PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Content for Pre Orders

ncutt010
01-18-2015, 01:44 AM
Many games offer bonus content for those who pre-order them.

Without knowing much about the game yet I understand the concern that many have pre-ordering this game.

Is bonus content a good idea for preorders ?

a-can-o-beans
01-18-2015, 01:56 AM
Many games offer bonus content for those who pre-order them.

Without knowing much about the game yet I understand the concern that many have pre-ordering this game.

Would bonus content for this game help persuade your decision to pre-order? Is it a good idea?

I just thought I'd throw this idea out there for developers..

its a terrible idea. this is the kind of stuff i cant stand seeing in games because im one of those people that wants to enjoy ALL of the game. and if i didnt preorder soon enough to get the bonus content then i feel left out. we should absolutely not get pre order bonuses

sam_93
01-18-2015, 06:37 PM
I think this is a great idea! Even if the pre-ordered games just got a little added bonus like an exclusive scenario or something. :)

Indiglow
01-18-2015, 07:02 PM
Yes - but it shouldn't be anything that other people can't get later. Maybe something special like a border or something, but nothing like an extra ride or anything because that's not fun if you don't get the pre-order...

Thompso
01-18-2015, 11:00 PM
-NO- its not fair that a person can get in game content like extra scenarios simply because they orderd it early before it's available in stores.

Nothing wrong with an RCW bonus walkthrough tutrial guide that may tell you more features of the game.

But to have more content like Coasters, buildings, mascots,flat rides and other content seems as if its cheating people who decide to be patient enough to wait until release date and pick up the game in stores off the shelf.

Jamppa158
01-20-2015, 04:30 PM
If the bonus content is eyecandy only, same stuff with different skins etc. or hats for TF2, I wouldn't mind.

RCTW1
01-20-2015, 04:41 PM
No, it's a poor lesson to this gen and younger to always expect extras for pre-orders. As if getting pre-orders is bad enough.
People get pre-orders or 1st day launch items, then gripe because it doesn't work correctly and/or not enough stuff for it.

ParadeOfHorror
01-20-2015, 06:01 PM
Pre order and get a mascot and maybe a flat ride or rollercoaster. I think that seems fair enough

a-can-o-beans
01-20-2015, 11:36 PM
no no no no no no no no. absolutely no pre order bonuses. maybe some art or early access testing but absolutely no extra in game content over those who cant afford to buy early or dont want to buy early

ThePhoenix911
01-21-2015, 12:17 AM
Overall, I believe pre-order bonuses are a great means of securing more orders from the get-go, and gives an overall estimate on the success of the launch before it takes place. Whether it be a special attraction or two, a separate theme type, different scenarios...all of these are small things that IMO don't compromise the base game too unfairly for those that are unable to make the pre-order deadline. However to say someone missed the pre-order time, typically there are months in which pre-orders can be made...if you missed it, then you weren't paying enough attention to the game development anyways, so you probably won't notice what you aren't getting regardless.

However, I do believe a better stategy is to have what other companies have done in the past, have Digital Deluxe Editions or whatever you want to call it, and have those for sale alongside the regular product at launch that may have added themes, attraction sets, scenarios, etc. This makes it 'fair' for those that complain pre-order bonuses are fair, and they provide an extra source of revenue for the developer. The recent Sim City comes to mind in particular...and although SC got mostly negative reviews, I think they got a lot right in the game structure, and just followed through poorly at launch and post-launch.

Just my two cents.

ncutt010
01-21-2015, 12:42 AM
Overall, I believe pre-order bonuses are a great means of securing more orders from the get-go, and gives an overall estimate on the success of the launch before it takes place. Whether it be a special attraction or two, a separate theme type, different scenarios...all of these are small things that IMO don't compromise the base game too unfairly for those that are unable to make the pre-order deadline. However to say someone missed the pre-order time, typically there are months in which pre-orders can be made...if you missed it, then you weren't paying enough attention to the game development anyways, so you probably won't notice what you aren't getting regardless....

I agree, as long as they have enough pre-order copys available for everyone who wants one then I'm ok with something small being added as bonus content.

For example, FIFA preorders get a couple free FUT Gold Packs. I dont see anything wrong with that.

