and we all want a good and proper successor of our beloved Rollercoaster Tycoon. Not everything with the name Rollercoaster Tycoon is good however (hello rct4m)
???? Did you mean blind Enthusiasm, so Ecstatic, Enthusiastic about RCTW? And rctw4 was destined to be horrible fore it is a mobile platform game!

Kranky
02-17-2015, 12:54 PM
No I love seeing people's concerns! Believe me I do, I just want to remind everyone how exciting this actually is :)

sanctus
02-18-2015, 10:26 AM
any news... this is getting boring.

Knobs
02-18-2015, 01:12 PM
Yeah ... No news at all. And that new guy who was sent to talk to us does a perfect job ....
Damn, why !? I don't get it at all.

GoobyPls
02-18-2015, 01:39 PM
Yeah, we now have 3 (?) or so "community managers" on this forum, and this week we have gotten nothing new to read, except for the vacious: "Yes, Graphics are important to us blah blah blah". What are those guys doing?

Lapuente
02-18-2015, 02:08 PM
I honestly can't wait!!!

k1ng r4t
02-18-2015, 04:58 PM
???? Did you mean blind Enthusiasm, so Ecstatic, Enthusiastic about RCTW? And rctw4 was destined to be horrible fore it is a mobile platform game!

Um RA3 was the ****. 82 on MC, 8.2 on IGN, 9 on Steam...You might be thinking of Command and Conquer 3 and 4, which were incredibly hyped up and turned out to be awful. Some of the worst RTS games I've ever played, and I grew up with C&C. Edit: I should say 3 was mediocre at best, but Tiberium Wars is truly, truly an awful experience.

VactuGAMER
02-18-2015, 05:25 PM
:( we need a blog #4

Underdog104
02-18-2015, 05:51 PM
At this rate we might have the game by 2019...maybe a screenshot by next year! Crossing my fingers!!!

Carl-
02-18-2015, 06:44 PM
Blog #4 please Mattlab...

VactuGAMER
02-18-2015, 08:11 PM
At this rate we might have the game by 2019...maybe a screenshot by next year! Crossing my fingers!!!

LOLLL ! ikr this is crazy ..

Kranky
02-19-2015, 12:30 AM
You guys need to calm down. Like Jesus. Be lucky that we got even one blog post.

Underdog104
02-19-2015, 01:10 AM
You guys need to calm down. Like Jesus. Be lucky that we got even one blog post.

Are you saying we should be more calm like Jesus? Maybe Jesus would be fed up, too.

a-can-o-beans
02-19-2015, 01:24 AM

just cause they are making the game doesn't mean we cant complain when they dont communicate with us. they arent doing all this for free out of the kindness of the heart. they want my money they better act like they want it at least

Kranky
02-19-2015, 12:38 PM
I realize that, I just don't see why you have to be so inpatient. Asking for Blog #4 over and over isn't going to make it come any faster... I want it just as much as you guys.

iChase
02-19-2015, 12:54 PM
Be lucky? Are you kidding? How, as a paying consumer who knows nothing about this game, am I going to be interested in it without some marketing on their part?

They should feel lucky we're still here clinging to nothing.

Taizen
02-19-2015, 02:03 PM
Be lucky? Are you kidding? How, as a paying consumer who knows nothing about this game, am I going to be interested in it without some marketing on their part?

^^^ This X1000

Kranky
02-19-2015, 04:22 PM

We have gotten three blog posts, screenshots, and a teaser trailer. That doesn't seem like nothing to me.

Sam223
02-19-2015, 05:25 PM
We have gotten three blog posts, screenshots, and a teaser trailer. That doesn't seem like nothing to me.

3 blog post barely explaining anything about the game,other than its awesome.1 screen shot that we hadn't already seen and a teaser trailer featuring a lift hill video of a real ride.

Kranky
02-19-2015, 05:28 PM
3 blog post barely explaining anything about the game,other than its awesome.1 screen shot that we hadn't already seen and a teaser trailer featuring a lift hill video of a real ride.

"BARELY" explaining anything about the game... wut

Sam223
02-19-2015, 05:49 PM
"BARELY" explaining anything about the game... wut

Re-read them.So far we know this. Brush based terrain/paths (all previous games had this,adjustable terrain size painting/editing and you could paint paths before but only 1 tile brush),4 themes,restaurants (food with seats attached),more non ride attractions (circus etc),3 coaster types (no further details other than changing cars),node based coaster editing,coaster construction is free until 'finalised',no custom scenery on launch,only 1 colour paint editing on launch.

Not a lot of info for how much was written and very little explaining how they work,tools in these subsets (node based editor comes with straightening options? lock to axis? or you just have to try and edit whislt in full 3d? who knows),no images or videos explaining the features.

plenty of this though

Playing with the coaster editor on a daily basis, I must say, it’s awesome. I’m able to build coasters that were simply not possible in any previous iteration of RCT. Once you combine it with our brush-based terrain tool you really do get the ability to make some phenomenal layouts.
Building in RCTW unlocks the power of 3D and freeform design while keeping it accessible for all. We cannot wait to see what fans create with these powerful new tools, rides, and objects. We can’t even fathom the possibilities!

Why not show us how awesome,phenomenal and powerful it is?

