PDA

View Full Version : Screenshot Analisys

BeerWhiskers
01-26-2015, 10:20 PM
Forgive me if this is old news - I had not seen this screenshot before yesterday.

If this is an actual in-game screenshot, there are some cool things that I would like to point out. This is purely speculation based on what I see in the image. Again- I hope this isn't old information.

A - (3 examples) The Ferris Wheel, what looks to be a ride entrance toward the left rear, and a building between them are clearly not at 90 degree angles to each other. To my eye this looks like free-form rotation for these objects.

B - (2 examples) Right of Ferris Wheel: This tree appears to be placed on open ground. There is no grid space at the base of the tree. Left side: Looks like some street lamps placed on open ground. See point E for the follow-up.

C - (3 examples) Left and right of Ferris Wheel - landscape features that appear to be placed at free-form rotations.

D - (Upper Left) The hill for the coaster has a very straight incline (?) -something that can be tricky with spline-based track editors. The top of the hill and start of the curve down to the right look like placed track sections (very familiar), but the end of the hill and curve are elongated- again suggesting spline manipulation. Best of both worlds? This makes me very eager to see the coaster editor!

E - Peeps moving around on open ground! -looks like if might be a paving-stone surface. In fact, there don't appear to be any paths at all in this image! So these are peeps navigating open ground to get around the park.

F - (2 examples) Right and Left of Ferris Wheel. Peeps have queued up for the Ferris Wheel without there being a formal queue line! Perhaps there's a defined queue area that is not visible, but I don't think so. Look at how the queue lines meander a bit- this looks like a simple AI-formed line! This is cool!

AUS_Twisted
01-27-2015, 12:46 AM
I believe that part of the old video was from a rendered scene and not a in game real time shot like has been shown later on.

dwwilkin
01-27-2015, 11:43 AM
Check out this analysis that came out just after the screenshots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbSmK8SiaMg