PDA

View Full Version : Post-release update #8

Elessar_Luzente
06-09-2017, 07:04 PM
It has been five weeks since the last update (#7) has come out. To me it seems that the game has been adandoned a lot sooner than I expected, as the amount of time between the previous four updates used to be four weeks at most. Hereby I want to thank all who contributed to the swift demise of this game's potential and hope that the publisher will have a second try with another game in spite of all the great contributors out there who are quick to judge and ruin as a consequence. You may want to blame the publisher for all that's happened, but they've shown their best intentions with the yearlong development notwithstanding the pessimism and negativity surrounding the (at least) decent title. I don't exactly know and don't really care what Atari may or may not have done in the past (so don't bother to tell me), but the previous year has proven that the main reason for the abandonment of this game is the notorious self-fulfilling prophecy which some of you created. In short: the game has never had a fair chance just because Atari's name was on the cover, as well as with Watch Dogs 2 (from Ubisoft). Most of you never even bothered to try to acknowledge the positive aspects of the game(s) in public. The criticism concerning RCTW has never been constructive in any possible way and many of you predicted that the game would be abandoned anyway (which has indeed happened by now), even after the game had entered the Early Access stage and went through major improvements. In fact, I believe that the publisher even deserves praise for the fact that they gave it a try, despite the foreseeable outcome of the whole development process due to blind negativity and a lack of support from the majority of the community. Some of you did provide support (true respect to you), but the vast majority only knew how to sharpen their axes and strike down as hard as they could, no matter how undeserved it (mostly) was. However it may be, I sincerely hope this self-fulfilling prophecy won't happen again to any new game title, as it's very simple to ruin a franchise (or just a single game), but very hard to create one. To some extent, a part of the gaming community seems to act like judges who don't have a single clue about what they're actually doing and how they ruin the fun for others. You may not like a game (or any other work of art for that matter), but that doesn't mean you are entitled to spoil the fun for everyone else. This always reminds me of the film Bambi from which many of you could learn a thing or two: "If you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all".

Fama nihil est celerius.

boxman
06-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Why would a large percentage of the people here on this very forum buy the game if they never intended to give it a chance?? If you had actually been around since before beta weekend, you would know that most people here were positive at a point and many even kept faith after the beta weekend.

Also love how you blame us and dont want to hear about their past, when this is exactly the same treatment their other main IP's had as well. The fact is that the only thing they did try was to milk a game that was made as cheaply as they could get away with and even that they failed at.

And this line: "If you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all" just proves you have even less cluse about game development than even Atari. You need criticism that is both good and bad to actually make a good product and if it was not for the criticism we would have had a even bigger disaster with area52 version of the game.

Armageddon1x
06-09-2017, 11:43 PM
*Sigh* I knew you were going to post something like this... I thought you said this would be the last you speak of this subject?

I'll write a full-length post later on, but I can tell you now that many of your posts including this one are very flawed, baseless, and incomplete. Also, is it possible you can edit your post into paragraphs? It's a little difficult reading a huge block of text. Thanks!

ewmaki
06-09-2017, 11:59 PM
Yep. Blame everyone but the multi million dollar company who made it :rolleyes:

Wabigbear
06-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Please... Stop! My eyes can't roll back into my head that far! What an absolute crock. When someone shelled out $60 for this game neither you nor anyone else has the right to tell them that they aren't allowed to voice their disappointment. Instead they are to keep quiet? LOLOL! Did some people go over the top with their opinions? Absolutely. Some that "supported" the game went over the top as well...as the initial post here illustrates.

I'd suggest if YOU don't like what they had to say then perhaps you should follow your own advice and that of Bambi's mother...

You don't even know half as much about what went on with this game as you think you do.

Parum Novit

Elessar_Luzente
06-10-2017, 06:13 PM
It's always lovely to see how people feel addressed and essentially turn themselves in as culprits while denying this at the same time. There's no reason to offend me and if you are devoid of the blame I put on SOME people, there's no reason to be upset in case you deem yourself to be blameless. I've purposefully never mentioned any names. Try to read more carefully next time or at least stop wasting my time with these nonsensical and stupid replies. :cool:

Armageddon1x
06-10-2017, 06:28 PM
I was once very positive and excited for RCTW, even after the Area52 trailer of the game. I kept losing faith in the game until Mattlab made seemingly promising updates to restore my faith. Sadly it was only false hope he instilled in many of us, so I found it difficult to remain positive and got a refund after the first beta.

in spite of all the great contributors out there who are quick to judge and ruin as a consequence.
Some of us have had almost 3 years (1.2 since Early Access) to judge this game, so how are we quick to judge? In fact, you seem to be the one too quick to judge us. For example, you called Forgath, one of the very few to remain positive since the beginning, pathetic because he thought the weather vane was funny. Seriously? Please stop that.

I don't exactly know and don't really care what Atari may or may not have done in the past (so don't bother to tell me), but the previous year has proven that the main reason for the abandonment of this game is the notorious self-fulfilling prophecy which some of you created.
This right here is a major problem with your post. For someone who claims to know the whole history of RCTW (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?15744-Remember-when-Atari-said-transport-rides-would-come-early-2017&p=107104&viewfull=1#post107104), you sure don't show it by the fact you refuse to understand Atari's misbehaviour in the past and present. There's a reason why people became negative you know... You can't keep fully blaming them for this game's demise.

This "self-fulfilling prophecy" was calculated due to a number of reasons such as poor sales, lack of communication, slow/light updates, poor planning, etc. It's not like we just all decided "hey, let's spread hate for this game and it's publisher for no reason!". Many people have given reasons to you why they don't support this game or why the game would turn out this way, but you chose to ignore it because for some reason, you don't want to accept what Atari have done wrong. Atari basically repeated themselves with the driv3rgate scandal, but I'm not going to bother wasting my time explaining it since you don't want to listen.

the game has never had a fair chance just because Atari's name was on the cover
Atari isn't the only reason why we left. Quite frankly, I feel Nvizzio lacked the experience to take on such a project shown despite their good intentions. With Unity's limitations, they were unable to create a lot of what we desired in a new RCT game, such as voxel-terrain deformation (they said it was too hard to implement), the ability to recolor/move rides and entrances/exits. Updates were also really slow and light, so most of us moved onto Planet Coaster, which was much farther ahead in development. Heck, it took quite a few months until Bitter Jeweler's stacked rocks request was implemented.

The criticism concerning RCTW has never been constructive in any possible way
This is just not true. Some former supporters were Beta testers that provided valuable feedback and went ignored, even after months. For example, why is the Troika animation, which was acknowledged to be fixed a year ago, still not fixed? The Stig's coaster suggestions went completely ignored, Wabigbear's UGC suggestions went ignored if I'm correct. Many other peoples bug reports go ignored and are directed to Atari support which don't help at all. I myself offered many suggestions on stream (under a different alias), but they went ignored.

many of you predicted that the game would be abandoned anyway (which has indeed happened by now), even after the game had entered the Early Access stage and went through major improvements.
I've played the game throughout Early Access and after the full release at my friends house who couldn't get a refund. It has definitely improved since launch, but it's significantly behind Planet Coaster and the other main RCT games. We predicted it would be abandoned due to various reasons I wrote above. The forums emptiness and RCTW's past updates this year have been small assets/bug fixes, it was plain to see they were going to abandon the game.

I believe that the publisher even deserves praise for the fact that they gave it a try, despite the foreseeable outcome of the whole development process due to blind negativity and a lack of support from the majority of the community.
Blind negativity was absolutely not the case. We were promised so many things by Atari multiple times, but they didn't deliver the AAA game we wanted [http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-17-thanks-for-the-awesome-ride-at-pax-prime-2015/] [http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/hello-world-2/]. They've never really showed confidence in their game by not getting a proper booth at E3 2015/2016. The COO said the game was amazing despite not sitting down to even play it. Need I remind you they chose the cheapest possible route to milk the franchise by hiring mobile game developers for RCTW? The three changes of developers, missed release dates, silent cancellation of Beta 2, the whole development was a giant mess from the get-go.

They were planning to fully release the game by December 2015 after the first beta finished. It was positively clear they weren't even remotely close to being finished. The initial EA release was dreadful as it was riddled with several bugs, lack of polish, features that had not yet been developed. It's most likely Atari knew Nvizzio wasn't capable of creating an AAA game at this point, and it didn't help that Nvizzio had limitations from Atari as well. According to Abbittibbi, who physically met and spoke with the people at Nvizzio, says they were silenced, and guess by who. That's right ... Atari.

