PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer

Ultramankiller
01-30-2015, 09:53 PM
The multiplayer is the key selling point for me on this game. I feel like they need to make sure it is a true multiplayer game. I saw how they said you can play with 4 players and have plots. I hope they don't mean like the newest sim city. Multiplayer in that game sucked it served no purpose. You should get one giant plot and everyone be able to build on it. Or have the different plots but allow for someone to join in and help you build yours. I don't want to have it like a single player game where I just get to view my friends park or ride his rides. I would actually want to build in his park. I hope that this is what they are planning on doing.

0BobTheJanitor
01-30-2015, 11:03 PM
Just as long as it's optional.

Sam223
01-31-2015, 07:34 AM
I always dreamed of a RCT multi-player similar to minecraft/starbound/terraria. Where multiple players could build simultaneously co-operatively on the same park. We could do it before with build>send park>build>send park back etc. Building at the same time would much improve that experience.

Even a drop in and contribute feature would be great. You could join a random game and help someone theme a ride,build a area then they give you something in return (in game cash?). Ability to region protect would stop people joining and destroying your masterpiece e.g google drive options. Anyone can view>anyone can edit>specific can edit.

I hope its not a system where you just compete against others with most guests/most money/most views etc similar to RCT4?

Ultramankiller
01-31-2015, 10:24 AM
Just as long as it's optional.

Like as long as multiplayer is optional? Or as in allowing your friends to build in your park? Because if that is what you are saying I don't understand the point in multiplayer lol.

dwwilkin
01-31-2015, 10:37 AM
Many wont want multiplayer because as designers, they have their vision of a park and if someone starts working in their world, and puts a bright yellow, and green ride where the color scheme has been something else, it might not be appreciated at all. Hence, optional.

Ultramankiller
01-31-2015, 10:49 AM
Many wont want multiplayer because as designers, they have their vision of a park and if someone starts working in their world, and puts a bright yellow, and green ride where the color scheme has been something else, it might not be appreciated at all. Hence, optional.

That is why multiplayer would be you play with friends not random people... You and your friends are able to discuss what you want...

ColossusInferno
01-31-2015, 02:45 PM
Multiplayer Park Competitions!

Whoever wins out of the 5 on a certain park theme on a small plot of land, wins ingame money or higher rep as a park creator, that would be so coooool!

WHaT4D
01-31-2015, 03:21 PM
Just make single player great please!! :)

Kaktus
01-31-2015, 04:11 PM
I do agree

Sangheili
03-05-2015, 06:34 PM
optional would be a fine for this

Ride only
Ride and Build with friends

I was thinking also random people can show up but they can only ride the rides and building will be on auto disable but the park owner can allow him to build temporary until he leaves

for each plot you/freinds can have people

Look
Ride
Ride and build

It would have been fine 4 small plots for each other and one main plot so you can all build together but other plots can be changed

VACkillers
03-05-2015, 06:44 PM
I'm quite excited about the multiplayer aspect but as someone pointed out I think as long as its optional and not an always online game but I'm gonna be cautious because I was also too really hyped when Sim City 2013 added multiplayer too and look what happened to that.

If it's done right it could be really awesome.

imiha
03-05-2015, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I agree, it would be awesome to show the park to your friends and ride the rides with them. Also building parks with online friends, would be awesome as well! I have no friends that are enthusiastic about rollercoaster in real life, so it would be so much fun to like talk on teamspeak and build, manage and explore the park together with some of you guys.

The Stig
03-05-2015, 09:47 PM
If it's done right it could be really awesome.

I think they proved today that they aren't doing it right.