PDA

View Full Version : New Addition to the Team!

Nookriot
01-30-2017, 04:05 PM
Afternoon Tycoon Fans!

We are pleased to announce that we have some additional help here within our community. Please take a few minutes to welcome Peaches as our new volunteer moderator / assistant CM. She will be helping us out by engaging the community within a few different areas. She will be moderating and mediating posts & threads, answering questions and she will also be concocting some new creative initiatives across all RCT titles.

In addition to that, as I have mentioned in the past, forum updates are coming (Stuff that has been on the plan for far too long now) including but not limited to forum maintenance, technical clean up, archiving and some new forum bells & whistles for all to enjoy! We will also be adding some more forums mods as well so stay tuned for those announcements coming #soon!

But I digress...

I will not steal Peaches thunder by going over her backstory in details, I will leave that for her to share with you all. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Happy Monday!

Peaches
01-30-2017, 05:01 PM
Hello Everybody! :D

I am SUPER SUPER excited to be here! Thanks to Nookriot for the intro and HI EVERYONE! Now for a little bit about me. I have always been a big fan of the original Sims and SimCity. After many years on those I found RCT2, which led to RCT3, then on to RCTW. What really drew me to these types of games was the creative freedom to build what I wanted, where I wanted, when I wanted it. I wasn't a HUGE fan of the simulation part of the game but I can see how someone could get happily lost in all that management!

I am really hoping to bring to you all some creative inspiration through my full-parks as well as my PxP creations. I will be sharing them with you all! Below is a minor outline of things that I have already planned for the next two months. The idea is to get the creativity flowing and to keep these creations sweet and simple (Also note that these are just ideas for now and the dates are not in stone. The actual challenges may happen starting in March, just really wanted to get some good community thoughts on this.

February (Valentine's Day Theme):
Month Long Challenge - Create a Valentine'd Day themed park, using only the the starting park expansion given (1 square only).
Week One Challenge - Create a small PxP Info Booth within the Valentine's Day Theme
Week Two Challenge - Create a small PxP Bathroom within the Valentine's Day Theme
Week Three Challenge - Create a small PxP Custom Building within the Valentine's Day Theme

March (St. Patrick's Day Theme):
Month Long Challenge - Create a St. Patrick's Day themed park using only two park expansions in total (2 squares only)
Week One Challenge - Create a small PxP Burger Stand within the St. Patrick's Day Theme
Week Two Challenge - Create a small PxP Balloon Stand within the St. Patrick's Day Theme
Week Three Challenge - Create a small PxP Custom Building within the St. Patrick's Day Theme

Submissions: All entries must be in the form of a workshop item and the links must be sent to me here in the form of a Private Message (PM). All final details to come in their own thread within Creative Discussion. These are just ideas I wanted to circulate within the community.

Ok, enough. I will stop yammering, need something to talk about in other threads~! (Sorry in advance, just super excited!). Feel free to send me a PM with any questions you have and keep your eyes peeled to these threads. Polls are coming soon to see what everyone would like to see on future contests as well as other community ideas!

:)

Beaker86
01-30-2017, 05:29 PM
Welcome to our corner of the internet Peaches.
Like the ideas for creative challenges (hope we get assets to help with them ;) )
Looking forward to seeing how the community moves forward in the coming weeks :D

Peaches
01-30-2017, 05:38 PM
Thanks Beaker86!

Very exciting times and I am looking forward to all the fabulous ideas that this community comes up with!

faceless252
01-30-2017, 06:08 PM
Hello Everybody! :D

I am SUPER SUPER excited to be here! Thanks to Nookriot for the intro and HI EVERYONE! Now for a little bit about me. I have always been a big fan of the original Sims and SimCity. After many years on those I found RCT2, which led to RCT3, then on to RCTW. What really drew me to these types of games was the creative freedom to build what I wanted, where I wanted, when I wanted it. I wasn't a HUGE fan of the simulation part of the game but I can see how someone could get happily lost in all that management!