They also sold the game in stores whilst it was still in EA. Some unaware buyers bought the game not knowing it was incomplete because the print on the back was so small and out of plain sight. They suddenly announced their release date a day before Planet Coaster in order to get some cheap sales from unsuspected buyers.

So why exactly do they deserve praise for doing so many things wrong? Why should people support them if they continue to follow in their past footsteps? What exactly is there to support when they don't listen? Long-time supporters of this game such as The Stig, JMR, Abbittibbi, Danplayer01, realized that their feedback and support was going nowhere, so they've moved onto bigger and better things. It's hard to remain positive when there's not much to be positive about. Sure the game is better, but it lacks so much to be desired.

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a question. I have nothing against you supporting the game, but I want to know why exactly you do? I noticed you agreed with a post on Steam from a former permanently banned member of this forum. To this day, that person has never given a solid reason why RCTW is a good game. They bashed others suggestions on stream saying their suggestions were useless, and calling them Planet Coaster fanboys/trolls. Some of them didn't even play PC at all. So what exactly are you agreeing with him that makes the game "better than what most comments suggest"? Right now, and this is my opinion, it feels more like you support RCTW simply because of the RCT name, and anytime someone says something negative about the game, you say we're too quick to judge or didn't give it a chance.

Believe me, I'd love to support RCTW, but I can't find any reason to support it when Atari seems to show any lack of care for this franchise. Check out the main website and you'll see RCTW isn't even on the front page anymore. They've changed all the profile photos from RCTW logos to the original RCT logo. They spent some of the funding to RCTW on RCT-Touch.

There's so many things I wanted to write but have forgotten overnight, but I think you should consider why so many people no longer support the game. They don't blindly hate on Atari because a lot of them have experienced first-hand Atari's faults. Some of them warned them this would happen if they didn't change their ways. It's not their fault they refused to listen to their feedback.

Armageddon1x
06-10-2017, 06:55 PM
It's always lovely to see how people feel addressed and essentially turn themselves in as culprits while denying this at the same time. There's no reason to offend me and if you are devoid of the blame I put on SOME people, there's no reason to be upset in case you deem yourself to be blameless. I've purposefully never mentioned any names. Try to read more carefully next time or at least stop wasting my time with these nonsensical and stupid replies. :cool:

I mean... you called (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?15985-Complete-list-of-Bugs-and-Glitches-(after-post-release-update-7)&p=107979&viewfull=1#post107979)Shirty, Forgath and JoëlNL pathetic (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?15985-Complete-list-of-Bugs-and-Glitches-(after-post-release-update-7)&p=107979&viewfull=1#post107979) for being so quick to judge the game in one thread. They were once all supportive and positive of RCTW (Forgath still is), but you still call them pathetic? I think you can understand why I felt targeted by your post. I mean, there's hardly anyone here anymore who hasn't given constructive feedback, so who exactly is your post targeted to then?

I think people are more upset by your condescending attitude you've presented in this thread. Let's tone that down a little, please?

Wabigbear
06-10-2017, 06:58 PM

I suggest you carefully re-read MY post. I don't deem myself to be 'blamed' or to be 'blameless', nor do I think I was specifically addressed, I'm commenting as to your general putdown against anyone - named or not - who doesn't hold the same opinion you have.

Any offense you feel aimed towards you is of your own making. YOU made the original post, it's disingenuous to whine when it's responded to and you're taken to task for what you wrote...unless you for some reason think your view should stand alone unchallenged as being above reproach? If you feel your time is being 'wasted' then I invite you to follow your own advice and simply move on and spend less of your time being hypocritical bringing up Bambi's mother's "If you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all" followed by whining that you find someone's posts to be "nonsensical and stupid"...but yet you just have to respond to them.

It's always lovely to see people make a point of posting something inflammatory and than clutching their pearls, batting their eyes and gasping when called out upon it.

And you STILL don't actually know half as much as you think you do on this topic.

JoëlNL
06-10-2017, 08:04 PM
And you STILL don't actually know half as much as you think you do on this topic.
Exactly.

Thanks boxman, Armageddon1x and Wabigbear for the solid replies.

I'll just paste a quote of myself to make it once again clear that I once was positive about RCTw. I wanted to stay positive, I really did, but at a certain point in development it just wasn't possible for me to continue to be positive. Why? Because of the reasons that boxman, Armageddon1x and Wabigbear have provided in this thread.

Actually, yes, the thought of it being a joke crossed my mind. But I don't believe that it is a joke.

The evidence of Atari being incompetent as a publisher is so extremely obvious. Bugs that never get fixed, features that never get added, customer support that doesn't even recognise their own game (see recent thread). It's all very clear; Atari has failed and RCTw has failed.

Do you remember your own prediction that Atari was going to add transport rides in a few weeks? That prediction was made a few months back. Yet, there are still no transport rides in RCTw.

Atari remains silent about the obvious bugs and missing features.

I understand that you want to be positive. I would like to be positive as well, but Atari failed so hard with everything related to RCTw that they have made it impossible for me to stay positive. Based on the overall opinions of the community and the players, it is safe to say that it is a fact that for most players the game RCTw has failed.

It's a real shame.

Wabigbear
06-11-2017, 08:21 AM
I'd point out that there are a few members of the beta-testing team who STILL check in several times a week, IF NOT DAILY, even though their last contact with the development team was more than two months ago. The beta-team didn't all abandon things...the development team did.

THAT is 'support'. Not slavish fawning.

When asked to join the beta team, many were told that they were looking for honest feedback, which is what they got. Please don't be blaming people when much of that honest feedback was frowned upon and eventually ignored. The same with those who purchased the game. They have every right to point out what they don't like. Yes, some played the game for all of 15 minutes before reviewing the game, but the majority of people commenting had every right to. Again, much of that feedback was frowned upon and eventually ignored. The game developers made the decision to do that. The game developers have to live with the results from making that decision.

If someone finds this game enjoyable, then that's great! Show off your work and be vocal that you enjoy it. But don't blame the lack of any future additions to the game on those who don't find it enjoyable and who are vocal about that fact. There are certainly other similar games out there where feedback was encouraged and has never been ignored, and those games are thriving and continuing to grow. Perhaps there is a correlation there somewhere?

mbcdex
06-11-2017, 08:42 AM
And still many forget that ATARI / NVIZZIO themselves told to US they have ENOUGH feedback and dont need more ... that have been their words, NOT customers words.

They didnt want more support (feedback) from customers, but people who paid up to famous 70€/$ for this game still wait on getting the prommised stuff for that price.

So what should customers do now instead of waiting to prommised things, wait on fixing things ...
I mean how will you "support" a game that lacks of content, that has more bugs than features, ... what should you talk about ? There is not many that works in this game.

And what was the most embarasing thing is:
After they rushed out the Pre-EA-game to release to be first (one day before FRONTIER with PC) while community said its not ready (far away fron that), they left all people alone with it.
The release of RCTW was so loveless, just a "plonk-there-you-have-the-crap", like you did it with rides and booths in the game.
No feel of proudness, no of loveness, no feel of "community", because the only ones who were not at launch was ATARI and NVIZZIO. The release of RCTW was so soulless, like their peeps.

If you worked two hard years on a product, put really every digit in you could, you wouldnt have handled it such a way.

Many had problems (and still have today) to get the game starting. There was no one at launch (and after) to help people out, to fix these bugs. ATARI and NVIZZIO didnt care if the game works for their customers who have paid up to 70€/$ for this.

So ATARI / NVIZZIO themselves let the game down from the very first start.

Its like driving by your fans with a car, moving down the windows, throwing the final product into the fanbase, closing windows fast and driving away immediately. This is gutless and thats creepy, bomb-throwers do it the same way. ATARI / NVIZZIO have thrown a bomb into the fanbase with this game and way to treat customers who paid much money for a desktop game, who belived in ATARI who wanted a great game ... who support them to make a fantastic game getting real.

No one wonders why RCTT and RCTM came out so fast ? No one wonders why some stores had final boxes to sold all ready ? These are things you cant decide and produce in some weeks, so this all was long planned by ATARI.
After two years of developement ATARI found NVIZZIO who were able to do a game, which is portable to mobile and left customers with a fast-ugly-looking upscale to Desktops for "only" 70 bucks.