Underdog104
02-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Re-read them.So far we know this. Brush based terrain/paths (all previous games had this,adjustable terrain size painting/editing and you could paint paths before but only 1 tile brush),4 themes,restaurants (food with seats attached),more non ride attractions (circus etc),3 coaster types (no further details other than changing cars),node based coaster editing,coaster construction is free until 'finalised',no custom scenery on launch,only 1 colour paint editing on launch.

Not a lot of info for how much was written and very little explaining how they work,tools in these subsets (node based editor comes with straightening options? lock to axis? or you just have to try and edit whislt in full 3d? who knows),no images or videos

Not to mention they still say it's going to be out "Early 2015". By my calculations, that means by the end of March. So a little over a month until release, and we have 4 screenshots, and one video that may or may not be actual gameplay footage (I'm guessing it's not). Pretty skimpy for a game due out in 1+ month.

Sam223
02-19-2015, 05:59 PM
Not to mention they still say it's going to be out "Early 2015". By my calculations, that means by the end of March. So a little over a month until release, and we have 4 screenshots, and one video that may or may not be actual gameplay footage (I'm guessing it's not). Pretty skimpy for a game due out in 1+ month.

The teaser video is a real ride video,with a screenshot at the end

CoasterKing84
02-19-2015, 08:38 PM

I felt the same way at first, I was just excited about having the game just coming out but I also agree with you because the chain wouldn't have lived on this long, so "we" the consumers should have more information than what we have been given and the game is allegedly coming out in April. Then again maybe this is the strategy plan at hand to release information little by little to build up the anticipation.

Aqua-Chan
02-19-2015, 10:05 PM

How do you know?

Kranky
02-19-2015, 10:10 PM
This game was announced in August.. Some games announce and wait two years before releasing ANY info.

And I know it is going to come out soon, but some developers are different. Get used to different companies and how they advertise.

Paul_Boland
02-19-2015, 10:30 PM

The teaser video isn't real ride, it's all computer rendered. The bit at the end uses items from the game, but is not shot from within the game engine, it is again rendered footage.

darkhorizon
02-20-2015, 12:20 AM
The teaser video isn't real ride, it's all computer rendered.

Uh, yes it is? The first 20-or-so seconds of the trailer video is clearly a POV of Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain (or Titan at Six Flags Over Texas, one of the two. They're very similar in design).

The rest of it IS a computer render.

mehi321
02-20-2015, 12:27 AM
Uh, yes it is? The first 20-or-so seconds of the trailer video is clearly a POV of Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain (or Titan at Six Flags Over Texas, one of the two. They're very similar in design).

The rest of it IS a computer render.

Sorry, but it's not real. I've examined the teaser and real POV very closely and yes, the ride is the same, but the RCTW teaser is computer rendered to look identical to Titan/Goliath

Sam223
02-20-2015, 02:56 AM
This game was announced in August.. Some games announce and wait two years before releasing ANY info.

And I know it is going to come out soon, but some developers are different. Get used to different companies and how they advertise.

The game is supposedly going to be released within 'early 2015',not in 2 years time

Sorry, but it's not real. I've examined the teaser and real POV very closely and yes, the ride is the same, but the RCTW teaser is computer rendered to look identical to Titan/Goliath
The start of the lift hill and the crest of the lift hill,lighting and shadows give it away for me.Theres a little bit of camera shake aswell thats barely noticable,little things that would be pointless to render.

http://i.imgur.com/dDh4CRM.jpg

darkhorizon
02-20-2015, 08:06 AM

You haven't examined it closely enough then, because it's certainly real.

But think what you think!

mehi321
02-20-2015, 11:19 AM
You haven't examined it closely enough then, because it's certainly real.

But think what you think!

Sam223 made a great point and even posted screenshots for comparison. The teaser is not real. Everything is too perfect: the sky, lighting, video quality, even the state of the ride's station on the right at the beginning! I don't want to argue with you though so I'm done wasting my time. Go ahead and believe the teaser was real. Many people said and proved otherwise but you keep denying it. Plus, this isn't a place to argue, it's a place to discuss and share thoughts on a game franchise we all love with other RCT fans.

darkhorizon
02-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Sam223 made a great point and even posted screenshots for comparison. The teaser is not real. Everything is too perfect: the sky, lighting, video quality, even the state of the ride's station on the right at the beginning! I don't want to argue with you though so I'm done wasting my time. Go ahead and believe the teaser was real. Many people said and proved otherwise but you keep denying it. Plus, this isn't a place to argue, it's a place to discuss and share thoughts on a game franchise we all love with other RCT fans.

Pretty sure Sam223 posted those comparison pics to prove that it is, indeed, real. Lmao! At least that's how I'm interpreting his post. Re-read his post (hint: last sentence).

P.S. Maybe the reason why its too perfect, is because it's real?

a-can-o-beans
02-20-2015, 12:57 PM
it a real ride. there is no doubt about that. but that doesn't mean they couldn't have thrown in some post processing effects to make it look more artificial.

EDIT: i quoted the wrong person....

darkhorizon
02-20-2015, 01:12 PM
I'm not denying that they didn't use some video filters, I'm pretty positive they did. But post processing effects and a computer rendered video are two entirely different things. :)

a-can-o-beans
02-20-2015, 01:34 PM
I'm not denying that they didn't use some video filters, I'm pretty positive they did. But post processing effects and a computer rendered video are two entirely different things. :)

and yet people still say the real ride footage is game footage.... boy will they be disappointed lol

Sam223
02-20-2015, 02:09 PM
Pretty sure Sam223 posted those comparison pics to prove that it is, indeed, real. Lmao! At least that's how I'm interpreting his post. Re-read his post (hint: last sentence).