It alls comes down to it being a marketing strategy, and to be honest its a pretty darn good one

DisneylandFan
01-21-2015, 07:42 AM
I like the idea of a pre-order bonus. It helps the game create revenue and marketing.

Dre_Roberts
01-22-2015, 03:57 PM
This a great discussion thread as we are currently in meetings talking about Pre Sales and what a pre order will look like.

Keep sharing your thoughts!
-Dre

ThePhoenix911
01-22-2015, 04:03 PM
I recommend launching Steam Early access with a little bit of bonus content. Consider little has been given so far, I can't really say what those should be, but possible examples as I already mentioned, special buildings, attractions and themes otherwise not available as good..or new scenario. Depending on if you guys have things that cost in-game currency that you would consider premium currency, maybe include some funds for pre-orders above what is offered at start.

Using Steam Early access allows input in place of a beta, secures orders as a pre-order would, and you have backing of the Steam community.

Bellri
01-22-2015, 06:44 PM
As someone who waits for plenty of reviews before buying (remember SimCity 2013?), I'm not a big fan of pre-order bonuses, especially if it's for content that is otherwise unavailable to anyone else.

a-can-o-beans
01-22-2015, 09:55 PM
I recommend launching Steam Early access with a little bit of bonus content. Consider little has been given so far, I can't really say what those should be, but possible examples as I already mentioned, special buildings, attractions and themes otherwise not available as good..or new scenario. Depending on if you guys have things that cost in-game currency that you would consider premium currency, maybe include some funds for pre-orders above what is offered at start.

Using Steam Early access allows input in place of a beta, secures orders as a pre-order would, and you have backing of the Steam community.

no. no premium currency. this should be a full price game with no micro transactions.

ThePhoenix911
01-22-2015, 10:05 PM
I didn't mean it in the sense of micro-transactions. I am completely against micro-transactions in the sense of mobile gaming and premium currency.

When I mentioned that, I meant as in the fact the original RCT 1/2 had in game currency that came from the park's income and sales. I can't speak for 3 because I never played it; always found it too cartoon-y. Again, since a full set of features hasn't been announced, I was alluding to a possibility of maybe there are quests that can be accomplished that provide a 'premium' currency or ride 'R&D Fund' that would be separate from the general money you earn in game. Just a random idea based on an idea that has not been mentioned, but IF they did have something along those lines, providing a bonus in-game currency amount, similiar to what Grand Theft Auto V PC pre-orders are doing (currently offering $1m in-game currency, $500k local game, $500k in GTA Online).

ncutt010
01-23-2015, 02:28 AM
OK guys so lets get one thing straight. Game companies (included Atari) want as many customers possible to pre-order. Without bonus-content theres no reason to pre-order this game. When released most people will download it from steam rather than buy a hard copy so there will be enough for every one to buy (or at least download) on day 1.

If you cant pre-order due to financial issues, or if u afraid to pre-order because ur waiting for reviews then it sounds like a personal issue to me. Remember you can always cancel your preorder.

I'm not for or against bonus content. Im just saying if they offer bonus content I will most likely pre-order the game. If they don't then there's no incentive and I will not pre-order it.

Here are some bonus content ideas that wont make or break the game if you if you dont pre-order:

Be a part of the ALPHA test team. (you will get great feedback since you'll most likely be getting the real rct fans)
Early Access to the game
Extra Scenario
Extra Flat Ride
Extra Coaster

a-can-o-beans
01-23-2015, 03:56 AM
OK guys so lets get one thing straight. Game companies (included Atari) want as many customers possible to pre-order. Without bonus-content theres no reason to pre-order this game. When released most people will download it from steam rather than buy a hard copy so there will be enough for every one to buy (or at least download) on day 1.

If you cant pre-order due to financial issues, or if u afraid to pre-order because ur waiting for reviews then it sounds like a personal issue to me. Remember you can always cancel your preorder.

I'm not for or against bonus content. Im just saying if they offer bonus content I will most likely pre-order the game. If they don't then there's no incentive and I will not pre-order it.