AUS_Twisted
06-13-2017, 03:16 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/58/23/f9/5823f919d71424cf92a6643ce381d6b4.jpg

AUS_Twisted
06-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Meanwhile in Planet Coaster

https://youtu.be/9PB2x_Q5Leg

Armageddon1x
06-13-2017, 05:43 PM
@Elessar_Luzente: There are some solid replies in this thread, and I hope you'll return to address them. We've given you the opportunity to prove and support your arguments. You said some of our posts were nonsensical and "stupid" (I'd prefer not to use that term), but I think most of us felt the same way about your post yet we still responded.

Let's keep this civil. I look forward to your responses.

@AUS_Twisted: While that update looks fantastic, it doesn't really relate to Elessar's thread. Let's try to keep this a decent conversation for once! :)

shirty
06-14-2017, 02:26 AM
@AUS_Twisted: While that update looks fantastic, it doesn't really relate to Elessar's thread. Let's try to keep this a decent conversation for once! :)
sorry to go off subject but I'm not sure what the subject is cause the thread title doesnt match any of the thread content but since this is the only active thread i thought I'd drop this here, sorry if I'm derailing :p

anyone ever wonder why atari hired nvizzio in the first place? i mean they weren't exactly a well known developer they were in their infancy as a company.
how did atari discover this small studio? it must be like a needle in a haystack with many just as (in)capable companies to choose from.
why did they put what was essentially blind faith into nvizzio? the company had little to no prior experience with the ip, genre, engine and to some extent even the platform.

answers to all those questions can be found in one place and summed up in one sentence...

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/yveslegris
note the dates and titles of current and past jobs 1994-2002
atari granted nvizzio such a big ip after less than 6months of existing, still wonder why? heres that one sentence...

its not what you know, its who you know

back to the op subject which despite the thread title seems to be purposefully starting an argument that the disappointed ppl made this game fail, hummm yeah thats the problem not the fact the game disappointed them in the first place because an unsuitable developer was hired to make the game as cheaply as possible leading to a shallow, bug filled mess.
not the fact theyve gone back on their words dozens of times, i wonder if Elessar is still expecting transport next week? the reputation of the game hasn't changed in the slightest since the day they said transport is coming early 2017 so you cant blame anyone but them for that not appearing. They knew where they stood when they made that claim and they never delivered it. praise be to atari the gods of over selling and under delivering, not only did you try but you succeeded GG :/

oh and @Elessar_Luzente you may or may not be aiming at me but just in case you are (you have previously) because you dont know what ive brought to the table... my post count of 1542, is by a very large majority useful constructive comments to help the devs to get the game on track, ive quite possibly made more bug reports and worthwhile feedback than any other player of this game. i dont know that for a fact but im well up there absolutely in the top 10 bug reporters, remember i played this game before it went public when it was even more bug riddled than it was on ea launch, im sure theres some ppl who have seen the effort i put into this game and would agree with that last statement. some of my posts pointed out dozens of issues in a single post and mark my words this game wouldn't be the game it is today without some of the people your blaming for the games demise putting in hours of their own time for no financial gain. without some of us the game would be a much worse experience, everytime you play the game your looking at things that some of us got fixed so you dont even notice it was ever broken. ive seen, read and heard things that under an nda conrtract im not allowed to even discuss but if you knew what i know you'd maybe have a different opinion on the progression of the game. you should stop throwing your nonsense around because if you dont state who specifically your aiming at, your aiming at everyone thats critical of the game. hence why ppl bounced on you its not an admission of guilt its a defense against a know nothings attempt at making sense.
Bambis mother should have said, "if you dont know something is factual dont bother saying it"

stultus aliquantulus of latine, me sentire callidus :rolleyes:

AUS_Twisted
06-14-2017, 01:17 PM

I think it does relate to the topic as it shows the difference between a genuine good PC game developer and a amateur one Atari / Nvizzio with how a game is developed and properly supported afterwards without a heap of lies.

Armageddon1x
06-14-2017, 01:33 PM
@shirty: Nah not a problem at all. I found the thread topic to be all over the place when I was trying to write my post.

@AUS_Twisted: I suppose it vaguely does relate to the topic. For instance, I wrote how most of us switched (or never left) to Frontier for reasons such as the one you provided. My apologies.

EDIT: Also shirty in response to your question why Atari hired Nvizzio, I tried to post a response in the 50% off RCTW thread a while back, but my post has to be accepted under moderation first.

Wabigbear
06-14-2017, 03:50 PM
im sure theres some ppl who have seen the effort i put into this game and would agree with that last statement.

Absolutely 100% agreed. I think the developers - if they were ever around - would agree as well.

shirty
06-15-2017, 09:35 AM
EDIT: Also shirty in response to your question why Atari hired Nvizzio, I tried to post a response in the 50% off RCTW thread a while back, but my post has to be accepted under moderation first.
good luck with finding a moderator around here, i think all the volunteers are sick of it and nookriot, i heard isnt involved in rctw at all anymore, his steam avatar isnt even atari related now. he wont be missed

Absolutely 100% agreed. I think the developers - if they were ever around - would agree as well.
Thanks man, i really did try but to what end, so much long standing issues that were well documented, so much shallow mechanics that had many a brainstorming, so much wasted opportunity :(

I know a lot of people think that the mobile RCT games have likely sponged some of the RCTw money into them therefor watering down all of them but what about this... whatever it is https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/6/12/15783074/ataribox-teaser-new-atari-product
Years in the making? Is that years of development? Or is it just years of past gaming production thats getting thrown into a collection of games on a new flashback console. Either way its another moneypit thats been developed at the same time as RCTw.
Talk about spreading yourselves thin, we cant be blamed for atari not focusing on a single product that could have (if done right) netted them a lot of money. Then they can produce an even better ataribox with the proceeds. sure a producer can work on multiple projects if they can afford it but if you have to shoestring something because you have other things on the go then you shouldnt even start it.
whatever the ataribox is I doubt itll be much good and very likely nothing an emulator cant already do. hardcore retro/nostalgia gamers wont want a repackaged version they want the originals (my brother has a working 2600 and more games for it than i than i think is sane) so who would this be aimed at, that is assuming its a flashback console.
If its an attempt at a proper current gen console then RIP money. Nintendo realized many years ago that theres no space on the market for another console their last contenting console was the gamecube in 2001, since that massively undersold they opted for gimmick based systems that rely of motion,, touch,,portability in order to make the sales.
Maybe the ataribox isnt even a console, it could end up being a fancy years of development shoebox for all i know from the available info.
imagine how good RCTw would be if it hadnt had to compete for its funding with RCTM RCTT and ataribox.
Spread it thin and get everything half baked, smart tactics.
EDIT oh and that "atari vault" thing they launched around the same time as RCTw EA. Ramming 100 atari2600 era games into a pc title with shoddy controls. Mind you that probably didnt cost much since theres not much to develop with that one, except the controls system which they didnt bother doing.

boxman
06-15-2017, 09:54 AM
good luck with finding a moderator around here, i think all the volunteers are sick of it and nookriot, i heard isnt involved in rctw at all anymore, his steam avatar isnt even atari related now. he wont be missed

Last I heard from him nook about a month ago, was that he was "too super busy" to keep up with community and this forum.. ;\
I really wonder what he has been busy with, as there certainly is no evidence of him doing anything at all as a community manager these days.
I am pretty sure that Atari told their own community manager to cease any kind of dialogue with the community, as they are really that stupid that they think this would be a good idea.

JoëlNL
06-15-2017, 02:03 PM
Last I heard from him nook about a month ago, was that he was "too super busy" to keep up with community and this forum.. ;\
I really wonder what he has been busy with, as there certainly is no evidence of him doing anything at all as a community manager these days.
I am pretty sure that Atari told their own community manager to cease any kind of dialogue with the community, as they are really that stupid that they think this would be a good idea.

