PDA

View Full Version : Medieval buildings

Forgath
05-14-2017, 05:08 PM
A combination of the asian and medieval PxP pack:

a third one is work in progress:

i have 3 a 4 more buildings planned, so a small village can be created.

Elessar_Luzente
05-14-2017, 10:12 PM
Those buildings look great :)

Forgath
05-15-2017, 05:35 AM
Those buildings look great :) Thanks Elessar_Luzente! These were the 'relative' easy buildings to create. I have atleast 3 larger houses waiting in line. Im going to try and create them without UGC, only using ingame PxP.

Forgath
05-15-2017, 01:15 PM
number three is finished, a fourth one is work in progress:

MontyMamba
05-15-2017, 10:35 PM
You should build a full park Forgarth, you're work always inspires me. This is beautiful yet again. When I get my laptop back in a week, I hope to post some of my work as well for feedback.

Forgath
05-16-2017, 07:51 AM
You should build a full park Forgarth, you're work always inspires me. This is beautiful yet again. When I get my laptop back in a week, I hope to post some of my work as well for feedback.

Thank you MontyMamba:)
Well i have several more buildings on my to do list, including a windmill, so I'll be busy for a bit.

Forgath
05-16-2017, 03:42 PM
building four and five are finished:

here a few pictures from all medieval buildings together:

Forgath
05-18-2017, 04:02 PM
I intend to post an update this Sunday. I will not have time to play before.

Forgath
05-21-2017, 02:18 PM
Unfortunately only one building today:

Forgath
05-23-2017, 02:36 PM
a new teaser screenshot:

boxman
05-23-2017, 06:28 PM
You are sadly just wasting your time and talking to a brickwall. It has been 3 days since another human being than yourself actually posted a thing on this forum.
Both the community and game is now completely dead... :(

Forgath
05-24-2017, 06:49 AM
You are sadly just wasting your time and talking to a brickwall. It has been 3 days since another human being than yourself actually posted a thing on this forum.
Both the community and game is now completely dead... :(

I wish it would be different but i agree with you that the community and the game is on a very low level. Not much i personally can do to change that.
What i dont understand is how i am wasting my time if i enjoy creating buildings / using a 3d program.

boxman
05-24-2017, 10:27 AM
I wish it would be different but i agree with you that the community and the game is on a very low level. Not much i personally can do to change that.
What i dont understand is how i am wasting my time if i enjoy creating buildings / using a 3d program.
I was more thinking about you posting here, as it seems like no one will really see it anyways.
I definitely do not think you should stop if you enjoy doing it just for yourself.

MontyMamba
05-25-2017, 12:22 AM
Enough people will see it. Even if it's three people, as long as we continue to find time and reasons to play and post every now and then, we'll keep things going ourselves. I do really feel like the game has been making positive strides so I'm not ready to give up on it at all.

laurent.landry
05-25-2017, 05:25 AM

All these creations are very interesting, could you share them via the workshop?

Forgath
05-26-2017, 02:10 AM
All these creations are very interesting, could you share them via the workshop?

I will try to find the time to upload them today. Else it will be after the weekend.

DonSPa
05-26-2017, 04:05 AM
i finally decided to upload some stuff,had a request for construction stuff,so thought it was time to add stuff again,may 18 was when i added some construction people and have had i think the most was 4 people to even look at the models and some i was the only one ,so im guessing no ones playing or just havnt checked to see if anything new was added.still wanna add construction vehicles and other items but kinda hard to be motivated if no one is even playing.But i do wanan try and get this project in

Forgath
05-26-2017, 04:54 AM
i finally decided to upload some stuff,had a request for construction stuff,so thought it was time to add stuff again,may 18 was when i added some construction people and have had i think the most was 4 people to even look at the models and some i was the only one ,so im guessing no ones playing or just havnt checked to see if anything new was added.still wanna add construction vehicles and other items but kinda hard to be motivated if no one is even playing.But i do wanan try and get this project in

I do understand your motivation issue DonSPa. Its nice when others are using / enjoying what you create and upload. Though that is not my goal when i create items.
I have not checked the workshop myself for a good 2 weeks so i have missed your uploads. I will have a look and i hope you get to finish your project.