P.S. Maybe the reason why its too perfect, is because it's real?

Ye that's what i was getting at.Notice the perfectly matching tree above the storage shed on the right and how the support in the turnaround on the left is in exactly the same place.Recreations might be accurate but not exactly the same at every single frame.

Caine
02-20-2015, 02:32 PM
I think it is clearly onride footage from Goliath in Six Flags Magic Mountain. Look at the cables from the speakers: Trailer 0:19 and this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k75f1Lj6F8 1:03 You can compare the angles of the light bars too
I think there are filters over the video

darkhorizon
02-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Ye that's what i was getting at.Notice the perfectly matching tree above the storage shed on the right and how the support in the turnaround on the left is in exactly the same place.Recreations might be accurate but not exactly the same at every single frame.

Exactly. Plus, why would they put so much effort and time into recreating an existing ride, making sure every little polygon and texture is "perfect", and then only show a split second of supposed game-footage (which we now know isn't what the game actually looks like considering the recently released screenshots). It just makes zero sense. :)

Underdog104
02-20-2015, 02:50 PM
I don't know if I'm more excited that we could possibly get a blog post today, or to see the outrage that will ensue if we don't!

darkhorizon
02-20-2015, 02:58 PM
Well and this is what happens when we don't get any new information for 2 weeks. We run out of things to discuss and end up debating, or arguing...or whatever this was.

a-can-o-beans
02-20-2015, 03:27 PM
the only reason i would expect not to get a dev blog this week is cause they may do a big reveal at GDC. but regardless some communication is necessary

mehi321
02-20-2015, 03:46 PM

Sorry, we may have misunderstood each other. I agree 100% that the ride freatured is a recreation of Titan/Goliath, no doubt, but it is for sure a computer generated recreation, not an actual POV. Features as I mentioned before are "too perfect" in the sense that they are clean, and look brand new. Plus the sky is clear and a solid blue, and the shadows and light are too still (the trees, cars, or other moving objects should have some effect on the shadows and their movement). Ive even been contacted a number of my friends and family members who have worked in some aspect of graphic design or computer generated imagery in their lives and they agree that it is indeed a rendering of the actual ride, not POV.

jackk
02-20-2015, 06:32 PM
If we don't get an update today you BEST believe I will be illegally downloading this game when its released ;)

SparkyUK
02-20-2015, 06:40 PM
If we don't get an update today you BEST believe I will be illegally downloading this game when its released ;)

Yeah that'll help keep the franchise going.

SparkyUK
02-20-2015, 06:50 PM
the only reason i would expect not to get a dev blog this week is cause they may do a big reveal at GDC. but regardless some communication is necessary

I wonder if there will be any details at GDC. As it stands, Area52 nor Atari are listed as attending :(

jackk
02-20-2015, 06:56 PM
Yeah that'll help keep the franchise going.

I'm assuming your being sarcastic,if so, do you think leaving fans in the open air with nothing,will keep the franchise going perfectly fine?

coaster6
02-20-2015, 07:04 PM
Please tell me we can get another blog post tonight. Where are you Mattlab?

Aqua-Chan
02-20-2015, 07:22 PM
Matts been really quiet lately. We better have something big.

SparkyUK
02-20-2015, 07:28 PM
I'm assuming your being sarcastic,if so, do you think leaving fans in the open air with nothing,will keep the franchise going perfectly fine?

The franchise hasn't been going for a while - it's taken a break. Once it restarts it'll be idiots that download the game that'll help put the franchise in the ground.

There isn't one person on this forum that won't buy the game (you excluded) when it launches, even given the radio silence we're experiencing currently.

magicart87
02-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Intead of blog post #4 I'd like to see an official 1st trailer.

joeybolufe
02-20-2015, 08:40 PM
Intead of blog post #4 I'd like to see an official 1st trailer.

I would love to see developer video blogs. Ive seen some other studios do this, like Signal Studios, the studio making the new Toy Soldiers: War Chest game.

0BobTheJanitor
02-20-2015, 10:11 PM
Never support piracy.

Thompso
02-20-2015, 10:18 PM
I'd rather Mattlab just tell us no more blogs for awhile, so I'm not left hanging.

a-can-o-beans
02-21-2015, 01:21 AM
Sorry, we may have misunderstood each other. I agree 100% that the ride freatured is a recreation of Titan/Goliath, no doubt, but it is for sure a computer generated recreation, not an actual POV. Features as I mentioned before are "too perfect" in the sense that they are clean, and look brand new. Plus the sky is clear and a solid blue, and the shadows and light are too still (the trees, cars, or other moving objects should have some effect on the shadows and their movement). Ive even been contacted a number of my friends and family members who have worked in some aspect of graphic design or computer generated imagery in their lives and they agree that it is indeed a rendering of the actual ride, not POV.

its a video of a goliath pov with post effects added. its the real coaster but they added tons of filters and other effects to it. probably to try to match the lighting engine in the game.

Underdog104
02-21-2015, 01:30 AM
2+ weeks, and still no information! You are really digging yourselves a giant hole Atari and Area 52!

Sam223
02-21-2015, 08:38 AM
its a video of a goliath pov with post effects added. its the real coaster but they added tons of filters and other effects to it. probably to try to match the lighting engine in the game.