I am really hoping to bring to you all some creative inspiration through my full-parks as well as my PxP creations. I will be sharing them with you all! Below is a minor outline of things that I have already planned for the next two months. The idea is to get the creativity flowing and to keep these creations sweet and simple (Also note that these are just ideas for now and the dates are not in stone. The actual challenges may happen starting in March, just really wanted to get some good community thoughts on this.

February (Valentine's Day Theme):
Month Long Challenge - Create a Valentine'd Day themed park, using only the the starting park expansion given (1 square only).
Week One Challenge - Create a small PxP Info Booth within the Valentine's Day Theme
Week Two Challenge - Create a small PxP Bathroom within the Valentine's Day Theme
Week Three Challenge - Create a small PxP Custom Building within the Valentine's Day Theme

March (St. Patrick's Day Theme):
Month Long Challenge - Create a St. Patrick's Day themed park using only two park expansions in total (2 squares only)
Week One Challenge - Create a small PxP Burger Stand within the St. Patrick's Day Theme
Week Two Challenge - Create a small PxP Balloon Stand within the St. Patrick's Day Theme
Week Three Challenge - Create a small PxP Custom Building within the St. Patrick's Day Theme

Submissions: All entries must be in the form of a workshop item and the links must be sent to me here in the form of a Private Message (PM). All final details to come in their own thread within Creative Discussion. These are just ideas I wanted to circulate within the community.

Ok, enough. I will stop yammering, need something to talk about in other threads~! (Sorry in advance, just super excited!). Feel free to send me a PM with any questions you have and keep your eyes peeled to these threads. Polls are coming soon to see what everyone would like to see on future contests as well as other community ideas!

I really enjoyed the last challenge you set all through my game in January which was to try and use PxP without it crashing. I hope you will get this fixed before the event. Many thanks.

Peaches
01-30-2017, 06:13 PM
Hiya Faceless252!

The team is currently working on the next update. We will share the details once we have them.

Thanks! :)

faceless252
01-30-2017, 07:29 PM
Hiya Faceless252!

The team is currently working on the next update. We will share the details once we have them.

Thanks! :)

Thanks Peaches. It's been doing my head in for a while now with the PXP. I have posted loads on the forum about it. Beaker sent you over my list of issues but could really do with direct contact with you via steam if possible.

DoctorPelusa
01-30-2017, 07:49 PM
Welcome on board Peaches! ;)

Hope to see more community iteration now that we have two community mannagers, not only by having more contests, but also answering people in the forums and steam :)

DanPlayer01
01-30-2017, 08:27 PM
Awesome news, welcome to the community! I love the challenges. :D

Peaches
01-30-2017, 09:26 PM
Thanks Peaches. It's been doing my head in for a while now with the PXP. I have posted loads on the forum about it. Beaker sent you over my list of issues but could really do with direct contact with you via steam if possible. Faceless, you can be sure that Nvizzio has seen your items as they continue to make improvements to the game. I am no technical wizard by any means but I will try to help where I can.

Welcome on board Peaches! ;)

Hope to see more community iteration now that we have two community mannagers, not only by having more contests, but also answering people in the forums and steam :)Thanks Doc! Is it ok to call you Doc? ;) Definitely more answering on the way!

Awesome news, welcome to the community! I love the challenges. :DThanks Dan! More challenges to come and I posted a poll over in creative for those that are interested!

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?15542-Challenge-Ideas!-Poll

Loving the warm welcome too! Thanks all! :D

Forgath
01-31-2017, 02:59 AM
Welcome aboard Peaches!

Those challenges look nice, I hope i can set time aside to join in. Means first i have to read up on what St. Patrick's day theme involves...:confused:

DoctorPelusa
01-31-2017, 07:26 AM
Thanks Doc! Is it ok to call you Doc? ;) Definitely more answering on the way!

I don't have a time machine delorian, but everyone does, so I guess it's ok xD

Abbittibbi
01-31-2017, 07:33 AM
Did anyone at Atari finaly wake up one morning and said: hey, let's do something to promote RCTW. Let's do something to get a community together, and try to stop the flow of hate that is upon us...

All you needed to do was listen, but Atari is incapable of doing this.

Too little, too late. Really wish you would have joined in different circumstances.

Welcome on board a sinking ship!