Elessar_Luzente
05-30-2017, 06:45 PM
There are still people who enjoy the game, so don't give up on it. I've recently subscribed to all of these items, for example. Besides, you could always create UGC for yourself, just like Forgath mentioned.

MontyMamba
05-31-2017, 12:18 AM
Definitely! As someone that isn't good at creating UGC content; I really appreciate you guys creating this stuff. It's a huge help and along with the recent updates, I think we finally have the start of something good in the game. I know there's still a lot left to do as far as what we want in the game, but I see considerable progress and I'm thankful. Anyone seen where Atari has extended the agreement to have the RCT franchise until 2022? Is that exactly correct? If so, what does that mean for the current version of the game? Does that guarantee more updates and improves? A expansion pack maybe? Whole new RCT game altogether??

Forgath
05-31-2017, 11:35 AM
I have uploaded all six medieval buildings i created to the workshop. I intend to make more but i have not gotten around to it this week.

JoëlNL
06-02-2017, 07:49 AM
Definitely! As someone that isn't good at creating UGC content; I really appreciate you guys creating this stuff. It's a huge help and along with the recent updates, I think we finally have the start of something good in the game. I know there's still a lot left to do as far as what we want in the game, but I see considerable progress and I'm thankful. Anyone seen where Atari has extended the agreement to have the RCT franchise until 2022? Is that exactly correct? If so, what does that mean for the current version of the game? Does that guarantee more updates and improves? A expansion pack maybe? Whole new RCT game altogether??
https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/19/atari-secures-the-rollercoaster-tycoon-brand-until-2022/

Forgath
06-04-2017, 09:29 AM
2 pictures for the moment from work in progress:

Elessar_Luzente
06-04-2017, 02:29 PM

First and foremost: great work Forgath :D Keep it up!

I'm still hoping for more significant updates for RCTW, but the last one dated all the way back to January of this year, so the chances for any further development are very slim. I expect the publisher to launch a new PC game in a couple of years and start all over again with a clean slate. However, there's always a chance that the gaming community will show its worst side yet again and ruin a beautiful project, which is exactly what happened to Watch Dogs 2 and RCTW. Nearly all of them blamed the publisher for the swift demise, but the opposite is true from my perspective. Let's hope that won't happen again to any game or franchise, as there's no reason to tear other people's work down if you don't like it. Would anyone dare to do the same to a (public) piece of art and still defend it as a righteous act? To me those people are just as pathetic as people who wittingly destroy pieces of art in a museum, for example.

Armageddon1x
06-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Looking good Forgath. Sorry to go off-topic briefly.

@Elessar_Luzente - What happened to Watch Dogs 2? I'm not entirely familiar with the franchise, but I can't find anything that would lead to it's swift demise. In fact, from what I've read it seems to have improved upon the first Watch Dogs. Pre-order seem to be poor (not a failure) due to people being reluctant to buy it after the first Watch Dogs didn't meet their expectations, since it was different from the demo Ubisoft showcased earlier.

Just curious as to how this is comparable to RCTW, which is almost certainly going to meet it's demise for reasons more than what you suggest?

boxman
06-04-2017, 09:16 PM
Looking good Forgath. Sorry to go off-topic briefly.

@Elessar_Luzente - What happened to Watch Dogs 2? I'm not entirely familiar with the franchise, but I can't find anything that would lead to it's swift demise. In fact, from what I've read it seems to have improved upon the first Watch Dogs. Pre-order seem to be poor (not a failure) due to people being reluctant to buy it after the first Watch Dogs didn't meet their expectations, since it was different from the demo Ubisoft showcased earlier.

