PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Coaster Challenge #2

Peaches
02-13-2017, 01:37 PM
Hiya Again Everyone!

I wanted to say thanks to those who participated in the last challenge, you are ALL awesome! Now we move onto Coaster Challenge #2 and the poll is at the bottom for your voting actions! I will leave this poll up all week long to give everyone here a chance to get their votes in.

Once Friday comes to an end, I will count and post the votes here in this thread and the coaster building will begin right after the announcement has been made.

Here is the link to the voting poll:
http://www.strawpoll.me/12331472/r

:D

coastercrazy19
02-15-2017, 11:26 PM
Why is spinning coaster winning?

BetterOff
02-16-2017, 01:43 AM
Why is spinning coaster winning?
Because it has the most votes.

Forgath
02-16-2017, 01:48 AM
If all who voted will be creating a coaster and join in on the contest, I'd say it's a good thing. :)

coastercrazy19
02-16-2017, 05:54 AM
Because it has the most votes.

BUT WHY? Doesn't it just spin constantly?

Peaches
02-16-2017, 10:16 AM
Hiya Everyone!

Just wanted to swing in and remind everybody that the voting ends tomorrow! Nook gave me a countdown tool that he uses for the Stream countdowns and timers. Neat little web timer, thanks Nook! :)

Here it is: https://a.chronus.eu/17A41E8

(Also, have a look at the screenshot of the latest state of votes).

Millennium_Force
02-16-2017, 10:30 AM
Last I checked heckled the spinning coaster is very broken. Although it may have been fixed, I forget. Let's hope that it is fixed before the competition.

Forgath
02-17-2017, 04:24 AM
I have not even touched that coaster so i can't tell if it is (or was) broken.
I usually don't build coasters that make me sick. Silly thing , i know :p

Bitter Jeweler
02-17-2017, 11:02 AM
With so many votes, it looks like this contest is going to be intense!
Game on!

Forgath
02-20-2017, 02:35 AM
43 votes were given to the second coaster challenge. I'm curious to see what people can create :)

Peaches
02-21-2017, 10:28 AM
LOVING the participation here and I will be working on my entry all week!

I was unplugged all weekend so I am sorry for not being around. :(

Good luck to all who enter! :D

Challenge Details

You have the remainder of the week to create your spinning coaster (Entries due in to me by the link here: https://a.chronus.eu/17A6A74). Use any park with any number of expansions. Be creative as the community will be voting on the winner. Save the blueprint and make it public on the workshop. If you have issues doing this, please let me know. Then send the workshop link in a PM to me here on the forums.

Challenge reward will be another Atari Vault Key. :D

Good luck and have fun! I am SUPER excited to see some dizzy spinning coasters!

Forgath
02-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Making a type of coaster that I actually don't enjoy is a difficult task :p

Peaches
02-23-2017, 03:10 PM
I understand Forgath and for the next challenge the polling will happen here on the forums and not on Straw-poll.

I am almost done with mine though and will be ready to submit tomorrow. Stay strong and just get it finished, there will be more challenges to come! :D

Beaker86
02-23-2017, 04:34 PM
Dont think I'll get one done this week - RL taking over just now.
Hoping to do a PxP stream on Monday night approx 10PM GMT got a specific build in mind so will keep you all posted

Bitter Jeweler
02-23-2017, 05:04 PM
Making a type of coaster that I actually don't enjoy is a difficult task :p
Isn't that the whole point of a CHALLENGE though?

Forgath
02-23-2017, 05:41 PM
Isn't that the whole point of a CHALLENGE though?

I see your point, but I disagree. Creating a coaster is not my biggest interest. The only 2 coaster types that slightly grab me are the looping and wooden coaster.

Peaches
02-24-2017, 06:21 PM
Only about 4.5 hours left to submit your spinning coasters! :D

Peaches
02-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Hiya Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have extended the current coaster challenge by one week. That means that everyone has until this Friday (March 3rd) to send their creations to me here in a PM. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! :)

Bitter Jeweler
02-27-2017, 03:10 PM
I wish I knew that over the weekend (playtime)! I got bombarded with work last week.
I'll see what I can do this week!

Peaches
02-27-2017, 03:22 PM
It's ok Bitter! These challenges are more for the fun than anything else. Let me know if you get something done and send it through PM. Maybe we extend through the weekend too if others need some more time.

:D

Forgath
02-27-2017, 04:23 PM
Hiya Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have extended the current coaster challenge by one week. That means that everyone has until this Friday (March 3rd) to send their creations to me here in a PM. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! :)

If I find the time, am I allowed to adjust and re-enter my creation?