Peaches
01-31-2017, 10:10 AM
Welcome aboard Peaches!

Those challenges look nice, I hope i can set time aside to join in. Means first i have to read up on what St. Patrick's day theme involves...:confused:I hope you can set aside time too Forgath! I have seen some of your creations on our threads and I am excited to see what you come up with! :D

I don't have a time machine delorian, but everyone does, so I guess it's ok xDThanks Doc! Love the reference too! :D

Did anyone at Atari finaly wake up one morning and said: hey, let's do something to promote RCTW. Let's do something to get a community together, and try to stop the flow of hate that is upon us...

Too little, too late. Really wish you would have joined in different circumstances.

Welcome on board a sinking ship!Well, Abbittibbi, nice to meet you too. I am here to help where I can but do not agree with your "sinking ship" theory or your "too little, too late" theory. Nvizzio is still working on the game and I will work to engage everyone here within this community. Hope you stick around for the changes that are coming. You sound like a passionate RCT fan and I would love to see your creations within the game. Care to add me on Steam?

Caine
01-31-2017, 01:32 PM
Hi Peaches, welcome aboard :)

Is this a fresh start in the communication between devs and community?
I hope so, and I hope that you keep your excitement, even then the community is not so hopeful about the game.
Personally I keep my hopes and see your appearance as a good sign, just like the last update and the arrival of the RCTW TShirt (which I'm wearing right now ;) ) last week.

Kind Regards
Caine

Peaches
01-31-2017, 01:40 PM
Hi Peaches, welcome aboard :)

Is this a fresh start in the communication between devs and community?
I hope so, and I hope that you keep your excitement, even then the community is not so hopeful about the game.
Personally I keep my hopes and see your appearance as a good sign, just like the last update and the arrival of the RCTW TShirt (which I'm wearing right now ;) ) last week.

Kind Regards
CaineHiya Caine! Loving the positive attitude and glad to see you got that shirt! (Now I need to poke Nookriot about one for me) ;)

Nvizzio is still working on the game and I will continue to keep positive and work to make sure that communication is clear. Once I have details to share you can be sure I will share them! :D

Millennium_Force
01-31-2017, 02:01 PM
Peaches, I hate to break it to you but not only is it a sinking ship, this ship has already sunk. Nvizzio and Atari can make the game perfect over the next year, and that still will not change people's views on the game. Since the game was released completely unfinished and buggy as can be, crashes every few minutes, people have the game bad reviews praising the other game instead. In this market, first impressions are the only things that matter and RCTW had the worst first impression ever setting every one who may have bought the game off the game and to the other game. Nothing at this point will change any ones opinion.

boxman
01-31-2017, 02:58 PM

Welcome on board a sinking ship!It is a cycle that has repeated many times in the past already.
Whenever there is some kind of drama around them or they ****ed up in one way or another they always go quiet for weeks-months before they suddenly come back after community wonders what is going on and promise to do better and keep us updated and then this cycle repeats...

Either way good luck... Hope atari is able for once to break this cycle ;P

Sanguis
01-31-2017, 03:40 PM
Since the game was released completely unfinished and buggy.

Two times.

JoëlNL
01-31-2017, 06:52 PM
Hey Peaches,

Welcome to the community! It's nice to see a new face on the forums. I'm happy to see that you have a very positive attitude and I like that.

I wish you all the best and lots of positivity with your work as volunteer moderator and assistant CM. The same goes for you Nookriot! :)

DonSPa
02-01-2017, 04:13 AM
welcome to the forum peaches,i dont come on much any more but saw this and wanted to welcome you,i havnt uploaded anything in steam since christmas,ive been busy with other things,i did start rctw up tonite for the first time in a while and did notice right away the faster load times,and i noticed the same flaws in the ugc part thats been reported a looooooong time ago and this is the area that is one of my fav parts.But again just want to welcome u to the forum,would say family but the forum has strayed away from that feeling

JMR
02-01-2017, 11:26 AM
Hey Peaches!

Things have been rather stale around here. I have not posted in a while. However, this is refreshing to see!

I look forward to seeing the changes take place. Hopefully things will liven up around here.

Would you consider doing any management related competitions?

