PDA

View Full Version : Personal preferences

rockhpi
02-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Just some random personal preferences:

-Has anyone mentioned being able to ride the coasters you build, like in RCT3? I really loved that feature but didn't see anything about it in RCTW. (oops - right at the bottom of the RCT homepage - never mind)

-I prefer to just have daytime operations, or the option to turn off the night. I seem to remember that not working correctly in RCT3.

-I miss the hedge maze from RCT2!!! I loved making them too big and demoralizing the peeps (normally, I'm nice to them but there was something fun about confusing them in a custom-built maze...). I was disappointed that it wasn't in RCT3.

-I was never very interested in the scenarios. I like a sandbox mode that still requires me to run the place as a business...so as much land as I want but I still have to keep the park profitable. I like designing the park to my desires, not "build X number of this kind of ride on a tiny plot of land and meet this goal". I like to start small and earn enough to build bigger, better rides and end up with a sprawling park.

-I very rarely looked at what the groups of peeps were doing or the pictures they took, etc. I do enjoy seeing them react when they exit the ride.

-I'm less-interested in water rides and animal attractions and more focused on thrill rides. I do enjoy creating attractive landscapes and complex topographical features (tunnels, arches, etc.).

I suppose that's all for now-just personal opinions.

RCTW1
02-05-2015, 01:26 PM
I like most of your ideas.
For daylight, I'd just click on the sun icon.
I do like water rides, not so much the pools and slides, but the coaster "inspired" rides.
I like the animal aspect sometimes, especially when I send a tiger loose. Mwa-hahahaha!

BeerWhiskers
02-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Ah, hedge mazes... I miss those. (Wistful sigh)

rockhpi
02-06-2015, 01:14 PM
If I remember correctly though, you had to set the empty scenario up for daylight only and if you forgot to do that, changing it in-game didn't work. I think it was a bug that was never fixed.