Yup,much more practical to film the real thing,edit the video over a few days. Rather than spending months making a 1:1 replica model,then creating the animation sequence of the lifthill and then rendering it.Id be surprised if they even filmed it,it's probably bought in from another source.

iChase
02-21-2015, 11:54 AM
I highly doubt a game studio without the time to reply to its fans has the time to build and render a 3D model of a roller coaster...

Chris_RC15
02-21-2015, 12:20 PM
I really hope that this game has the Floorless Dive coaster... and especially I would like to see elements like the Immelmann, Dive Loop, Zero-G roll, pretzel loop, etc. And especially inversions on a wooden coaster. Better than NoLimits!

Indiglow
02-21-2015, 03:42 PM
2 weeks go by and no other update or blog?

And you keep telling people early 2015?

This is a joke, right?

Thompso
02-21-2015, 04:27 PM
I think Atari is not focused on answering questions. They are just going to work on the game, release it on steam and collect the money. Wam Bam thank you Mam no strings attached.

CoasterNazi666
02-21-2015, 05:48 PM
this is a tad rediculous now, no updates :c loosing hope /:

BigDaddy
02-21-2015, 08:07 PM
I've also never understood this notion of waiting for a convention to release new info. It makes no sense, if you have some fun, cool info why release it at the exact same time as hundreds of others companies are also shouting about their stuff. It makes no sense. Your just asking to be lost in the screaming. Hell its not like its 1990 and we still have to hustle to get your product and info into print media.

and to hold info back due to the GDC makes no sense as the GDC is more about industry insiders and developers talking among ourselves. Sure there is some media but not that much.

IMHO It simply much better to be a lone voice with interesting information on a given day or week than being just one voice among thousands all vying for a blip in a paragraph somewhere.

king_austin95
02-22-2015, 01:02 AM
I've also never understood this notion of waiting for a convention to release new info. It makes no sense, if you have some fun, cool info why release it at the exact same time as hundreds of others companies are also shouting about their stuff. It makes no sense. Your just asking to be lost in the screaming. Hell its not like its 1990 and we still have to hustle to get your product and info into print media.

and to hold info back due to the GDC makes no sense as the GDC is more about industry insiders and developers talking among ourselves. Sure there is some media but not that much.

IMHO It simply much better to be a lone voice with interesting information on a given day or week than being just one voice among thousands all vying for a blip in a paragraph somewhere.

GDC to me sounds kind of like E3. I love seeing the stuff Nintendo unveils at E3 every year. As long as we get the information its fine

Mithrando
02-22-2015, 08:56 AM
GDC to me sounds kind of like E3. I love seeing the stuff Nintendo unveils at E3 every year. As long as we get the information its fine

Yeah, but like he said GDC is a game developers conference where game dev's share their ideas etc. E3 has a way bigger audience and makes more sense to release info then.

GoobyPls
02-22-2015, 09:13 AM
the disappointment just gets bigger day for day. You can't tell me our "caring community manager" doesn't find the time to write a single post in a whole week. this is, as CoasterNazi666 wrote, a tad ridiculous.

Indiglow
02-22-2015, 12:53 PM
EARLY 2015!

...if by early you mean September and if by 2015 you mean 2016, then yeah....

Knobs
02-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Yeah ...

jkay1993
02-23-2015, 06:31 AM
Give us a video footage of the game Mattlab..!!! Please

warly
02-23-2015, 07:23 AM
I think we won't get any new information on the game until GDC. Of course it's a great pity that the dev posts didn't became a regular thing but i think that we can expect A LOT of new information about RCTW next week! And it's only one week away so we should be rather anticipating of what's to come next week instead of complaining all the time.

a-can-o-beans
02-23-2015, 01:04 PM
I think we won't get any new information on the game until GDC. Of course it's a great pity that the dev posts didn't became a regular thing but i think that we can expect A LOT of new information about RCTW next week! And it's only one week away so we should be rather anticipating of what's to come next week instead of complaining all the time.

the problem isnt that we arent getting a dev blog. its that there has been no communication about anything. if there isnt going to be a dev blog tell us. communication goes a along way

warly
02-23-2015, 01:18 PM
nobody said this will be a regular thing, people were just expecting it or trying to make a pattern out of it. Mattlab could also just been writing a text every day "sry no blogpost today".

don't get me wrong, i would love to more information as well. All i'm saying is we are making our own problems here.

mb1.0.2
02-23-2015, 02:38 PM
"Sorry, guys. We won't be giving any new information until the GDC. Thanks for your patience, but we'll be showing off lots of new screens, some more assets, and a developer's video. Stay tuned!"

In one post....two sentences....about 30 seconds of my time...I have managed to inform everyone. It's NOT hard. We aren't making our own problems. Whoever is in charge of marketing and communication is making the problems. Not one post from an authority on the game in several days is unacceptable. If we were asking for ridiculous things, I'd understand. But just wanting information, even if it's to say that there is no current information coming, is hardly asking for much.

ExtraCheese
02-23-2015, 04:37 PM
"Sorry, guys. We won't be giving any new information until the GDC. Thanks for your patience, but we'll be showing off lots of new screens, some more assets, and a developer's video. Stay tuned!"