Welcome!

Peaches
02-01-2017, 11:31 AM
Hey Peaches!

Things have been rather stale around here. I have not posted in a while. However, this is refreshing to see!

I look forward to seeing the changes take place. Hopefully things will liven up around here.

Would you consider doing any management related competitions?

Welcome!Thanks JMR! I have heard a lot about your creations and streams too. Hoping to see you back in action! Let me know when you plan to stream again so I can stop by! :D

Marco Verhoeven
02-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Welcome Peaches! Just a question. Are you also going to stream RCTW like Nook? Maybe streaming together??

Kombiice
02-01-2017, 05:04 PM
Welcome, welcome :)

Peaches
02-02-2017, 09:54 AM
Welcome Peaches! Just a question. Are you also going to stream RCTW like Nook? Maybe streaming together??Sorry, I do not do streams. I will be in chat though! :)

Welcome, welcome :)Thanks Kombiice! :)

majherbhead
02-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Hello Peaches. And Welcome to the RCTW community. Its nice to actually see someone here on behalf of Atari, its been too long with no one but ourselves.

Sorry, I do not do streams. I will be in chat though! :)

Does this mean Nook will be streaming RCTW again soon?

Peaches
02-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Hello Peaches. And Welcome to the RCTW community. Its nice to actually see someone here on behalf of Atari, its been too long with no one but ourselves.

Does this mean Nook will be streaming RCTW again soon?

Indeed! We spoke about it and he said that it makes sense to re-spark the streams in line with the challenges we are working on right now. Once we get all the votes in and formalize the details & rewards of the challenge, Nook is going to be talking about it (and building coasters) on the next few streams. He was also being vague saying that there are other titles that will be streamed as well. :)

André 000
02-03-2017, 03:45 PM
@Peaches, Welcome and great to see Atari is taking their users serious, so many thanks.
Me myself I don't play RCTW, only RCT Mobile and I really wish more ATARI minded people like you would be there also active.
I think you understand that it is very frustrating when people asking questions all the time and Atari is not home...
I hope that maybe due to your presence ,activity, and possible contacts within the Atari community, RCT Mobile gets also a little bit more attention.

Friendly regards,
André aka Cro Magnon G8ALSK

Future RCT
02-05-2017, 03:18 AM
@Peaches, Welcome and great to see Atari is taking their users serious, so many thanks.
Me myself I don't play RCTW, only RCT Mobile and I really wish more ATARI minded people like you would be there also active.
I think you understand that it is very frustrating when people asking questions all the time and Atari is not home...
I hope that maybe due to your presence ,activity, and possible contacts within the Atari community, RCT Mobile gets also a little bit more attention.

Friendly regards,
André aka Cro Magnon G8ALSK

Why not get RCT Classic? You get RCT 1 and 2, both of which are FAR superior to RCT4M.

Peaches
02-06-2017, 10:13 AM

Friendly regards,
André aka Cro Magnon G8ALSKHiya André 000,

You should see the tech support guys there and I will be poking about too! :)

Why not get RCT Classic? You get RCT 1 and 2, both of which are FAR superior to RCT4M.Hiya Future RCT!

Why not play them all? :D

Prody67
02-06-2017, 11:25 AM
Welcome Peaches,
Hope you enjoy the forums and looking forward to your contribution.

Peaches
02-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Welcome Peaches,
Hope you enjoy the forums and looking forward to your contribution.
:)Thanks Prody67! :)

aecrouch2016
02-10-2017, 06:49 AM
Hi Peaches and congratulations.

Peaches
02-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Hi Peaches and congratulations.Thanks aecrouch2016! I am SUPER excited to be here and hope that you are too. :D

Millennium_Force
02-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Hi Peaches, since this seems to be the only thread that you respond in, can you please address the broken ride animations (specifically Troika/twirler) but also all of the other unrealistic ones. Is the team working on this? Is this a concern for the team at all? Where does Atari/Nvizzio stand on this issue with a key feature of the game? Thank you in advance for your answer.

Disclaimer: I am not trolling/flaming/sarcastic/etc. I genuinely would like an answer to this question which has been asked over and over again with no response.