PDA

View Full Version : So were on the Atari forums

PixelPlayer
12-14-2014, 03:25 PM
And zero replies from Atari on any thread. What a shocker.

At least pipe works had community managers answering questions. Get with the times Atari and get some community managers on the go, give us people to talk to so they can actually answer questions that we have for the game.

The hush hush nature is very 2004. These days we know lots about the games years before they come out due to E3 a similar places, as well as open communication with game developers.

JMR
12-14-2014, 07:23 PM
I understand your points.

A positive is that, sometimes companies spend too much of their time talking, rather than focusing on development. However, with little media release (few screenshots, no video footage), it is very hard to see the current development progress.

I think most of what they are doing is reading and taking in feedback, rather than responding and making comments.

Now that I think about it, it would be handy if there was some sort of upvote/thank you system so that good ideas could stand out from the rest.

Taizen
12-14-2014, 08:06 PM
I agree with you regarding the community managers. Atari really needs people to assure the fans that they are listening. Especially with the severe lack of content thus far.

JMR
12-14-2014, 08:09 PM
I agree with you regarding the community managers. Atari really needs people to assure the fans that they are listening. Especially with the severe lack of content thus far.

Based on the fact that this forum was started only two days ago, I'm not that concerned on the lack of posts. But I do agree, assurance will be needed as time passes.

PixelPlayer
12-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Based on the fact that this forum was started only two days ago, I'm not that concerned on the lack of posts. But I do agree, assurance will be needed as time passes.

Its no different on Facebook. I heard lots from pipe works almost daily... but never from Atari other than promotional stuff - not everyone wants to know about price in every post. Sadly thats all Atari ever post on their Facebook.

The Skipper
12-15-2014, 04:04 PM
As previously stated, the forum is brand new, a lot of the game is as well. The beta hasn't even begun at this point. There is already a lot to sift through to separate the good from the spam

bctrainers
12-15-2014, 04:05 PM
These are brand new forums, people will join in over time. Myself (and the rest of the team here) hopes to make this a fun, bustling, forum in the coming months. :)

The Skipper
12-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Goodaseeya, BC!

JMR
12-15-2014, 04:14 PM
Greetings moderators. Great to see you here.

greenstranger
12-15-2014, 04:20 PM
As previously stated, the forum is brand new, a lot of the game is as well. The beta hasn't even begun at this point. There is already a lot to sift through to separate the good from the spam
It not as bad as spam I once saw on a forum. You would have hay day. Most of the users were spam bots.

These are brand new forums, people will join in over time. Myself (and the rest of the team here) hopes to make this a fun, bustling, forum in the coming months. :)
I was hoping that you guys would make meet the staff page. Yeah it take little bit for people to join.

Mattlab
12-15-2014, 04:47 PM
And zero replies from Atari on any thread. What a shocker.

At least pipe works had community managers answering questions. Get with the times Atari and get some community managers on the go, give us people to talk to so they can actually answer questions that we have for the game.

The hush hush nature is very 2004. These days we know lots about the games years before they come out due to E3 a similar places, as well as open communication with game developers.

More news, dev blogs, screens, feature discussions, and questions being answered are coming soon! We cannot wait to share more about the game and introduce the many different members of the team working on making this the best RCT game ever!

JMR
12-15-2014, 04:57 PM
More news, dev blogs, screens, feature discussions, and questions being answered are coming soon! We cannot wait to share more about the game and introduce the many different members of the team working on making this the best RCT game ever!

I had hope that you would post something like this. I am so pleased to hear that! Just gives the community the assurance it needs. :)

I look forward to it.

Plokoon111
12-15-2014, 04:57 PM
So its interesting to notice that the atari moderator's are the same from the old forums? Were they called back for this project?

CreamyBeef
12-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Hello, new moderators! I was wondering, is it possible to have a Q & A session with the RCTW team on the forum or through something else?

mb1.0.2
12-15-2014, 11:41 PM
Will Phoxe be joining us?

ncutt010
12-15-2014, 11:49 PM

Glad to here this! :)

Just an idea. Atari should begin forums with polls suggesting different features that they can easily add to the game. This allows us users to give direct feedback on whether we want the feature to be included. Right now we are all suggesting features but are unaware of the time/effort it would take for Atari to implement them. For things that Atari is stuck on the fence with, why not start at poll and ask us users if we would enjoy it....

darkhorizon
12-16-2014, 12:04 AM

Oh yes, that would be lovely!

FlyingDutchman7
12-16-2014, 05:39 AM

Maybe the current admin IS Phoxe ;)

Now the mod-announcement post has been deleted. Wasn't censorship one of the big pillars of Phoxe?

PixelPlayer
12-16-2014, 06:57 PM

So BETA confirmed incoming in future?