PDA

View Full Version : Wished they'd post more news!

Chazzagm93
01-28-2015, 07:58 AM
It's getting annoying now, keep waking up checking the website for an update and they haven't posted nothing new , even though one of the administrators posted on a thread I was talking on saying they would be posting a lot of stuff this week. What a load of lies!

Bertje
01-28-2015, 09:19 AM
For me the fact that they barely give us any news was annoying. Now I'm just heavily annoyed by how terrible their marketing is and how it feels like they're not listening to us when we tell them to do something about it.

I'm a 19-year old guy and it seems like I know more about marketing then these 'veterans'. I mean, how hard is it to give us a specific day and time when they will be uploading a dev blog every week, just like Pipeworks did? And how hard is it to just give us some more information?

Sam223
01-28-2015, 09:36 AM
For me the fact that they barely give us any news was annoying. Now I'm just heavily annoyed by how terrible their marketing is and how it feels like they're not listening to us when we tell them to do something about it.

I'm a 19-year old guy and it seems like I know more about marketing then these 'veterans'. I mean, how hard is it to give us a specific day and time when they will be uploading a dev blog every week, just like Pipeworks did? And how hard is it to just give us some more information?
I suspect there is very little to show,which is why they are so tight lipped. Better to say 'coming soon' and keep people talking here than 'in game screen shots coming in 6 months' and everyone leave. Same reason the teaser trailer features no actual game footage,just a video of a real ride.

Taizen
01-28-2015, 12:49 PM
I suspect there is very little to show,which is why they are so tight lipped. Better to say 'coming soon' and keep people talking here than 'in game screen shots coming in 6 months' and everyone leave. Same reason the teaser trailer features no actual game footage,just a video of a real ride.

Then why lie to consumers by giving them a early 2015 release date? That's what's most upsetting.

Sam223
01-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Then why lie to consumers by giving them a early 2015 release date? That's what's most upsetting.
To get people talking on the forums,generating hype.
Would you be here with the current info atari/area52 (ignore pipeworks,theyre long gone) have provided, if the release date was set at 2017?

Thats why im here anyway,hoping for a early 2015 release,with a sudden burst of info just before the game goes gold. But i very much doubt it.

Mattlab
01-28-2015, 01:55 PM
Will be on a plane tomorrow traveling to the studio and plan to finish up this week's blog post at the time! I know a bunch of people have been asking about release dates, pre-orders, betas, etc and we will talk about that in an upcoming post but not this next one. This week's post will be about 'building' will I will highlight the coaster editor as part of it. I will also talk about some of the rides, attractions, and other things in the game.

Marvin
01-28-2015, 02:00 PM
Will be on a plane tomorrow traveling to the studio and plan to finish up this week's blog post at the time! I know a bunch of people have been asking about release dates, pre-orders, betas, etc and we will talk about that in an upcoming post but not this next one. This week's post will be about 'building' will I will highlight the coaster editor as part of it. I will also talk about some of the rides, attractions, and other things in the game.

Will there be screenshots of any coasters?

Also, is there any reason for not telling us the dates beforehand? I don't think anyone would get mad if you just said "the next blog post is coming in 2 weeks" or "the next blog post will be next Friday." It would be appreciated, actually.

Mattlab
01-28-2015, 02:20 PM
Will there be screenshots of any coasters?

Also, is there any reason for not telling us the dates beforehand? I don't think anyone would get mad if you just said "the next blog post is coming in 2 weeks" or "the next blog post will be next Friday." It would be appreciated, actually.

We hope to have a pretty regular cadence of blog posts and more but we can't say when they come as things are always subject to change, that said you can expect them to be pretty regular.

Bertje
01-28-2015, 06:17 PM
Thank you for your replies Mattlab! I've seen that you have answered many questions today and posted a lot of comments. Keep that up, that's what we've all been asking for!

Marvin
01-28-2015, 06:43 PM
We hope to have a pretty regular cadence of blog posts and more but we can't say when they come as things are always subject to change, that said you can expect them to be pretty regular.

Thanks for the reply! That's all we really want - regular updates on a game we're all looking forward to :D

ExtraCheese
01-28-2015, 06:53 PM
Yes thanks for all the replies Matt. Please keep that up and dont wait 3 weeks before you say something again :P

Mattlab
01-28-2015, 07:47 PM
Yes thanks for all the replies Matt. Please keep that up and dont wait 3 weeks before you say something again :P

We will try not to take so long between posts! Super busy working with the team on the game! That said we are going to try and do more blogs, chats, etc.

Thompso
01-28-2015, 11:05 PM
So Friday there will be a blog?

PixelPlayer
01-29-2015, 02:10 AM

Its good to show what you decided not to keep in the game, encase players wish to have it return in the future for patches... its better to be open about your creativity...plus its nice to see how games are made and the process they go through. Hope this becomes a weekly thing :)

A video of a tour of the team so we can see the hero's making the game would be nice too and perhaps a "ask the devs" where we can ask devs questions on what they are working on. Thats always fun. Or maybe embed a live chat into the forums, so devs can randomly join and say hello to who ever is online too.

ExtraCheese
01-29-2015, 04:26 AM
Great idea's PixelPlayer, that would definitely give the community interaction a massive boost.