PDA

View Full Version : Ride entrances/exits

Vbfthree
01-13-2017, 08:20 AM
Always been a big fan of this game, and this version does not disappoint. Perhaps I am confusing versions, but I do recall being able to rotate the ride entrance and exit before placement. Currently you can only have quests enter from one direction (that is set), I recall there being a circle/arrow button that rotated the entrance/exit giving one 4x choices as to which direction the paths joined with the rides. Thanks!

DanPlayer01
01-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Always been a big fan of this game, and this version does not disappoint. Perhaps I am confusing versions, but I do recall being able to rotate the ride entrance and exit before placement. Currently you can only have quests enter from one direction (that is set), I recall there being a circle/arrow button that rotated the entrance/exit giving one 4x choices as to which direction the paths joined with the rides. Thanks!

Not sure that was possible with rct? I know in Parkitect you can.

Armageddon1x
01-13-2017, 03:33 PM
I hate myself answering for Atari, but what you asked is not possible in RCT1 or 2. Same goes for RCT Classic.

I assume you're talking about being able to do this?

http://i.imgur.com/MvlzmXp.png

In which case, this is only possible to do in a neat project called OpenRCT2 using the "Tile Inspector" tool. However, while it may be more convenient for saving space to queue guests, the guests will be walking through the entrance/exit walls since there are no doorways on the side. They'll also kind of walk around weirdly, but it's not too much of a big deal.

Vbfthree
01-13-2017, 05:59 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I do recall being able to do this, perhaps it was on the Xbox version or something, it was along time ago. Makes no difference in the end, still and very enjoyable game.