In one post....two sentences....about 30 seconds of my time...I have managed to inform everyone. It's NOT hard. We aren't making our own problems. Whoever is in charge of marketing and communication is making the problems. Not one post from an authority on the game in several days is unacceptable. If we were asking for ridiculous things, I'd understand. But just wanting information, even if it's to say that there is no current information coming, is hardly asking for much.

Well said.

Xenocorpse
02-23-2015, 05:52 PM

As much as I feel like I'm fueling arguement, it's hard to argue with mb1.0.2's statement. Maybe a little tweet like that would go a VERY long way.

iChase
02-23-2015, 06:18 PM

Hear, hear!

4played
02-23-2015, 06:41 PM
Release date on Amazon is now: 29. Mai 2015

(Some days before: 30. April)

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00SWEUHG8/

Indiglow
02-23-2015, 08:28 PM
This entire PR community at Atari is trash. Complete Trash.

Huge company like this can't even get a decent marketing/PR team.

It's pathetic. As if the entire operation is ran by a bunch of amateurs in the industry.

I've lost all faith in this team. They are horrible at this. If they can't get this SIMPLE thing right, then the game itself is destined to be trash as well. It's just inexcusable at this point.

joeybolufe
02-23-2015, 09:53 PM

Nice find. I noticed the price will be about $60. Even though I'm a huge fan of this franchise and have been waiting for this game for years now, I'm definitely not gonna pre-order and I'm gonna wait for the reviews. And I strongly suggest my fellow RCT fans do the same. I'm pretty skeptical of this game at this point.

tkellaway
02-23-2015, 10:04 PM
Sounds like you guys listened to the community real well. Looking forward to this twice as much after reading this blog post.

Xenocorpse
02-23-2015, 10:36 PM

The power of the community right there. According to this Amazon page, (Language seems to be german) the release date as of now is May 29th, 2015. Nice digging through the internet to find a reliable release date. This estimates the release date to be Q2 2015 now. It seems Atari has been pushed back but hasn't announced anything officially yet. Why? I haven't the slightest idea.

EDIT: I also just realized that a few days before now the date was a month earlier. Atari apparently can't make up its mind on a release date. This is probably why we haven't gotten all that much information. For all we know it could be pushed back to Q3 2015 or even Q4 2015.

chester016
02-23-2015, 11:39 PM
Hello everyone, rather new here. I have quietly watched the forums for the past few months and finally decided to chime in. I want this game released just as badly as everyone else does, and I'm dying for info just as badly as everyone else. I think the reason there haven't been any posts as of late by Mattlab indicate that we are on the doorstep of a large announcement. Possibly by the end of the week. Especially considering Friday would put us almost exactly 3 months out from the release date found on Amazon today. I would further like to say that I want Atari to get this game right the first time. IF that means we don't get it until early 2016 then fine. Everyone on these forums has provided excellent feedback and ideas and I have no doubt they are listening to everyone. As a long time fan of the franchise I do not want to play a piece mealed game that is rushed into production for a release date that's unrealistic. That being said, I think everyone needs to be patient. We have waited nearly 10 years for this game, whats a few more months?

Edit: If anyone is wondering where Mattlab has gone, go under the RCTW general discussion and read the thread Did we run Mattlab away from the forums? Mattlab was posting on there 2 days ago, so he is active.

Bionic
02-24-2015, 02:49 AM
I think some of you guys are reading too much into the Amazon release date. I don't think they got it from Atari at all, at least not officially. I see it quite a lot on webshops here (I'm from Belgium), that they put an arbitrary release date somewhere in the future on games of which the publisher hasn't set a date yet. For instance: when GTA V was set to be released somewhere in 2013 (was it 2013?) the release dates on webshops were set at 31 December 2013, when Rockstar announces the actual release date, this 31 December date was changed on the webshops.
My guess is someone at Amazon.de saw the 'early 2015' release date and just put 30 April as the latest that they consider 'early 2015', and that now after some more research put the latest possible 'early 2015' at the end of May.

CoasterKing84
02-24-2015, 04:11 AM

In one post....two sentences....about 30 seconds of my time...I have managed to inform everyone. It's NOT hard. We aren't making our own problems. Whoever is in charge of marketing and communication is making the problems. Not one post from an authority on the game in several days is unacceptable. If we were asking for ridiculous things, I'd understand. But just wanting information, even if it's to say that there is no current information coming, is hardly asking for much.I agree!! It's just that simple!

CoasterKing84
02-24-2015, 04:14 AM
this entire pr community at atari is trash. Complete trash.

Huge company like this can't even get a decent marketing/pr team.

It's pathetic. As if the entire operation is ran by a bunch of amateurs in the industry.

I've lost all faith in this team. They are horrible at this. If they can't get this simple thing right, then the game itself is destined to be trash as well. It's just inexcusable at this point. let's all see how frontier handles their marketing for their version of the game early 2016

CoasterKing84
02-24-2015, 04:24 AM
Frontier's Version is coming 2016 and the fact it has already been announced let's see how they market the game and keep "us" the consumer in the loop with everything going on! http://www.rct4releasedate.com/coaster-park-tycoon-coming/

ExtraCheese
02-24-2015, 04:37 AM
It's not about not wanting a good game or the wait, it's about communication. If a company says their game will be released early 2015, we deserve more information than we have now. If they would have said Q3 of 2015 that would be fine at this point, but now we are supposedly very close to release and we have exactly 5 screenshots, no ingame footage and very little information about the game itself.

