PDA

View Full Version : Which RCT do you most identify with?

RCM88x
02-01-2015, 01:37 AM
Simple question, what RCT do you most identify with and/or have played the most?

jackk
02-01-2015, 04:18 AM
3 is my favorite.

NickNem
02-01-2015, 07:37 AM
I've voted for rct1 because it has the best scenarious (and of course the childtime-nostalgia factor). 3 is my second-favorite because of the great 3D immersion and the tons of opportunities to create a "real" theme-park...but the campaign is really boring ;)

garretslarrity
02-01-2015, 10:41 AM
I chose 3. I never played 2, and I almost never played 1 since I got 3. More and more, the memories of 1 are fading, but the memories of 3 are still somewhat clear.

king_austin95
02-01-2015, 10:49 AM
i own EVERY SINGLE ONE. including the expansion packs. ^_^ i kinda like 3 the best.

Wabigbear
02-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Own and played all three. I continued to play RCT2 well after RCT3 was released, but once custom content became a reality I pretty much just played RCT3. And still do.

ThePhoenix911
02-01-2015, 02:49 PM
I personally dislike the 'advanced' graphics that RCT3 brought to the franchise and still consider RCT2 by far the best iteration. Some things should stay simple...2D can be just as feature-ful and advanced as 3D graphics, without it looking like crap.

king_austin95
02-01-2015, 04:14 PM
I personally dislike the 'advanced' graphics that RCT3 brought to the franchise and still consider RCT2 by far the best iteration. Some things should stay simple...2D can be just as feature-ful and advanced as 3D graphics, without it looking like crap.

i liked the 3d. they're doing this game in 3d, are you mad about that?
it will probably look a lot better than 3 did

RCTW1
02-01-2015, 06:12 PM
RCT3 is definitely my favorite.

ThePhoenix911
02-01-2015, 08:29 PM
i liked the 3d. they're doing this game in 3d, are you mad about that?
it will probably look a lot better than 3 did

Not really...they seem to be adding more realism to the 3D rendering which can possibly make it work. The issue I had with 3 was that it was almost a cartoon and I felt like I was playing old school Sim Theme Park.

3D can work, if it's done right. RCT3 IMO was not.

a-can-o-beans
02-01-2015, 10:48 PM
RCT2 to this day is the game is the series i tell people to play if they want the full rct experience. but i have faith rctw could take that spot. assuming everything isnt as childish as they were in rct3

RCM88x
02-01-2015, 11:31 PM
RCT2 to this day is the game is the series i tell people to play if they want the full rct experience. but i have faith rctw could take that spot. assuming everything isnt as childish as they were in rct3
I agree completely, however, from the tiny bit we know so far I have almost 0 confidence in this game. Kind of getting the feeling its going to be a more like Thrillville than RCT.

Sangheili
02-02-2015, 02:35 AM
RCM i'm hopping they stay away from Thrillville, Don't get me wrong it's a fun game but very limited with "power" and other items in that game. It's starting to look like thrillville when no ones dies when you forget to add a track piece, it was not my fault, I blame it on the construction company :P

king_austin95
02-02-2015, 06:25 AM
Not really...they seem to be adding more realism to the 3D rendering which can possibly make it work. The issue I had with 3 was that it was almost a cartoon and I felt like I was playing old school Sim Theme Park.

3D can work, if it's done right. RCT3 IMO was not.

i honestly don't mind or care if it looks cartoony. it's a game. not hi tech software used by experts. just a game

ThePhoenix911
02-02-2015, 01:15 PM
^That's your preference and there's nothing wrong with that. Me on the other hand, I want something that looks like the game is respectable, and not a cheap attempt at making a game for 12 year olds (no offense to 12 year olds).

I've also seen Nintendo go cartoony with Zelda in windwaker, and I'm not a fan of that style either, I always found Zelda to be a teen/adult styled game, and when they cartoonized him in Windwaker, it's as if they wanted to appeal to children instead.

Again just preference of tastes. I prefer realism (not necessarily to the extent of NoLimits as thats a simulation not a 'game'), and not cartoony style games. RCTW so far looks like a good compromise between RCT3's cartoony-ness and the realness that I prefer.

BigDaddy
02-02-2015, 03:26 PM
RTC 3 along with its expansions are Classics. Among the best computer games I have ever played.

Najellin
02-03-2015, 10:51 PM
2 is the one I've clocked in the most hours playing. The scenarios in 3 are way too easy. 1 was good for it's time. Been playing 3 a lot to get my fix before World comes out! I am starting to come around to liking 3 the best simply because of how customizable it is.

Pony Clark
02-04-2015, 08:50 AM
I voted for 3, because this definatly is the game, I spend the most time with. I did play 2 for around 2 years, but then I got 3 and this game stuck for round about 7-8 years by now. Sooooooooooo, you could say that Tycoon 3 is my favorite game of all time (so far)

SparkyUK
02-04-2015, 08:56 AM
The first one was simply epic, for me. It was completely new. The second one added to it, but being able to have it in 3D was the best version. Just a pity it was so buggy and had some silly logic flaws.

Carl-
02-05-2015, 12:38 AM
Loved all of them, but RCT3 was my absolute fave! <3