PDA

View Full Version : First Person ride ?

MyArtIsMurder94
03-06-2017, 12:18 PM
I know the engine of rctc is ages old. But I was wondering if it could be possible to add a first person view when u follow a rollercoaster train.

What do u think about this idea ? And maybe a dev sees this and could answer the question ^^

coastercrazy19
03-06-2017, 07:06 PM
That's impossible, it's not a 3D game. It uses 2D sprite graphics.

MyArtIsMurder94
03-06-2017, 07:30 PM
That's impossible, it's not a 3D game. It uses 2D sprite graphics.

I think with modernen experience and such a high quality team it should be possible to create a "fake 3d" effect.

MyArtIsMurder94
03-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Still not possible without rebuilding the entire game. All buildings, trees etc. basically just exist as only 4 images, which are the ones you see when rotating the view.

Try making a first person view from just Google Earth. It's impossible.

Hm yeah sounds logic...

But even recreating everything in a old Duke nukem 2/3d style would take long.

But yeah guess that would be to complicated for just a remade game :/

But I would be really interested in what a development would say to this!

Beaker86
03-07-2017, 12:55 AM
I cant remember where I saw it but there was an interview with Chris Sawyer a while ago, not long after RCTC was released where he stated they would not be looking to add any additional features.

MyArtIsMurder94
03-07-2017, 07:51 AM
I cant remember where I saw it but there was an interview with Chris Sawyer a while ago, not long after RCTC was released where he stated they would not be looking to add any additional features.

Naw to sad :/ because these games are still the best they ever created . More features would make it even better!