PDA

View Full Version : RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic - 5 Minute Review Thread

coaster6
12-23-2016, 01:08 PM
Hey all~

In light of the recent release of RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic, I thought I would create a place for people to leave a short, five-minute review of the game. Just take a few minutes to review the game - nothing fancy. What do you like? What don't you like? What changes should be made? Leave your responses below.

coaster6's Review

I purchased RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic not really knowing what to expect. I am ecstatic to report that RCTCL embodies exactly what I would want from a mobile RCT game. My favorite feature (by far) is the ability to use RCT2 concepts throughout the RCT1 scenarios. Building a proper PbP coaster entrance in Forest Frontiers adds a whole new level of depth to the game. The controls are surprisingly good, considering I'm used to navigating with a mouse. The rest of the experience was well, spot-on. I felt that I was getting a true-RCT vibe. The music and sounds are all there, the entire custom track builder is present, and the simulation seems (mostly) ok. I noticed that you could jack the price of a Swinging Ship us to $7.00 and peeps will still ride it happily. My only gripe is the steep $5.99 price tag for the ability to access the scenario editor, ride designer, and sharing abilities. That said, I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of content the vanilla game offers and the two dollar expansions are reasonable. In today's connected world, the ability to create personalized content should be a #1 priority in any game, especially a mobile one. All things considered, I'm pleased to report that RCTCL is everything and more one should expect from Atari.