Here are some bonus content ideas that wont make or break the game if you if you dont pre-order:

Be a part of the ALPHA test team. (you will get great feedback since you'll most likely be getting the real rct fans)
Early Access to the game
Extra Scenario
Extra Flat Ride
Extra Coaster

adding extra content that nobody else can get is a terrible idea. could you imagine what it would have done to the game if the extended coaster from rct3 was a pre order exclusive? how many people would have been playing the game today? the problem with pre order content is that it leaves out everyone else who waits. pre order content should NOT be a driving force in why you buy a game but ONLY the content the game will have at launch. now MAYBE if they allowed those who buy the game later to maybe buy these pre order bonuses i would be okay with it. the only acceptable pre order bonuses to me are extra art work, a nicer game case or a guide book etc. not extra content for the game.

Wabigbear
01-23-2015, 05:46 AM
A large number of people are going to pre-order this title no matter what, as can be seen in the large number of posts stating that RCT:w is "amazing" based on little but wishful thinking.

Word of mouth about the beta and additional information whenever it trickles out of Atari will likely be more of a deciding factor for the rest than having something special dangled in front of us.

That being said, RCT3 included "three professionally designed coasters that were created exclusively for the game" as downloads for those who pre-booked it, so there is precedent, as well as a playable demo download that was released two months before the the game itself came out.

dwwilkin
01-23-2015, 12:00 PM

Early Access to the game
Extra Scenario
Extra Flat Ride
Extra Coaster

I agree with your analysis of reasons, but the list I would tweak
I would not do Alpha membership. This could clutter up the feedback system. I think Alpha and Beta have to be a manageable group. When we had the Beta Tests of Soaked and Wild, the forums we had there were cluttered with just the Peeps we had in the group. So you not only spent hours playtesting, you also spent hours reading the threads to try and ensure that great bug you just found hadn't been reported and documented already. Can you imagine if Mattlab and Dre get inundated with a report about the backwards dancing Mascot and it is labeled that way, or Mascot can't see guests, or Mascot walks into walls (all because it walks backwards) and other ways of writing it up since an open Alpha (which all you need to do is pre-order) can have a massive amount of gamers in it

Early Access can be a two edged sword. Reviews with a lot of thumbs down can be generated. There is a timing issue. TPS for instance should not have been released and sold so far ahead of it being ready to be used

1 Extra Scenario--I think perhaps 15%+ more scenario time. That is to say, if there are 10 scenarios that they think will each take 2 hours, 20 hours of game play, I would add 2 scenarios for a preorder. If gameplay is going to be 50 hours in scenarios, then 7.5 hours more of scenarios. Perhaps even Developer created park, playsets that work well, but are not going to make it into the game as a completed scenario

As for Flat rides and Coasters, again I would make that proportional. X % of the total more.

But really, I think the thing that would sell a pre-order would be thinking of what is the planned DLC release schedule and choosing one aspect and releasing that. Say the European Theme so Pre-Order gamers get 5 themes, not four.

Or as we discuss the ideas of Parades, and that is on the schedule as a feature to be added, you can get it here, or wait until that $9.99 piece is released for Xmas 2015 and buy it then. With such a piece, when you video your park and share it, gamers will know that you preordered, and have some really unique content to take pride of place in ahead of many others,

Odeon
01-24-2015, 02:50 AM
Preorder bonus is always a nice addition to a game. Most people here seem to say they don't want it because they might not get it and then they won't have the bonus while other will.

That's not only childish and selfish, but that's also the point of a preorder bonus: to reward those willing to take a leap of faith (especially true now, with the lack of communication and everything).

Extra mascot, different skins for a ride, a new scenario, original soundtrack, a key for an older RCT game on Steam...Lots of things to chose from.

Also, please don't do the Early Access thing. I think it's too late for alpha/beta included in a preorder bonus (unless you delay release by 6 months and give us a date now); but Steam early access...

Everyday we get at least one "new" Early Access game on Steam. Usually more. And people now see that sometimes, those games won't ever be finished, developpers won't ever listen to them, games won't ever turn out as promised.

In other words, cash grabs. That's more and more what people say early access has become. If you go there, you might get some money quickly, but the feedback won't be all that great (people just want to play at that point, Steam even had to make an announcement about it stating that early access games should be sold/bought "as is" instead of the promise of a future game); and it would probably not benefit your image...

AUS_Twisted
01-25-2015, 12:55 AM
Has anyone here considered what will happen over multi-player if one person has certain content and another doesn't?