"too super busy" to keep up with community and this forum.. ;\
So RCTW doesn't have a community manager anymore. Not that there is much community left for this game...

shirty
06-15-2017, 05:39 PM
So RCTW doesn't have a community manager anymore. Not that there is much community left for this game...

anymore? was there ever?
there was recently peaches who did that competition, id class her short lived task as attempting to bring some positivity to the games image,
there was the very nice vanille pink who was actually more of a dev who would interact with the forum users,
there was mattlab whos job was never to manage the community but was be the face of atari as they drip fed information out through him while he tried to do what he was hired to do.
and of course there was nookriot who like the name suggests, started riots by handing out bans and silencing people he didnt like the look of.
none of them i would say managed the community in any meaningful way. the real community manager is some unknown at atari who put out the "dont say anything to anyone" order. they managed to destroy the community like a boss.

JoëlNL
06-15-2017, 05:54 PM
anymore? was there ever?
there was recently peaches who did that competition, id class her short lived task as attempting to bring some positivity to the games image,
there was the very nice vanille pink who was actually more of a dev who would interact with the forum users,
there was mattlab whos job was never to manage the community but was be the face of atari as they drip fed information out through him while he tried to do what he was hired to do.
and of course there was nookriot who like the name suggests, started riots by handing out bans and silencing people he didnt like the look of.
none of them i would say managed the community in any meaningful way. the real community manager is some unknown at atari who put out the "dont say anything to anyone" order. they managed to destroy the community like a boss.

:rolleyes:

boxman
06-16-2017, 10:56 PM
Vanillapink seemed like the only one who kind of cared at all about this community. At least even after she quit/was laid off she still came back here a few times. Meanwhile the actual community manager that is supposed to be paid to interact and keep us updated is nowhere to be found at all.

LooseKid187
06-20-2017, 04:42 AM
u know, i havent been here for a very long time. but its nice to see nothing has changed.

i once had high hopes for this game,ha i remember sitting here and waiting for mattlab to post the weekly update, but that even started to fall though the cracks :(
looking back though this forum, finding old posts.. its a shame it went this way, i hope for the RCT world. not the game. but the RCT fan world, this gets put to bed. you know u made a bad game when ever pirates wont download it :rolleyes:

prob be better if they did abondon the game, save what absoulte little they may hvae of respect from the rctw community. i been on here since well before the CUBE was modded into RCT3, going to sites like rct2.com and rctdb, the Amazing earl (dunno how many of you will remember him) rctgo too name another.

(editors note - HOLY COSMIC COWS! earl has a site haha http://ae.rctspace.com/)

let sleeping dogs lie guys, this dude may claim to have been around since someone was born (sorry cant name names as i couldnt give 2 u know whats) but only some are veternas in this community, we may have changed user names, grown up, like alot, have a family kids etc, but one thing is true, we truly know what happened , we know what this community use to be like..

Kombiice
06-21-2017, 08:25 PM

Hmm. Weird.

DinahLee
06-22-2017, 04:07 PM
This is just sad. Looking back like 2 years ago I'd never believe this would be the tragic route of RCT.
I've been around for quite long time, always tried to believe that the game would have a chance but looking now the whole thing is depressing. I can't even dare to open it anymore because it takes 10 minutes just to load the screens and get into the sandbox... and the graphics are just bad now.

I remember the whole Beta Weekend #1 mess. At first it was magical even with the bugs & stuff but it was like the game had a future back then....
Now the whole thing is dead. Even this forum...there's like nothing else to do so.... sad. Just sad.

I do regret not believing in PCC back then. Hope to get it someday, at least it looks beautiful

jchristiansmith
06-25-2017, 09:16 PM
It's been a long time since I've visited these forums. Man, there is so much denial going on it's kinda humorous but also sad to read through everything. I was once 100% devoted to this game. I would check the forums everyday, wait tirelessly for Mattlab to release a new blog, and I had so much hope for this game! But then I saw a PC let's play video and everything changed. Look at the workshop! So many amazing creations. I was in denial too, but for some reason that video opened my eyes.

It's sad to see where this game is, and how a few of you guys are holding on to dear life. Im only posting this so that maybe, just maybe someone might realize that this game is inferior. All you need to look at are the sales numbers and forums. This one is all negative with a few defending the game. PC is all positive with a few criticizing the management system. I guess if you truly like RCTw than good for you! But the rest of the community has moved on and we hope to see you there! :) best wishes to you all!

iammark
06-26-2017, 07:08 AM
This is the best thread ever! I love observing people in denial! So fascinating.

Go play Planet Coaster whoever you are! Free yourself!!!!

Armageddon1x
06-26-2017, 02:57 PM
You don't even have to compare it to Planet Coaster. RCTW is a step down from RCT1-3, and possibly Parkitect (haven't played it yet).

It's clear Elessar_Luzente was simply here to cause trouble. This isn't the first time they've done this, such as when they claimed Frontier copied the Troika from RCTW. Making up false facts as well as insulting people in the process isn't going to help your case. We gave you a chance to make a reasonable argument, but instead you decided to establish yourself as a troll around here, and elsewhere.

Please understand there are reasons why people have such feelings towards RCTW and Atari. There are indeed some people with irrational hatred towards it, but you try to reason with them and prove them wrong! If they choose to be trolls, ignore them, but don't stoop to their level.

dwwilkin
06-27-2017, 08:01 PM
Oy Vey... Such unappreciatededness (That's not a real word)

There were thousands of hours spent by community members in playtesting to try and make this game better. Thousands of suggestions, bugs reported.

I may be breaking my non-disclosure. I really do not care at this point.

I feel betrayed and that my effort was wasted. Hundreds of hours of my time poured into this, and the game ended up mediocre.

There were glimmers of something that could be greatly playable. Even hold its own in this environment where another house came out with a competing product. Certainly such games as the one with Studio in it (We still can't name other games I presume) was blown out of the water by this effort.

But the lack of funds to develop from the get go, the do it on the cheap stance, the release early because the President of the Company needed cash to feed the corporate beast, the initial trailer so much better than the delivered product...

There are many faults here. To my mind, the biggest though, as a playtester, was the lack of developers really hearing what the playtesters were saying, over and over. I had several discussions, almost rebellions, with the other playtesters more than a year ago trying to bring to the attention of the production team what was needful to be considered the heir to RCT3. I think we can all see that this game is more the heir of Sim Theme Park than RCT3. And while some parts are clearly stellar, they are very few and far between.

So nothing exists in a vacuum. There are other games out there, and currently the British One is firing on almost all cylindars as the saying goes. This is not my #2, RCT3 would be, and RCT#1 would be my #3 choice.

I hate to think my efforts of over six months and my account over 500 hours of time were wasted, but I think the odds of my playing this game beyond a handful of hours in the future, slim. The competition or the older product, much more likely.

If the corporation could ever see it's way to a near complete retooling of the game, and especially looking at the playtesters thousands of suggestions to make a succesor to RCT3, then the franchise might have a shot at life.

That all is only my opinion. (not humble, just IMO)

i do hope that one day Atari, or who ever will end up with the rights, can do a true successor, because RCT does have a unique character that the current leader in the field does not truly share.

magicart87
06-30-2017, 11:15 PM
Well stated!

07-02-2017, 02:02 PM
I, like many others, wanted this game to succeed. But, as things have played out, my interest in the game had dwindled once I was able to play PC. And I haven't looked back since. As someone who has lurked mostly in here the insight I have gotten from everyone on the game definitely opened my eyes.

Daphnir
07-07-2017, 05:54 AM
Oy Vey... Such unappreciatededness (That's not a real word)

There were thousands of hours spent by community members in playtesting to try and make this game better. Thousands of suggestions, bugs reported.

I may be breaking my non-disclosure. I really do not care at this point.

I feel betrayed and that my effort was wasted. Hundreds of hours of my time poured into this, and the game ended up mediocre.

There were glimmers of something that could be greatly playable. Even hold its own in this environment where another house came out with a competing product. Certainly such games as the one with Studio in it (We still can't name other games I presume) was blown out of the water by this effort.

But the lack of funds to develop from the get go, the do it on the cheap stance, the release early because the President of the Company needed cash to feed the corporate beast, the initial trailer so much better than the delivered product...

There are many faults here. To my mind, the biggest though, as a playtester, was the lack of developers really hearing what the playtesters were saying, over and over. I had several discussions, almost rebellions, with the other playtesters more than a year ago trying to bring to the attention of the production team what was needful to be considered the heir to RCT3. I think we can all see that this game is more the heir of Sim Theme Park than RCT3. And while some parts are clearly stellar, they are very few and far between.