Yes of course I want the game to be perfect and give the developers plenty of time to create the RCTW we want, but that also comes with a little bit of communication like 'hey guys, look what we are doing this week!' or 'yeah about that early 2015 release... that's not happening'. Or even 'no information until this weekend guys!'.

CoasterKing84
02-24-2015, 05:14 AM
It's not about not wanting a good game or the wait, it's about communication. If a company says their game will be released early 2015, we deserve more information than we have now. If they would have said Q3 of 2015 that would be fine at this point, but now we are supposedly very close to release and we have exactly 5 screenshots, no ingame footage and very little information about the game itself.

Yes of course I want the game to be perfect and give the developers plenty of time to create the RCTW we want, but that also comes with a little bit of communication like 'hey guys, look what we are doing this week!' or 'yeah about that early 2015 release... that's not happening'. Or even 'no information until this weekend guys!'.

I strongly agree with you on the communication aspect of things!

Angel
02-24-2015, 06:34 AM
I wouldn't read too much into the release date mentioned on Amazon. Bol.com (dutch site) has the release date set at December 31 of this year. http://www.bol.com/nl/p/rollercoaster-tycoon-world/9200000026762283/

EuroMaster2008
02-24-2015, 06:36 AM
Now the Release is set to be the 29th of May! That´s sure NOT early 2015! And there are not enough Info about the Game at all. And for de fiscal year 2015 is gone long ago... so I don´t think there is a release in 2015 at all.

Taizen
02-24-2015, 12:17 PM
I don't think they even have a marketing team tbh.

RCTW1
02-24-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm am also very concerned about the communication aspect of it all. Heck we've seen less screenshots than when it was with Pipeworks. The release time doesnt bother me nearly as much.

BigDaddy
02-24-2015, 05:24 PM
if you arent ready or able to communicate, then why create a forum in the first place?

Pineracer
02-24-2015, 05:42 PM
I'd say they created it to listen to the people to see what they want in the game wile they are working on it.

VactuGAMER
02-24-2015, 05:50 PM
if you arent ready or able to communicate, then why create a forum in the first place?

this is so true !

Tricky
02-24-2015, 07:38 PM
The burning barn ride in the last screenshot is too much themed (Especially the fire). I wanna put down a ride and choose if it's themed like that. It would be great if you can customize it like that if you want, but if it's like that when you buy/place it it's too much. Parks will look alike when every ride is already themed too much for us.

joeybolufe
02-24-2015, 09:54 PM
Frontier's Version is coming 2016 and the fact it has already been announced let's see how they market the game and keep "us" the consumer in the loop with everything going on! http://www.rct4releasedate.com/coaster-park-tycoon-coming/

Did a little research and this game seems like the game we all want. Made by the original developers of RCT3. RCTW looks like a cash-grab to me.

Indiglow
02-24-2015, 10:32 PM
Guarantee you Coaster Park Tycoon communication is 100x better. I mean, it really can't get any worse to be honest.

joeybolufe
02-24-2015, 10:58 PM
Guarantee you Coaster Park Tycoon communication is 100x better. I mean, it really can't get any worse to be honest.

Totally agree

ExtraCheese
02-25-2015, 04:34 AM
Well we did get 3 blog posts, surely it can be worse than that.
Yet I must agree with you that there is so little communication, which is so 1998.
In 2015, game developers interact with their community, especially when they have created a forum for their own game and introduced community managers of which "we will see a lot".

acyclone
02-25-2015, 12:33 PM
You're right! We have got the right to know some more!

magicart87
02-25-2015, 01:54 PM
I may be in the minority, but I'd rather have a "polished" game in 2016.

mrbigshot110
02-25-2015, 02:10 PM
I'm concerned about this game. I pray it's all we're hoping it will be, however something must be going on that we're not meant to know about. The last post was done a bit hastily and in my opinion it seemed obvious because a riot was about to start. With this "Coaster Park Tycoon" game on the horizon too I'm hoping RCTW doesn't end up cancelled. I'd like to see how frontier markets their game. I don't see a reason to be hiding things like this. It's like atari is ashamed of their product. Teasing the fans is one thing, but being avoidant is another. For example, when Grant Theft Auto V was being marketed information was held for long periods of time but that was followed by large info dumps that fully explained what the consumer would be getting with whatever feature was being discussed along with enough screenshots give a visual explanation. I dont think I need to mention the sales records that game broke. My point is that you have to SHOW YOUR PRODUCT. Do you really expect people to pay for a game they haven't even seen? If it's a bad game, we're going to know anyways. Please don't do this to the RCT franchise and to us fans. You're only hurting yourselves.

Hanazakari86
02-25-2015, 02:28 PM
some companies dislike to show their papers much often
or ,,, they like to make people crave for more news and updates or even the game itself
btw I hope the updates blog is on Friday or next Monday

joeybolufe
02-25-2015, 04:37 PM
I may be in the minority, but I'd rather have a "polished" game in 2016.

I'm right with you.

mb1.0.2
02-25-2015, 05:46 PM
I don't think you're in the minority, magicart. I want a polished game as well. I don't care when it arrives so long as it's indeed been developed well, tested thoroughly, and is stable with maximum flexibility. I don't think the release date is anyone's specific beef; rather, I think the issue is a significant lack of screens, videos, and overall information about a major title that is supposed to drop in the next few months in order to be considered "early" 2015.