To talk about pre-order content when there is absolutely no video footage of the game at this stage is ridicules if you ask me. There's no screenshots of how anything actually works in the game as yet, UI, coaster designer etc and people discussing pre-order content? lol

a-can-o-beans
01-25-2015, 01:22 AM
Has anyone here considered what will happen over multi-player if one person has certain content and another doesn't?

To talk about pre-order content when there is absolutely no video footage of the game at this stage is ridicules if you ask me. There's no screenshots of how anything actually works in the game as yet, UI, coaster designer etc and people discussing pre-order content? lol

THANK YOU!!! people are asking about preorders but dont even know what the game has to offer

PixelPlayer
01-25-2015, 02:09 AM

People are materialistic and easily pleased in this world these days - hense the existance of micro transactions on app games.

a-can-o-beans
01-25-2015, 05:37 AM
People are materialistic and easily pleased in this world these days - hense the existance of micro transactions on app games.

You are absolutely correct

arnaudober
01-25-2015, 07:03 AM

Early Access to the game
Extra Scenario
Extra Flat Ride
Extra Coaster

Why not Music Download in mp3 too? :)

[GER] Sparta Fan
01-25-2015, 10:28 AM
It is a very great Idea

ncutt010
01-25-2015, 10:32 AM

same could be said for threads discussion expansion/dlc ideas. But this isn't a new series. Its' Roller Coaster Tyccon!! And we've all play RCT in the past. Even though we dont know much about the game we can all pretty much assume what the game will be like. You will be be able build roller coasters, there will be scenarios, there will be money management, etc. We dont need screenshots/videos to know that. Dre_Roberts said he is currently in meetings discussing this topic so we're just here gathering some thoughts

Dont think this will be an issue considering multiplayer parks will be broken up into 4 segments connected by monorail (much like disney world). Each segment a different player will have control over. I dont understand how this is a big problem? Other multiplayer games out there offer bonus content and there seems to be no issues.

Wabigbear
01-25-2015, 02:05 PM
But multi-layer parks may not have to be divided up that way - in many competitions and collab parks more than one person often might work on just one area of a park. Hopefully that ability will continue,it's an important part of game play for many.

And the 'problem' is that if someone has bonus content installed - for instance special scenery or a ride - and they use that in their park, will anyone downloading that park file also need that item?

In RCT3 the answer is 'yes'. Will it be the same answer in RCTw?

If no one ever shares a park file, either as a download of a completed park or sharing a park in a contest or collab effort, then there isn't a 'big problem', but if people do any of those things (and right now many do...), then there IS, unless the game works differently.

Mattlab
01-28-2015, 02:34 PM
We love to see these kinds of discussions on our forums as they do help us drive what we finally do end up announcing. That said I can confirm that this game will in fact have a pre-order phase. Without giving away too many details at this point we are going to include a few items that only players who pre-order the product can get. It is not something that will give you an unfair advantage over another player but it is something that any fan of the game will appreciate. We want users to want to pre-order the game and to be rewarded for doing so. In addition, it will be one of the ways to guarantee your way into the preview and beta.

Sam223
01-28-2015, 02:39 PM
We love to see these kinds of discussions on our forums as they do help us drive what we finally do end up announcing. That said I can confirm that this game will in fact have a pre-order phase. Without giving away too many details at this point we are going to include a few items that only players who pre-order the product can get. It is not something that will give you an unfair advantage over another player but it is something that any fan of the game will appreciate. We want users to want to pre-order the game and to be rewarded for doing so. In addition, it will be one of the ways to guarantee your way into the preview and beta.
Will these pre order bonuses effect how people share their creations with people who dont pre order?

Mattlab
01-28-2015, 03:04 PM
Will these pre order bonuses effect how people share their creations with people who dont pre order?

It will not, like I said pre-order bonuses are for the fans to get something special for purchasing the game early but it will not affect core functionality. Everyone will be able to play the game the same regardless of when they purchase. That said we are making sure we give something extra to the fans for pre-ordering the game. Plus you will be able to get into the beta!

Sangheili
01-31-2015, 01:12 AM
I never really cared for in game content rather i prefer the real world items like a package that includes skins for computer,keychain, maybe also pictures for background on your computer, or a special mug (just don't use a cheap skin covers on mugs thats not dishwasher safe)sad experience with that one. someone put my mug in the dishwasher and the skin came off.

dwwilkin
01-31-2015, 02:11 AM
In addition, it will be one of the ways to guarantee your way into the preview and beta.