Peaches
02-27-2017, 05:06 PM
Hey Forgath,

Remember that this challenge is for the Spinning Coaster. :D

Forgath
02-27-2017, 05:24 PM
Hey Forgath,

Remember that this challenge is for the Spinning Coaster. :D

Yes, that I know. But since the challenge is a week extended I was wondering if I'm allowed to adapt and re-enter the spinning coaster I created.

Peaches
02-27-2017, 05:30 PM
Absolutely! Just let me know when you are going to resubmit so I can update the list we have going here.

:)

Sawyer
03-02-2017, 02:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cASA5mz.jpg

Entered :)

B3DDO3S
03-02-2017, 08:54 PM
I've entered too, good luck Chris :)

Sawyer
03-05-2017, 02:11 PM
Helllooooooo? -prods with stick-?

What is going on? :confused:

Millennium_Force
03-06-2017, 01:50 AM
Chances are they are going to extend the contest again for some other reason (likely lack of entries, or more specifically lack of entries that will make the game look good).

boxman
03-06-2017, 02:16 AM
Chances are they are going to extend the contest again for some other reason (likely lack of entries, or more specifically lack of entries that will make the game look good).
That wont happen with the spinning coaster lol. The only way to make it look anything but horrible would be to edit out everything but the lifthill part when it is not spinning.

coastercrazy19
03-06-2017, 10:55 AM
They can't even do a simple contest right. Nvizzio's incompetence is astounding!

Beaker86
03-06-2017, 11:41 AM
They can't even do a simple contest right. Nvizzio's incompetence is astounding!

Just for clarification Nvizzio aren't involved in the contest.
That said, it has now been over a week since we had any information about this contest so it would be nice to hear something from Peaches or Nookriot regarding it.

Millennium_Force
03-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Remember when Peaxhes showed up and every one was excited and she had great ideas, and we all thought things were looking up? This failed contest shows that they were just trying to convince us to not give up on giving them money.

Nookriot
03-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Unfortunately, Peaches will no longer be with us. She had a family emergency while I was away at GDC that I did not find out about until earlier this morning. Sad to see her go but nothing we can do but wish her the best.

As for this challenge, Peaches has passed over all of the entries she was holding so I will be posting them later for all to vote.

Appreciate the patience on this one. :(

EDIT: Poll is up at the beginning of this thread. Voting will close at the end of the week.

Forgath
03-06-2017, 06:27 PM
I hope all is well for Peaches and her family.

Good luck to those in the coaster contest!
And no, I'm not voting on myself. :)

B3DDO3S
03-06-2017, 06:30 PM

And no, I'm not voting on myself. :)

Yeah good luck to everyone, I look like a d*ck because I did vote for myself by accident, please Nook can you somehow take my vote out of the competition. Thanks.

P.S. Can we get videos of each coaster?

Around the World - I couldn't get them to spin correctly so spun in the vertical direction instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQyvvi2sks

coastercrazy19
03-06-2017, 06:40 PM
You're supposed to vote for yourself. :p

majherbhead
03-06-2017, 10:00 PM

Out of all those people who voted for the spinning Coaster; Only 3 entered? Wow. I was expecting a few more than that.

AUS_Twisted
03-06-2017, 10:35 PM
haha what a joke.

Forgath
03-07-2017, 01:37 AM
Out of all those people who voted for the spinning Coaster; Only 3 entered? Wow. I was expecting a few more than that.

Anyone could vote in the straw poll so I'm not surprised. :)

Wabigbear
03-07-2017, 07:27 AM
Well, even if there's only three entries I'm sure they'll each show off just what a well designed ride the spinning coaster is!

Contests like these that really highlight some of the games features tend to speak for themselves much better than any written reviews I'd say. After all - "seeing is believing" as the old saying goes...

Elessar_Luzente
03-08-2017, 12:56 AM
The fact that most people voted for B3DDO3S's coaster design says more about the voters than the game and the contest to be honest. Everyone's entitled to his or her own opinion of course, but to abuse a fun contest for protest voting is pitiable. :(

Wabigbear
03-08-2017, 07:46 AM
To be honest pointing out the facts of what's still wrong says more about about the game than the voters.

I find it more pitiable that after almost a year and despite promises made, the ride still is broken, but yes, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, just seems that a large number share one on this issue. Three entries kind of reflects on how 'fun' the contest was as well.

Forgath
03-08-2017, 09:17 AM
I dont like the specific coaster, regardless if its broken or not.

I'll join in a next contest. Or, if need be, I'll try to set one up myself.

B3DDO3S
03-08-2017, 09:45 PM
I will be honest Atari letting the spinning coaster be an option when it is very broken is crazy. I honestly did try and make a good coaster and the game physically would not give me a good spinning coaster experience I actually gave up and wasn't going to enter so I deleted all the nodes and that shape appeared it needed very little altering to pass the coaster test and I called it good. I didn't expect to actually be counted as an entry but such joke physics and game deserved a joke entry and I feel that is why I am winning.