ExtraCheese
02-25-2015, 05:51 PM
I don't think you're in the minority, magicart. I want a polished game as well. I don't care when it arrives so long as it's indeed been developed well, tested thoroughly, and is stable with maximum flexibility. I don't think the release date is anyone's specific beef; rather, I think the issue is a significant lack of screens, videos, and overall information about a major title that is supposed to drop in the next few months in order to be considered "early" 2015.

Exactly. Of course I want a good and finished game, everyone here does. I can't imagine somebody saying 'release the game now, I don't care if its buggy or lacking a lot of stuff'!
It's about the fact that Atari and Area 52 promised us a release of early 2015, while there is so little information now at the end of the second month of 2015.

SPRidley
02-25-2015, 06:56 PM

Wait... I thought we couldn't talk about that game in these forums because they were afraid of Frontier being better than them and making everyone forget about RCTW.
I always say, a little bit of competition is good for everyone.

EmSay
02-25-2015, 07:06 PM
Let's Wait and See...

CoasterKing84
02-25-2015, 10:44 PM
Wait... I thought we couldn't talk about that game in these forums because they were afraid of Frontier being better than them and making everyone forget about RCTW.
I always say, a little bit of competition is good for everyone.

Lmao this was by far the best post but I agree competition can make or break you if you don't come all the way through. Let's see which one becomes the most popular!

king_austin95
02-26-2015, 09:51 AM
Lmao this was by far the best post but I agree competition can make or break you if you don't come all the way through. Let's see which one becomes the most popular!

lol. i'm gonna get roller coaster tycoon world, coaster park tycoon, AND parkitect either way. can't wait for them ^_^

RCTW1
02-26-2015, 11:19 AM
Parkitect doesn't interest me at all.

Sam223
02-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Parkitect doesn't interest me at all.

Parkitect will be the best of the 3 i think,gameplay wise. As they are taking feedback during development.Taking the tried and tested RCT2 dynamics and improving them (peeps that understand transport ride shortcuts,coaster system that allows loads of flexibility without becoming 'freenode',scenery piece that you can scale in size,custom scenery support,support for coasters made in external programs i.e nolimits,screen modes that overlay the park showing g-forces on rides,travel history of peeps etc etc).

Rather than trying to over complicate things with nice 3d graphics.Although the game is full 3d,just setup to play from a isometric view

king_austin95
02-26-2015, 03:51 PM
i will still get all 3 of them either way. i LOVE roller coaster/ amusement park building games. and in the past decade or so there haven't been very many. now there's THREE of them
being worked on right now! i can't wait. :o

EricDoe
02-26-2015, 04:39 PM
Well, according to Amazon, it's set for May 29... there's even a cover. But don't get too crazy about it... nothing's confirmed yet ;)
But at least the cover seems to be "real"

http://www.amazon.de/Bandai-Namco-Entertainment-RollerCoaster-Tycoon/dp/B00SWEUHG8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424983004&sr=8-1&keywords=Rollercoaster+Tycoon+World

sanctus
02-26-2015, 05:24 PM
I preordered parkitect two months ago and I think I'm more excited about it than about rctw lol

Wabigbear
02-26-2015, 07:57 PM
After using the GDC convention as an excuse for a couple weeks, and now hearing that neither Atari nor Area 52 are actually going to be exhibitors there, I'm finding it really hard to believe a single thing Atari tells us anymore.

Perhaps it's a good thing that their 'community managers' have all but disappeared, because I'm not sure I have enough grains of salt to take with whatever it is they are trying to peddle.

This is just really sad. After the mess Atari created with their old forums a couple years ago, their later deleting the old forums and the loss of years worth of posts and information, the bad publicity about the RCT3 lawsuits, and the disappointing game they slapped an RCT4 label on recently, it was a little hard to get overly excited about the promises being made yet once again, but I think quite a few people set aside those bad feeling towards Atari in hopes that things had changed, and this time would be different.

mb1.0.2
02-26-2015, 10:08 PM
It's at the point where if I weren't so looking forward to a new RCT title, this would be laughable. It's just...abysmal. Can't wait to see the web they weave to explain what they meant when they said they were preparing for a conference they aren't attending. Ugh...cram it, Atari.

Indiglow
02-27-2015, 12:09 AM
So basically......they said they aren't releasing a lot of info because they are attending a conference, then they fail to appear at the conference and still aren't talking.

This has got to be THE WORST communicating from any team that's in development to release a game soon that I have EVER witnessed.

This is just a train wreck. It's laughable and sad all in one.

Shame on you Atari

SHAME ON YOU. And shame on us for believing you.

damien
02-27-2015, 02:05 AM
Hey other disgruntled RCT fans!

Long time forum reader, first time forum contributor.

All I can say, is that I agree with everything. They promised us regular communication and updates and we get weeks without a peep.
However I see they are quite active on twitter, constantly posting about RCT3 being on sale and buying stuff for that awful mobile game.

I log on here every single day to check for an update, and I'm losing hope.

I understand, they can't sit at their computer and read every. single. post. that is on here. but surely they can see an overwhelming request for SOME SORT OF UPDATE. That they are just ignoring. If they even said "Hey guys, No new Update for another 3 weeks".. THAT would suffice.

While Im ranting, I think the previous updates were heavily padded nothingness anyway. I feel like the guys at the top gave 3 lines of info, that some poor low level sap (Mattlab) had to pad with exciting wow words. I can't be the only one who was underwhelmed with the lack of content.