Why I can understand that promising Beta participation as a way to get pre-order sales

Managing Beta participators is something I would think you would want to control. Look for a set of demographics whose feedback you need. As well as those who have spent time with the previous games for comparison purposes and feedback on how the transition, learning curve, acceptance of RCTW will be

Indiglow
01-31-2015, 03:09 AM
Why I can understand that promising Beta participation as a way to get pre-order sales

Managing Beta participators is something I would think you would want to control. Look for a set of demographics whose feedback you need. As well as those who have spent time with the previous games for comparison purposes and feedback on how the transition, learning curve, acceptance of RCTW will be

maybe they will do that in addition to pre-orders.

They said pre-ordering is a way to guarantee your way in....which means there might be other ways in.

unclekrusty
01-31-2015, 11:59 PM
Are the pre-order bonuses exclusive to pre-orders, or will they eventually be available to people who didn't pre-order?

ThePhoenix911
02-01-2015, 03:16 AM
Another thing to consider as well, although the user base is much larger allowing pre-orders beta access vs targeted community, it provides a larger base to test the multi-player features that have been emphasisized as being a key component. SImCity tried doing testing with the Multiplayer/online aspect and it bit them in the ass anyways.

JMR
02-01-2015, 09:13 AM
I personally will be pre-ordering, regardless of any perks. :cool:

king_austin95
02-01-2015, 11:12 AM
i don't want people that pre ordered the game to be able to get a scenario, coaster, flat ride, stall, etc. that i can't get if i don't preorder. it should be something that people that didn't preorder can get later on via paying extra for it or something

ThePhoenix911
02-01-2015, 02:45 PM
i don't want people that pre ordered the game to be able to get a scenario, coaster, flat ride, stall, etc. that i can't get if i don't preorder. it should be something that people that didn't preorder can get later on via paying extra for it or something

If you are given two options:

A - Preorder (Includes item X, Y, Z) and cost is $X
and
B - At Release (Does not include item X, Y, Z) and cost is still $X

It's your decision and desire not to invest in the game ahead of time. You're not paying extra, so you actively decided not to pre-order and to get that added content...how is that unfair for you because others were willing to pay for it earlier than you wanted? Instead you should want to buy the game first opportunity you get and be gracious for any perks they decided to give you for it.

king_austin95
02-01-2015, 04:08 PM
If you are given two options:

A - Preorder (Includes item X, Y, Z) and cost is $X
and
B - At Release (Does not include item X, Y, Z) and cost is still $X

It's your decision and desire not to invest in the game ahead of time. You're not paying extra, so you actively decided not to pre-order and to get that added content...how is that unfair for you because others were willing to pay for it earlier than you wanted? Instead you should want to buy the game first opportunity you get and be gracious for any perks they decided to give you for it.

its not fair to other people that didn't preorder. what if i don't know how to preorder it?

king_austin95
02-01-2015, 04:10 PM
are they even taking preorders yet?
i'm totally fine with preordering it if they're taking preorders.
im not sure how to preorder it though.

king_austin95
02-01-2015, 04:13 PM
are they even taking preorders yet?
i'm totally fine with preordering it if they're taking preorders.
im not sure how to preorder it though.

i wouldn't really wanna miss out in exclusive content.
just tell me when they're doing preorders and how to preorder it.
i have complete faith that this game will be good and i was planning on buying it when it came out anyways

ThePhoenix911
02-01-2015, 08:32 PM
its not fair to other people that didn't preorder. what if i don't know how to preorder it?

Well if you don't want to pre-order it, then don't pre-order, but that's your choice deciding that you dont want the perks. Everyone can make their own decision on that...it's not like they are saying, we are accepting only 1,000 pre-order with bonus' and everyone else gets no extras. Everyone is on even ground, and its up to you personally if you want the perks or not. But saying it's not fair is complete BS...everyone has the same chance...you just may not want to take it.

0BobTheJanitor
02-01-2015, 08:53 PM

It isn't fair, and that's why companies do it. Companies don't exist to serve, they exist to profit. However, consumers are their life support; if they lose us, they lose their income. That's why Atari cannot screw this game up, if they ever hope for a future.

