PDA

View Full Version : POST-RELEASE UPDATE #6 – ASIA PxP AND MORE!

CommunityAdmin
04-07-2017, 04:12 PM
http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/RCTW-Update6-asia_02.png

Spring is here, and with it comes even more fun in your park! With this update we are pleased to introduce some exciting new PxP offerings. Below you’ll find details on our brand-new Asia pack and new additions to our Sci-Fi pack. We’ve also included some Easter pieces to celebrate the season. Asia and Sci-Fi pieces can be found within the PxP menu in-game, and Easter items are split across the scenery menu. As usual we also have a number of fixes and optimizations as part of this update. Read on for more details, and thanks for playing RCTW!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/RCTW-Update6-asia_01.png

FULL UPDATE LIST

New Content Pieces

Asia Theme PxP Pack – 39 total pieces
Asian Rock Wall
Asian Wood Wall
Temple Half Wall
Temple Open Wall
Temple Support Wall
Temple Windowed Wall
Asian Wood Half Wall
Temple Closed Façade
Temple Open Façade
Temple Support Entrance
Temple Wall
Asian Flat Roof
Asian Short Roof Corner
Asian Tall Roof
Asian Tall Roof Inverted Corner
Asian Short Roof
Asian Short Roof Inverted Corner
Asian Tall Roof Corner
Asian Timber Floor
Stone Block Floor
Rock Floor
Wooden Panel Floor
Asian Bench
Asian Railing End
Asian Railing Fill
Asian Spire
Asian Stone Steps
Asian Tree
Asian Wooden Beam
Golden Dragon Statue
Large Asian Brazier
Standing Asian Lantern
Stone Foundation Block
Wooden Column
Asian Door
Paper Lantern
Asian Wall Lantern
Temple Windowed

Space Colony Sci-Fi Themed PxP Pack – 6 pieces

Space Colony Neon Floor
Space Colony Foundation Block
Space Colony Neon Frame
Space Colony Industrial Rail
Space Colony Industrial Rail Corner
Space Colony Industrial Roof

Easter Scenery – 12 pieces

Egg Trash Bin
Egg Hunt Fence
Easter Fence
Easter Fence End
Carrot Top
Rabbit Statue
Purple Tulip
Yellow Tulip
Red Tulip
Pink Tulip
Garden Arch Ride Sign
Garden Lamp

Improvements

Crash: Game crashes when user places some PxP pieces, then placing some PxP stalls and going back to the PxP menu.
Crash: A nulref was observed hanging the game on the Main Menu.
Crash: Game can hang on for several minutes on the Main Menu.
General: Move loading weight away from the Main Menu.
Main Menu: Asset creation for Main Menu.
VFX: The water PxP VFX do not show up if the game is paused before selecting VFX on.
VFX: Split or remove the ground effect from the dripping water effects.

SaruwatariKaito
04-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Hi

Thanks for the update, although I would have expected more bug fixes and especially Transport and more rides including underground terrain.

SK

Future RCT
04-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Welp, I guess its official. Atari/Nvizzio have given up on RCTW and are now focusing on the microtransaction-infested RCTT...

LaurenceColes
04-07-2017, 04:33 PM
More additional scenery assets and some bug fixes.... Are you ever going to add game features or the content that is missing from the game??

I don't want to be negative, and this isn't aimed at you Nvizzio.... But come on Atari spend the money this game franchise deserves!!! No wonder the original Chris Sawyer make no comments about this game.... :( Very sad indeed Atari.... Very sad :(

laracroftonline
04-07-2017, 04:39 PM
Sorry but this game is nothing more than a glorified mobile phone game for pc. RCT Touch is basically the slimmed down version of this version with ingame purchases. And still no water rides, transport rides or underground building.

majherbhead
04-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Well here's another pointless "update". So disappointing, but not unexpected.
Yet more assets (which we could easily add ourselves) and virtually nothing fixed. In fact fewer fixes for this update than the last.
And yet another broken promise - No transport Rides. Early 2017 is now over, the first quarter has now passed.

boxman
04-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Welp, I guess its official. Atari/Nvizzio have given up on RCTW and are now focusing on the microtransaction-infested RCTT...
That is what many of us have been saying for months, but yet some people keep the faith.
The signs have been there for a long time that they more or less ceased development. The first major sign is lack of communication and denial when it comes to features that had been promised and then the second one is the fact that their internal dev build is not updated at all between these small updates, while normally it would be updated several times a week or nearly daily.
And then on top of this, it was something many of us predicted in advance, as this is exactly the same kind of treatment all their other major IP's/game franchises recieved after release.