So nothing exists in a vacuum. There are other games out there, and currently the British One is firing on almost all cylindars as the saying goes. This is not my #2, RCT3 would be, and RCT#1 would be my #3 choice.

I hate to think my efforts of over six months and my account over 500 hours of time were wasted, but I think the odds of my playing this game beyond a handful of hours in the future, slim. The competition or the older product, much more likely.

If the corporation could ever see it's way to a near complete retooling of the game, and especially looking at the playtesters thousands of suggestions to make a succesor to RCT3, then the franchise might have a shot at life.

That all is only my opinion. (not humble, just IMO)

i do hope that one day Atari, or who ever will end up with the rights, can do a true successor, because RCT does have a unique character that the current leader in the field does not truly share.

Intéressant de voir que même le plus grand fanboy puisse changer d'avis! Le saint esprit est arrivé?

Abbittibbi
07-13-2017, 01:29 PM
Un moment, il n'est pas seul de son groupe, car je pense la même maudite affaire, en bon canadien-français. J'ai EXACTEMENT la même expérience et le même point de vue. Ce qu'il déclare être son opinion est plus que la sienne propre, et plus qu'une opinion simple, ce sont DES FAITS RÉELS ET VÉRIFIABLES. De plus, ce qui est dit est LOIN D'ÊTRE NOUVEAU, pour ceux qui ont accès à ce que les autres n'ont pas(eh oui! des choses vous sont cachées, auxquelles j'ai accès).

Je ne sait pas si dwwilkin est le plus grand fanboy mais je peux dire que la communauté à perdu de très grands noms qui devraient être parmi nous tout de suite. Pourtant, presque tous(incluant moi) sont partis complètement écoeurés vers de plus verts pâturages chez la compétition. Dans ce cas, c'était vrai que l'herbe était plus verte chez le voisin.

La majorité du groupe à exprimé un point semblable. Comme eux, je reviens dans le forum(même après avoir été temporairement banni-je sais toujours pas pourquoi) mais pas dans le jeu. Je ne l'ait pas ouvert depuis la journée de la publication officielle, il n'est même plus installé.

J'ai attendu ce jeu pendant plus de 5 ans(comme vous) et contribué directement à RCTW. J'ai lourdement prévenu ATARI en personne dans les bureau de NVIZZIO, à propos de NE PAS FAIRE ce que nous vivons maintenant(un gros rien du tout). J'ai retiré tous les détails de mon compte ici en tant que protestation, ait retiré toutes les vidéos du jeu sur mon youtube(ma chaine dédiée RCT est maintenant pour Planet Coaster), additionnée de plusieurs de RCT3 qui avaient plus de 9 ans. Je détient des exclusivitées filmées et enregistrées par moi dans le studio NVIZZIO vers septembre 2016, pendant la production RCTW.

Ce qui est arrivé à RCTW n'est tout simplement pas acceptable quand mon VRAI nom figure dans les crédits.

Surtout, surtout quand le jeu est produit à Montréal, quelle honte!

C'est à pleurer!

----------------GOOGLE TRANSLATE TEST:-----------------------

For a moment, he is not alone in his group, for I think the same damned affair, a good Frenchman. I have EXACTLY the same experience and the same point of view. What he declares to be his opinion is more than his own, and more than a simple opinion, are REAL AND VERIFIABLE FACTS. In addition, what is said is FARM OF BEING NEW, for those who have access to what others do not (yes, things are hidden, to which I have access).

I do not know if dwwilkin is the biggest fanboy but I can say that the community lost to very big names who should be among us right away. Yet almost all of them (including me) have gone completely disgusted with green greener pastures in the competition. In this case, it was true that the grass was greener with the neighbor.

The majority of the group expressed a similar point. Like them, I come back in the forum (even after being temporarily banned - I still do not know why) but not in the game. I have not opened since the day of official publication, it is not even installed .

I have been waiting for this game for over 5 years (like you) and contributed directly to RCTW. I have heavily warned ATARI in person at NVIZZIO's office, about DO NOT doing what we are living now (a big nothing at all). I removed all the details from my account here as a protest, removed all the videos from the game on my youtube (my channel RCT is now for Planet Coaster), plus several RCT3s that were over 9 years old. I have exclusive films recorded and recorded by me in the studio NVIZZIO towards September 2016 during the production RCTW.

What happened to RCTW is simply not acceptable when my TRUE name is in the credits.

Especially, especially when the game is produced in Montreal, what a shame.

I'll go and cry now!

OK! Translates is not very good-you get the point-I will not retype

Kombiice
07-14-2017, 07:01 AM
Hmm. Why have they done this? It's a point of no return.ö

JoëlNL
07-14-2017, 08:51 AM
It is obvious that Atari has screwed up production of RollerCoaster Tycoon World. Atari has attempted to produce this game in a way so that it would be as cheap as possible for them as publisher, and at the same time has attempted to 'grab' as much cash as possible from the players, meanwhile making many promises about the state of the game, optimisation, future development and upcoming additional content. Most of those promises were simply lies from Atari. I get that there are companies who prefer this type of marketing- and production strategy, but in case of Atari it clearly was and is a failure.

RollerCoaster Tycoon World is a failure. Development of the game has ended (ignore Atari customer support (probably outsourced) stating otherwise). The players did not get the game that was initially marketed / promised to us. Too many things are either missing or broken.

Based on publications of statements of Atari staff, Atari is blaming the players for the negativity around the game. They have never acknowledged that Atari themselves are the ultimate cause of the failure that is RollerCoaster Tycoon World.

There was a time that I wished for RollerCoaster Tycoon World to become a great game. I was once positive about this game. That time has passed. Atari failed to deliver. I will not see RollerCoaster Tycoon World as a part of the RCT franchise. This game doesn't deserve that name because it doesn't live up to the quality of the other RCT titles.

I'm happy that I can enjoy another theme park simulation game as the spiritual successor of RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. That game is not RollerCoaster Tycoon World.

Abbittibbi
07-14-2017, 11:28 AM
Like dwwilkin said above, there was almost a rebellion from the test group during production. The ranks got decimated by Atari's own ignorance.

It wen't so sour, that at some point, devs group was ordered to shut up and not talk to us anymore. Then we had KIM, manager for production, a wonderful spirit girl working at NVIZZIO who tried to manage damage control. She too ended shuted by Atari. All the appointed community managers ended quiting(Vanillapink, Peaches, Nook) without a public reason. So, we externals people are amused by the internal people, as we see it does not work better inside Atari as the outside image we have.

I was invited to test like others, then they just forgot about us. It's just like going in a restaurant, and the waitress would be ignoring you, claiming it's not her job to take in your order, and you should be going to get it yourself in the kitchen. When you get there, you found there is nothing in the refrigerators, the grill has no gas and the Chef is yelling at you, saying it's your fault all is screwed. Yet, pay your bill still for you got nothing from your order.

Above all, Atari, mother of videogaming, is spitting on the People(community), games, and gaming spirit, incapable of retaining their title.

Along with others, my 3000+ hours of RCT experience was never listened to. It's true we testers worked hard on this title, but almost all was ignored. Among things, I pushed hard for a building generator, and it took months before it was put down on the table, if not, this game would not even have it. The test group also pushed for transports, which I've seen(recorded on camera) in NVIZZIO's studio, but again, that was only sand in the eyes.

It's now clear this title will never be up to the challenge, and based on sales, they will not put in anymore money on it, since the community will not follow, nor believe anymore lies. It's too late. NVIZZIO's contract is done with.

I've had more fun with this forum than with RCTW.

Even if they brought in the most spectacular update ever done for videogame, EVEN FREE, I've move forward, and will not turn back.

JoëlNL
07-14-2017, 12:55 PM
Like dwwilkin said above, there was almost a rebellion from the test group during production. The ranks got decimated by Atari's own ignorance.

It wen't so sour, that at some point, devs group was ordered to shut up and not talk to us anymore. Then we had KIM, manager for production, a wonderful spirit girl working at NVIZZIO who tried to manage damage control. She too ended shuted by Atari. All the appointed community managers ended quiting(Vanillapink, Peaches, Nook) without a public reason. So, we externals people are amused by the internal people, as we see it does not work better inside Atari as the outside image we have.