Anyways, preorders aren't out yet, and I'd wait for some screenshots, to see if it will be any good.

ThePhoenix911
02-01-2015, 09:37 PM
It isn't fair, and that's why companies do it.

Why is it not fair exactly? Because you personally decided to wait to pay knowing that there was a benefit to getting it early?

a-can-o-beans
02-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Why is it not fair exactly? Because you personally decided to wait to pay knowing that there was a benefit to getting it early?

because not everyone is willing to throw there money at a game just cause its RCT. adding pre order specific content to the game could give people something huge over players who waited. like i always say... could you imagine if the extended coaster in RCT3 was ONLY for those who pre ordered the game... could you imagine what that could have done for the series as a whole? too me the only acceptable pre order bonuses are beta participation or even early release . but not more content over the rest of us who waited for more info to go off of.

ThePhoenix911
02-02-2015, 02:39 AM
because not everyone is willing to throw there money at a game just cause its RCT. adding pre order specific content to the game could give people something huge over players who waited. like i always say... could you imagine if the extended coaster in RCT3 was ONLY for those who pre ordered the game... could you imagine what that could have done for the series as a whole? too me the only acceptable pre order bonuses are beta participation or even early release . but not more content over the rest of us who waited for more info to go off of.

If you're willing to throw money at a game at regular launch you should feel the same about pre-orders. When they announce the pre-order, it should come with in-game footage, images, feature list etc. at that point it is the same as if you were to wait and buy a different game at regular launch with no pre-order...you haven't played I before, yet you throw money at a game because it looks good. If you think rctw looks good when they announce it at preorder, if not then don't waste your money.

What pissesme off is people saying it's not fair when it's they're decision whether they want to pre-order or it. Everyone has the same choice. You keep your money and deal with an item less inyour inventory or whatever they decide to offer, while someone can opt to dish out the money.

If there was an item at a store, doesn't have to be a game...let's say you see Axe body wash with an extra 20% included and a small sample of hair gel free as a limited edition. Do you think it's unfair if you decide you would rather not get the free stuff and grab the normal bottle while the guy next to you decides he wants it with the free stuff?

I know I'm going on a rant and maybe that example is a stretch, but the argument for it being for or not is along the same premise.

People need to stop whining and live with their choices...if they want to pre-order do so and get bonuses...if you don't, then that's your choice, but don't friggin say it's unfair.

/end rant

Sangheili
02-02-2015, 02:50 AM
After 2014 pre order sales for games can you trust a company or are you going to buy it blind? because whats stopping me from pre orders is the assassin's creed fail and the MCC fail also a few others like Duke nukem but that was a different time.

a-can-o-beans
02-02-2015, 04:05 AM
If you're willing to throw money at a game at regular launch you should feel the same about pre-orders. When they announce the pre-order, it should come with in-game footage, images, feature list etc. at that point it is the same as if you were to wait and buy a different game at regular launch with no pre-order...you haven't played I before, yet you throw money at a game because it looks good. If you think rctw looks good when they announce it at preorder, if not then don't waste your money.

What pissesme off is people saying it's not fair when it's they're decision whether they want to pre-order or it. Everyone has the same choice. You keep your money and deal with an item less inyour inventory or whatever they decide to offer, while someone can opt to dish out the money.

If there was an item at a store, doesn't have to be a game...let's say you see Axe body wash with an extra 20% included and a small sample of hair gel free as a limited edition. Do you think it's unfair if you decide you would rather not get the free stuff and grab the normal bottle while the guy next to you decides he wants it with the free stuff?

I know I'm going on a rant and maybe that example is a stretch, but the argument for it being for or not is along the same premise.

People need to stop whining and live with their choices...if they want to pre-order do so and get bonuses...if you don't, then that's your choice, but don't friggin say it's unfair.

