PDA

View Full Version : Post-Release Update #9: Pathing Updates and Urban PxP!

Forgath
06-22-2018, 03:59 AM
Dont shoot the Messenger, im only copying this from the steam website:

link: https://steamcommunity.com/games/282560/announcements/detail/1657768916944201325

Post-Release Update #9: Pathing Updates and Urban PxP!
21 juni - TeamRCTW (https://steamcommunity.com/id/teamrctw)

Hello Tycoons,

As we shared previously, we have continued with our transition of RollerCoaster Tycoon World to a new development support team. We had to provide the team with the ability to review the code base and to do a wholescale review of the game and subsequently identify the areas where they could best contribute in terms of their work and our following updates.

We are now in a position to present to you our next update which is live now.

With this update, we have made significant improvements to the pathing system (we encourage you to check it out and provide us with feedback!), fixed a number of bugs and have implemented an Urban PxP Pack.

Moving forward, the team will be focusing on continued improvement of game systems and features – please see below the latest items we’ve improved and content we have integrated as part of this update; thanks for your comments and for playing RollerCoaster Tycoon World.

Best,
Team RCTW

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/8067224/ec21c69a8452d7db97a0f4d22add6c49146905e0.png

Improvements

[General] – Pathing - Optimized path mesh generation and created algorithm for generation of node points. This allows for more options during path generation.

[General] – Pathing – Adjustments for snapping to path to account for updated path construction system. This has reduced a snapping radius to the center of the intersection and added a seamless transition of the path node cursor between a path and its intersection. It is now possible to connect paths at different distance from the center or a road intersection.

[General] – Path collisions modified to improve the experience of path construction. Collisions are less restrictive and provide more options to build paths at different positions and angles.

[General] – Fixed a path collision that was preventing construction of legal paths.

[General] – Pathing - Deadzone Issue – Where path is not snapped to the path when hovering over the center of the intersection.

[General] – An issue where kiosks would disappear randomly.

[PXP] – Urban PxP pack integrated.

[PXP] – Horror “Deco & Lights” – ‘Spooky Arched Window” fails to move if the player tries to move the asset anywhere.

[PXP] – Horror “Deco & Lights” – Rotation Indicator are misplaced for ‘Tall Old Blue Tile Roof’

Urban PxP Pack – 38 pieces includes the controller item cited below)

Walls (9 Total Pieces)

Brick Façade Closed

Brick Façade Opened

Brick Half-Wall

Brick Wall

Concrete Façade Closed

Concrete Façade Opened

Concrete Half-Wall

Concrete Wall

Decorated Wall

Roofs (1 Total Piece)

Bitumen Roof

Tiles (1 Total Piece)

Cork Floor

Extras (4 Total Pieces)

Fire Hydrant

Street Phone

Soda Vending Machine

Vending Machine

Deco & Lights (23 Total Pieces)

Atari Graffiti

Balcony Stairs

Big Roof Windows

Blue Awning

Condenser Unit

Front Door

Front Door with Shutters

Front Door with Windows

Game Controller Graffiti

Garage Door

Goose Neck Roof Vent

Green Awning

Large Vent

Pyramid Roof Window

Roof Edge

Roof Edge Corner

Roof Ventilation Tube

Small Roof Window

Small Vent

Spray Paint Graffiti

Window

Window Shutters

Window Double Door

MontyMamba
08-21-2018, 02:25 AM
I had actually given up. Thanks Atari for not forgetting this game completely. I have reason to boot up the game. I wonder if they overhauled the game performance wise. Could someone add pics of the new PxP by any chance??

Casiquire
08-29-2018, 11:24 AM
Has anybody messed around with the new pathing yet? This update kind of confuses me, I thought things were dead lol.

MontyMamba
08-31-2018, 03:06 PM
Not yet but when I get my laptop back I hope too. I wanna see how much the pathing system has improved. I also wanna see if the game has been optimized to run better. Scenery pieces was one of the big things that I feel PC had over this game. In PC there’s so many set pieces. So with that said, I do like the PxP updates. The more pieces to build scenery and buildings, the better. If they can just continue on with good updates, this game can be something.