I was invited to test like others, then they just forgot about us. It's just like going in a restaurant, and the waitress would be ignoring you, claiming it's not her job to take in your order, and you should be going to get it yourself in the kitchen. When you get there, you found there is nothing in the refrigerators, the grill has no gas and the Chef is yelling at you, saying it's your fault all is screwed. Yet, pay your bill still for you got nothing from your order.

Above all, Atari, mother of videogaming, is spitting on the People(community), games, and gaming spirit, incapable of retaining their title.

Along with others, my 3000+ hours of RCT experience was never listened to. It's true we testers worked hard on this title, but almost all was ignored. Among things, I pushed hard for a building generator, and it took months before it was put down on the table, if not, this game would not even have it. The test group also pushed for transports, which I've seen(recorded on camera) in NVIZZIO's studio, but again, that was only sand in the eyes.

It's now clear this title will never be up to the challenge, and based on sales, they will not put in anymore money on it, since the community will not follow, nor believe anymore lies. It's too late. NVIZZIO's contract is done with.

I've had more fun with this forum than with RCTW.

Even if they brought in the most spectacular update ever done for videogame, EVEN FREE, I've move forward, and will not turn back.

Thank you for your posts and your contribution to these forums, and for your work in testing the game, Abbittibbi, dwwilkin and other members of the closed test group. It's sad that it didn't work out the way we all wanted it to work out.

Kombiice
07-21-2017, 06:19 PM
Still here, check.

Waiting for a dev to tick his presence.

darkhorizon
07-24-2017, 02:10 AM
It's quite depressing what the end result of this game is. The amount of hours all the beta testers and the general community put into giving valuable feedback was essentially wasted. I know, for myself, I put quite a bit of time beta testing the UGC system and creating content only to become so frustrated that I abandoned the game altogether. Lots of respect for the members who stuck around despite the grim direction the game took. What a shame.

Harbinger73
07-24-2017, 07:56 AM
Looks like RCTW may not quite be dead just yet:

http://i.imgur.com/mj2NISH.png

[source] (https://steamdb.info/app/282560/depots/)

Whether or not this will be a substantial update remains to be seen.

Caine
07-24-2017, 02:13 PM
Looks like RCTW may not quite be dead just yet:

http://i.imgur.com/mj2NISH.png

Whether or not this will be a substantial update remains to be seen.

But if there is a new update, the question is, how big it is. The gap between the Build ID's is pretty big, so they are working on it for awhile, but we'll newer know until they release something. I doubt that someone from ATARI will tell us something... Hello Nook?... Peaches?...
Okay nobody here :(

Marco Verhoeven
07-24-2017, 03:26 PM
Hope they finally fixed some rides like the spinning coaster. It's so awefull to watch that. The one that created that has never been on a spinning coaster.

Millennium_Force
07-24-2017, 07:36 PM
With only one person working on it how big could it possibly be... don't get your hopes up and you won't be disappointed. I expect a few small big fixes and some more scenery pieces and that'll probably be it.

Caine
07-24-2017, 07:47 PM
With only one person working on it how big could it possibly be... don't get your hopes up and you won't be disappointed. I expect a few small big fixes and some more scenery pieces and that'll probably be it.

I dont have any hopes for this game anymore... but maybe I will be surprised, it would be nice to see.
I still want a real RCT game, because it was the first game I played hundreds of hours.

Harbinger73
08-03-2017, 07:27 AM
There's been a new update on that internal build today:

http://i.imgur.com/0yW7xD1.png

But if there is a new update, the question is, how big it is. The gap between the Build ID's is pretty big, so they are working on it for awhile, but we'll newer know until they release something. I doubt that someone from ATARI will tell us something... Hello Nook?... Peaches?...
Okay nobody here :(

The build ID is a global value, any time any game on Steam pushes a new build it gets incremented by 1 so it doesn't really tell us anything with regards to Nvizzio's internal build numbers. We have no way of knowing how substantial it will be aside from speculating due to the length of time since the last update.

With 3 months since their last patch (tomorrow is to the day) it would stand to reason that there may be something of worth in the patch but I can't help but think it's going to be nothing more than another minor asset drop patch with a spattering of bug fixes.

Millennium_Force
08-03-2017, 10:59 AM
You forgot to add in all the new bugs that the update will introduce.

Harbinger73
08-03-2017, 05:03 PM
You forgot to add in all the new bugs that the update will introduce.

Well I figured that would be a given. ;)

laurent.landry
08-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Still no date for a new update?

ccfan007
08-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Nope maybe Thursday... I don't count on it though.

Harbinger73
08-10-2017, 10:06 AM
They pushed a further update to the "steamtesting" branch yesterday. Still no indication as to when they plan to make it public or what it may contain.

http://i.imgur.com/lVlpuuY.png

Kombiice
08-12-2017, 07:44 AM
No way!

Also. There are 35 watching!

Kombiice
08-15-2017, 03:58 PM
Now there are 60 watching. Huh?

lsarm
08-16-2017, 01:32 PM
hmmm, look at those icons for RollerCoaster Tycoon World

https://i.imgbox.com/KxblGX1Y.png

from this (http://www.atari-investisseurs.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/PRES-ATARI-Juin17.pdf)

Armageddon1x
08-16-2017, 02:14 PM
Oh man, seeing Mac gave me a good chuckle...

If i'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure the physical copy doesn't come with a DVD-ROM. I'm not even going to question about Xbox One and PS4.

lsarm
08-16-2017, 02:47 PM
No idea why someone deleted my post, since the information is public. Anyway....

Harbinger73
08-16-2017, 04:39 PM
No idea why someone deleted my post, since the information is public. Anyway....

No moderation in forever and someone chose to delete a post containing a screenshot from Atari's own publicly available financial presentation. :rolleyes:
(The same image was on page 28 of their English presentation from September 2016 BTW).

Perhaps you spoiled the surprise and patch #8 is taking it cross platform. :confused:

lsarm
08-17-2017, 10:29 AM
No moderation in forever and someone chose to delete a post containing a screenshot from Atari's own publicly available financial presentation. :rolleyes:
(The same image was on page 28 of their English presentation from September 2016 BTW).

Perhaps you spoiled the surprise and patch #8 is taking it cross platform. :confused:

Yep. So weird. Atari should've followed No Man's Sky's model. A huge patch every three months or so. Before last week's patch, No Man's Sky had an average of 500 daily players. Now it's in 10k

Harbinger73
08-17-2017, 05:57 PM
After stumbling on this thread (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?16085-Jeu-encore-soutenu/) is it just me who thinks it's kinda convenient for them to start pushing updates on their internal build just days after a series of posts pointing out they hadn't updated it in months therefore the game was believed to be DOA?

It's been several weeks now and the update itself hasn't materialised, they just seem to be pushing a new update to their test branch maybe once a week.

Call my cynical but I'm starting to doubt they're doing anything besides a minor edit to a text file or something so that they can create the illusion that they're still working on it.

magicart87
08-17-2017, 06:01 PM
After stumbling on this thread (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?16085-Jeu-encore-soutenu/) is it just me who thinks it's kinda convenient for them to start pushing updates on their internal build just days after a series of posts pointing out they hadn't updated it in months therefore the game was believed to be DOA?

It's been several weeks now and the update itself hasn't materialised, they just seem to be pushing a new update to their test branch maybe once a week.

Call my cynical but I'm starting to doubt they're doing anything besides a minor edit to a text file or something so that they can create the illusion that they're still working on it.

You're cynical.

Armageddon1x
08-17-2017, 06:37 PM
Harbinger, your post has been my exact thoughts ever since that first update to the test branch.

Even if there is an update, I don't expect it to be big judging by past updates during the Early Access phase. For example, the Theater ride or whatever it's called turned out to be terrible after a few months of working on it.

I haven't seen anyone from Nvizzio start up RCTW, other than one who last played a few days before the last update in May. ROKH hasn't been updated for almost a month with none of the devs playing it since July (unless they have some private accounts), and only 5 people playing it daily. I've read that the development team for ROKH is entirely different from RCTW's, so them working on RCTW again is out of the question.

Like Wabigbear said in that thread, I'm taking this "supposed" update with a grain of salt.

laurent.landry
08-18-2017, 02:31 PM
Harbinger, your post has been my exact thoughts ever since that first update to the test branch.

Even if there is an update, I don't expect it to be big judging by past updates during the Early Access phase. For example, the Theater ride or whatever it's called turned out to be terrible after a few months of working on it.