/end rant

RCTW is does not have nearly enough info out right now to justify pre-orders. game companys as of recent have been throwing out pre order bonuses that should have been in the game in the first place. chopping up games into little bits and pieces so you can pay extra for what should have been there in the first place. not sure what fantasy you live in. but not everyone can throw extra money out early to get more of the game they are going to pay full price for anyways but now with less content

jey224
02-02-2015, 05:37 AM
I don't think Pre-orders should come with unique in game content. The content provided in game should be available for everyone that bought the game, not based on when they have bought the game. The main reason for this being that there are probably enough people out there that haven't found their way to the RCT game and community, but will in the future. If newcomers can't get pre-order content then that will make it harder for new people to join in with the existing community, or with their friends with a pre-ordered game.

I do think that Pre-orders could be rewarded with early access, and/or with posters/artwork. Pre-orders are a really good way to get a first view on what the results are from the marketing they have done and will do. It would be a win-win situation.

The only way extra features should be implemented is with expansion packs like RCT3, implementing an entire new aspect of the game.

king_austin95
02-02-2015, 06:37 AM
Well if you don't want to pre-order it, then don't pre-order, but that's your choice deciding that you dont want the perks. Everyone can make their own decision on that...it's not like they are saying, we are accepting only 1,000 pre-order with bonus' and everyone else gets no extras. Everyone is on even ground, and its up to you personally if you want the perks or not. But saying it's not fair is complete BS...everyone has the same chance...you just may not want to take it.

you literally just ignored the other things i posted. you didn't answer me. i asked when they take preorders because i kinda wanna preorder now. so please tell me how to preorder and when they start taking preorders

dwwilkin
02-02-2015, 11:26 AM
Austin, go to the website, not the forum for that info. Sign up for the news releases. No one knows yet the details about preorders except that they will exist.

king_austin95
02-02-2015, 12:05 PM
Austin, go to the website, not the forum for that info. Sign up for the news releases. No one knows yet the details about preorders except that they will exist.

well then somebody else can tell me when they announce anything about preorders. i'm sure people will be talking about it on here once they do start taking them anyways

ThePhoenix911
02-02-2015, 01:09 PM
I missed the part where you asked about when/where pre-orders will be, and I apologize, but as dwwilkin said, nothing is known yet on when/where pre-orders will be available and the best way to find out is to sign up for the news updates on the main page instead of expecting the forum to give you the info.

mehi321
02-02-2015, 09:09 PM
There should be no pre-order bonuses, or small DLC in any way. I would rather pay one larger price and get EVERYTHING in one game and potentially one or two expansion packs, not a base game, 2 expansions, and 6 DLCs. EA did that with SimCity 2013 and it was a huge moneygrab. They said there will be no microtransactions and wont be like RCT4 Mobile, so dont make it that.

king_austin95
02-02-2015, 11:38 PM
There should be no pre-order bonuses, or small DLC in any way. I would rather pay one larger price and get EVERYTHING in one game and potentially one or two expansion packs, not a base game, 2 expansions, and 6 DLCs. EA did that with SimCity 2013 and it was a huge moneygrab. They said there will be no microtransactions and wont be like RCT4 Mobile, so dont make it that.

dlc and expansion packs are not the same as microtransactions. besides unlike you i actually want a lot of dlc/expansion packs

Carl-
02-03-2015, 12:06 AM
I am checking this site like 3 times a day for an update on when we can Pre-order.

ThePhoenix911
02-03-2015, 01:06 AM
DLC is essentially an expansion pack without the boxed version...ie only downloadable...I don't think of any game that still does expansion packs...correct me if I'm wrong on that.

king_austin95
02-03-2015, 05:58 PM
DLC is essentially an expansion pack without the boxed version...ie only downloadable...I don't think of any game that still does expansion packs...correct me if I'm wrong on that.

New Super Luigi U for wii u is dlc for New Super Mario Bros. U. Nintendo released it as DLC that you could download, but they also sell a disc copy of it. It is essentially an expansion pack because its a bunch of new levels to play

king_austin95
02-03-2015, 06:01 PM
they sell a disc copy of it because it has the same amount of levels as NSMBU and can essentially be its own game

Noahjsc
02-04-2015, 08:10 PM
No, there should no be pre ordering at all, or at lease any bonuses. We should no encourage things that we have seen devs use in horrible ways, *cough* colonial space marines,*cough*. They should gains profits from us because we enjoy their game, if they are underfunded they should use kickstarter. I understand that they need money but there is a diffrence from being crazy greedy and trying to support yourself and make a profit. Gaming and designing games is an art that is being bloodied by money.