PDA

View Full Version : generic theme

king_austin95
01-31-2015, 12:12 AM
i know there are four different themes we can use, but will there be generic stuff with no theme if we don't want to use a theme?

Marvin
01-31-2015, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I was wondering this also.

king_austin95
01-31-2015, 12:59 AM
i would think there would be. i hope there is

dwwilkin
01-31-2015, 02:55 AM
I think that at first we wont see that. We may get some rides in each set that are duplicates with just the different theming, and some rides that are so lightly themed that they would be generic.

king_austin95
01-31-2015, 10:16 AM
why wouldn't we see generic?? its not even a theme, its just no theme at all

dwwilkin
01-31-2015, 10:38 AM
Because they announced 4 themes, but have so far made no mention of generic

king_austin95
01-31-2015, 10:40 AM
yeah but generic ISN'T a theme. they had generic stuff in rct3

Menno
01-31-2015, 11:51 AM
Well what is 'generic' anyway? Generic isn't really a theme, just a lack of one. But I think no theme park ride is ever without some form of theme. But I think based on the few screen shots we've seen that the Americana theme is what comes close to what you would call generic.

king_austin95
01-31-2015, 12:08 PM
i guess. maybe

Gandalf
01-31-2015, 01:55 PM
I think before you start you will choose which theme you would like to play and for that theme do you want sandbox or just that theme. For sandbox you get the map for example "Space" the ground will be gray and aliens scenery etc. but you can build rides from Americana, Western etc. even tho you have a space map. Or it will put you a Space map and only Space theme rides will be available. There are few options but be all patience and wait for another dev log in 2 weeks :)

RCM88x
01-31-2015, 04:01 PM
Well what is 'generic' anyway? Generic isn't really a theme, just a lack of one. But I think no theme park ride is ever without some form of theme. But I think based on the few screen shots we've seen that the Americana theme is what comes close to what you would call generic.

Ever been to a Cedar Fair park? There is rarely a theme on most rides.
'
Plus, there is a difference between a "Theme Park" and "Amusement Park". A Theme park is like Disneyworld or Universal Studios. A "Amusement Park" is like Cedar point or Six Flags.

Hopefully this game will focus on Amusement Parks and not Theme Parks, because I could care less If everything I Pirate or Space themed if its confined, cartoonist and cheep. This is something RCT1/2 did very well, you weren't forced to make something a certain theme, objects could be used in a multitude of ways that didn't automatically distinguish an area as "Space" or "Western".

a-can-o-beans
02-01-2015, 11:04 PM
Ever been to a Cedar Fair park? There is rarely a theme on most rides.
'
Plus, there is a difference between a "Theme Park" and "Amusement Park". A Theme park is like Disneyworld or Universal Studios. A "Amusement Park" is like Cedar point or Six Flags.

Hopefully this game will focus on Amusement Parks and not Theme Parks, because I could care less If everything I Pirate or Space themed if its confined, cartoonist and cheep. This is something RCT1/2 did very well, you weren't forced to make something a certain theme, objects could be used in a multitude of ways that didn't automatically distinguish an area as "Space" or "Western".

said it perfectly