I haven't seen anyone from Nvizzio start up RCTW, other than one who last played a few days before the last update in May. ROKH hasn't been updated for almost a month with none of the devs playing it since July (unless they have some private accounts), and only 5 people playing it daily. I've read that the development team for ROKH is entirely different from RCTW's, so them working on RCTW again is out of the question.

Like Wabigbear said in that thread, I'm taking this "supposed" update with a grain of salt.

I share your opinion. If they are not able to make an ad on the site or on steam with interesting images about their work (As was sometimes the case during early access) it is certainly that they did nothing

laurent.landry
08-19-2017, 11:53 AM
I share your opinion. If they are not able to make an ad on the site or on steam with interesting images about their work (
As was sometimes the case during early access) it is certainly that they did nothing

It is a shame that no one has given explanations for RTCW as it was the case on Rokh (see the topic)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/462440/announcements/detail/1426930264105925932

Armageddon1x
08-19-2017, 01:22 PM
That probably has something to do with Atari possibly silencing Nvizzio for RCTW. Thankfully they're not under Atari's control for ROKH.

laurent.landry
08-19-2017, 03:25 PM
That probably has something to do with Atari possibly silencing Nvizzio for RCTW. Thankfully they're not under Atari's control for ROKH.

So it's a shame for Nvizzio to continue his colaboration with Atari on rollercoaster tycoon touch (witch is frequently update)

laurent.landry
09-01-2017, 04:15 PM
So it's a shame for Nvizzio to continue his colaboration with Atari on rollercoaster tycoon touch (witch is frequently update)

I let you read and comment

http://steamcommunity.com/games/462440/announcements/detail/1442696667801861923

Kombiice
09-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Unbelievable.

At least, they are honest.

Kombiice
09-03-2017, 08:23 PM
you're cynical.

i see a gif!

laurent.landry
09-08-2017, 02:25 AM
two months minimum with a so called internal test, any news?

https://steamdb.info/app/282560/depots/

Harbinger73
09-14-2017, 10:46 AM
two months minimum with a so called internal test, any news?

https://steamdb.info/app/282560/depots/

Nope

You're cynical.

Not sure if you were simply being literal as a joke or not (I mean "I did say call me cynical") but with it being 4 days shy of a month since I made that post and still no release it's pretty likely I was correct in that they're just pushing non-updates to their test branch to make it appear like they're working on it in the background.

Rumour has it, much like in the case of Rokh, Nvizzio aren't even attached to this project any more.

DinahLee
09-25-2017, 06:16 PM
I just cannot believe this all happened like tragic. Checked Steam and the last time I played the game was in June and I remember that I really just started and then quited. Been out since...

Is there anything new on the work or they just gave up on everything and pretend nothing happened?

JoëlNL
09-25-2017, 07:44 PM
I just cannot believe this all happened like tragic. Checked Steam and the last time I played the game was in June and I remember that I really just started and then quited. Been out since...

Is there anything new on the work or they just gave up on everything and pretend nothing happened?
The latter, unfortunately.

The RCTW project is indeed a tragic collection of events.

DinahLee
09-25-2017, 08:22 PM
The latter, unfortunately.

The RCTW project is indeed a tragic collection of events.

I swear to god I wish I could move back 2015 and punch me for ever trusting the whole thing and buying the Beta AAAA LOL
I just can't, it's tragic to see this as a whole

mbcdex
09-26-2017, 07:05 AM
You always have to remember ONE thing.

The day will come where all people who have been involved in this will pass off this world.
And I am sure that at latest that point they will be judged for all what they have done.
For cheating, for lying, and for blaming customers who told the right and had been very thoughtful with them.

At least they have the chance to give people their money back but if they dont do, I will not be merciful with them at the end.
As long as they live on earth, they can hide themselves behind doors, but they cant do that forever ...

They still have the chance to correct their bad behaviour, its their chance to do, if they dont ... other with judge about them and they will not be able to hide behind something ...

lsarm
09-26-2017, 10:34 AM
Well, apparently RCT Classic is coming to PC and Mac

http://store.steampowered.com/app/683900/RollerCoaster_Tycoon_Classic/?utm_source=SteamDB&utm_medium=SteamDB&utm_campaign=SteamDB%20App%20Page

Ok, more info:

http://www.atari-investisseurs.fr/communiques-de-presse/

RCT Classic coming to PC. A new RollerCoaster Tycoon game for consoles with VR next year

Armageddon1x
09-26-2017, 02:36 PM
WHAT! WHY?!

Despite everything Atari has done, I can't freaking believe they're bringing RCT Classic to PC... Not to mention that ugly UI, and hardly what I would call new features. I'm going to stick with OpenRCT2, which not only is free because I already bought RCT 1-2 (the true classic RCT's), but also provide a plethora of better features than RCTC.

Kombiice
09-26-2017, 04:51 PM
Well, apparently RCT Classic is coming to PC and Mac

http://store.steampowered.com/app/683900/RollerCoaster_Tycoon_Classic/?utm_source=SteamDB&utm_medium=SteamDB&utm_campaign=SteamDB%20App%20Page

Ok, more info:

http://www.atari-investisseurs.fr/communiques-de-presse/

RCT Classic coming to PC. A new RollerCoaster Tycoon game for consoles with VR next year

This is nonsense.

magicart87
09-26-2017, 05:32 PM
WHAT! WHY?!

:shrugs: ya got me. I don't get this either. Weird. Atari's just trying anything at this point. What customer demo are they after? Who is left that hasn't already been screwed over!? If anything this just shows how deplorable and greedy Atari is with their player-base. I can't imagine why anyone would want to purchase "Classic" for PC. (Port a pc game to mobile then back to pc?) Then again, I can't imagine why anyone including the Tycoon C.S. ( savior-creator turned sell-out) would allow Atari to further bastardize the name of RollerCoaster Tycoon. Eh, I guess a paycheck is a paycheck.

I, for one, will not buy any game branded with the "Fuji Symbol" Big A logo. The symbol serves as a warning label. Atari is death to a franchise. A cancer. Any game distributed by them and especially those bearing resemblance to a "theme-park sim" should come with a surgeon general's warning!

This is a new low for Atari.

JoëlNL
09-26-2017, 06:18 PM
:shrugs: ya got me. I don't get this either. Weird. Atari's just trying anything at this point. What customer demo are they after? Who is left that hasn't already been screwed over!? If anything this just shows how deplorable and greedy Atari is with their player-base. I can't imagine why anyone would want to purchase "Classic" for PC. (Port a pc game to mobile then back to pc?) Then again, I can't imagine why anyone including the Tycoon C.S. ( savior-creator turned sell-out) would allow Atari to further bastardize the name of RollerCoaster Tycoon. Eh, I guess a paycheck is a paycheck.

I, for one, will not buy any game branded with the "Fuji Symbol" Big A logo. The symbol serves as a warning label. Atari is death to a franchise. A cancer. Any game distributed by them and especially those bearing resemblance to a "theme-park sim" should come with a surgeon general's warning!

This is a new low for Atari.

Amen.

There are many things that I could comment on this news, but those comments would break the forum rules, so forget it.

This is very much indeed a new low for Atari. How low can Atari go? Apparently, even lower.

Armageddon1x
09-27-2017, 01:17 AM
(Port a pc game to mobile then back to pc?)

It really is mind boggling. Has there even been a game in history that's done this? This is the first I've heard of something like this.

There are many things that I could comment on this news, but those comments would break the forum rules, so forget it.

Yup... I audibly insulted Atari during my lunch break at my workplace when I read of this news.

Forgath
09-27-2017, 03:57 AM
It doesn't interest me so I'm not fussed.

On a side-note: I had a quick update on the game this morning. It went by in a blink so it can't be anything substantial.
Anyone else seen the same?

SEA DOG
09-28-2017, 12:16 PM
they want 20 bucks for rct classic. lol

Millennium_Force
10-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Does breaking forum rules even matter at this point? It’s not like they are being moderated.

laurent.landry
10-02-2017, 04:37 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/games/282560/announcements/detail/1485483849917419740

Here are some exciting news

magicart87
10-02-2017, 04:55 PM
I guess everyone should buy RCT Classic™ for PC!!! so that Atari can afford to pay these new developers tasked with fixing the game.

magicart87
10-02-2017, 05:01 PM
on an related note: The forum could use some fixing too! I wonder when they'll get around to it?

