PDA

View Full Version : why is this happening

DonSPa
12-29-2017, 02:24 PM
hey hopefully someone can answer this,when making packs and i go into the game,when trying to place an item the arrows are quite a ways from the item im trying to place 7297

Forgath
12-31-2017, 06:46 AM
Did you misplace the camera view by accident?

I can remember I've had a similar issue a tear ago with an object. I had to replace the camera point of view in unity, it solved it.

DonSPa
01-03-2018, 01:02 AM
thanx for the reply,ive checked all the camera views ,they look ok from what i see

majherbhead
01-09-2018, 08:04 AM
A bit of a late one but, if I remember rightly its to do with the "parent"/"child" locations within Unity. The arrows are the "parent" and the object is the "child". It could be why, as I say, I can't remember exactly. Its been a while.

shirty
01-28-2018, 09:06 PM
yeah im a month late so i suspect any fix is old news now but your problem is either;

the object has its pivot point set in your 3d application a long way from the model itself (to fix it either move the mesh over to the pivot point or move the pivot point to the mesh)

or

the object is a child of something else in the unity scene (when you compiled it) from which it is inheriting the parents pivot point. (to fix it, if the parent child setup is needed for some reason then just bring the child to position 0,0,0 in relation to the parent or just break the hierarchy if it wasnt actually needed)