PDA

View Full Version : What I miss on the game, a Wishlist

19_09
01-15-2017, 05:08 PM
So far, the devolopers made a good port of one of the best games in history, but please: Make RCT great again!

-Real Icloud Sync -> We want to play one save on multiple devices

-More Options -> For ex. i dont want to see green dollar signs everywhere when people join ride - Done

-Less tapping -> for ex. credits, ride prices,..: i have to tap countless times on +- , why cant i just hold the + button, raising automaticly ---- Done, except of credits panel due to safety reasons - redbobcat and Origin8L Posts

-Less or none restrictions in scenario-editor -> i want sandbox, why cant i choose myself if i want 8pathes, 16 or 24 to build ---- not possible because of savegameformat - Horsti12 Post

-Easy File Management -> created scenarios/trackdesigns just deletable after getting to the save-page of scenarios/trackdesigns, too long and complicated way
-some files as custom flatrides, rides (not trackdesigns, custom rides) and paths can be imported but are neither deletable nor renameable

-being able to import a save/ride/scenario through a file explorer (no need to use emails) -> Done for Android, Ios maybe in future, post your favourite file manager and devs will try to implement it - Samoth and Origin8L Posts
-> File explorer workaround on Ios, connect to itunes and import/export/delete/copy your custom stuff, toolkit needed

-Build while the game is paused ---- may conflict with the scenario goals to finish most scenarios in a certain time - redbobcat Post

-No more limit of saving scenario placed in track-designs ---- not possible because of savegameformat - Horsti12 Post

-build everything and place staff while x-time -> time flips back to 1x after every action which is annoying

-no restriction in which scenario we want to play. If we are stuck somewhere, it would mean we won't be able to play following scenarios -> Samoth Post

If you have more suggestions, please mention
Thanks for your attention

Samoth
01-16-2017, 03:20 PM
I support these ideas:

-Real Icloud Sync
-Less tapping
-Build while the game is paused

I'd like to add:

-being able to save while fast forward. Not sure if it's on purpose or not, but it's not possible (at least for me), I have to be at normal speed
-no restriction in which scenario we want to play. If we are stuck somewhere, it would mean we won't be able to play following scenarios
-if possible: better textures
-a place with all the fun facts and helps that pop up during the game or loadings
-being able to import a save/ride/scenario through a file explorer (no need to use emails)

Horsti12
01-17-2017, 05:31 AM
Chris Sawyer can't remove the limits in the scenario mode and other things because of the Savegameformat SV6. He would need to completly rewrite the savegameformat which will break RCT2 compatibility. If you want no limits than you have to wait until OpenRCT2 comming to mobile.

19_09
01-17-2017, 10:14 AM
ok I missed the savegame reason, thanks for that explanation
I edited my initial post and added 2 points of Samoth and a point I forgot in first place

-build everything and place staff while x-time -> time flips back to 1x after every action which is annoying

At Samoth, I tried to save while beeing in 2x , 3x , 4x and had no issue with it on my ipad
Better textures seem to not be possible because they would have to repaint every image in all 4perspectives, i've read something similar in a post where somebody wanted over head view

redbobcat
02-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Definitely less tapping! I vote for that one. – Never mind. I just tried it in the game and it's already there!

Real iCloud sync – yes please.

Also, as I posted in tech support forum, please add the original visibility buttons: view underground, hide scenery, hide rides, etc. for quick access. Make them optional if needed.

Build while the game is paused – that would defeat the purpose of the game as there is a limited time to win the scenario and building in real time is part of the challenge.

DanPlayer01
02-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Well, a recent interview with Chris Sawyer said that he is not palnning any major uodates, naybe just a couple bug fixes. He said not to rule it out, byt most likely no new features will ever come.

19_09
02-07-2017, 10:52 AM
Definitely less tapping! I vote for that one. – Never mind. I just tried it in the game and it's already there!

On Ios it doesn't work for me, are you on android?

redbobcat
02-07-2017, 12:26 PM
iPad 4, iOS 10.2.1
Game ver. 1.1.1.1702012 - 2.12.002

Holding the button triggers fast increase/decrease.

19_09
02-07-2017, 01:05 PM
mh weird, thanks for reply, I have the latest updates too an an ipad compareable, just tried it today on the finance/credit panel and holding +- just lets it stay at the amount I may do another tech. issue post.

Well, what I really miss is a real list of patchnotes anyone knows a place where a full log is?

Origin8L
02-07-2017, 01:53 PM
Hi. The finance window for the loan amount does not have the hold trigger due to the amounts involved in some cases might be unwanted.

Origin8L
02-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Hi. The importing of a save/ride/scenario through a file explorer was added in a recent Android update.

19_09
02-07-2017, 03:01 PM
ok thanks for reply, I will update my initial post after work.

I have still some questions, will or is the usage of a file manager possible in the next ios update too?
And as I asked in the tech subforum can we access the actually not deletable parts such as custom flatrides and not just trackdesigns?

It would also be really helpfull if you would make complete patchnotes what you fixed and what is changed in the updates, the former notes were incomplete in my opinion.

Thanks so far.

Origin8L
02-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Unlikely to be support for a file manager on iOS as access to the files would violate the OS restrictions to do so - is there a file manager on the AppStore that you're expecting to work?

Will get back to you regarding the deletable parts.

Update notes may be added to the forums for future versions depending on the issues that they address, however specific and minor fixes will not be detailed unless widely reported.

Thanks.

19_09
02-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Ok thanks,
I understand the problem with the file manager so far,
I tested some free file manager which didn't work well for me,
I think there are other people who are more experienced with it, hopefully someone replies
A while ago i've also read from a developer to use a specific file manager on ios which works perfectly in free (advertise) mode with their game but i cannot remember which one it was

I've also read about a workaround for avoiding a filemanager on ios, plugin your device to an computer/laptop with itunes and acces rct folders that way but as long as my laptop is broken i wasn't able to test it

I think in general a file manager would be important to get multiple imports easily into the game or to make a safety copy/ device change, in my opnion we just need atleast an ingame surface like we have for track designs, maybe just in the same place, to reach the files which we actually cant

initial post updated

Origin8L
02-09-2017, 05:40 AM
There are some file explorers which would assist with this, however we cannot suggest or approve use of a third party application.

We already support iTunes File Sharing, where you can connect your device to iTunes via USB and can access the local files of the game.
You can use this to copy files into but it's not the suggested way so could be unreliable. You do of course require the Toolkit to make use of them.

Hope that helps.

19_09
02-14-2017, 09:49 PM
Thanks a lot for the recent update, you have done a great job, there is still some space for improvements but in my opinion it's already the best mobile game available!