Trouble is due to these constant jokes that Atari is providing people don't care, sadly these competitions have become a joke and not really because of the fans but because of Atari and the game. If the fans didn't take advantage of these jokes then nobody would enter and nobody would vote. It kind of grinds my gears that Nook voted in the poll, when has an admin who is giving the prize away ever voted, it would seem biased. Don't get me wrong Forgath I think your coaster is awesome though.

Forgath
03-10-2017, 01:48 AM
I don't find the game a joke, but i agree with you that the physics should be allot better.

Concerning the voting: I am not in charge of who gets to vote or not. Personally i find my coaster half-done: it has no scenery. Any coaster / ride is as good as the scenery around it in my opinion.

Sawyer
03-10-2017, 11:31 AM
This is close :D

Forgath
03-10-2017, 04:15 PM
This is close :D

You are in lead ;)

shyguy
03-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Just wondering if shyguy's World hosted RCTW competitions if anyone would be interested.

Forgath
03-11-2017, 03:05 PM
I'll join. :)

shyguy
03-11-2017, 05:11 PM
I've started a thread on the RCTW board at SGW. I don't want to derail this topic, so if you are interested, post there.

Sawyer
03-11-2017, 06:07 PM
*twiddles thumbs*

Millennium_Force
03-11-2017, 06:24 PM
It's the weekend. No one is currently being paid to check the forums. I'm sure they will answer your win Monday morning.

shyguy
03-11-2017, 07:11 PM
It's the weekend. No one is currently being paid to check the forums. I'm sure they will answer your win Monday morning.
What win? Bwa ha ha.:mad:

Forgath
03-13-2017, 11:29 AM
Looks to me you received the most votes Sawyer, so congrats. :)

To shyguy: I posted on the forum.

JoŽlNL
03-13-2017, 07:27 PM
Congratulations Sawyer! ;)

Forgath
03-14-2017, 04:19 AM
I would appreciate it if Nookriot, or someone else, would declare this contest won by Sawyer and close it.

Ps: I should vote on my own entry the next time, that seems to be normal :p

coastercrazy19
03-14-2017, 12:40 PM
It takes just a couple of minutes to announce a winner, for crying out loud ATARI this is amateur hour.

DistortAMG
03-15-2017, 03:33 AM
Atari literally fail at EVERYTHING. Be it a tiny, simple competition. Or a game. They struggle to do anything right. Come on Atari for crying out loud.

B3DDO3S
03-15-2017, 11:22 PM
This is stupid, the competition goes on now its even again. Sawyer no matter what happens with the score, Atari are useless and you are the winner, what are you going to do with Atari Vault?

Forgath
03-16-2017, 02:43 AM
This is stupid, the competition goes on now its even again. Sawyer no matter what happens with the score, Atari are useless and you are the winner, what are you going to do with Atari Vault?

I had a feeling this might happen so i made a screenshot last Saturday ;)

coastercrazy19
03-16-2017, 07:23 PM
They just don't freakin' care about RCTW anymore, this is hilarious and sad. It takes no more than 5 minutes to announce a winner and PM a key.

Peaches was just a volunteer and was more interactive and punctual with these things than someone they actually pay to do this...

Sawyer
03-16-2017, 07:43 PM
I haven't had any PM. :/

shyguy
03-17-2017, 01:21 PM
The RCTW competition has begun at SGW. The more who enter, the bigger the prize.

boxman
03-17-2017, 10:19 PM
This is really disgusting behavior from Atari as well as Nookriot.
This just shows how little respect they have and how much they despise their own community.
It would take no more than a few minutes max to declare a winner.

And to Nookriot.. I have never blamed you personally for being quiet, as I knew it was most likely Atari that told you guys to keep quiet about certain topics, but there is absolutely no excuse for ignoring a competition that was created on behalf of Atari.
Why were you hired?? I thought you were hired to communicate with community?? That is what community managers do and that is the reaon Mattlab claimed you were brought on board. The streams are gone, progress updates are completely non existant, you are not helping people out with support and are now completely ignoring your own official forums as well as steam. Why are you still at Atari?

It is really amazing how anyone could still have faith in the game, when they constantly keep failing at even something as simple as competitions.
I honestly do not know of any publisher besides Atari that is incompetent in EVERYTHING you try to do.

AUS_Twisted
03-18-2017, 02:48 AM
People still play this game?

JoŽlNL
03-18-2017, 06:22 AM
Sigh...

Nookriot, can you please close the contest and announce the winner? That would be appreciated.