My bet is that they made a deal with nvizzio to keep one single guy working on these assets while the rest of the team works on the mobile game.

JoëlNL
04-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the update.

I have a question for Atari: where are the transport rides for RollerCoaster Tycoon World that you promised to us back in June 2016?

Wabigbear
04-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Yet more assets (which we could easily add ourselves)...

Well, we could if the UGC system actually worked right...

Bitter Jeweler
04-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Egg trash bins.
What I've always wanted!

Brilliant update!

MontyMamba
04-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Thanks for update. Small but I'm glad to get new scenery pieces. All in all, given the bugs and Ataris track record, I still enjoy the game. I know compared to others, rctw is lacking, but I still enjoy the game nonetheless. After the December update, I don't have nearly half the bugs, I can actually play the game three to four hours without having to restart. Before I could barely even load a park without having to restart several times. I look forward to more updates and I do feel the game is slowly coming along and getting better with each update!! For me, scenery pieces are the huge kicker for me, so the more pieces, the happier I'll be. Can't wait to dig in and try some combinations with the Asia PxP!!

Millennium_Force
04-08-2017, 11:52 AM
I have to ask, what makes a tree "Asian"? Does this particular tree not have a name? Why does Asia only have one tree? So many questions.

loquacious706
04-09-2017, 03:24 AM
Egg trash bins.
What I've always wanted!

You know what you must do...

Aaronroberts
04-09-2017, 05:10 AM
I have to ask, what makes a tree "Asian"? Does this particular tree not have a name? Why does Asia only have one tree? So many questions.
Cherry Blossom would have been a good idea, but then that would mean animating leafs falling right?

Egg trash bins.
What I've always wanted!

Brilliant update!
Yep, this is what people have been asking for, this game was "made with the fans" remember? ;) I'm sure NVIZZIO will improve the game and get those ride animations fixed! as well as the large scaling issues.

AUS_Twisted
04-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Great to see Atari / Nvizzio going all out with RCTW!

laurent.landry
04-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Why buildings on the image are not in pre-made buildings?

Millennium_Force
04-10-2017, 07:15 PM
This game is a complete disaster. How could any one think what Atari/Nvizzio is doing is remotely acceptable? They aren't even working to improve key aspects of the game. They are instead choosing to insert something UGC creators could easily make.

LaurenceColes
04-11-2017, 10:03 AM
Well said Millennium Force! Has anyone checked to see if they have created these new piece with permission or anything from the community? Are they completely new or based on workshop items that already existed?

shyguy
04-11-2017, 03:14 PM
https://youtu.be/fJc49IklgKc

Wabigbear
04-11-2017, 06:48 PM

Well, certainly no one can accuse Atari of just copying Frontier... LOL!

LaurenceColes
04-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Haha!

Now waiting for mods to edit / delete posts..... :P

Neezy216
04-12-2017, 08:06 PM

Thank you for posting this! See everyone, this is how you make a true successor to the RCT franchise! Frontier gave us Cotton candy and funnel cakes....Atari gave us the crap left in an amusement park bathroom during closing time!

Who the ":mad::mad::mad::mad:" cares about some dang on Easter trash bins?
Completely disrespectful to the real reason for this season!

And btw, it's ASIAN PxP not ASIA PxP. SOURCE: Asian may refer to: Something from or related to the continent Asia

Casiquire
04-19-2017, 03:30 AM
Haha!

Now waiting for mods to edit / delete posts..... :P

Mods? Where?

Abbittibbi
04-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Along with Casiquire, moderator?

Where? Who?

Certainly not Peaches, she felt so far off the tree, we can't see her anymore... as for the other, who are they again?:rolleyes:

Maybe community mod like Panda or Beaker will, but then, there is no reason, since this is only sharing the truth, as no bad intentions can be evoked to moderate or shut this thread.

A fair judgment can only be establish when something can be compared to something else. If RCTW was alone on the market today in this kind of games, and this update come out, it would have been amazing and outstanding. Since it can be compare, this is how one can establish this 6th update as for what it is: useless.

Posting this last update about PC is in the appropriated thread as well.

Abbittibbi
04-22-2017, 08:15 PM
Time for it, let's face the facts.... R.I.P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAYyj3mPVD4

Forgath
04-23-2017, 12:51 AM
I find that a terrible sense of humor Abbitibbi.

Abbittibbi
04-23-2017, 04:50 AM
I totally agree. However, if only it was a joke.

I do not laught at this moment...