Beaker86
10-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Umm so this went up on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/games/282560/announcements/detail/1485483849917419740

Caine
10-09-2017, 11:42 AM
on an related note: The forum could use some fixing too! I wonder when they'll get around to it?

I totally agree on this...

The forum could use a few members of the new development team too, and moderators and community managers... and maybe a community?
I hope something changes in the future and that the new development team actually cares about the franchise and more important the wishes and hopes of the fans.

But lets see if we get more news in the future and more communication. It's been a few months since the last official post here and it feels like that nobody cares about us.

Caine
10-31-2017, 11:21 AM
Sorry for double post, but I wanted to share the patch notes for the 8th update...
http://steamcommunity.com/games/282560/announcements/detail/1446079890526132180

Nothing to be excited about

Beaker86
10-31-2017, 11:25 AM
Actually slightly surprised by that.
Not huge but some fixes for small annoying bugs and an expansion of the halloween PxP stuff they added last year.
Nothing huge but exactly what they said would come in the updates when they announced the new team.

Wabigbear
10-31-2017, 04:25 PM
Hmmm, over-sized roofs completely out of scale, along with posts that look to be the size of tree trunks, I can see the problems with proper scaling are being carried forward by the new team. At least most of the textures seem okay, other than a weird yellow bit to the left of the arched windows, but I'm sure that was caught by the people they have testing the game for them...ahem...

If only we had a game feature that allowed us to import our own assets, the over-scaled pnp stuff could just be ignored.

I see they made sure to announce this update here on their own forums too...of course that would require they visit their own forums I guess. Oh well, looks like things are picking right back up where they were before anyways...

osudenny
10-31-2017, 11:30 PM
Ok I see everyone is so critical towards the update. Well personally I would like to give thanks to the new team for trying and for what they gave us. You may ask why. Cause it is a start. We sat still for how long and this is a new start for us all. So yes, Thank you team for this. Love to see more and more of them. A suggestion if I may. The next update maybe add 1 or 2 rides and some more stalls or shops. Give a new sandbox for each new theme with color schemes to go with the new themes. Next one maybe think vacation and stay warm on a hot beach. Bamboo walls, log cabin walls, grass and thatch rooves different types of fountains , statues, shopd, tropical food and drinks stalls, Go Karts, Water rides, midway games. Again Thank you very much for the updates and keep them coming - Please

Denny

maxfreak
11-01-2017, 12:45 AM
My two cents. New update, yay! The main menu no longer has this awkward 30 second hang when I first start the game. My save for my beautiful park no longer opens...but in game the menus feel more clicky/responsive then ever. Although this is probably due to the fact of how much Planet Coaster I've played these last few months. (Sorry PC fans, I think that UI feels like molasses to trudge through). Anyways, whoever worked on the shaders for the new models needs a good spanking. Who decided to use shaders that make objects look like they're lathered in vaseline??? These objects are hardly usable for this reason. They have a weird...banding issue from certain angles, have this "I'm looking at a shallow pool" look, are super shiny, and are even overly dark when viewed head on. What gives? C'mon guys at least TRY...I was so excited to see an update just to be severely disappointed. (Surprise!) I was hoping for a stronger come back but this feels like a whimper.

Screenshots straight from the game to depict these issues:

https://i.imgur.com/db6Gmed.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SjBOZQO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IfnIcKx.jpg

Forgath
11-01-2017, 05:23 AM
I have yet to experience the new update. More focused on creating my own objects. Besides that, I don't celebrate Halloween so this theme doesnt work for me.

An update is an update. And after so many months of silence I'm surprised we are receiving one. Hope to have time upcoming weekend to check it out.

Beaker86
11-01-2017, 07:09 AM
Denny, as much as I hope we will see nrw rides I think it is highly unlikely.
In the announcement for the new team all they said they were doing was bug fixing and PbP packs so I dont expect we'll see anything bigger than what we got this week.

Maxfreak - we've spoken before about the textures on some of the PxP packs and have to agree with you again. It just doesn't fit with the rest of the game and looks a bit weird.

Ill need to jump into the game to see it all for myself. Surprised to see an update, not at all surprised with the content.

faceless252
11-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Can we have more Halloween Themed PXP? There is hardly anything that is similar to the Haunted House already in the game. I was board of the boxy square building ages ago. We need more shapes in PXP. More opportunities to create using the current themes. Like the Medieval and Whimsy Packs they had loads more shapes. I want to see more in the way over roofing shapes and well just more of everything.

Wabigbear
11-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Based on Maxfreak's screenshot I take back my comment that the textures looked okay...

You'd think they could at least match up the texture on two sides of the same wall, and those shaders? Yikes! It also looks like we've taken yet another step backwards on the overall graphics too, unless Maxfreak has his options turned all the way down?

I agree that it's wonderful to finally see an update after months of utter silence, but what we got is hardly worth celebrating in my opinion, especially when it's supposed to kind of show off the new team and what they can do. At least it seems a couple minor bugs got attention...

Beaker86
11-01-2017, 12:12 PM
The key word there being minor!
Not had a chance to check it yet but I wonder if the deco items still show 0 degrees for rotation....

Caine
11-01-2017, 08:27 PM
I agree that it's wonderful to finally see an update after months of utter silence, but what we got is hardly worth celebrating in my opinion, especially when it's supposed to kind of show off the new team and what they can do. At least it seems a couple minor bugs got attention...

I hope that this update was not so big, because they didn't wanted to miss the opportunity to release an halloween update and that they have bigger updates, with bugfixes and hopefully reworks of some mechanics, in the pipeline. But I don't know how realistic these hopes are. But I still hope that somebody talks to us, what is in the works and asks for suggestions. Somekind of community manager would be great^^

Beaker86
11-02-2017, 05:28 AM
I hope that this update was not so big, because they didn't wanted to miss the opportunity to release an halloween update and that they have bigger updates, with bugfixes and hopefully reworks of some mechanics, in the pipeline. But I don't know how realistic these hopes are. But I still hope that somebody talks to us, what is in the works and asks for suggestions. Somekind of community manager would be great^^

I agree some community involvement from Atari would be Great but we still don't have an announcement here yet.
I also suspect there has been some under the hood improvements to the code in general as the whole thing feels a bit smoother, although there is flat land in the first scenario where Im convinced there was a hill previously...

Caine
11-02-2017, 06:11 AM
but we still don't have an announcement here yet.

But there is the announcement for the 8th update on their website, so not only in the steam forums^^

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-post-release-update-8-horror-pack/

But I don't understand why they don't post this here in the forums. Maybe they forgot, that they have these forums?

Forgath
11-02-2017, 07:25 AM
Oh, they are well aware these forums are here. My guess is it's not high on their priority list, or the new 'team' is not large enough.

magicart87
11-04-2017, 06:43 PM
What did I miss? Is RCTW still bad? How's the latest upda... Ugh! nevermind they couldn't even make a decent screenshot showing off their new assets. I'll just skim this thread to see if anything has been substantially improved...

UPDATE: Nope! I appreciate the gesture of providing more PxP content but focus desperately needs to be on other things.

@Maxfreak
Thanks for the screenshot! Confirmation I need not reinstall.

AUS_Twisted
11-05-2017, 05:35 AM
My two cents. New update, yay! The main menu no longer has this awkward 30 second hang when I first start the game. My save for my beautiful park no longer opens...but in game the menus feel more clicky/responsive then ever. Although this is probably due to the fact of how much Planet Coaster I've played these last few months. (Sorry PC fans, I think that UI feels like molasses to trudge through). Anyways, whoever worked on the shaders for the new models needs a good spanking. Who decided to use shaders that make objects look like they're lathered in vaseline??? These objects are hardly usable for this reason. They have a weird...banding issue from certain angles, have this "I'm looking at a shallow pool" look, are super shiny, and are even overly dark when viewed head on. What gives? C'mon guys at least TRY...I was so excited to see an update just to be severely disappointed. (Surprise!) I was hoping for a stronger come back but this feels like a whimper.

Screenshots straight from the game to depict these issues:

https://i.imgur.com/IfnIcKx.jpg

Was this someones first model attempt at school?

The banding issue sounds like no mip mapping for the textures which is a big no no in most cases, that's software mode pre 3D graphics card stuff right there and is often done by amateurs.