PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mattlab/Dev

coaster6
02-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Never mind this thread

dwwilkin
02-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Mattlab and Dre who have been our contacts may have other things they are doing to create the game then being a full time Community/PR person for this project. Perhaps the budget doesn't have in it a human resource to respond 80 hours or more a week to us in the forums. Perhaps the timeline is geared heavily to secrecy as if this were an Apple product.

BigDaddy
02-04-2015, 02:32 PM
full time? 80 hours? what are you talking about? Someone could easily come in here and answer a few questions in under 30 mins a day at lunch. How is it people like us, who have full time jobs and careers, still find time to ask questions and check the forums at least a few times a week, but those who's main interest and career comes from answering their consumer base dont have time for it? I don't buy it for a second. It's just poor product management and consumer relations.

dwwilkin
02-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Daddy, i am spending 3 or more hours a day just following everything and I am out on disability just trying to take care of myself. Now if they wanted to hire me to be the interface... Seriously, if they have a set of guidelines they are following, a timetable of what they will release, that could have a lot to it. Perhaps not wanting to confirm a feature that might get yanked because it hasn't been locked in...

BigDaddy
02-04-2015, 02:48 PM
3 hours to follow what? There is no information here. I have worked and continue to work in software for going on 25 years. It's not some secret NASA type creation process some make it out to be.
Most of these questions here are pretty simple stuff. If I had to guess this game is just one big mess, with one contractor obviously missing or not living up to the contract, the bickering, the potential lawsuits that follow, a new unproven team being dumped all the assets, they are obviously overwhelmed trying to figure out what they have, what they need, and so forth. What I dont get, is why not just be open and honest about any of this. Consumers, and fans are very very forgiving and supporting if you just are open and honest with them with what is happening.

As far as for answering questions about features , it is simple, There are 3 industry answers.
1) Yes, at this time we are planning on offering such a feature at launch
2) we would like to and plan to offer this feature at a future date, but at this point it will not be available at launch
3) At this time, this feature is not part of our current feature list, but we value everyones feedback as future content will be based on our community wants and desires.

simple, 3 answers. Notice you NEVER say no in software. Even if it's the stupidest idea you ever heard.

dwwilkin
02-04-2015, 02:51 PM
They were not open an honest when they blew up with Frontier. And we had a lot of angst then as well in the forums.

It takes me the 3+ hours each day to read all the new material Park Managers are posting here, I do it at 6-7 am my time, then a little like now throughout the day though ignore more until late at night when I could be paying close attention to all the sitcoms and dramadies...

bctrainers
02-04-2015, 04:42 PM
As a reminder to anyone here on these forums, if you find a post that violates the forum rules, click the little https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/images/metro/blue/buttons/report-40b.png icon at the bottom left of the post. On the second page, input the rules violated or what's wrong with the post, we'll take a look into it. :)

coaster6
02-04-2015, 06:22 PM
sorry was there anything wromg with this post?:)

Noahjsc
02-04-2015, 07:16 PM
If you look through a lot of post you can see they sre replying.