Anyway.... *gets off soapbox*

EricDoe
02-27-2015, 03:43 AM
I still believe we'll get an early 2015 release (May 29, according to Amazon). And the fact that they already posted the cover there proves that the game is moving forward. I even pre-ordered it. So guys, relax.

I think it's rather brilliant not to share that many information with us - where's the fun in playing a game you already know through posts and videos? Besides if they hype it too much people eventually end up being disappointed.

GoobyPls
02-27-2015, 06:13 AM
I still believe we'll get an early 2015 release (May 29, according to Amazon). And the fact that they already posted the cover there proves that the game is moving forward. I even pre-ordered it. So guys, relax.

I think it's rather brilliant not to share that many information with us - where's the fun in playing a game you already know through posts and videos? Besides if they hype it too much people eventually end up being disappointed.

WEll, of course we don't want to see the full game with all details and specifics, just SOMETHING. But that's not even that important. We want communication with Atari/Area 52.
I read post of people on this forum saying we can't really ask for much and should be happy with what we have. I don't see it that way, If Atari provides a forum and "communtiy managers" for us, then i think they are in a way obligated to hold up to what was promised.

ExtraCheese
02-27-2015, 06:20 AM
WEll, of course we don't want to see the full game with all details and specifics, just SOMETHING. But that's not even that important. We want communication with Atari/Area 52.
I read post of people on this forum saying we can't really ask for much and should be happy with what we have. I don't see it that way, If Atari provides a forum and "communtiy managers" for us, then i think they are in a way obligated to hold up to what was promised.

Exactly. Promises and expectations need to be fulfilled.

CoasterKing84
02-27-2015, 07:35 AM
After using the GDC convention as an excuse for a couple weeks, and now hearing that neither Atari nor Area 52 are actually going to be exhibitors there, I'm finding it really hard to believe a single thing Atari tells us anymore.

Perhaps it's a good thing that their 'community managers' have all but disappeared, because I'm not sure I have enough grains of salt to take with whatever it is they are trying to peddle.

This is just really sad. After the mess Atari created with their old forums a couple years ago, their later deleting the old forums and the loss of years worth of posts and information, the bad publicity about the RCT3 lawsuits, and the disappointing game they slapped an RCT4 label on recently, it was a little hard to get overly excited about the promises being made yet once again, but I think quite a few people set aside those bad feeling towards Atari in hopes that things had changed, and this time would be different.

Wow! Yeah I want to know the excuse they will use to get out of this lie. The ditch is getting deeper and deeper as the days go by.

Indiglow
02-27-2015, 12:40 PM

You don't even have video of what the game is going to look like. You have like literally 3 screenshots and that's it. That's not enough info to make an informed decision on whether or not you want to buy a game.

At this point, if you buy the game or pre-order with the info you have now, you are only HOPING it's a game you want to play.

king_austin95
02-27-2015, 03:36 PM
You don't even have video of what the game is going to look like. You have like literally 3 screenshots and that's it. That's not enough info to make an informed decision on whether or not you want to buy a game.

At this point, if you buy the game or pre-order with the info you have now, you are only HOPING it's a game you want to play.

for me, if its a new RCT game, i'm GOING to get it. because its new

joeybolufe
02-27-2015, 06:02 PM

WHY WOULD YOU PRE-ORDER THIS?!? I don't understand why people pre order games anymore. It's not like steam or whatever store you're gonna buy this from is gonna run out of digital copies. They only have like 5 screenshots and one teaser video and haven't even announced any pre-order bonuses. This is why big publishers make crazy DLC and stuff because people just throw their money at anything.

Taizen
02-27-2015, 10:05 PM
Still nothing... *sigh*

king_austin95
02-27-2015, 10:56 PM
Still nothing... *sigh*

its up. take a look

Donell
02-28-2015, 06:07 AM
I didn't say that I Wanted a sim city style game you need to read it properly

EricDoe
02-28-2015, 07:20 AM
WHY WOULD YOU PRE-ORDER THIS?!? I don't understand why people pre order games anymore. It's not like steam or whatever store you're gonna buy this from is gonna run out of digital copies. They only have like 5 screenshots and one teaser video and haven't even announced any pre-order bonuses. This is why big publishers make crazy DLC and stuff because people just throw their money at anything.

Well first of all, I've played like 4 games in my life: RCT1-3 and Lego Batman. As you can see I'm not very active in the gaming community - and even if it doesn't make sense to you that people pre-order - it's their choice. So why DID I pre-order? Because I'm not following every blog and every announcement 'cause I'm pretty busy with work. So to make sure I don't miss the release date, I decided to pre-order. Besides, you do realise that Amazon doesn't charge until they actually send you the package, right? So I didn't throw my money at anything, yet. ;)

From what I've seen in the teaser, the 4 screenshots, the cover and concept arts, I'm pretty sure the game will deliver on MY expectations. So, please let me enjoy my naivete. Just because RCT4 (never played it) was a major disappointment to many users doesn't mean RCTW will make the same mistakes. For starters, it's not an app for your phone. :p

h3232321
03-06-2015, 12:33 PM
I hope to launch Chinese version :(

darkhorizon
03-06-2015, 12:46 PM
...For starters, it's not an app for your phone. :p

Definitely looks like one, though...

snowyday
09-28-2015, 10:00 PM
The Coster building tool sounds awesome