Just curious as to how this is comparable to RCTW, which is almost certainly going to meet it's demise for reasons more than what you suggest?
What happened is exactly what you said in that the first game was rather lackluster, which led people to not expect the same from the sequel. Quite sad as it was a huge improvement over the original.

When it comes to RCTW the situation is pretty much completely opposite.

Forgath
06-05-2017, 12:18 PM
Thank you for the replies.

a few more pictures from a small village inside castle walls:

I still would like to add a coaster into the mix, not sure yet how to fit it. I probably have to expand first. :)

ps: there is a actual path lying under the castle floor pieces, so visitors can walk through this place (and around the fountain), but I have not made up my mind yet if i keep it this way.

Armageddon1x
06-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Neat use of the castle floor pieces, Forgath. Does the real path lead towards the back of the buildings as well?

I get a little bit of a Castle Town Market vibe from Ocarina of Time looking at those pictures, haha.

Forgath
06-05-2017, 01:07 PM
Neat use of the castle floor pieces, Forgath. Does the real path lead towards the back of the buildings as well?

I get a little bit of a Castle Town Market vibe from Ocarina of Time looking at those pictures, haha.

I had to google the name for reference pictures, but i do understand what you mean. :)

and yes, at the moment i have 2 entrees:

the red lines are showing the path that is currently there. The white ones are possible directions i can use for more entrees.

Armageddon1x
06-05-2017, 01:25 PM
Oh whoops! I mistook the castle walls as floor behind the buildings. If you are going to build a coaster, what type do you plan to use?

Forgath
06-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Oh whoops! I mistook the castle walls as floor behind the buildings. If you are going to build a coaster, what type do you plan to use?

Good question, I have not made up my mind yet. Perhaps the wooden coaster comes closest to something like a 'medieval theme'.
I will have to do some trial and error.

Elessar_Luzente
06-07-2017, 09:07 PM
A woorden coaster would definitely fit the medieval theme, although a dive coaster would also be an option if you plan to build a tall castle, for example. Keep it up Forgath :D

As a quick reply to boxman and Armageddon1x concerning my previous post: it all comes down to perspective. The demises of both RCTW and Watch Dogs 2 are not entirely similar, but there's a striking similarity if you take a closer look at the overall history of both games. The gaming community - or at least the vast majority of the people involved - was very negative and pessimistic about RCTW and has always remained negative throughout its development, despite the fact that the game had taken huge steps forward since March 2016. This overall negativity lead towards a plethora of extremely negative reviews and pessimism on several internet forums and caused the sales figures to stagnate eventually. Oddly enough, the publisher is being blamed for all this, despite the fact that they've shown their best intentions with the development in the year 2016, but had to pull the plug due to disappointing financial results. More or less the same process could be witnessed with regards to Watch Dogs 2, as the gaming community was never able to forget about the disappointment of Watch Dogs 1 and move on, which caused sales to disappoint heavily (despite the fact that WD2 is a very good game).
Therefore, in both instances the gaming community was negative towards the game beforehand and was clearly unable to see the progress the games had made over time and ultimately killed both projects through their mostly undeserved negativity. It's completely fine to have criticism of course, but the majority of criticism towards both games has never been constructive in any single way, especially towards RCTW. You would expect to see some more positivity over time once the game becomes better and better, but the exact opposite has happened in both cases. I'm not trying to defend anyone, but it's unfair to blame the publisher for the demise of both games, since the gaming community has had a huge impact on that outcome from my perspective. To me these are clear examples of the power gaming communities have and it should make people aware of the necessity to stop following others like cattle and form their own opinions.

This is the last I'll post on this subject. Let's keep supporting and enjoying the game the best we can :)

Forgath
06-16-2017, 01:18 AM
I've been experimenting with a dive coaster and a larger castle, that seems to be a good combination. Aiming to have screenshots next week.

Forgath
06-21-2017, 03:47 AM
Sorry, no updates coming from my end these days. It's disgusting hot weather outside, I have no interest to sit behind the pc.